Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale (363 Views)

Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? / Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Lawag3: 6:11pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Again u left the points and veered off. Please concentrate on the points I raised and stop saying trash. Which miracles overruled science?
Did the Christian scientists tell you they got the knowledge by asking god and praying, or did they get it by carrying researches which takes years and years of study?
Sies!

I didn't veer off the questions you asked about creation and why God did certain things that are scientifically incorrect and impossible and my answer to you is that because he is God and can do anything God created the scientific rules of this world from gravity to time to photosynthesis and what ever so they don't apply to him .

You made a claim that Christians lack scientific knowledge I only point to the fact that most scientific knowledge was made popular by Christian scientists which is a fact.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 6:58pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

If ur schizophrenia can allow u read properly, I clearly said that I am doing this in parts. There are other contradictions and lies in the creation story but I chose just this few to start with. So if we thrash this, I bring up the harder ones. When u can't thrash these easy ones, is there any use bringing up the harder ones?

If your madness would have allowed you you would have remembered that there is nothing here you people have not said before that we have not answered and it always ends with you people insulting us as you have already began insulting me all because you can never validly counter our answers
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 7:03pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Pointless responses!
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 7:07pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Once again, as I expected, u skipped the topic at hand and launched into your regular anti-atheist diatribes. I don't expect anything cerebral or original from you
<yawn>

See the lies of atheist!

They say topic whereas there are at least 7 topics of Allegations of Lies fired

Sed how you prove atheists are Liars?
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Are u even aware some babies are born with heart defects or even without heart. Some without heads, arms etc. Some born with cancers. What is wonderful about them? Sometimes I marvel at the stupidity exhibited by theists. U guys are wonderfully made indeed

You're not serious
It's now you want to shift post
You said humans are poorly made

Are you poorly made
Yes or No
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

The Bible is a book adored by Christians. It has been found to contain a lot of errors, lies and contradictions and thus not a reliable book.

Maxindhouse

Why did you mention my name when you know that i will only give you one evidence?

The promise JEHOVAH made and fulfilled it in the gathering of His worshipers: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Whatever is written in that book is believable until you people are able to tell me how the book made it possible for individuals from different geographical locations on this planet to come together in millions and formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers during the time when such seems extremely impossible!

Please if you can't address that you don't need to mention me because i'm much more intelligent than fruitless arguments so tell me what is fruitful as in profitable than what that book as made possible in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thank you! smiley
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 7:10pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

As usual, ignoring the message and attacking the messenger. None of u have made any meaningful attempt to tackle the post.
I'm used to theist nuances grin

I'll answer but I've not seen anyone that's poorly made so my answer cannot be generalised
Are you poorly made?
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 7:13pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Thats the point. Nobody was born with religion til s/he meets a liar, whether Christian/Muslim/Buddhist etc

And see how you Lie by the post!

You atheists are the biggest Liars people have eve met, for as soon as people are born parent, teachers, classmate, neighbours start lying to children but when they grow up, the get to see that you atheists are the biggest and the nost evil liars a person should never meet.

And here is an atheist openly lying again
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

1. This is what your babble said
Genesis 1:1 of the Bible states, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth". So that your point that the heaven and earth were already in existence goes to the trash can.
2. I don't think u even read through the post, which is my problem with you theists. The babble clearly said day and night, and even used terms like evenings. So how can you say its not a 24 hr day when evenings were mentioned. I even said some of your apologists said this same bullshit but clearly the babble means 24 hr day when it mentions evenings. So rest
3. Yup. Human brain was poorly made. Firstly, its poorly protected. There's a thin side in the temple called pterion. Its easily traumatized by any blunt object leading to death. Secondly, the retinal connection to the visual cortex is all fvcked up and thirdly we can't access 80% of our brain. There are other brain flaws, which I can't remember but would drop here as soon I can remember

