Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students (7577 Views)

Lagos State Pays ₦1.2billion Pension Funds To Retirees / WAEC Yet To Release Result Of 70,000 Students In Kano Over Debt / Ajimobi Allegedly 'duped' 20,000 Students In Name Of Bursary – Oyo Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:25am On Apr 26
vowiski:

Still far short from Free Education they enjoyed.

Don’t forget this is a once in a year thing. Nothing to be celebrated.

How much is government house feeding budget every month?
Think about it

If them no do, problem.... If them do small, problem...

Would u have preferred for them go give u the money to smoke weed °°

Do u know how many families in Nigeria cannot afford Waec fees

Make una dey show gratitude... Even if na small..... Yes it's not the best but my question is.... What if them no do at all....

What if them use that 1.5b take furnish government house..... E get werin u Wan do

2 Likes

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by ppogba: 7:26am On Apr 26
dominique:

There are over 300 public secondary schools in Lagos state, that would be an average of 192 students per school which I personally find low. During my set, we were 313 students that were enrolled for waec that year

What year was that?

It is only logical to think that with the number of private schools in the state now , that your 192 is likely.

More schools have been built and it is possible that congestion witnessed during your time has reduced.

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Ijaya123: 7:26am On Apr 26
I hope all those students are of Yoruba lineage.

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Flame333: 7:27am On Apr 26
helinues:

No, it's rather when you lie too much, to believe the truth would just be so hard.

That's the situation here

That's true
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:28am On Apr 26
mytime24:
Nice1

But d govt shld make this WASCCE thing free for all

Hope you know WAEC is for west Africa and not just Nigeria??
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by ppogba: 7:29am On Apr 26
Dennisochampa:

Make una dey show gratitude... Even if na small..... Yes it's not the best but my question is.... What if them no do at all....

What if them use that 1.5b take furnish government house..... E get werin u Wan do

Some comments are better ignored here but you should have asked him how much his own state governor spends on monthly feeding since all that concerns him is food and food alone.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:30am On Apr 26
rinzaugustine:
Lies and propaganda have been stock in trade of APC since 2015 with nothing to show for it ..what are the names of the 58,000 pupils..I am sure the real number is not even up to one tenth of that figure

What are the names of the people that bill gates send aids to in Africa every year

If u can give me all their names, I will tell u the names of all 58,000 beneficiaries of the waec money

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:30am On Apr 26
EdiskyHarry:
In Akwa ibom State, we don't pay school fees, waec or Neco exams fee, from primary to secondary for like 20 years now

We Don hear... go take your drugs...
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:33am On Apr 26
shox:
na anambra kids Dey make Lagos waec result Dey somewhat ok

What do you expect from a kid sired by an agbero father and agbo selling mom.

I just hope I’m not talking about ur family

And yet, una principal build beer factory for una Instead of new schools...
Make una deh help develop Lagos Sha.... Because anambra is now home to unknown gunmen and exam malpractice centres

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Ijaya123: 7:33am On Apr 26
LagosFirstSon:
Iranu

Una wan dey flex muscle with Anambra because Anambra is way above you guys in education despite Awolowo wasted effort in giving you people in South west free education.... ..you can't beat that

Truth is, Awolowo free education in south west didn't yield any meaningful result .

Which Anambra are you talking about? The headquarter of cheating centres.

You even attempted to rubbish Awolowo’s legacies…did you know that Okonjo Iweala is one of the products of that free education? You might want to fact check me.

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Dennisochampa: 7:34am On Apr 26
rinzaugustine:
moroof olaniyi everybody cannot be a drug addict like your one and only allah Tinubu mandate thief
Hoebi will never rule 9ja
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by ppogba: 7:35am On Apr 26
Crucialgem:
Why does every single thing done in this apc regime always find it was to the media. Is it just today Lagos state have been paying for waec

So,.the others ones that have been paying in Lagos according to you are not APC?

So, payment of WAEC fees should not be in the news but the jubilation over Julius Berger logo at a road rehabilitation that has not started should be in the news?

But, CC Soludo inspecting drainage construction should be on CNN?

Make una dey think small small o.

