Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I (21857 Views)

FG May Borrow Loans From China, Turkey, Portugal To Complete Railway Projects / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others / FG Dumps Plastic I.D Card For Digital Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by mctech(m): 11:41am On Apr 29
Better! Railway require complex management and maintenance which is not obtainable with the FG.

This is why our rail system is comatose, except in Lagos which is a state whose efficiency the FG needs to study.

Besides, the road project is far cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by SmartyPants(m): 11:44am On Apr 29
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by TheBillyonaire: 11:44am On Apr 29
Noise makers everywhere. Coastal Road is a new project. It does not stop previous projects.

4 Likes

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by SmartyPants(m): 11:45am On Apr 29
SoNature:
Leadership in Nigeria lacks consistency. I don't like Buhari, but I like that he continued the projects that Goodluck Jonathan was working on, thus saving Nigeria billions of dollars. Every country needs consistent leadership.

This project was never started so what is there to continue?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by ufotunang: 11:46am On Apr 29
The same way the 2.6 trn naira coastal road project will be dumped...do government ever complete a project that will take many years to complete the project

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Lavor234: 11:47am On Apr 29
Railway from Calabar to Lagos would have been more inexpensive and more valuable because of the haulage and cargoes. roads cost more in time money and even in terms of life. More people die of road accidents than that of a railway.
Kai..can we survive this regime?

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Autobot05: 11:47am On Apr 29
Facts
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by U09ce: 11:50am On Apr 29
The coastal railway is expected to gulp at least $15 billion not 2.6 trillion
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Haaland21: 11:52am On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:
The funny is some fools here are coming to support their Tinubu and APC

They’ve always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

Keep crying.....
Bitter souls wishing the President evil.

Nothing for you except wailing, which you are good at.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Winning123: 11:54am On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:
The funny is some fools here are coming to support their Tinubu and APC

They’ve always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

You and your other fellow fools with all your propagenda against Lagos - Calabar coastal road would not work.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by TableLeg(m): 11:58am On Apr 29
Anything for Chagoury and his gang!

Una think say nah charity when he dey blow money for France to keep your fraudulent president alive? Lol

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Skyehigher1: 11:59am On Apr 29
It means that there is fraud in 16 trillion naira project meanwhile 2.6 trillion naira for lagos to calabar coaster road 10 lanes and rail in the middle is very cheap than that unneccessary 16 trillion from year 2000 but they refuse to finish it yet i think every president should start the project that will complete
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by frog12: 12:01pm On Apr 29
too MANY railway projects initiated by BUHARI.

so the $1.9 billion Kano-Maradi Railway project dey go too ?
no wonder ATIKU don dey complain ! grin shocked
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by frog12: 12:04pm On Apr 29
imaging spending $11.17 billion on a railway project shocked shocked shocked
these people are MAD !
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Okoroawusa: 12:07pm On Apr 29
I no understand wetin dey vex people for this Lagos -Calabar Road.
The same people were crying when PMB started the railways now the railways are their new best friend.... Ndi uchu!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by santaclaws: 12:11pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:
The funny thing is some fools here are coming to support their Tinubu and APC

They’re always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

What's stopping Igbos from leaving? Talk to your politicians, let them vote for a secession, pack your loads and go... Life is easy.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by abobote: 12:13pm On Apr 29
D4gmail1:
In my opinion railway is only efficient when there is constant power supply.
Seriously, it does not have engine?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by rinzaugustine: 12:17pm On Apr 29
Backward thinking fools some people say is their messaih shows you common sense is not common
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:24pm On Apr 29
Have you seen Hail-anus today?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Moroccoguy: 12:24pm On Apr 29
They should focus on the one that is visible to achieve. Just calling trillion like 🥶🥶🥶
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by jaxxy(m): 12:27pm On Apr 29
No transparency or proper discussions on these projects.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Elsueno: 12:29pm On Apr 29
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by EmeeNaka: 12:31pm On Apr 29
That is what Peter Obi said. The terrorist APC scavengers deserve to be cleaned off this country.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Christistruth00: 12:32pm On Apr 29
That Kano Maradi Railway definitely needed dumping
Let Trucks and Buses ply that route for now
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by professorPABX: 12:34pm On Apr 29
Lavor234:
Railway from Calabar to Lagos would have been more inexpensive and more valuable because of the haulage and cargoes. roads cost more in time money and even in terms of life. More people die of road accidents than that of a railway.
Kai..can we survive this regime?