The physical heavens and earth were already in existence in the beginning meaning they had a beginning... The heavens comprise of the sun and other planetary Bodies and the others.... The existed in the beginning before the Bible starts to mention the period of creation which are called days... That is why the Bible did but mention that water was created among the said 6 days of creation cos they existed at some point.... It was later that the Sun and earth appeared.... Foolish person like you will never use your brain and it's not surprising since your brain is well poorly made...
The day is not 24 hour period cos the material heaven already existed. The day could be aeons or epoch of times comprising thousands of years... Genesis 2:4 which was written by the same writer summarize the whole account as if it happened in one day...
Even in the Jewish language of old, not all days are 24 hour period. For example, I could say, 'The day of Jewish harvest ' which does not necessarily mean that their harvest is completed in one 24 hour day...
Even today too, the word day is not literal 24 hour period. If I say that women in your father's day did not own a car, am I referring to a single day in your father's life or an extended period?
If you watch football, we use to hear of matchday 1, are the games only played on one 24 hour day? No. It usually start from Friday till Monday
Your brain needs urgent replacement Jaephoenix ... You should exchange it with budaatum or LordReed cos they're equally dense like yours

Now, imagine that it rains heavily all night till 4am... You may not see the sun for the whole of that day but morning will still come? Why? Cos of the dense clouds which may have made the sun indiscernible... That daytime is a evidence of sunlight.

Your poorly made brain did not remind you that light has a source... So when God said, let there be light on Day 1, where do you think that light source came from? It came from the sun which only became discernible on the 4th day
Did your poorly made brain not tell you that the earth evidently existed before day 1 cos it must have been holding water (earth is the only planet where water is found)... The Bible later said that it appeared (not created on the third day)

All you do is copy nonsense from Quora and paste without using your brain... Oh, your poorly made brain
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 7:41pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Are u even aware some babies are born with heart defects or even without heart. Some without heads, arms etc. Some born with cancers. What is wonderful about them? Sometimes I marvel at the stupidity exhibited by theists. U guys are wonderfully made indeed

See madness!

You said humans are poorly made now.you have changed mouth, see how disgracefully you prove that you speak stupidly?

1 Like

Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

See madness!

You said humans are poorly made now.you have changed mouth, see how disgracefully prove that you have speak stupidly?

Typical behavior of an atheist
How will I answer that humans are poorly made when he can't confess he's poorly made
He's just seeking attention
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by FRANCISTOWN: 7:54pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

You atheists have begun with your lies again.

Was anyone born holding a bible? No

Everyone had an open mind when they first read the bible. And anyone who reads the bible with an open mind finds that the bible
provokes him to ask relevant and important questions and reveals the kind of persons they are/who they want to be anong other things they wish/do not wish to know.
You were already indoctrinated into christianity before you learnt how to read the Bible.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 7:57pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

Typical behavior of an atheist
How will I answer that humans are poorly made when he can't confess he's poorly made
He's just seeking attention

Exactly!

He has never even confessed that he is poorly made before.

A clear proof that atheists are very stupid fools who speak and brain-nonely lie anyhow.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:02pm On Apr 25
FRANCISTOWN:

You were already indoctrinated into christianity before you learnt how to read the Bible.

Not everyone is born catholic like you
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:03pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

Knownunknown

Do you agree with Jaephoenix that you're poorly made ๐Ÿ˜‚

grin hahahahahaha
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by FRANCISTOWN: 8:05pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:
Francistown, are you also poorly made like Jaephoenix?
The word made is a very generous term.
The OP was only trying to let you know that, the possibilities of humans, being designed/made is minimal. He already made himself clear enough when he mentioned that some kids are born with deformed heart and other kinds of sicknesses.

If humans were made. Why would any maker make a human with a deformed heart?

I guess this is what the OP meant: If humans were products of evolution, then humans evolved well. But if humans were products of an intelligent design, then the designer is far from being intelligent.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:05pm On Apr 25
See the thread.has not even moved and the lies and madnesses are mounting up.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

Exactly!

He has never even confessed that he is poorly made before.

A clear proof that atheists are very stupid fools who speak and brain-nonely lie anyhow.

He believes we're in this world for no reason
Atheism is built on hopelessness, selfishness, foolishness, meaninglessness and craziness

Poorly made Jaephoenix
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by FRANCISTOWN: 8:06pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

Not everyone is born catholic like you
You didn't go to church before you read the Bible?
Yiur parents didn't tell you stuff and Jesus and Yahweh before you learnt to read the Bible?
Dey play.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:08pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

The image below will be a perfect made human for Jaephoenix... He's free to modify himself to look like such
When his wife gave birth to his child or when his mother gave birth to him (Jaephoenix)
Did his parents say, oh ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ What a poorly made son of mine!

