Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo (818 Views)

Atiku: I'II Defeat My Opponents The Way Arsenal Defeated Chelsea / My Opponents Are Noisemakers’ — Sanwo-Olu Kicks Off Re-Election Campaign / Peter Obi: My Opponents Paying People To Malign Me, Infiltrate My Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 9:07pm On Apr 24
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo state for the September 21 election, Senator Monday Okpebholo, has described his contenders in other parties as baby politicians.

The baby politicians, who believe in speaking fine English, according to Okpebholo, the representative of Edo Central Senatorial District, included Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP’s) Dr. Asue Ighodalo, a Lagos-based lawyer, and Labour Party’s (LP’s) Olumide Akpata, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA).

The governorship candidate of APC in a press statement on Wednesday, April 24, pledged a departure from Governor Godwin Obaseki’s administration, promising heightened Federal Government involvement in strategic initiatives within Edo state if elected.

He said: “My running mate, Hon. Dennis Idahosa, a two-time representative of Ovia constituency of Edo State in the House of Representatives, and I, along with other party faithful, will be speaking with the people directly during the campaigns. We will address their concerns and leave no stone unturned.

“We will not lie to the Edo electorate or deceive them. Our word will be our bond. We will address their concerns and ensure that everyone is carried along. We will speak with our people directly, and give them reasons they should give us a chance to serve them. We have done it before. We will do it again.

“The good thing is that my running mate and I have contested and won elections before. We are currently members of the National Assembly. Those trying to challenge us are baby politicians who believe that speaking fine English will translate to victory. On election day, we will teach them a political lesson that they will not forget.”

Related Posts
Edo Guber: I’ll not disappoint, deceive you, Okpebholo assured Edo people
Good Friday: Expect good leadership from me, Okpebholo assures
Read Also: Ighodalo to PDP leaders: let’s strategise to defeat APC’s Okpebholo
Okpebholo also declared that no amount of intimidation or blackmail by his political opponents would stop him from campaigning and winning the crucial poll.

He said: “When we unveil our manifesto and our winning campaign team soon, we will hit the ground running.

“For us, this is a marathon, and we will win the race in the end. We are in this contest to win, and we will take over Edo State, by the grace of God.”

The standard bearer of APC in Edo also gave an assurance that he would succeed Obaseki on November 12 this year.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thenationonlineng.net/apcs-okpebholo-my-opponents-are-baby-politicians/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjKl7P40tuFAxUQUEEAHUuCDrIQvOMEKAB6BAgOEAE&usg=AOvVaw1NZp8AKNSrW5AB_VEW622w

Mynd44
Seun
Nplfmod
Fergie001
Oam4j
Aswani
Jorussia
Donphilopus
Theceaser
Indispensable85
Helinues
Isokiscool
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by MrALIVE: 9:13pm On Apr 24
In a sane country this man cannot be a councillor talk more of a senator and gubernatorial candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Cindypresh(f): 9:35pm On Apr 24
You no do reach that fake pastor ize iyamu that year oo and you don dey make mouth😂

Ask around oo...Edo no be lagos

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 9:37pm On Apr 24
Cindypresh:

You no do reach that fake pastor ize iyamu that year oo and you don dey make mouth😂

Okpebholo is coming

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by TheCeasar: 9:52pm On Apr 24
Cindypresh:

lol asue and obaseki that has insulted our oba indirectly? Just dey play . This defeat will be the biggest in Edo state history

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by OVB123: 10:08pm On Apr 24
garfield1:

Okpebholo is coming
Edo will be Lagos this time around. We can not be deceived twice because once beating, twice shy.
Affliction shall not come back the second time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Cindypresh(f): 10:23pm On Apr 24
TheCeasar:
lol asue and obaseki that has insulted our oba indirectly? Just dey play . This defeat will be the biggest in Edo state history

Dey play

If yahaya Bello can do it in kogi, imagine Edo state scenario...btw, olamide na my candidate
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 11:08pm On Apr 24
OVB123:
Edo will be Lagos this time around. We can not be deceived twice because once beating, twice shy.
Affliction shall not come back the second time.

