Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition (17294 Views)

Questions Arise As Chrisland School Wins 12 Out Of 25 Beacon Of Safety Awards / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by CluelessMODS: 7:14am On Apr 27
IfnobeGod20:

You people misconstrued his words. How will he say he didn't build new school while he built from scratch to finish Anambra state university annex. The only issue here is, he didn't conceptualize new school that he named by himself but not built new schools is a fallacy. He built new schools and they are many. It's you people that are looking for what it is not lost. Did Obiano built new school too? No. As Soludo built too? No. Anambra peculiarity is quite different. You people should stop looking for what is not lost.
Bye!
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 8:09am On Apr 27
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Interesting fact is that the so called highest WAEC pass rate you're ready to die on was a one season wonder. Other states have also had the same highest pass rate/percentage. Obi was governor for 8 years, what happened to the remaining 7years? What happened to the years after? What happened to Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education? Are you saying that great schools like CKC Onitsha, FGGC, Nnamdi Azikiwe University or even the private schools like Madonna can't and don't have enough effect to produce good results or the best results? They have to wait for Obi's packaged effect. Dey play

I mentioned facts like donation of computers & generator sets which you should either affirm or negate but you didn't. All these schools you mentioned DMGS, CKC, Igwebuike Grammar School Awka, St. Mary's Ifitedunu, Comprehensive Nnofia, Mater Amabilis etc before the emergence of Obi were shadows of their selves. Obi introduced a system that is obtainable now in Anambra state. These schools are now managed by Churches Catholic & Anglican, but owned by government. He spent money on these schools.
You making reference to WEAC exam as a case study is nonsense. Obi prepared Anambra for future... Don't run away from this question: Mention any governor or president in Nigeria that gave each school in his state 30 computers, one hiace bus, a sound proof generator set, one bore hole... I am not talking of renovation, teacher's welfare including ongoing formation...

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 9:42am On Apr 27
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

I mentioned facts like donation of computers & generator sets which you should either affirm or negate but you didn't. All these schools you mentioned DMGS, CKC, Igwebuike Grammar School Awka, St. Mary's Ifitedunu, Comprehensive Nnofia, Mater Amabilis etc before the emergence of Obi were shadows of their selves. Obi introduced a system that is obtainable now in Anambra state. These schools are now managed by Churches Catholic & Anglican, but owned by government. He spent money on these schools.
You making reference to WEAC exam as a case study is nonsense. Obi prepared Anambra for future... Don't run away from this question: Mention any governor or president in Nigeria that gave each school in his state 30 computers, one hiace bus, a sound proof generator set, one bore hole... I am not talking of renovation, teacher's welfare including ongoing formation...

Donations to schools are done by every state government every time and every year. It is in each state plan and budget. It is not uncommon for even individuals to donate to schools. Politicians, commissioners, LG chairmen, musicians, sports people do it all the time. It's not a special achievement or critical determiner. i do not need to affirm or negate a state government's donations, it is besides the point.
The point is that the 2014 or was it 2013 WAEC is the main point of Obi supporters to say Obi took education to number 1. If you don't know, what they mean by number 1 is that they had the highest percentage in pass rate for that year. Now, WAEC itself has come out several years to state that they do not give such rankings. What people do is to pick up statistics of students that passed at least 5 subjects, including English and Mathematics in each state for the year. That's all. There's no champion in that. Different states have their different positions every year. Anambra has not been number 1 in that criteria for the past 10 years after. They were not number in that criteria for 7 out of 8 years when Obi was governor. So it clearly had nothing to do with Obi's government donations.
Apart from this, such people ignore the total number of students in question. Anambra state has less than 20,000 students registering for WAEC, compared to states like Oyo or Rivers or Lagos that record over 40,000 to 50,000 students. People ignore the students that actually have the highests schools overall that actually get gifts and recognition. These are generally also students from the South, but not limited to any particular state, it varies. There is NO clear demarcation anywhere showing that Anambra is ahead of other states.
Also, WAEC is not the only basis for academic performance. We have nursery, primary and tertiary institutions asides other indices.
Anambra is not in top 10 of states with highest number of primary schools. It is not in the top 3 when states are judged by several factors including access to education, quality of teaching and learning outcomes.. It is not among the top 10 states that have employed the highest number of primary school teachers.
We can't just be running about for years with a one time, one criteria statistics. One that was followed closely by close down of hundreds of magic centres.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 12:16pm On Apr 27
aswani:

Conceptualise and build, what us the difference, the man himself said he didn't build, you are here blowing grammar and saying he did.

Even if he didn't build, what exactly is the issue that you Obidients have to needlessly scramble around like this to defend him against Reno?

He built ó, he conceptionalised ó, he renovated ó, he clearly spent some of the government money on education which is not a bad thing. Why the Obidient insults and abuse directed at everyone else over the matter?

