Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration (11776 Views)

Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration / Governor Alia Flags Off Construction Of 16 Roads In Benue (Photos) / Boko Haram: New Service Chiefs Can’t Do Better Than Their Predecessors - Shekau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by BenuePolitician(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26
The Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, on Friday, asked his predecessors to refrain from interfering in his administration, saying they already had their term.

The governor gave the warning while briefing journalists in Makurdi on his return from the United States of America.

Though, the governor did not particularly mention anybody, the immediate past governor of the state, Samuel Ortom had during the celebration of his 63rd birthday said that those advising the governor to be at daggers drawn with the Secretary General of the Federation, Senator George Akume, did not have the interest of the state.

But speaking to journalists in Makurdi, Alia asked his predecessors to henceforth shut up.

The governor stated that he would not allow anyone to destabilize his administration.

He said, “I can’t allow anyone whether a former governor or Civil Servant. If you are a former governor and you have nothing to contribute to Benue, shut up. You had your term you went through it, and allowed the administration to work.

“You did your part and if you are in the state know exactly what you are saying. Criticisms are welcomed but verify your facts

“If you have served your tenure you cannot stay by the side and destabilize this government
, he said

Speaking on his visit to the USA, the governor said that he along with nine other governors of the North were invited by the US Peace Institute to chart a way forward on insecurity confronting the region.

“Ten governors were there and several things were considered for implementation. Amongst them is how to get the displaced persons back homes, which is paramount to me.

“I have been away in the last eight days to sell the image of the state and clear its battered image.

“In the past, Benue wasn’t even on the national radar. It’s going to be a place where other states will come to learn, emulate, and take back to their states.

“Farmers are getting back to farming in Gwer West, Gwer East, Guma, and Makurdi among others are enjoying relative peace.

“Those of us at the home front must do our best. Each person is a security personnel and it must go beyond seeing something and saying something

“Don’t let anybody buy you off to sell your people don’t let anyone cow you to sell off your land.

“Cooperate with security apparatus to give us their best. The uniform people are here with us and for us. If someone wants to use you to steal cows or to cause mischief, tell them to bring back their children”
, the governor added.

https://punchng.com/dont-interfere-in-my-administration-benue-gov-warns-predecessors/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Alphafeezay(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26
Politics is part of our problem

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by jkpbestseries: 9:19pm On Apr 26
God help you Fr.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by nathyx(m): 9:31pm On Apr 26
BenuePolitician:
The Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, on Friday, asked his predecessors to refrain from interfering in his administration, saying they already had their term.

The governor gave the warning while briefing journalists in Makurdi on his return from the United States of America.

Though, the governor did not particularly mention anybody, the immediate past governor of the state, Samuel Ortom had during the celebration of his 63rd birthday said that those advising the governor to be at daggers drawn with the Secretary General of the Federation, Senator George Akume, did not have the interest of the state.

But speaking to journalists in Makurdi, Alia asked his predecessors to henceforth shut up.

The governor stated that he would not allow anyone to destabilize his administration.

He said, “I can’t allow anyone whether a former governor or Civil Servant. If you are a former governor and you have nothing to contribute to Benue, shut up. You had your term you went through it, and allowed the administration to work.

“You did your part and if you are in the state know exactly what you are saying. Criticisms are welcomed but verify your facts

“If you have served your tenure you cannot stay by the side and destabilize this government, he said

Speaking on his visit to the USA, the governor said that he along with nine other governors of the North were invited by the US Peace Institute to chart a way forward on insecurity confronting the region.

“Ten governors were there and several things were considered for implementation. Amongst them is how to get the displaced persons back homes, which is paramount to me.

“I have been away in the last eight days to sell the image of the state and clear its battered image.

“In the past, Benue wasn’t even on the national radar. It’s going to be a place where other states will come to learn, emulate, and take back to their states.

“Farmers are getting back to farming in Gwer West, Gwer East, Guma, and Makurdi among others are enjoying relative peace.

“Those of us at the home front must do our best. Each person is a security personnel and it must go beyond seeing something and saying something

“Don’t let anybody buy you off to sell your people don’t let anyone cow you to sell off your land.

“Cooperate with security apparatus to give us their best. The uniform people are here with us and for us. If someone wants to use you to steal cows or to cause mischief, tell them to bring back their children”, the governor added.

https://punchng.com/dont-interfere-in-my-administration-benue-gov-warns-predecessors/

Fr. Alia the best performing governor in Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Freshtruth(m): 9:33pm On Apr 26
Play play this guy done stop the sharing of money for Benue hope them.no go assassinate am.like this

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by crossfm: 6:16am On Apr 27
Hehehe.

Nigerian politicians are always at war with each other,the time they are suppose to use in development,they waste it fighting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Promismike(m): 6:17am On Apr 27
There should be a law restricting predecessors from interfering on the government of a sitting governor or president.

Let each be hold accountable for his government.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by superCleanworks(m): 6:18am On Apr 27
You have been warned

4 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by joebeckz(m): 6:22am On Apr 27
Hmmm!
Second tenure will be a tough race for the governor especially that he stopped the sharing of money to politicians in the state and has blocked almost all channels for theft.
They will fight back.