Yes oh
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 11:09pm On Apr 24
Cindypresh:

Dey play

If yahaya Bello can do it in kogi, imagine Edo state scenario...btw, olamide na my candidate

Does obaseki have the federal might or resources to fo do brutal rigging? Is Edo as backward as kogi
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Cindypresh(f): 11:45pm On Apr 24
garfield1:

Does obaseki have the federal might or resources to fo do brutal rigging? Is Edo as backward as kogi

He won his second term oo and you said more than this then.

I no get strength this night, Ike adiro m, I agree with you😏

2 Likes

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 11:52pm On Apr 24
Cindypresh:

He won his second term oo and you said more than this then.

I no get strength this night, Ike adiro m, I agree with you😏

He won because he was an incumbent,he was fighting godfatherism,he had support in APC,pdp was united,he had wike and shuaibu.all that is gone,how is he going to do it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by chopnaira: 11:56pm On Apr 24
Cindypresh:

How can that Edo state be Lagos with the likes of Igbenedion, Obaseki e.t.c. Lagos should be compared to Johannesburg , Cairo, Tunis e.t.c & not Edo state grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Kingsmeal: 12:35am On Apr 25
chopnaira:

How can that Edo state be Lagos with the likes of Igbenedion, Obaseki e.t.c. Lagos should be compared to Johannesburg , Cairo, Tunis e.t.c & not Edo state grin

Johannesburg with Agbero 😂.

Agbadorians sef

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Kingsmeal: 12:36am On Apr 25
chopnaira:

Johannesburg with Agbero indeed😂.

Agbadorians sef

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by chopnaira: 3:04am On Apr 25
Kingsmeal:

Johannesburg with Agbero indeed😂.

Agbadorians sef
Yes. Does Edo state have the type of development below. If Edo state makes any of the list below, I would
close my Nairaland account cheesy

https://www.henleyglobal.com/publications/africa-wealth-report-2024/africas-wealthiest-cities

https://www.signaturebride.net/5-must-visit-cities-on-the-african-continent/

https://citymonitor.ai/environment/where-are-the-largest-cities-in-africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Cindypresh(f): 8:43am On Apr 25
chopnaira:

They don't do Godfather in Johannesburg,Cairo, Tunis etc

They don't threaten anyone or use thugs during election.

That's why Lagos is stuck in comparison with that of Edo and co

1 Like

Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 11:40am On Apr 25
Cindypresh:

They don't do Godfather in Johannesburg,Cairo, Tunis etc

They don't threaten anyone or use thugs during election.

That's why Lagos is stuck in comparison with that of Edo and co

Okpebholo has no godfather
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by garfield1: 1:49am On May 01
He was trained by the greatest esan politician
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by Bobloco: 3:00am On May 01
garfield1:

Okpebholo is coming

Okpebholo is cuming
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by aswani(m): 6:35am On May 01
Akpakomezer is right actually, Asue and Akpata were not members of their respective political parties 6 months before they won their Party tickets.

They have never been known to be politically active for any party.

I was once virulently Anti Asue, now I am easy on his candidature, may the best candidate win.
Re: Edo Guber: My Opponents Are Baby Politicians- Okpebholo by EnEnPeecee: 8:01am On May 01
Useless ukpebojolo. All they know is politics but not to deliver dividends of democracy. A big shock awaits APC in Edo state. Ighogadolo Asuen is an experienced professional and the other candidates especially the one from APC is an expired political product

(1) (Reply)

Reno Corrects Peter Obi On Strike Of Educational Workers In Anambra / Efcc Ultimate Search "nigeria Face Of Corruption" / Governor Fashola Offer Legal Aide To Arrested Victims Of Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.