Another Obidient even started dragging Lagos state in the matter. Ah ah, dem dey forbid una to comot eye.
Even after showing you buildings he built during his time, you guys still find pleasure still fighting the truth. When he said he didn't build new school, he was directly saying he never conceptualized new school, the way Reno and his cotravellers were driving at. Again, it seems you don't even know the meaning of conceptualization of new school. It means having an idea of new school, build it from scratch and give it a name by yourself. Peter Obi only rebuilt legacy schools and renovated the ones needed to be renovated.
Of what use is building new schools when the old and legacy schools can be renovated and add more structures to them?
What I expected Reno to do is to identify a village without a school that Peter Obi should have giving them one but he didn't. I think that should be the honourable thing to do, not this pull him down syndrome he is into.
Meanwhile, it is on record that no governors in the whole Nigeria as at now that have invested heavily in education, health and security like Peter Obi. The records are still there all two of his successors attest to that and they are still reaping the fruits till date. Obiano said Peter Obi did wonders in health. Soludo said I will continue with Peter Obi legacy in education. All these news are everywhere and can be googled.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by aswani(m): 12:27pm On Apr 27
IfnobeGod20:

Even after showing you buildings he built during his time, you guys still find pleasure still fighting the truth. When he said he didn't build new school, he was directly saying he never conceptualized new school, the way Reno and his cotravellers were driving at. Again, it seems you don't even know the meaning of conceptualization of new school. It means having an idea of new school, build it from scratch and give it a name by yourself. Peter Obi only rebuilt legacy schools and renovated the ones needed to be renovated.
Of what use is building new schools when the old and legacy schools can be renovated and add more structures to them?
What I expected Reno to do is to identify a village without a school that Peter Obi should have giving them one but he didn't. I think that should be the honourable thing to do, not this pull him down syndrome he is into.
Meanwhile, it is on record that no governors in the whole Nigeria as at now that have invested heavily in education, health and security like Peter Obi. The records are still there all two of his successors attest to that and they are still reaping the fruits till date. Obiano said Peter Obi did wonders in health. Soludo said I will continue with Peter Obi legacy in education. All these news are everywhere and can be googled.

Who is fighting anything? You didn't read what I wrote as nothing I have said has been addressed by you.

Stop running, nobody is chasing you.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 1:10pm On Apr 27
aswani:

Who is fighting anything? You didn't read what I wrote as nothing I have said has been addressed by you.

Stop running, nobody is chasing you.
Mr. Man, I am not a gullible fellow and don't have anything to address if you're still on this old new school when the said man built array of schools and invested to lift the school up and her students and his investment still doing wonders till date that his successors still hold on to the same reforms, please what do you want me to address, when you have refused to apply common sense.
I think you now need to stop been stagnant like waterlogged because a stagnancy is a setback to the owner.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 5:23pm On Apr 27
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Donations to schools are done by every state government every time and every year. It is in each state plan and budget. It is not uncommon for even individuals to donate to schools. Politicians, commissioners, LG chairmen, musicians, sports people do it all the time. It's not a special achievement or critical determiner. i do not need to affirm or negate a state government's donations, it is besides the point.
The point is that the 2014 or was it 2013 WAEC is the main point of Obi supporters to say Obi took education to number 1. If you don't know, what they mean by number 1 is that they had the highest percentage in pass rate for that year. Now, WAEC itself has come out several years to state that they do not give such rankings. What people do is to pick up statistics of students that passed at least 5 subjects, including English and Mathematics in each state for the year. That's all. There's no champion in that. Different states have their different positions every year. Anambra has not been number 1 in that criteria for the past 10 years after. They were not number in that criteria for 7 out of 8 years when Obi was governor. So it clearly had nothing to do with Obi's government donations.
Apart from this, such people ignore the total number of students in question. Anambra state has less than 20,000 students registering for WAEC, compared to states like Oyo or Rivers or Lagos that record over 40,000 to 50,000 students. People ignore the students that actually have the highests schools overall that actually get gifts and recognition. These are generally also students from the South, but not limited to any particular state, it varies. There is NO clear demarcation anywhere showing that Anambra is ahead of other states.
Also, WAEC is not the only basis for academic performance. We have nursery, primary and tertiary institutions asides other indices.
Anambra is not in top 10 of states with highest number of primary schools. It is not in the top 3 when states are judged by several factors including access to education, quality of teaching and learning outcomes.. It is not among the top 10 states that have employed the highest number of primary school teachers.
We can't just be running about for years with a one time, one criteria statistics. One that was followed closely by close down of hundreds of magic centres.

Amend your ways, you are a bitter soul. I ask you to mention any president or governor that has done that, you ran away from it. Obi's investment in Anambra state education paid immensely. Anambra has been bright in terms education but the government of Mbadinuju killed Anambra state. I am also a victim of that, for one year we stayed at home. God will continue to bless that man. We were taught computer science with computers...all thanks to this man. You can't paint him black. He has his faults but in terms of primary and secondary education no government in Nigeria since 1999 has reach to Obi's height.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 7:22pm On Apr 27
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Amend your ways, you are a bitter soul. I ask you to mention any president or governor that has done that, you ran away from it. Obi's investment in Anambra state education paid immensely. Anambra has been bright in terms education but the government of Mbadinuju killed Anambra state. I am also a victim of that, for one year we stayed at home. God will continue to bless that man. We were taught computer science with computers...all thanks to this man. You can't paint him black. He has his faults but in terms of primary and secondary education no government in Nigeria since 1999 has reach to Obi's height.

