Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao (14654 Views)

Changpeng Zhao: Binance CEO Tops 2024 Crypto Billionaires List / Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao, Loses $12 Billion As Crypto Market Slumps / Changpeng Zhao, Binance CEO Says Operations Of Nigerian Subsidiary Is Fraudulent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Zeebuy: 7:42am On Apr 25
tradepunter:
I knew all these crypto will eventually be used for criminal activities.... Can you imagine taking allowing every low life criminals and terrorist to channel money how they like and the way they want .....

Silly take on this topic. Crypto is even traceable, people who do big underground deals use cash
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Zeebuy: 7:43am On Apr 25
seunmsg:
Americans are just jealous and scared of CZ’s success. His only crime is his Chinese ancestry and nothing else. If he’s an American, they would be celebrating him today. The mistakes of the initial days of Binance has been rectified and he has paid billions in fine already after cooperating with regulatory authorities over the years. Why ask for double the normal prison term for him?

The court should reject the request and place him on probation. He’s no threat to the society in anyway and he’s even stepped down as CEO of Binance. Enough of the witch hunt.

This is the pure, undiluted truth that many of those daft fellows on FP don't know.
This is same thing they did to Huawei. Same thing they're trying to do to TikTok.

As long as it's not an American company they'll find a way to cripple it.

This is the only sensible thing you've said since you joined this forum, you're usually prancing around like a he-goat on heat, looking for obi and obidients to insult
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by theredaddy: 7:44am On Apr 25
jmoore:

You fabricate something and you are mentioning law.
How did the binance staff connive? You obviously won't have a correct answer to that.

They were arraigned in court for tax evasion and money laundering,

how do you explain money laundering without "Conniving" lipsrsealed

Next time don't ever project your dumbness on Me
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by bigiyaro(m): 8:14am On Apr 25
jmoore:
Notice the clear difference.

USA went after the founder, while Nigeria is after the workers.

You cannot arrest and prosecute a bank cashier for the actions of a banking institution, you should hold the CEO liable.

The stubborn ignorance of NSA, EFCC, FIRS and other agencies involved in the arrest and prosecution of the binance staff will disgrace Nigeria.

I am laughing at their useless propaganda that the one that escaped has been arrested and will be extradited.

It is only in Nigeria that a police will arrest a relative of a suspect because they could not find the suspect. They used same stupid mindset to kidnap the binance staff.
Nigeria govt workers don't have the brain for any advanced work, only full time dullards work for Nigerian govt, thats is why the country is suffering like this.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Winnin009: 8:16am On Apr 25
seunmsg:
Americans are just jealous and scared of CZ’s success. His only crime is his Chinese ancestry and nothing else. If he’s an American, they would be celebrating him today. The mistakes of the initial days of Binance has been rectified and he has paid billions in fine already after cooperating with regulatory authorities over the years. Why ask for double the normal prison term for him?

The court should reject the request and place him on probation. He’s no threat to the society in anyway and he’s even stepped down as CEO of Binance. Enough of the witch hunt.

I swear. He’s just being victimized at this point. Their excuse is terror financing?! Really?!?!
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jmoore(m): 8:17am On Apr 25
theredaddy:

They were arraigned in court for tax evasion and money laundering,

how do you explain money laundering without "Conniving" lipsrsealed

Next time don't ever project your dumbness on Me
You are obviously the dumb one.

Anyone can allege any nonsense. I was expecting you to show how they personally evaded tax or laundered money but you ended up with babablu.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by scriptures01: 8:27am On Apr 25
jmoore:

You cannot arrest and prosecute a bank cashier for the actions of a banking institution, you should hold the CEO liable.

The stubborn ignorance of NSA, EFCC, FIRS and other agencies involved in the arrest and prosecution of the binance staff will disgrace Nigeria.

I am laughing at their useless propaganda that the one that escaped has been arrested and will be extradited.

It is only in Nigeria that a police will arrest a relative of a suspect because they could not find the suspect. They used same stupid mindset to kidnap the binance staff.

First person I have heard to point out this obvious fact. Dump move by the Nigerian government. The government's issue should be with binance and not a staff of Binance. If the Binance staff had good laywers, they will floor the government and also get compensation
too.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by theredaddy: 8:28am On Apr 25
jmoore:

You are obviously the dumb one.

Anyone can allege any nonsense. I was expecting you to show how they personally evaded tax or laundered money but you ended up with babablu.

are you naturally these dumb or its just genetics ! if anyone can allege nonsense then why did one of the executives jail break, couldnt binance have just hired a lawyer and disgrace efcc in court, then sue for damages.

you were expecting me to show you how they committed the crime, ode you for kuku ask me for CCTV footage cheesy clowns dey NL sha

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jmoore(m): 8:34am On Apr 25
theredaddy:

are you naturally these dumb or its just genetics ! if anyone can allege nonsense then why did one of the executives jail break, couldnt binance have just hired a lawyer and disgrace efcc in court, then sue for damages.

you were expecting me to show you how they committed the crime, ode you for kuku ask me for CCTV footage cheesy clowns dey NL sha
If ynu are kidnapped, you plot for an escape route, not a lawyer. He was never in jail.
Just dey babablu up and down.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Honestey: 8:36am On Apr 25
Let's forward the list of those supporting Binance director fraudsters to the EFCC as whistle blowers . Obidents raise up your hands!
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by theredaddy: 8:40am On Apr 25
jmoore:

If ynu are kidnapped, you plot for an escape route, not a lawyer. He was never in jail.

