Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I (21867 Views)

FG May Borrow Loans From China, Turkey, Portugal To Complete Railway Projects / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others / FG Dumps Plastic I.D Card For Digital Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Timetravel88: 1:06pm On Apr 29
Image123:

Without even reading through, common sense shows that 2.6trillion is smaller than 16trillion. If you claim you don't have money, will you hang on to doing a 16T project or a 2.6T project? Opposition should be with sense.
Secondly, the train project is mainly in a different ministry, ministry of transport. Roads is under ministry of works. They have different ministers. We had a super active minister in Amaechi for ministry of transport, probably why he drove more progress there. He was probably the best minister in the last government.
Also, funding can be a main issue. The road project will have a lot of private funding support.

2.6T is for a small section of the road project. The entirety of the so called Lagos to Calabar road project will cost 18T to 25T naira, if it’s ever completed in our lifetime.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Image123(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29
Timetravel88:

2.6T is for a small section of the road project. The entirety of the so called Lagos to Calabar road project will cost 18T to 25T naira, if it’s ever completed in our lifetime.

Good. 2.6T remains smaller than 16T, 18T or 25T.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by PointZerom: 1:30pm On Apr 29
D4gmail1:
In my opinion railway is only efficient when there is constant power supply.

The reason it was dumped is that there's nothing to loot from the project hence they dumped it and approve the ones they'll loot from.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Tareq1105: 1:32pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:
The funny thing is some fools here are coming to support their Tinubu and APC

They’re always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

You can believe anything negative about APC bcoz of your hatred.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:42pm On Apr 29
igbo man loves money than his own brother. HOW CAN THIS PROJECT BE USEFUL TO NIGERIANS,IT IS SO BAFFLING.
IMAGINE LAGOS TO OFOSU TO BENIN TRAVEL WAYS IN TERRIBLE CONDITION,YET YOU PPL ARE TALKING OF BUILDING BRIDGE ON WATER TO CALABAR. angry

2 Likes

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Pedro334(m): 1:45pm On Apr 29
a contracted project that was singed by 2 or more parties is now been suspended , is this is true then, what about the money paid and terms and conditions of the supposed contracts, i hereby propose failed contracts tribunal so that heads will roll , am media prosecutor say if any one yan anyhow the person go collect anyhow
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by sunboy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29
Hmm waka pass
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Slypz: 1:56pm On Apr 29
This is why I dislike naija democracy. All that money spent on the rail project so far is all waisted. And trust me the next administration after Tinubu will surely abandon this current road project and it continues like that. Is a complete fault system
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by jahsharon: 2:00pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:

They’re always right and contented till it’s time to divide country they’ll start begging

These terrible names that you are calling your parents, na you know ooooooo. Even if they are what you call them, can't you keep your family secrets?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Fiscus105(m): 2:03pm On Apr 29
professorPABX:

Railway from Lagos to Ibadan is done by Buhari. Reconstruction of Lagos to Ibadan expressway done by Buhari. The importance of the railway line is just 3%. The road is 97%. The railway is almost non existence to most people in South West.

The same would be applicable to Lagos Calabar Railway project. The cost reviewed by Jonathan and later Buhari is still high. The Rate of Return on investment is very low on such railway line and payback period almost very long or non existence.

One important point the IBOS intentionally covered up on the Lagos Calabar Coastal Highway Project is the fact that FG's commitment is only 15% of the total cost. The remaining 85% would be sourced by the investor. If CHINA gives you 50% grant on railway project, just know that the cost is already inflated by 100%.

Propaganda cannot stop this project because of the huge economic potential it holds. The Coastal areas need to be linked together for explosion of economic potentials. For Jonathan to have considered the railway project and Buhari also reviewed it shows the potentials inherent in it. Road Projects open up access to limitless possibilities. That is why they are crying and wailing. The project is moving ahead. Propaganda on Nairaland cannot stop it.

And 1 very important point you didn't include.....
Lagos -calabar Coast road would be done by a Nigeria's company, while railway lines are done by Chinese.

They borrowed us money,that we will be paying with huge interest, meanwhile, it's their companies that would executive the projects, .....hence taking away the money they lent, away from our economy almost immediately, why we would be paying the principal with interest for several years to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by DMerciful(m): 2:04pm On Apr 29
What makes you think it will be electric trains?

The Chaguori brothers can't build railway so there is no where to embezzle if its railway
D4gmail1:
In my opinion railway is only efficient when there is constant power supply.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by justmondris: 2:21pm On Apr 29
Rainway is always safer and it's the best option for long travel after Plane. We can easily upgrade the trains to electric ones in the future.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CrossRhodes: 2:26pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:

They are the lovers of nigeria

Every other person hates nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Splashme: 2:30pm On Apr 29
When a thief is your president ...

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CheapHomes1: 2:48pm On Apr 29
I was discussing this with someone some time ago. instead building a new coastal road, kaduna rail line should have been linked to itakpe and itakpe to ibadan. its just simple logic that flies over tinubus head. that would have solved a million and one problems
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by professorPABX: 3:03pm On Apr 29
Fiscus105:

And 1 very important point you not included..... Lagos -calabar Coast road would be done by a Nigeria's company, while railway lines are done by Chinese.

They borrowed us money,that we will be paying with huge interest, meanwhile, it's their companies that would executive the project, .....hence taking away the money they lent away from our economy almost immediately, why we would be paying the principal with interest for several years to come.