It is meaningless. The fact remains that Anambra state or any state for that matter doesn't have a proven consistent academic edge over the others. You've been unable to prove that, except refer to a probable fluke.
Asking you to provide facts to buttress your point has nothing to do with bitterness. Schools and doctors were on strike for months when Obi was governor. Why do you keep repeating others problem and not talking about Obi's. That's hypocrisy, that's selective.
Neither Ngige, Obiano or Soludo agree with this your positions. It says a lot.

https://twitter.com/AbiaIndigene00/status/1784288925810381201?t=rvNu8js3xF9gykiqilAO1A&s=19
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 7:50pm On Apr 27
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

It is meaningless. The fact remains that Anambra state or any state for that matter doesn't have a proven consistent academic edge over the others. You've been unable to prove that, except refer to a probable fluke.
Asking you to provide facts to buttress your point has nothing to do with bitterness. Schools and doctors were on strike for months when Obi was governor. Why do you keep repeating others problem and not talking about Obi's. That's hypocrisy, that's selective.

Which state are you from? I mentioned primary and secondary schools specifically. Southeastern universities went on strike! Can we say that went ASUU goes on strike that its the fault of governor of a particular state?
Obi has his own fault for sure! But his good work surpasses his faults. Those things I mentioned computer set, hiace bus, generator sets, bore hole etc you haven't mentioned the Nigerian president or governor that has repeated such feat. If you are not bitter why can't you praise him for that? In terms of academics in primary and secondary schools level Anambra state is number one. Proof- unity school cut off mark for Anambra state is the highest in the whole country- 136.
These awards are testament to my proposition: https://godigitech.com.ng/anambra-school-girls-win-gold-in-world-technovation-challenge-in-usa/

https://grundtvigsecondary.com/category/awards/

https://www.nairaland.com/8058490/anambra-school-emerges-winner-global

https://247ureports.com/2023/07/anambra-wins-more-national-laurels-to-represent-nigeria-in-intl-debate-in-dubai/
These are just recent ones... Obi is a go

2 Likes

Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 9:07pm On Apr 27
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Which state are you from? I mentioned primary and secondary schools specifically. Southeastern universities went on strike! Can we say that went ASUU goes on strike that its the fault of governor of a particular state?
Obi has his own fault for sure! But his good work surpasses his faults. Those things I mentioned computer set, hiace bus, generator sets, bore hole etc you haven't mentioned the Nigerian president or governor that has repeated such feat. If you are not bitter why can't you praise him for that? In terms of academics in primary and secondary schools level Anambra state is number one. Proof- unity school cut off mark for Anambra state is the highest in the whole country- 136.
These awards are testament to my proposition: https://godigitech.com.ng/anambra-school-girls-win-gold-in-world-technovation-challenge-in-usa/

https://247ureports.com/2023/07/anambra-wins-more-national-laurels-to-represent-nigeria-in-intl-debate-in-dubai/
Let me help you add the below line as to pepper Image123 very well as he has refused to use his common sense.

Soludo attested to Peter Obi exploit in education by saying he will continue with Obi's education reform.
Read what Soludo said in this link concerning Obi's education reform:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/10/07/we-are-continuing-with-peter-obis-legacy-in-education-says-soludo%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwiipuOX87KFAxU__7sIHUvuAsAQFnoECBQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw0bnotRMsMAscNF5UZefT9o

Here below is what Obiano said concerning health reform of Obi also:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/09/obiano-obi-did-magic-in-healthcare-delivery-in-anambra%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjV68jM87KFAxWHhP0HHVTeB8kQFnoECBsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3cUEu3W9q_4U0IAA9QCHct

Read what IGP Abubakar said on Anambra security during Peter Obi
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thenationonlineng.net/ig-declares-anambra-safest-since-five-years/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia1Pn387KFAxWuTEEAHdlSDA4QFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3sHMG_Xsk0iW9J7fPkwwO5

You can further feed your spirit with goodnews of Obi exploit in security Mr. Image123:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/obi-laid-foundation-security-enjoy-anambra-retired-dig-leha/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia1Pn387KFAxWuTEEAHdlSDA4QFnoECBUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3YQccrFo5OXyAJ2X_9lTAn