Over 3 decades of my life, i never knew kidnappers arraign there victims in court ....

e be like say you and sense naa parallel line

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by ninetiethcrown7(m): 8:58am On Apr 25
jmoore:

If you can't go after the CEO, then focus on other things and not kidnapping the workers.

Lol, I give up with you. Keep on acting delusional.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by AbujaLagos: 9:04am On Apr 25
BIGGIE121:
All billionaires are criminals
ewu
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Luvinghubby: 9:10am On Apr 25
seunmsg:
Americans are just jealous and scared of CZ’s success. His only crime is his Chinese ancestry and nothing else. If he’s an American, they would be celebrating him today.

I knew you will add ethnic bias to it. Nairaland forum is gradually affecting your sense of judgement.

John McAfee was an American who was promoting some scam Crypto was jailed
Hayes who owns BitMex exchange was jailed. He is also an American citizen
Bryan Armstrong owner of Coinbase is being prosecuted too
KRAKEN an American exchange paid heavy fines to SEC
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jaephoenix(m): 9:12am On Apr 25
ozo13:
the man asked a pertinent question.what service do they offer sir and why is US jailing the most Senior man of the company.If convicted of fraud , then one can easily say what the company represent is fraud since the inventor or the main man has bn convicted of people can make money from it ooo but the truth must always be told
Its not pertinent. Its just plain retarded.
If your man is indicting Binance, then its wrong. Binance operates legally in many countries, both in Europe and Asia. Them having issues with US and a few countries doesn't mean they are scumbags
If your man is indicting crypto as a whole, then he's more than wrong. Crypto has many use cases, from decentralized finance, business, blockchain currencies, NFTs etc. Many blue chip companies utilize crypto products from Microsoft, Coca Cola etc. Many trading platforms and payment outlets accept crypto from PayPal, Newegg, even Amazon accepts via third party called Bitpay
So the guy is right, y'all ignorant

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Hotice085: 9:41am On Apr 25
JimohMomoh:
CZ the boss himself. Many years ago when trading of cryptocurrency looked like rocket science, this man made it simple as ABC. Millions of people in Nigeria owe him thanks because he made the 8 years of Buhari's disastrous Government not to affect them.

Instead of running to China to hide, he took a bullet for us and his company Binance not to be liquidated by paying billions of $dollars in fines to SEC.

Everyone make mistakes in life and the mistake you made was opening a branch in the United States and allowing people without KYC to trade on your platform in it's early stage.

Serve your prison sentence in peace and you will come out a world hero.

I still use your exchange daily and I am a BNB hodler which I use to farm launchpool coins.

Run to which China! A place he is wanted after violating their laws, supports the use of VPN in mainland china is you expected him to run to?
You guys should know that Nigerians means nothing to CZ or every other crypto exchanges just do you business and stop thinking this people are better than you
CZ and Binance are not saints if the exchange goes down let it go down Crypto will still stand
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by RenaissanceGuy: 10:08am On Apr 25
seunmsg:
Very true. Just the same way they celebrated Sam Bankman-fried by sentencing him to 25 years in jail.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by addictiv(m): 10:13am On Apr 25
He's unfortunate to be a pawn in a proxy war against China.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by lymelyte(m): 10:14am On Apr 25
johnog4sure:
God bless him, I know several guys who would have gone into crime if not crypto, I didn't benefit directly but many young dudes built houses, got married started other businesses because of binance, he is indeed a blessing
tell them..dem nor know wetin CZ do for boiz. CZ shine light for alot of youngsters/men..
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Karac: 10:15am On Apr 25
jmoore:

So obtuse 🤣🤣.. try dey calm down think before talking. No be everything be nsogbu nsogbu😂
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by Threedoorsdown: 10:53am On Apr 25
They hate China so much

Same they did with Huawei. Same they are doing with tiktok
seunmsg:

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by commoditiesnig: 11:12am On Apr 25
kingolu1:
That's a good one, you will never see USA citizen criticizing their Government over this,but somewhere you will see their citizen in a large debate try to make excuse for the victim, there's nothing legit about Binance or any crypto.
Gbam!
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by OKOATA(m): 1:54pm On Apr 25
jmoore:

Oga people will support what brings food to their table? Aren't you benefiting from the corrupt govt too? So I don't know why you dey cry.
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jayce232: 2:08pm On Apr 25
tradepunter:
I knew all these crypto will eventually be used for criminal activities.... Can you imagine taking allowing every low life criminals and terrorist to channel money how they like and the way they want .....
Every monetary means is use for criminal activities? It is not peculiar to cryppto. Before cryptto were there no terrorists?
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jayce232: 2:14pm On Apr 25
ozo13:
the man asked a pertinent question.what service do they offer sir and why is US jailing the most Senior man of the company.If convicted of fraud , then one can easily say what the company represent is fraud since the inventor or the main man has bn convicted of people can make money from it ooo but the truth must always be told
You don't know what u are saying!
Before cryptto, were there no fraud?
Which day cryptto became popular here?
Did u tie the fraud happening before cryppto came out to money or the individuals?? Cryppto is not fraud, people are the ones using it for fraud, same way they use money for fraud too. If u don't understand something, u ask questions.