Railway from Lagos to Ibadan is done by Buhari. Reconstruction of Lagos to Ibadan expressway done by Buhari. The importance of the railway line is just 3%. The road is 97%. The railway is almost non existence to most people in South West.

The same would be applicable to Lagos Calabar Railway project. The cost reviewed by Jonathan and later Buhari is still high. The Rate of Return on investment is very low on such railway line and payback period almost very long or non existence.

One important point the IBOS intentionally covered up on the Lagos Calabar Coastal Highway Project is the fact that FG's commitment is only 15% of the total cost. The remaining 85% would be sourced by the investor. If CHINA gives you 50% grant on railway project, just know that the cost is already inflated by 100%.

Propaganda cannot stop this project because of the huge economic potential it holds. The Coastal areas need to be linked together for explosion of economic potentials. For Jonathan to have considered the railway project and Buhari also reviewed it shows the potentials inherent in it. Road Projects open up access to limitless possibilities. That is why they are crying and wailing. The project is moving ahead. Propaganda on Nairaland cannot stop it.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Mervingreat: 12:36pm On Apr 29
Pls why are all these unecessary propaganda against this project?

So simply it involved the South now make it a war but when Buhari wasted billions for railway to Niger Republic no one stopped him his people were shouting rakadede. Can the North swear by Qoran and Ayelala if this Calabar Lagos road in question is to be from Kano to Borno or to Niger Republic they will stand against it? Hell No and some misguided people from the South joining force with Atiku evil gang against this project but same Atiku and his gang saw nothing wrong in Buhari Niger Republic railway link with our tax.

South wake up.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Curious345: 12:39pm On Apr 29
I commend Tinubu for this
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by jamjo: 12:42pm On Apr 29
Islie:
FG dumps N16 trillion railway projects for N2.6trn Lagos-Calabar coastal road —Investigation

•Affected property owners seek adequate compensation as demolition begins

•We will commence payment of compensation from Wednesday —Umahi

https://tribuneonlineng.com/fg-dumps-n16-trillion-railway-projects-for-n2-6trn-lagos-calabar-coastal-road-investigation/

The project they are using to develop the West is just that the two other regions' SS/SE leaders have refused to learn. The project will stop in Ondo State and they will say no money. The West has the Lagos-Ibadan SGR, and the Lagos-Ibadan highway, and now it will be Lagos-Ondo all paid by the federal government. SS/SE leaders should use their tongues and count their teeth.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by DatNiggaDaz: 12:44pm On Apr 29
grin grin

The Lagos-Calabar coastal railway needed $11.17 billion for its completion, but has been stalled due to paucity of funds. Now, we are expending N2.6 trillion on a road along same axis. Between a road and rail connection, which one is better for economic development? Of course, it’s the rail construction.

Builder of Lagoon no get sense at all
grin grin
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Image123(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:
The funny thing is some fools here are coming to support their Tinubu and APC

They’re always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

Without even reading through, common sense shows that 2.6trillion is smaller than 16trillion. If you claim you don't have money, will you hang on to doing a 16T project or a 2.6T project? Opposition should be with sense.
Secondly, the train project is mainly in a different ministry, ministry of transport. Roads is under ministry of works. They have different ministers. We had a super active minister in Amaechi for ministry of transport, probably why he drove more progress there. He was probably the best minister in the last government.
Also, funding can be a main issue. The road project will have a lot of private funding support.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Timetravel88: 1:04pm On Apr 29
D4gmail1:
In my opinion railway is only efficient when there is constant power supply.

Are you saying trains are powered by electricity alone?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by anytexy: 1:04pm On Apr 29
Peter Obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alleged Oil Theft: EFCC Arraigns 12 Persons And Vessel (pic) / We Will Not Allow Buhari To Be Disgraced – Dogara / Only God Can Punish Corrupt PDP Members – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.