You may say but teachers and doctors went on strike. Yes, they went on strike because of greediness but the two sectors never suffered. He asked them to account for the money he gave them for education and health but they could not account for it. He was wise, he began to develop all the dilapidated missionary and community schools and rebuilt all abandoned nursing schools and reregister them by using religion leaders. Today Soludo kept to the same style, as the religion leaders are less corrupt.
So, you can jump from here to Jupiter, it doesn't take away his exploits in those sectors. Stop lying and crying.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 1:44pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Obi was the chief cause of the Southeast universities strike. They did not implement the agreement that the other ASUU members had with government. i remember reports then of Obi trying to bribe judges with cars and removing the school VC for not cooperating.
i do not need to mention any governor/government donating computer and buses. They all do. i remember reports of Aregbesola of Osun state giving all students tablets. Giving laptops or tablets to students is not a foundational policy. We can clearly see that there was no sustainable result to such moves. Different states in the South of Nigeria have academic prowess. They will all lay claims to winning one competition or award. Nobody is contesting that; i am a Nigerian, we know that we are brilliant. The problem is attributing it to the work of one particular person. If you claim/insist it is, why is it not consistent? If they win such awards or competition for 4 or 5 years straight when Obi was governor, maybe we can attribute it to Obi. Or if maybe after Obi, they one some award consistently for about 4 or 5 times or more, we can say, maybe Obi laid the foundation and they are now reaping. But all these one-offs, and you are not even saying it is because of the current governor? Haba. Like one of the backwater awards that you mentioned, a Cross Rivers girls team won it for the High school category, no cross river governor said it was him that made it happen. There are hundreds of thousands of such programmes all over the world. Using it to claim that you are the best is a big joke. And how on earth does a private school in Anambra's website have something to be Obi's achievement? This is desperation at the least.
It's like a football team winning the league once in ten years and you claim they are the best, or that it is the work of their former coach of ten years ago, not the current coach. It's laughable.
What are unity cut off marks? i don't even know what that is. cheesy cheesy cheesy Is it cut off marks to gain admission into secondary schools, or primary schools? Anyway, cut off marks are not a reflection of quality of students. They are used to CUT OFF students. If i want 10 students out of 100, i will simply raise the cut off mark so that fewer students are admitted. There's no Einstein genius in that. They do it in all universities and faculties every year so that they do not overadmit students. Of course, the best students should naturally get admitted on merit, but the point of primary and secondary education is its compulsion for ALL. i don't see any pride in a state cutting off students for primary and secondary education. Maybe a school can do that, because they cannot take in everyone. But a whole state, i don't see that as a plus or a basis to rank them the best. If you insist, please produce the data for about 10 years, at least let's verify. Don't give us another one off link or year somewhere.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 2:17pm On Apr 28
IfnobeGod20:

Let me help you add the below line as to pepper Image123 very well as he has refused to use his common sense.

Soludo attested to Peter Obi exploit in education by saying he will continue with Obi's education reform.
Read what Soludo said in this link concerning Obi's education reform:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/10/07/we-are-continuing-with-peter-obis-legacy-in-education-says-soludo%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwiipuOX87KFAxU__7sIHUvuAsAQFnoECBQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw0bnotRMsMAscNF5UZefT9o

Here below is what Obiano said concerning health reform of Obi also:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/02/09/obiano-obi-did-magic-in-healthcare-delivery-in-anambra%3Famp%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjV68jM87KFAxWHhP0HHVTeB8kQFnoECBsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3cUEu3W9q_4U0IAA9QCHct

Read what IGP Abubakar said on Anambra security during Peter Obi
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://thenationonlineng.net/ig-declares-anambra-safest-since-five-years/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia1Pn387KFAxWuTEEAHdlSDA4QFnoECB8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw3sHMG_Xsk0iW9J7fPkwwO5

You can further feed your spirit with goodnews of Obi exploit in security Mr. Image123:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/obi-laid-foundation-security-enjoy-anambra-retired-dig-leha/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia1Pn387KFAxWuTEEAHdlSDA4QFnoECBUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3YQccrFo5OXyAJ2X_9lTAn

You may say but teachers and doctors went on strike. Yes, they went on strike because of greediness but the two sectors never suffered. He asked them to account for the money he gave them for education and health but they could not account for it. He was wise, he began to develop all the dilapidated missionary and community schools and rebuilt all abandoned nursing schools and reregister them by using religion leaders. Today Soludo kept to the same style, as the religion leaders are less corrupt.
So, you can jump from here to Jupiter, it doesn't take away his exploits in those sectors. Stop lying and crying.