19 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by joebeckz(m): 6:22am On Apr 27
Freshtruth:
Play play this guy done stop the sharing of money for Benue hope them.no go assassinate am.like this
A friend who works at government house Benue is lamenting, they use to have their cut from the sharing of money to people. He said this governor is so stingy and has stopped sharing money to parasites which was very common under past administrations.
I told him it was good for the state, he should put the state first before himself.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by linkers: 6:23am On Apr 27
Second tenure, the governor may not get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by benuejosh: 6:26am On Apr 27
When they can't deliver they start complaining and holding hands on things that don't have value. As a sitting governor that has powers over former governors? Just an excuse not to perform.
Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Gten(m): 6:27am On Apr 27
Yes Father.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by WorldRichest: 6:29am On Apr 27
He is MAD. He be like say he wants to copy Rivers State model. He wants to start sleeping with his eyes opened. Oloriburuku Oloshi somebody.

He wants to take on Akume and Ortom at the same time, e be like say somebody don mix alcohol with holy water. He will soon be nakked on the streets like his old predecessor Rev Fr Moses Adasu who used the title and the church to deceive the people and looted the poor state
Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by EdiskyHarry: 6:34am On Apr 27
Focus on your path and stop listening to side talks

5 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by tojahh(m): 6:46am On Apr 27
Father-Giovernor... You talk to much.

Show working!
Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Dpharisee: 6:59am On Apr 27
Fada no dey share money again for Benue, the bitterness against this Priest no be small by political jobbers in that state

12 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Jii95: 7:06am On Apr 27
WorldRichest:
He is MAD. He be like say he wants to copy Rivers State model. He wants to start sleeping with his eyes opened. Oloriburuku Oloshi somebody.

He wants to take on Akume and Ortom at the same time, e be like say somebody don mix alcohol with holy water. He will soon be nakked on the streets like his old predecessor Rev Fr Moses Adasu who used the title and the church to deceive the people and looted the poor state
I never knew you are this unreasonable. Fact-check and see, this man has performed in less than 1 year, what the immediate past Governor could not do in 8 years.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Lanre1st(m): 7:09am On Apr 27
POWER!!! It goes beyond merry talk

When most of these clergyman/pastor are criticising government, I dey always laugh 😂 because power is not as simple as they assumed.

Alia has use almost a year as governor, what has he achieved or done than fighting the stakeholders and past governors. The way I'm seeing things he may not go beyond 1 term if he even finish it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Yankee101: 7:15am On Apr 27
George Akume and co beware
Let the guy work abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Lanre1st(m): 7:16am On Apr 27
Jii95:

I never knew you are this unreasonable. Fact-check and see, this man has performed in less than 1 year, what the immediate past Governor could not do in 8 years.

What are his achievements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by DanAugust2021: 7:22am On Apr 27
benuejosh:
When they can't deliver they start complaining and holding hands on things that don't have value. As a sitting governor that has powers over former governors? Just an excuse not to perform.
You've been spotted. I had said it earlier on a different topic while discussing with you that, sharing of money is not allowed in Fr Alia's administration. I heard you stakeholders are preparing Byuan as Fr Alia's replacement for second term. When time reach, una go know say Benue state masses no be fools.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by DanAugust2021: 7:32am On Apr 27
Jii95:

Don't mind all of these busy- body dem. Most of them are the so called "stakeholders" that are not happy because, it's no longer business as usual, i.e sharing of money. Imagine Ortom, who boasted that he has finally retired Akume politically, now saying good about Akume. Politics is indeed dirty.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Oyikoha(m): 7:34am On Apr 27
No distractions to the working father……
We are happy in this administration

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by 99thEnemy(m): 7:46am On Apr 27
Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by 99thEnemy(m): 7:49am On Apr 27
joebeckz:
Hmmm!
Second tenure will be a tough race for the governor especially that he stopped the sharing of money to politicians in the state and has blocked almost all channels for theft.
They will fight back.
I disagree with the 2nd term being a tough race for him.

From the way things are going here, people are happy.

It’s not the politicians and their stooges that will turn out in mass to vote but the ordinary masses.

Rigging will not happen.
Even Ortom the past governor could not rig during the last election while in power.
He lost in all Local governments in his Zone (Zone B) including his in his bid for the senate.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Oyikoha(m): 7:52am On Apr 27
Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by Deogratiasfx: 7:54am On Apr 27
joebeckz:
Hmmm!
They will fight back.

That is exactly the reason why the elites are so excited when they see high numbers of gullible people. It makes it easy for them to continue with a bad but money sharing leader and dethrone a good and working leaders; whose only crime is that they don't share the money amongst themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by 99thEnemy(m): 7:56am On Apr 27
benuejosh:
Show me a past governor of Benue who has ever shown so much promise by action in Benue since 1999 more than the current ?

Show me any misconduct or misappropriation by this current administration?

Akume and Ortom should rest abeg.
Benue is amongst the top 3 most underdeveloped states in Nigeria yet some set of people and their followers are still against it’s development.

Shame no the catch una when una go other states?

7 Likes

Re: Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration by 99thEnemy(m): 8:02am On Apr 27
WorldRichest:

Do you even know what Fr Adasu achieved in his administration which was just approximately about 1 and a half year?

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! / Aro Meta For Nigeria. . . . . .YORUBA And Others! / Ohanaeze, Arewa Leaders Meet In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.