Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex (48913 Views)

When Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / When Your Boyfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex by SlavaUkraini: 11:28am On Apr 29
MOGPman:

I could easily petition you in the spiritual court for all your accusations against me so far; but I will pardon your childishness!

Petition yourself

Mr..... Holier than thou

You don't know your way around the Spiritual courts of Heaven more than me.

I know the Judge that sits on the Throne of Grace

and he is not Judgemental and Hypocritical like you and your kind...

So Petition yourself first...
Re: This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex by Interesting15: 1:00pm On Apr 29
ukaface:

Good day sir
I have a question

If all have been redeemed to Christ from birth, how come we all still have the mind to sin?
I thought if one is redeemed of Christ, the nature of sin gets uprooted right? But why do people still sin?

And why can’t we have to holyspirit from birth to conquer sin? Why does God allow devil to win all the time? Why can’t God just kill Devil for crying out loud? He created devil, he might as well kill him so that everyone can enjoy heavenly things.

Please I need answers, explain to me like a baby so that I can understand this religion. Thank you sir.

Hello. I've already typed your answers, as I want others to learn too.

But I discovered the answer is very long. So, what I will do is to post a short version of only the first part of your questions here. If you need the longer version, as well as answers to the other parts, just contact me privately.

A SHORT ANSWER TO THE FIRST PART OF YOUR QUESTIONS

First, I'm trying to get your context of "been redeemed to Christ from birth" (I'm guessing you are referring to child baptism if you are Catholic, or generally how a clergy prays over a child and commits them to Jesus).

Actually, every one of us from childbirth was born into sin, which was part of the implications of the Fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden. ‭

Psalms 51:5 NKJV‬

[5] Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me.

You can also see Romans 3:23

Hence, every one of us must, at a point in life, intentionally decide to embrace the new life in Christ Jesus by accepting Him as Lord and Savior (which is spiritual rebirth). You are to make the confessions yourself.

Now, as a human, you have a spirit, soul, and body. Your spirit (which is your real self) is what receives eternal life. The weight of the eternal life received is strong enough to crush the nature of sin in your spirit.

However, while your spirit is born again, your body and soul are not. The wrong and sinful things you are used to before becoming born again will not just automatically be erased from your mind (which is a compartment of your soul) nor will your body suddenly stop craving those bad things.

You are the one who must partner with the Holy Spirit in your spirit to bring your soul and body into the same sanctified level as your spirit (this doesn't happen overnight, and it's something every believer must keep doing till we die).

So, actually, when you give your life to Christ genuinely, the nature of sin is dealt with - but all of these occur in your spirit. It is natural for your body and soul to still have cravings. Hence, what scripture says to do is that we should keep:

1. renewing our minds (to disciple your soul to detach itself from anything sinful, and the sinful course of this sinful age).

This is done by constantly interacting with God's word (as you study and meditate on scriptures) and experiencing Holy Ghost encounters (having personal encounters with Him in the place of prayer, worship, in congregational fellowships, etc)

The word of God cleanses us (Ephesians 5:26). Also, Paul had a powerful encounter with Jesus, and instantly, he lost his appetite for sin (Acts 9)

So, we must commit ourselves to all that will help us keep renewing our minds, and being transformed every day into the very image of Christ.

Romans 12:2 NKJV‬
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

2. Keep taming or killing the flesh.

Let's see the flesh as the residue of the nature of sin still attached to your body (and soul). We must commit ourselves, all the days of our lives, to keep taming and killing the fleshy desires attached to our imperfect bodies.

How do you do this?

A. Offering your body as a living sacrifice

Romans 12:1 ‬
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

All your attempts to turn away from anything sinful (particularly when tempted) just because you want to please God, all ascend unto Him as sweet-smelling offerings. Your body is a living sacrifice as you continually retain the consciousness (and you take aligning actions) that your body is God's temple and can't be used for anything dirty, but to only please the LORD.

B. Living Circumspectly

Ephesians 5:15‬
[15] See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,

How do you walk as wise?
By continually avoiding any person who can bring you into temptation.
By continually avoiding things that can trigger your flesh to want to sin
By continually avoiding places and situations where it is impossible to not do something wrong.

In conclusion, the issue of sin is an age-long problem that will eventually come to an end at God's appointed time. However, God has given us all we need to live above self, sin, satan, and anything else negative. God has played His part, and we too must partner with Him by being purposeful in living rightly above self, sin, satan, death, etc.
Re: This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex by Franking: 2:04pm On Apr 29
MOGPman:

Father please forgive this pathetic soul, for he does not know you, neither has he seen your light as the WORD that was in the beginning of creation!

You remain the WORD of God as the foundation of creation and Architect of the entire universe, and you have no rival in heaven, on earth and beneath the earth!

May your name alone be glorified; even in the midst of warfare, I will exalt your name forever for bearing your seal of ordination!!!

You are one of the most gullible blokes ever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention / Apostle Suleman Escapes Assassination Attempt By Hired Armed Men Along Auchi Rd / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.