There is nothing to pepper me if there is good governance in any state or part of te world and country. It's only right to ask for proof when you make claims. Governance is not faith where people just believe. These guys are men, not God.
If you cliam that Anambra state or any state is the best state in something, then show us the basis for the conclusion. You claim Anambra is the best state in Education, due to Obi. i ask HOW? How is Anambra the best. How do we tie that best claim to Obi?
Instead of showing me, you begin to "pepper" me. Are you not a clown? Sending me links of what people said. So a politician's diplomacy saying good about Obi is what we should swallow without proof? What politician has something good not being said about on the pages of newspapers. Should i give you loads of flowery talk about any of your hated politicians, like Tinubu or Buhari? Would you take/accept that as scriptures, because i see you talking about feeding my spirit?
Schools were at home for months, doctors were on strike for over a year because of Obi. And you have the foolery to say that it had no effect. What about people that suffered and even lost lives because the doctors were on strike? What kind of blind talk is this? Have you ever been to hospitals in Nigeria and had to wait for doctors to attend to you or your loved ones? Because of some mediocre repackaged politician, you are here saying YES, no problem with strikes. What a pity. i hope you're even being paid for such evil thoughts.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 4:33pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Obi was the chief cause of the Southeast universities strike. They did not implement the agreement that the other ASUU members had with government. i remember reports then of Obi trying to bribe judges with cars and removing the school VC for not cooperating.
i do not need to mention any governor/government donating computer and buses. They all do. i remember reports of Aregbesola of Osun state giving all students tablets. Giving laptops or tablets to students is not a foundational policy. We can clearly see that there was no sustainable result to such moves. Different states in the South of Nigeria have academic prowess. They will all lay claims to winning one competition or award. Nobody is contesting that; i am a Nigerian, we know that we are brilliant. The problem is attributing it to the work of one particular person. If you claim/insist it is, why is it not consistent? If they win such awards or competition for 4 or 5 years straight when Obi was governor, maybe we can attribute it to Obi. Or if maybe after Obi, they one some award consistently for about 4 or 5 times or more, we can say, maybe Obi laid the foundation and they are now reaping. But all these one-offs, and you are not even saying it is because of the current governor? Haba. Like one of the backwater awards that you mentioned, a Cross Rivers girls team won it for the High school category, no cross river governor said it was him that made it happen. There are hundreds of thousands of such programmes all over the world. Using it to claim that you are the best is a big joke. And how on earth does a private school in Anambra's website have something to be Obi's achievement? This is desperation at the least.
It's like a football team winning the league once in ten years and you claim they are the best, or that it is the work of their former coach of ten years ago, not the current coach. It's laughable.
What are unity cut off marks? i don't even know what that is. cheesy cheesy cheesy Is it cut off marks to gain admission into secondary schools, or primary schools? Anyway, cut off marks are not a reflection of quality of students. They are used to CUT OFF students. If i want 10 students out of 100, i will simply raise the cut off mark so that fewer students are admitted. There's no Einstein genius in that. They do it in all universities and faculties every year so that they do not overadmit students. Of course, the best students should naturally get admitted on merit, but the point of primary and secondary education is its compulsion for ALL. i don't see any pride in a state cutting off students for primary and secondary education. Maybe a school can do that, because they cannot take in everyone. But a whole state, i don't see that as a plus or a basis to rank them the best. If you insist, please produce the data for about 10 years, at least let's verify. Don't give us another one off link or year somewhere.

Whoever read this your write up will be see that you hate Obi and you want to trivialize all he did. His effort is yielding fruits and will continue.
Unity schools are Federal government colleges located in different regions. Anambra state has highest cut off mark which is 136. Sokoto's cut off mark is 6. I am just pointing it out for you that downplayed what Obi's input. You are comparing sharing tablets to some students with a governor that share computers to schools, equipped them with sound proof generator to power it and at the same time trained some teachers for it.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Whoever read this your write up will be see that you hate Obi and you want to trivialize all he did. His effort is yielding fruits and will continue.

Fact remains that there is no prrof that Anambra is number one state in Education in Nigeria. There is no proof that Obi made them number 1. These are the issues.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 4:45pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Fact remains that there is no prrof that Anambra is number one state in Education in Nigeria. There is no proof that Obi made them number 1. These are the issues.

Recent award says otherwise:
https://punchng.com/anambra-school-emerges-winner-in-global-competition/?amp
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by aswani(m): 4:52pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

That doesn't suggest Anambra is the number one state, it just says one Anambra school won an award in a global competition.

Anambra could have one really good school and the rest rubbish schools. Slthst won't make them number one.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 6:07pm On Apr 28
Image123:

There is nothing to pepper me if there is good governance in any state or part of te world and country. It's only right to ask for proof when you make claims. Governance is not faith where people just believe. These guys are men, not God.
If you cliam that Anambra state or any state is the best state in something, then show us the basis for the conclusion. You claim Anambra is the best state in Education, due to Obi. i ask HOW? How is Anambra the best. How do we tie that best claim to Obi?
Instead of showing me, you begin to "pepper" me. Are you not a clown? Sending me links of what people said. So a politician's diplomacy saying good about Obi is what we should swallow without proof? What politician has something good not being said about on the pages of newspapers. Should i give you loads of flowery talk about any of your hated politicians, like Tinubu or Buhari? Would you take/accept that as scriptures, because i see you talking about feeding my spirit?
Schools were at home for months, doctors were on strike for over a year because of Obi. And you have the foolery to say that it had no effect. What about people that suffered and even lost lives because the doctors were on strike? What kind of blind talk is this? Have you ever been to hospitals in Nigeria and had to wait for doctors to attend to you or your loved ones? Because of some mediocre repackaged politician, you are here saying YES, no problem with strikes. What a pity. i hope you're even being paid for such evil thoughts.
Whenever you're in haste to reply to a comment, there is tendency that you will score owned goal or say things out of context. Even after reading my articulate comment, you still went overboard misyarning. Well, I don't blame you because one can only exhibit within his knowledge.
Mr. Man, Anambra state is not like your state, mind you I am also a Yoruba man, before you start seeing me as Igbo. Most of their schools and hospitals are owed by religion groups and community efforts. Government give the religion community grants always and help them to develop them. Many at times they even collect the schools and hospitals, spend on them and then hand them over again. If you use what is obtainable in your community to judge peculiar thing in south east, you may score owned goal.
For Obiano, the political enemy of Obi to come out to say, Peter Obi did wonders in health and recently Soludo that wrote an epistle about the business established by Peter Obi government to have worth nothing to have come out to say, he has continued in the education reform of Peter Obi, that should tell you something you didn't know.
Yes, you may blame Peter Obi for not aggressively improve the Anambra IGR but you can never blame him for not improving the health, education and security of Anambra state during his tenure. He invested heavily in the three sectors and got both local and international accolades.

