Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions (38613 Views)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Two Fuel Tankers Collide In Benue State. 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Earthquakes: 11:47am On Apr 27
Proudlyngwa:

So what have you contributed to Nigeria manufacturing wise

With the electricy you have provided and loan your dad gave me abi?
If fortune 500 companies are leaving Nigeria who are you small scale/Sme to boom??
Because of the type of news like "people roasted" I left to where human lives are appreciated so I don't die for government or human error.
Like I said, India changed my life not Nigeria so I own Nigeria no allegiance apart from birth place.

1 Like

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Orch1981: 11:50am On Apr 27
Earthquakes:

What do you want me say, Nigerians always think that India is poor and wretched without knowing that electricity doesn’t go off in India and they literally manufacture almost EVERYTHING they use.
Sincerely as a Nigerian i have benefited from India more than I can ever benefit from Nigeria.
People too funny for Nigeria I swear so people still thinking Nigeria is a country very funny I swear hahahahaha
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by SenatorCharles1: 11:51am On Apr 27
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Sleekfingers: 11:57am On Apr 27
EKONGKING:
Why do we not hear these type of accidents in other African countries.

Why only in Nigeria these happen monthly

Because those that suppose to do the necessary are not doing it. For example, who are those checking those tankers for road worthiness? Are they doing their jobs.
. Are those tankers drivers properly trained to drive such trucks?
It said, that most of those drivers are also under the influence of alcohol, drugs and other stimulant that could affect their driving .
Are the roads pothole free?
Are they suppose to be driving petrol laden truck ,during the day ?

There are lots of questions begging for answers.....
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by ppogba: 12:02pm On Apr 27
EKONGKING:

It happens elsewhere.

BBC Africa live will tell you.

1 Like

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Orch1981: 12:04pm On Apr 27
ppogba:

It happens elsewhere.

BBC Africa live will tell you.
Elsewhere is where?
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Jonjam269: 12:14pm On Apr 27
petertamtam6:
Wike needs blood to maintain seniority in rivers state
Your serial party defector and Agulu fraudster also needs blood of those killed in South East to maintain his phantom presidential ambition?
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Orch1981: 12:17pm On Apr 27
Jonjam269:

Your serial party defector and Agulu fraudster also needs blood of those killed in South East to maintain his phantom presidential ambition?
You are not wise at all how do you know his obidient ?
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by tete7000(m): 12:20pm On Apr 27
vowiski:

Why do we always have news of tanker explosion in Nigeria?

I have checked other western nations extensively, and I can't find this reoccurring menace.

When something happens once, you can overlook, but when it becomes consistent with loss of lives, one has to very critical.

One thing I know, we pay zero attention to safety in Nigeria. These tankers are carrying very volatile products and should be subject to routine checks.

How are these tankers built? Are there compartments inside tankers to reduce volatility? Do drivers undergo routine checks for leaks or cracks?

Tankers are high risk vehicles, and should be subjected to very very strict regulations before they hit the road.

my 2 cent sha.

You should ask what has happened to our pipelines that tankers become the only means of conveying petroleum products? Our people vandalised everything and put everyone in danger of coming into contact with tankers everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by peterboro: 12:28pm On Apr 27
Evil people we have as government.

NOW YOU WILL SEE HOW THEY WILL NOW WANT TO FIX THE ROAD.

Very useless country!
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by cococandy(f): 12:33pm On Apr 27
So for as long as our country has been dealing with oil we can’t find a way to transport it safely? Why must this continue to happen? I’m so sickened.

2 Likes

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by ufuosman(m): 12:33pm On Apr 27
This is sad
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Aleem26(m): 12:34pm On Apr 27
Tapout:

There's almost always heavy traffic at that eleme axis, so it's possible.

That my everyday path so it’s not upto I saw Fubara and Tunji Disu there this morning
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by GreatOchuks: 12:35pm On Apr 27
I don't know why our Road Construction Companies chose to work only in day time instead of in the night .
I'm sure it was the construction that caused the gridlock in the first place , I blame the road construction contractors and the State govt , if they were working more at night , the traffic jam wouldn't be there for so many vehicles to be ignited .

May the souls of the departed rest in Peace and may we not struggle to purchase what will hold us trapped in danger
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by donbenie(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27
EKONGKING:

You think those from other African countries will hear this type of accidents from Nigeria?
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by DJInfluence: 12:42pm On Apr 27
Sane country would've declared a national emergency or mourning day but us. Why you may ask, because we are so used to death, killing, murder and anything bad. Where's the president?
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by theamazonguru(m): 12:42pm On Apr 27
Aleem26:
Nawa ooo….not upto 100
You are funny.
How can you say this.
This road is my normal route to work
God saved me yesterday as I didn't step out.
I have the video.
If you see it, you will even say it's over 200 vehicles.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMgUexfH/
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Tom1960: 12:44pm On Apr 27
It's unfortunate! I counted 70 cars and 3 dead bodies. May their souls rest in peace. FRSC should be organizing regular training and retraining for all road users to minimize incidents like this in the future . Truck and tanker drivers should know that their relatives may be affected by their reckless driving.
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Nyanabo(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27
vowiski:

Why do we always have news of tanker explosion in Nigeria?