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by doneyor(m): 7:36am On Apr 26
A former governor uses almost the same amount to pay advance fee for his children
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Mercylike(f): 7:40am On Apr 26
rinzaugustine:
Lies and propaganda have been stock in trade of APC since 2015 with nothing to show for it ..what are the names of the 58,000 pupils..I am sure the real number is not even up to one tenth of that figure

Omo yìína.... You sound pained right

100,000 Gbarebo Rhodes will never become Lagos state governor

1 Like

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Orobadmeat: 7:42am On Apr 26
cool cool cool cool
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by bibelo: 7:52am On Apr 26
rinzaugustine:
Do you know the names of all students in the public secondary school in your area ?. Don't just comment for commenting same.if you are in Lagos go to any public secondary school and ask the ss3 students if their parents paid for them to sit for Waec.
Note the Lasg has been paying Waec fees for students in public secondary school since the year 1999.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by kareemkamil(m): 7:53am On Apr 26
Una no go die & end well in life, while not all WAECC student in Lagos.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by THilfiger: 8:01am On Apr 26
And after using teachers to supervise their exams WAEC would still pay them peanuts and would expect us not to compromise during the course of supervision.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Lekomax: 8:21am On Apr 26
That's great!
sdeli:
Good one from the caring governor. That is dual to a free Education

God bless you for this singular act sir
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by razzydoo(m): 8:39am On Apr 26
In late Da grin’s voice, Moni dream lati di govnor of Eko mega city. I would like to continue in the footsteps of Govnor Fashola and Govnor Sanwo Eko…
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by oladipuposadeeq(m): 9:12am On Apr 26
LagosFirstSon:
Iranu

Una wan dey flex muscle with Anambra because Anambra is way above you guys in education despite Awolowo wasted effort in giving you people in South west free education.... ..you can't beat that

Truth is, Awolowo free education in south west didn't yield any meaningful result .
who told you they wan flex muscle with Anambra besides I am still questioning them spending that kind of money because it would amount to each student paying approximately 25k plus for waec besides recent times south east has produced best student in waec and also south west has produced best students in other fields also so be logical when reasoning and don't make everything be a competition with Anambra do head like kettle, do anyhow make I nod you back to Mogadishu grin
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Image123(m): 9:19am On Apr 26
Is this in the manifesto? Have you guys read the manifesto?
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by anonimi: 9:26am On Apr 26
vowiski:

Think about it

God bless you for not being a low lifer suffering and smiling citizen who is happy with the at least Stockholm Syndrome.
Stay blessed sir.
The APC charlatans are propaganda fueled pseudo progressives who should be called progreThieves.

Babasessy:
In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by baralatie(m): 9:28am On Apr 26
How I wish I can do such a gift in my state
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by baralatie(m): 9:31am On Apr 26
Dennisochampa:

Abi o
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by baralatie(m): 9:32am On Apr 26
God bless GoverySanwoolu for this life saving gesture
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Bintasukai: 9:53am On Apr 26
rinzaugustine:

Of what use is your sureness when you don’t have any data. Just blowing air from Uranus.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by OAFMods: 10:15am On Apr 26
Yet Anambra can't pay it just that sane once in year. It's a shame really. This are legacies by Bola Ahmed Tinubu that should be celebrated not a fraudulent bastard in Peter [b]Pandora Obi declaring education is not for the poor then increased Tuition by over 300% n failed to pay teachers close to a year. Which is the rubbish fools now celebrate in Nigeria.[/b]

vowiski:

Think about it

This is obidient ipob clown each student as exam n candidate number that can be tracked

rinzaugustine:
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by dominique(f): 10:23am On Apr 26
ppogba:

What year was that?

It is only logical to think that with the number of private schools in the state now , that your 192 is likely.

More schools have been built and it is possible that congestion witnessed during your time has reduced.

Early 2000s. Truly there were more students in public schools then than private but considering the population explosion Lagos has experienced since then, I expect the numbers to be at par or even higher.
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Kasdat5(m): 10:36am On Apr 26
chopnaira:

Speak for yourself abeg.

Oga face front .
Re: LASG Pays ₦‎1.5 Billion WASSCE Fees For 58,000 Students by Cmeo(m): 10:55am On Apr 26
This act paying for everyone is not ok. Government does not need it. Just allow them to access student loan for this. Only those who want it will get it then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Drops Odili's Corruption Case / Ondo To Ban Sale Of Coffins Near Hospitals / APC National Chairman Commits Another Treasonable Blunder In Owerri!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.