Read below the reply of Peter Obi on the strike. Read it keenly with pure heart and not with bias mind.

"Peter Obi Speaks On His Tenure As Anambra Governor
Speaking during a live interview with Nigerian Youtuber, Adeola Fayehun, on Monday, the former Anambra governor said that although the strike lasted for about 13 months, it did not affect a lot of people that were sick.

Obi said he was attempting to bring change to the hospitals and schools in Anambra by reviving the dying health and education sector which was the center of the industrial dispute.

He said, “It’s an issue I don’t want to discuss, our hospitals were not functioning, we tried to fund health facilities, it wasn’t working, there was strike in education too, we tried to fund our secondary schools and primary schools, it wasn’t working, so we decided that we have to have alternatives when I got to Anambra State, there was no single school of nursing that was accredited, no school of midwifery, no school of health technology – all these were not there.

“The hospitals were in bad conditions, same was the schools, we were putting money and we were not seeing the results, even bought ambulances, they disappeared, so I said no, we have to have an alternative. So we returned schools to the churches, the original owners, and say ‘we will fund you and of course, we saw the results, we moved from number 26 to number 1. The same thing happened with the hospitals, we built 10 schools of nursing, midwifery, and health technology but not through government”

The former governor went further to explain how churches that owned schools were funded and resuscitated and accredited thereafter.

He said, “For example, in Iyienu being owned by Church of Nigeria, they have the school of nursing, school of midwifery and school of health technology, we funded and resuscitated it and it was accredited, we went to Onitsha, Waterside being owned by the catholic church and Borromeo, their schools of nursing, school of midwifery, we resuscitated it, they were accredited and are functioning now.

“We went to St. Joseph Adazi, their school of nursing, school of midwifery, school of health technology we resuscitated it and it’s working. We went to Our Lady of Lourdes in Ihial, school of nursing, school of midwifery, school of health technology, we resuscitated it and it’s functional.

“We even worked with one of the Church of Nigeria bishops that were very committed in health issues, Bishop Ikeakor, and set up in Amichi Hospital, we built school of nursing, school of midwifery and school of health technology, these are schools that are there.

“So, in doing this, I had issues with the established bodies because they saw it that I was now doing things to the private sector. For me, the result was important and that was the issues

“During my governorship, I had strikes with teachers, doctors, different groups, but it was trying to change them from being what they used to be to what it should be. When you bring change, you will have enemies – all those who live off the old order.” he added.

Link attached
https://www.kanyidaily.com/2022/08/why-doctors-schools-went-on-one-year-strike-when-i-was-anambra-governor-peter-obi.html
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[/color]

Big facepalm. Winning random awards is a prerogative of almost any state in the South of Nigeria. Just google [color=#990000]() school emerges winner. In the bracket, put any state of your choice. ResultS will come out. There are hundreds of thousands of competitions that Nigerian schools(especially private schools) apply for. We win these awards every other year and month. It's not a proof of who is better. There is NO consistency there. How do you claim to be the best when every state has a school with an award of its own? And how do you prove that Obi is the reason for a random award in 2024? What happened to 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023? How many Nigerian schools participated in such a competition?
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 6:26pm On Apr 28
IfnobeGod20:

Whenever you're in haste to reply to a comment, there is tendency that you will score owned goal or say things out of context. Even after reading my articulate comment, you still went overboard misyarning. Well, I don't blame you because one can only exhibit within his knowledge.
Mr. Man, Anambra state is not like your state, mind you I am also a Yoruba man, before you start seeing me as Igbo. Most of their schools and hospitals are owed by religion groups and community efforts. Government give the religion community grants always and help them to develop them. Many at times they even collect the schools and hospitals, spend on them and then hand them over again. If you use what is obtainable in your community to judge peculiar thing in south east, you may score owned goal.
For Obiano, the political enemy of Obi to come out to say, Peter Obi did wonders in health and recently Soludo that wrote an epistle about the business established by Peter Obi government to have worth nothing to have come out to say, he has continued in the education reform of Peter Obi, that should tell you something you didn't know.
Yes, you may blame Peter Obi for not aggressively improve the Anambra IGR but you can never blame him for not improving the health, education and security of Anambra state during his tenure. He invested heavily in the three sectors and got both local and international accolades.