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by 11doubledee: 2:42pm On Apr 25
seunmsg:

Is sam bankman-fried also a Chinese?
This is just a criminal,whose greed got the better of him.Most shady online businesses refuse their services to residents or citizens of the USA.
We can't advocate for a better society and allow things like money laundering to thrive.
Most of the victims of money laundering are usually innocent children and women.
From human trafficking,to forced labour,forced prostitution,drugs,fraud, racketeering etc
Even politicians that have stolen monies for our collective development will a find a way to conceal their identity.
They guy knew exactly what he was doing hence the guilty plea, even his paid advocates are not challenging the punishment.
What is bad is bad!
Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by wirinet(m): 4:02pm On Apr 25
DeepSight:

Wirinet..... Here again....
You know I told you how hesitant I am about anything crypto.
Crypto is not the problem. Crypto like any other tool can be employed for both positive and negative use. It's just a system of decentralized exchange.
The problem governments around the world is having with Crypto is how to regulate and monitor it, and collect taxes on transactions made through it.

Trading crypto is like trading other instruments like commodities, forex, stocks, futures, options, etc., the difference is that cryptos are more volatile and unpredictable, and is more prone to manipulation. If you can master it, you can indeed make a lot of money in a short period of time. you can also loose a lot in very short period of time.

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by wirinet(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25
kingolu1:
That's a good one, you will never see USA citizen criticizing their Government over this,but somewhere you will see their citizen in a large debate try to make excuse for the victim, there's nothing legit about Binance or any crypto.
You will also not see US government kidnapping a suspect and lock them up indefinitely while investigating the crime.

Binance is not the only crypto exchange on the internet. There are at least 5 other major ones and uncountable minor ones. Kucoin, OKX, Bybit, MERC, etc are operating without any problem. The even still have NGN on their platforms.

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by ozo13(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25
jayce232:

You don't know what u are saying!
Before cryptto, were there no fraud?
Which day cryptto became popular here?
Did u tie the fraud happening before cryppto came out to money or the individuals?? Cryppto is not fraud, people are the ones using it for fraud, same way they use money for fraud too. If u don't understand something, u ask questions.
baba forget all this long talk .I have a friend that know atleast to an extent this cryptocurrency of a thing and even ready to teach me to make money.
What level of crime do u think Binance had committed to warrant them paying as high as 4billion dollars as PLEA bargain.think man think
.na only Nigeria some people dey always no like dr country when a company committed a serious crime just because they are earning a crumb from it.i rest my case sha.

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by ozo13(m): 6:41pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Its not pertinent. Its just plain retarded.
If your man is indicting Binance, then its wrong. Binance operates legally in many countries, both in Europe and Asia. Them having issues with US and a few countries doesn't mean they are scumbags
If your man is indicting crypto as a whole, then he's more than wrong. Crypto has many use cases, from decentralized finance, business, blockchain currencies, NFTs etc. Many blue chip companies utilize crypto products from Microsoft, Coca Cola etc. Many trading platforms and payment outlets accept crypto from PayPal, Newegg, even Amazon accepts via third party called Bitpay
So the guy is right, y'all ignorant
what crime have they committed to warrant such billions of dollars and they even entered a plea bargain and what I understand about plea bargain is admitting to crime and begging for a soft landing.Mr man think

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by jaephoenix(m): 10:59pm On Apr 25
ozo13:
what crime have they committed to warrant such billions of dollars and they even entered a plea bargain and what I understand about plea bargain is admitting to crime and begging for a soft landing.Mr man think
Their crime was operating without giving due diligence to clients. Due diligence includes KYC and AML measures. To US and other countries, it amounts to money laundering as criminals can hide their identities and use their platform. Binance agrees it has erred and wants to pay the fine. There were no charges of currency manipulations

1 Like

Re: US Seeks 3 Years Prison Term For Binance Founder, Changpeng Zhao by ozo13(m): 5:09am On Apr 26
jaephoenix:

Their crime was operating without giving due diligence to clients. Due diligence includes KYC and AML measures. To US and other countries, it amounts to money laundering as criminals can hide their identities and use their platform. Binance agrees it has erred and wants to pay the fine. There were no charges of currency manipulations
I like the way you try to address it.thanks.
Greed really played a greater role then.
Back home , the Nigeria system though not as serious as the way US system works also accuses say Binance of allowing money laundering via exact same way you explained and the Binance guys was asked to provide data or the KYC u talked about but he didn't want to and later ran away.
US financial system isn't as porous as ours reason they were about to show Binance evidence of alot of financial infractions they committed and hence the heavy fine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IJAM Exchange Customer Support Thread For All E-currencies And Other Services / These Weird Ideas Made Millions / Have scammers run down Google Trader Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.