I have checked other western nations extensively, and I can't find this reoccurring menace.

When something happens once, you can overlook, but when it becomes consistent with loss of lives, one has to very critical.

One thing I know, we pay zero attention to safety in Nigeria. These tankers are carrying very volatile products and should be subject to routine checks.

How are these tankers built? Are there compartments inside tankers to reduce volatility? Do drivers undergo routine checks for leaks or cracks?

Tankers are high risk vehicles, and should be subjected to very very strict regulations before they hit the road.

my 2 cent sha.

Your 2cents is worth 10billion of whatever currency is highest in the world.

Yes tankers are supposed to have at least 3 or 4 compartments so as to reduce volatility just as you pointed out. But yiubsee here in Nigeria anything goes. In fact most of these tankers are being fabricated by road side welders. And they are not subjected to quarterly checks.

I don't know which agency is suppose to be responsible for all these checks and if they are even doing their jobs, but they need to do more.
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Ijaya123: 12:56pm On Apr 27
EKONGKING:

That's because they don't celebrate bad news in their countries like you do here.
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Emmariks(m): 12:58pm On Apr 27
My friend was at the junction last night waiting to board a bus going towards Refinery junction. She got there and saw that a tanker had fallen and drivers were stranded, she turned back. She was on her way back to PH when she heard the news of fire outbreak. She couldn't stop thanking God for her life since yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Orch1981: 12:58pm On Apr 27
donbenie:
You think those from other African countries will hear this type of accidents from Nigeria?
Oga na only for Nigeria that rubbish dey happen in order African countries trailers don't drive in the day time if you don't know go ask
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by NOwazobia: 12:58pm On Apr 27
E be like bad news kon many pass good news for this country oooo embarassed
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by ufotunang: 1:06pm On Apr 27
Aleem26:
Nawa ooo….not upto 100
..so you are praying for it to reach 100 abi? 🙄
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by dikings(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27
Offpoint1:
This has become yearly occurrences in Nigeria, what's the solution?
Simple, Restrict those vehicles to Ply Roads only in the midnight. Once its 5:am You park till 11pm next day you continue again.
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by managemoney(m): 1:11pm On Apr 27
Everyday, similar news.... Ha!!

Meanwhile, checkout all available job vacancies across Nigeria that you could apply for using the link in my signature 👇

1 Like

Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by sulaak(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27
EKONGKING:

The majority of Nigerian vehicles and drivers should not be on the road.
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Gerrard59(m): 1:13pm On Apr 27
cutecommend post=129660424[b:
]Some accidents may be ritual sacrifices in disguise[/b], but people may say it is caused by carelessness or over-speeding.. When satan wants to do evil, he sometimes masks it a normal reason, but the cause may be deeper.

Repent today and follow Jesus today while still you may. In eternity, it is only Jesus that leads the way to heaven; believe it or not. Repent from sin and accept Jesus today.

How come such doesn't exists in neighbouring African countries like Benin and Togo? Don't they do juju too? Sometimes, you religious nutjobs reason through your armpits! angry
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Aleem26(m): 1:17pm On Apr 27
theamazonguru:

You are funny.
How can you say this.
This oad is my normal route to work
God saves me yesterday as I didn't step out.
I have the video.
If you see it, you will even say it's over 200 vehicles.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMMgUexfH/

I don’t have the video but I passed there early this morning confirmed fubara and Disu there…u passed there everyday and your home yesterday and today
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Aleem26(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27
ufotunang:
..so you are praying for it to reach 100 abi? 🙄

I still even deh church wey I deh do the prayer sef come join me na
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by donbenie(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27
Orch1981:

Oga na only for Nigeria that rubbish dey happen in order African countries trailers don't drive in the day time if you don't know go ask
Ogbeni, you know next to nothing about the going ons in other African countries..

You are not interested and therefore such news aggregates will never be a priority in your timeline..

And don't tell me about what can or cannot happen in some African sh1thole..
Re: Many People & 100 Vehicles Burnt In Eleme, Rivers Fuel Tankers Explosions by Abagworo(m): 1:23pm On Apr 27
Earthquakes:
Nigeria is a death trap, you wake up in the morning dead then fight through the day to stay alive.

As common as India, trucks don’t enter the road until 9pm to 5am. With this the chances of killing people reduces at least.
RIP to the deads who were going about their normal businesses.

The incident happened around 9.30 pm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17 Passengers Crushed To Death As AKTC Bus Summersaults (Graphic Pics) / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS / A Tall Nigerian Man And His Chinese Colleagues Strike A Pose (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.