Read below the reply of Peter Obi on the strike. Read it keenly with pure heart and not with bias mind.

"Peter Obi Speaks On His Tenure As Anambra Governor
Speaking during a live interview with Nigerian Youtuber, Adeola Fayehun, on Monday, the former Anambra governor said that although the strike lasted for about 13 months, it did not affect a lot of people that were sick.

Obi said he was attempting to bring change to the hospitals and schools in Anambra by reviving the dying health and education sector which was the center of the industrial dispute.

He said, “It’s an issue I don’t want to discuss, our hospitals were not functioning, we tried to fund health facilities, it wasn’t working, there was strike in education too, we tried to fund our secondary schools and primary schools, it wasn’t working, so we decided that we have to have alternatives when I got to Anambra State, there was no single school of nursing that was accredited, no school of midwifery, no school of health technology – all these were not there.

“The hospitals were in bad conditions, same was the schools, we were putting money and we were not seeing the results, even bought ambulances, they disappeared, so I said no, we have to have an alternative. So we returned schools to the churches, the original owners, and say ‘we will fund you and of course, we saw the results, we moved from number 26 to number 1. The same thing happened with the hospitals, we built 10 schools of nursing, midwifery, and health technology but not through government”

The former governor went further to explain how churches that owned schools were funded and resuscitated and accredited thereafter.

He said, “For example, in Iyienu being owned by Church of Nigeria, they have the school of nursing, school of midwifery and school of health technology, we funded and resuscitated it and it was accredited, we went to Onitsha, Waterside being owned by the catholic church and Borromeo, their schools of nursing, school of midwifery, we resuscitated it, they were accredited and are functioning now.

“We went to St. Joseph Adazi, their school of nursing, school of midwifery, school of health technology we resuscitated it and it’s working. We went to Our Lady of Lourdes in Ihial, school of nursing, school of midwifery, school of health technology, we resuscitated it and it’s functional.

“We even worked with one of the Church of Nigeria bishops that were very committed in health issues, Bishop Ikeakor, and set up in Amichi Hospital, we built school of nursing, school of midwifery and school of health technology, these are schools that are there.

“So, in doing this, I had issues with the established bodies because they saw it that I was now doing things to the private sector. For me, the result was important and that was the issues

“During my governorship, I had strikes with teachers, doctors, different groups, but it was trying to change them from being what they used to be to what it should be. When you bring change, you will have enemies – all those who live off the old order.” he added.

Link attached
https://www.kanyidaily.com/2022/08/why-doctors-schools-went-on-one-year-strike-when-i-was-anambra-governor-peter-obi.html

What is all this epistle? Show workings that Anabra state is the best state in Education and that it is because of Obi. Stop beating about the bush, you may get bitten by a snake. cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 6:35pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
aswani:

That doesn't suggest Anambra is the number one state, it just says one Anambra school won an award in a global competition.

Anambra could have one really good school and the rest rubbish schools. Slthst won't make them number one.

If they are not number one what can you say this? https://saharareporters.com/2021/07/05/nigerian-government-puts-cut-marks-unity-school-134-average-south-east-low-2-marks

What this? https://www.nairaland.com/7199522/2022-unity-school-cut-off

And this? https://www.nairaland.com/8074902/why-there-no-uniform-cut
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 6:40pm On Apr 28
Image123:

What is all this epistle? Show workings that Anabra state is the best state in Education and that it is because of Obi. Stop beating about the bush, you may get bitten by a snake. cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided
Please did you and I argue that Anambra is the best in education? I said, Peter Obi did wonders in education, that not building fresh school cannot demean his performance because he invested heavily on education and the result is uncontestable, as it always reflective in any data brought out. Recently a data of out of school children in Nigeria had Anambra having the lowest percentage. That's what I am saying and not the rhetoric you and Reno spewing.
https://www.nairaland.com/8035298/out-of-school-children-across-states-nigeria/1#129009110
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by aswani(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

If they are not number one what can you say this? https://saharareporters.com/2021/07/05/nigerian-government-puts-cut-marks-unity-school-134-average-south-east-low-2-marks

What this? https://www.nairaland.com/7199522/2022-unity-school-cut-off

And this? https://www.nairaland.com/8074902/why-there-no-uniform-cut

I didn't say they are not number 1, I just said your link was a weak submission as to the your postulation.

Now you are sending cut of marks links. That only proves a primary school students require higher marks, it doesn't prove the state is number 1 in education as a whole.

No need to respond though to try and comvince me or whatever, as long as they are number 1 in your mind, that's OK.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 6:46pm On Apr 28
[/color]
Image123:

Big facepalm. Winning random awards is a prerogative of almost any state in the South of Nigeria. Just google [color=#990000]() school emerges winner. In the bracket, put any state of your choice. ResultS will come out. There are hundreds of thousands of competitions that Nigerian schools(especially private schools) apply for. We win these awards every other year and month. It's not a proof of who is better. There is NO consistency there. How do you claim to be the best when every state has a school with an award of its own? And how do you prove that Obi is the reason for a random award in 2024? What happened to 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023? How many Nigerian schools participated in such a competition?