Jaephoenix, die your parents at your own birth say you're poorly made son?
Tell NL forum, let them hear

grin hahahahahahaha.

Maybe that is,what he looks like grin And that's why his intelligence operates like a chicken's own. grin
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 8:12pm On Apr 25
FRANCISTOWN:

The OP was only trying to let you know that, the possibilities of humans, being designed/made is minimal. He already made himself clear enough when he mentioned that some kids are born with deformed heart and other kinds of sicknesses.

I guess this is what the OP meant: If humans were products of evolution, then humans evolved well. But if humans were products of an intelligent design, then the designer is far from being intelligent.

You're not serious
The only humans God made is Adam and Eve.
They're like factory machines in producing other humans but this factory machine became defected by going against the maker's standards... Will you ascribe the poorly made copies to the Maker?

Jaephoenix was speaking on general terms... Did he mention babies born with disabilities or the human makeup?

You guys lie to yourself and keep suppressing the truth... You're worst than jihadists
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:38pm On Apr 25
FRANCISTOWN:

You didn't go to church before you read the Bible?
Yiur parents didn't tell you stuff and Jesus and Yahweh before you learnt to read the Bible?
Dey play.

grin in the 80's which parent teaches a chid about God and the bible? Is it not "read your book, read your book" everytime?

Not everyone was tortured with mad doctrinations like you catholics
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25
FRANCISTOWN:

OP said humans are poorly made
So if humans are products of evolution, you will tell op that he is wrong and that humans evolved well shey?

Both of you are very blind
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by StillDtruth: 8:48pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

He believes we're in this world for no reason
Atheism is built on hopelessness, selfishness, foolishness, meaninglessness and craziness

Poorly made Jaephoenix

Because atheism is a collection of people cursed by God and who have been permantly cut off and casted out by Him.and they know that God will never ever be having anything to do with them ecxept to punish them.

So, they live a life full of lamentations and pains and sorrows and darkness and miserability and hopelessness. And that is why they are always in pain insalting and abusing God following folks.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by KnownUnknown: 9:44pm On Apr 25
LordReed:

Unfortunately the Christians do not take that particular lesson at all; they seem to internalise some kinda hatred for the universe, they want it remade so badly they think their deaths will usher them to it.

Thatโ€™s how their overseers control them.
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by jaephoenix(m): 9:53pm On Apr 25
Lawag3:

I didn't veer off the questions you asked about creation and why God did certain things that are scientifically incorrect and impossible and my answer to you is that because he is God and can do anything God created the scientific rules of this world from gravity to time to photosynthesis and what ever so they don't apply to him .

You made a claim that Christians lack scientific knowledge I only point to the fact that most scientific knowledge was made popular by Christian scientists which is a fact.
So Yahweh also changed the fossils to negate his creation? Sometimes u christians amaze me with your thought process and logical reasoning.
I told you that the Bible said birds came before land animals, and that it is wrong scientifically since fossil records suggest the opposite, showing the bible lied, then u jumped into the 'god is god' ship, without even wasting a second on my post.
Wonderfully and fearfully made, are you lots, indeed shocked
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by jaephoenix(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

You're not serious
It's now you want to shift post
You said humans are poorly made

Are you poorly made
Yes or No
The topic is poor human design is part of my OP since christians raise that point as evidence of intelligence design. There's is no shifting of post, u dimwit.
I suffer chronic back ache and hemorrhoids due to the poor design as bipeds. So now as per my design, yes, I'm poorly designed. Do u want it in bolds. YES I'M POORLY DESIGNED AND MADE! Which other languages do u want it?
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by jaephoenix(m): 10:00pm On Apr 25
MaxInDHouse:

Why did you mention my name when you know that i will only give you one evidence?

The promise JEHOVAH made and fulfilled it in the gathering of His worshipers: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

Whatever is written in that book is believable until you people are able to tell me how the book made it possible for individuals from different geographical locations on this planet to come together in millions and formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers during the time when such seems extremely impossible!

Please if you can't address that you don't need to mention me because i'm much more intelligent than fruitless arguments so tell me what is fruitful as in profitable than what that book as made possible in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thank you! smiley

Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by SIRTee15: 10:07pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

So Yahweh also changed the fossils to negate his creation? Sometimes u christians amaze me with your thought process and logical reasoning.
I told you that the Bible said birds came before land animals, and that it is wrong scientifically since fossil records suggest the opposite, showing the bible lied, then u jumped into the 'god is god' ship, without even wasting a second on my post.
Wonderfully and fearfully made, are you lots, indeed shocked

This topic is another strawman argument typical of nairaland atheist.
Once they are bored, they come online to create a topic never claimed or debated by Christians.
This is one reason I respect Muslims here, at least those ones will ask questions regarding your belief b4 creating topic.

But the I too know atheists will instead choose a topic of fancy, then claim it's a Christian belief and start constituting nuisance with it.

FYI, the miracle of Christianity is not the bible, the miracle of Christianity is the resurrection. Our faith and belief is hinged on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without resurrection, there will be no christianity.
The day U guys prove the resurrection of Jesus never happened is the day Christian becomes false.
Until then, U guys are simply wasting your time, your claims means nothing.

Of course we will debate U for the fun of it or for academic reason but it changes nothing for us.

For example re this topic, no Christian ever took the bible creation story literally. Few heretic ones claiming creation science have been rejected by mainstream Christians and debunked.

No Christian has ever made a claim God created the earth within 144 hours. None.
So U coming here and challenging Christians to debate something they don't regard as literal makes no sense.
It's just another strawman fallacy this op is known for...
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by jaephoenix(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25
Aemmyjah:

The physical heavens and earth were already in existence in the beginning meaning they had a beginning... The heavens comprise of the sun and other planetary Bodies and the others.... The existed in the beginning before the Bible starts to mention the period of creation which are called days... That is why the Bible did but mention that water was created among the said 6 days of creation cos they existed at some point.... It was later that the Sun and earth [b]appeared.[/b] ... Foolish person like you will never use your brain and it's not surprising since your brain is well poorly made...
The day is not 24 hour period cos the material heaven already existed. The day could be aeons or epoch of times comprising thousands of years... Genesis 2:4 which was written by the same writer summarize the whole account as if it happened in one day...
Even in the Jewish language of old, not all days are 24 hour period. For example, I could say, 'The day of Jewish harvest ' which does not necessarily mean that their harvest is completed in one 24 hour day...
Even today too, the word day is not literal 24 hour period. If I say that women in your father's day did not own a car, am I referring to a single day in your father's life or an extended period?
If you watch football, we use to hear of matchday 1, are the games only played on one 24 hour day? No. It usually start from Friday till Monday
Your brain needs urgent replacement Jaephoenix ... You should exchange it with budaatum or LordReed cos they're equally dense like yours

Now, imagine that it rains heavily all night till 4am... You may not see the sun for the whole of that day but morning will still come? Why? Cos of the dense clouds which may have made the sun indiscernible... That daytime is a evidence of sunlight.

Your poorly made brain did not remind you that light has a source... So when God said, let there be light on Day 1, where do you think that light source came from? It came from the sun which only became discernible on the 4th day
Did your poorly made brain not tell you that the earth evidently existed before day 1 cos it must have been holding water (earth is the only planet where water is found)... The Bible later said that it appeared (not created on the third day)

All you do is copy nonsense from Quora and paste without using your brain... Oh, your poorly made brain
Obviously u cant even read this your babble that is supposed to be your guide. Is the bolded in your Bible or did you pull it out of your ass? Your Bible also talked about evening, so please which evening did it mean?
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by jaephoenix(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25
StillDtruth:

See madness!

You said humans are poorly made now.you have changed mouth, see how disgracefully you prove that you speak stupidly?
Lol. Mental illness isnt good at all. It makes irony seem like facts to u. Ogbeni, if you dont know what sarcasm is, get out of my sight. Both u and the person that liked your post. Waste of school fees
Re: The Christian Creation Story. Why Its An Old Wives Tale by Aemmyjah(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25
jaephoenix:

Obviously u cant even read this your babble that is supposed to be your guide. Is the bolded in your Bible or did you pull it out of your ass? Your Bible also talked about evening, so please which evening did it mean?

Before God said, let there be light, there was no material universe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Testimonial Code / Can A Relationship Exist With Out Immorality / A Thread To Rep. Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.