Stop this trash you are writing! This is the first time Nigeria is winning it in 32 years. The World Affairs Challenge, was organised by WorldDenver. It empowers high school students to develop innovative solutions for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
CKC Onitsha’s journey started at the African Regional Competition, where they were named the highest-scoring Nigerian team and the top five in Africa. The team proceeded to pitch in the virtual global finals and following a rigorous evaluation, the team’s in-depth understanding and passionate delivery during the final Q&A session left a lasting impression.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28
IfnobeGod20:

Please did you and I argue that Anambra is the best in education? I said, Peter Obi did wonders in education, that not building fresh school cannot demean his performance because he invested heavily on education and the result is uncontestable, as it always reflective in any data brought out. Recently a data of out of school children in Nigeria had Anambra having the lowest percentage. That's what I am saying and not the rhetoric you and Reno spewing.
https://www.nairaland.com/8035298/out-of-school-children-across-states-nigeria/1#129009110

Good, there is no proof that Anambra or any state is the best in Nigeria. That's what i have continued to say. In this case, we have no argument. Dey your lane, make i dey my lane. i don't need news on Obi.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 6:51pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
aswani:

I didn't say they are not number 1, I just said your link was a weak submission as to the schools.

Now you are sending cut of marks links. That only proves a primary school students require higher marks, it doesn't prove the state is number 1 in education as a whole.

No need to respond though to try and combine me or whatever, as long as they are number 1 in your mind, that's OK.

Actually this argument centres on primary and secondary school education and Obi's investment in primary and secondary school education in Anambra state.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Stop this trash you are writing! This is the first time Nigeria is winning it in 32 years. The World Affairs Challenge, was organised by WorldDenver. It empowers high school students to develop innovative solutions for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
CKC Onitsha’s journey started at the African Regional Competition, where they were named the highest-scoring Nigerian team and the top five in Africa. The team proceeded to pitch in the virtual global finals and following a rigorous evaluation, the team’s in-depth understanding and passionate delivery during the final Q&A session left a lasting impression.

Good to see that you have the data. Can you send the list of schools or countries that won it these 32 years? Also, was there Nigerian participation these 32 years? Thanks.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 7:09pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Good to see that you have the data. Can you send the list of schools or countries that won it these 32 years? Also, was there Nigerian participation these 32 years? Thanks.

That is your job to do...
Rejoice with them...
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

That is your job to do...
Rejoice with them...

Nope, it's not my job to do. Congratulations to them. If you claim that they are the best school in Nigeria for winning a random award, the burden of proof is on you. There are many other schools with awards this academic year, too. There are schools that have produced best student in WAEC, NECO, past UTME, Maths competitions, Spelling competition, etc Congratulations to all of them.
There is no problem with that. Until someone claims that such an award makes their state the best in Education and the reason is because of their governor from about 10 years ago.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Freebills12: 7:28pm On Apr 28
[color=#000099][/color]
Image123:

Nope, it's not my job to do. Congratulations to them. If you claim that they are the best school in Nigeria for winning a random award, the burden of proof is on you. There are many other schools with awards this academic year, too. There are schools that have produced best student in WAEC, NECO, past UTME, Maths competitions, Spelling competition, etc Congratulations to all of them.
There is no problem with that. Until someone claims that such an award makes their state the best in Education and the reason is because of their governor from about 10 years ago.

If you can't then gently sit down. They are number one both primary and secondary, if you doubt ask minister of education why Anambra state will have highest cut off for unity schools/federal government colleges. Ask him too why Anambra state students have cleared all awards this year both national and international... You can ask Tinibu too
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by Image123(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

If you can't then gently sit down. They are number one both primary and secondary, if you doubt ask minister of education why Anambra state will have highest cut off for unity schools/federal government colleges. Ask him too why Anambra state students have cleared all awards this year both national and international... You can ask Tinibu too

i didn't even stand yet. Number 1 in your dreams. Highest number of primary schools in Nigeria, highest number of teachers in Nigeria. They no dey. WAEC best student, no show. UNESCO literacy rate, missing in action. The one i attached too(make i help you dey find random nonsense, too) grin grin, no where? Only mouth. Help me ask Tinibu, whoever that is.

1 Like

Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by aswani(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Let's assume they are Number one in primary school because of the cut off for unity schools, how have you extrapolated that to them being number one is secondary school.

You posted a link to an international award, what about all the other international awards. What national awards did they clear?

You need to calm right down, be proud of your state but still, calm right down.
Re: Anambra School Wins National Girls In ICT Competition by IfnobeGod20: 9:49pm On Apr 28
Image123:

Good, there is no proof that Anambra or any state is the best in Nigeria. That's what i have continued to say. In this case, we have no argument. Dey your lane, make i dey my lane. i don't need news on Obi.
I am on my lane it is you and Reno that are jumping lanes and yarning rubbish without applying common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IPPIS: Nigerian Lecturers Do Not Hold Multiple Full Time Lecturing Jobs / For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 / NANS Knocks ASUU For Joining Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.