Thanks for reminding me that the project is being implemented by Nigerian company. Africa countries - Gambia, Ghana, Tanzania,etc know that Chinese grants is not grant but poverty and lack of technologies give no option. They give you project cost, inflated the cost, give you grant while you look for the rest. The project will be handled by them. You can never compare such project to PPP where FG commitment is only 15% and a Nigerian company.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Forkthiefnubu: 3:07pm On Apr 29
I knew from day one that the overall true interest of the country Nigeria was never the motive for the coastal road , never never ever
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Forkthiefnubu: 3:08pm On Apr 29
CrossRhodes:

They are the lovers of nigeria

Every other person hates nigeria
Yes thats how warped their minds are , same people that was setting off bombs to fight abacha , condemning Nigerian army are now urging them to massacre villages in other tribes , I don’t have any kind of respect for that tribe
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by professorPABX: 3:17pm On Apr 29
CheapHomes1:
I was discussing this with someone some time ago. instead building a new coastal road, kaduna rail line should have been linked to itakpe and itakpe to ibadan. its just simple logic that flies over tinubus head. that would have solved a million and one problems

What will that achieve? When Jonathan and Buhari were considering Coastal Railway project from Lagos to Calabar why didn't they think about Kaduna to Itakpe, Itakpe to Ibadan? Over 14 billion dollars wasted on Ajaokuta Steel, Buhari still paid hundreds of millions of dollars to the last Indian Company.

Thank God, the GA people of Ghana (Accra) recently visited IFE their ancestral home. Lagos to Accra is shorter than Lagos to Abuja. We have coastal link and Seaports along Lagos, Cotonou, Togo and Tema (Ghana). There is the AU funded Dakar to Lagos Highway Project from Dakar, Banjul, Abidjan up to Lagos on the ECOWAS route. The ECCA ( Central Africa body) have projects to Calabar. The development along the coastal line up to Equatorial Guinea must be opened up.

What is the economic benefit of Itakpe railway to Ibadan?

Haba! The Ajaokuta Kaduna Kano Gas pipeline project of Buhari for the Northern development is almost complete. Allow us to settle the debt first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by integrity16(m): 3:18pm On Apr 29
The Calabar coaster road of 2.6Tr is way cheaper than the railway project of 12Tr.

When you look at the corruption index in the country, the 12 Trillion is definitely a hugely padded project by the politicians. Calabar Coastal road is a lesser padded project than the railway project so if they can deliver calabar coastal road, then I'm fine with it.

Calabar project is handled by a local company which would create jobs for Nigerians while the railway project would be handled by a foreign company in China, taking away construction jobs from our economy to theirs and don't forget the railway project is constructed with huge loans from China of which we are still paying with interest.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CheapHomes1: 3:24pm On Apr 29
professorPABX:

What will that achieve? When Jonathan and Buhari were considering Coastal Railway project from Lagos to Calabar why didn't they think about Kaduna to Itakpe, Itakpe to Ibadan? Over 14 billion dollars wasted on Ajaokuta Steel, Buhari still paid hundreds of millions of dollars to the last Indian Company.

Thank God, the GA people of Ghana (Accra) recently visited IFE their ancestral home. Lagos to Accra is shorter than Lagos to Abuja. We have coastal link and Seaports along Lagos, Cotonou, Togo and Tema (Ghana). There is the AU funded Dakar to Lagos Highway Project from Dakar, Banjul, Abidjan up to Lagos on the ECOWAS route. The ECCA ( Central Africa body) have projects to Calabar. The development along the coastal line up to Equatorial Guinea must be opened up.

What is the economic benefit of Itakpe railway to Ibadan?

what is the relationship between ajaokuta and steel and the issue of road or railway? what concerns the discussion with whether ghana people visiting or not visiting their ancestral home? how does coastal seaport concern the topic of discussion? what is the ECCA andd what projects do they have to calabar? how does "The ECCA ( Central Africa body) have projects to Calabar" concern the discussion about road and railway?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CheapHomes1: 3:25pm On Apr 29
integrity16:
The Calabar coaster road of 2.6Tr is way cheaper than the railway project of 12Tr.

When you look at the corruption index in the country, the 12 Trillion is definitely a hugely padded project by the politicians. Calabar Coastal road is a lesser padded project than the railway project so if they can deliver calabar coastal road, then I'm fine with it.

Calabar project is handled by a local company which would create jobs for Nigerians while the railway project would be handled by a foreign company in China, taking away construction jobs from our economy to theirs and don't forget the railway project is constructed with huge loans from China of which we are still paying with interest.

oga, is road project the same cost as railway project on any universe?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CheapHomes1: 3:27pm On Apr 29
Fiscus105:

And 1 very important point you didn't include.....
Lagos -calabar Coast road would be done by a Nigeria's company, while railway lines are done by Chinese.

They borrowed us money,that we will be paying with huge interest, meanwhile, it's their companies that would executive the projects, .....hence taking away the money they lent, away from our economy almost immediately, why we would be paying the principal with interest for several years to come.

is Hi-Tech a Nigerian company?
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by OurNatioNigeria(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29
This Coastal Road Project is a Continental Project that all loving Nigerians must support and see that it is completed. We are getting there.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Aleem26(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29
Umahi will the coastal road fly Eleme east west road axis cos as they are constructing the road now there’s no provision for rail there…make una clear me Abeg if na underground the coastal road go pass through the east east road
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Fiscus105(m): 4:00pm On Apr 29
CheapHomes1:

is Hi-Tech a Nigerian company?

Pls update yaself.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by pepericozi: 4:04pm On Apr 29
There are some federal roads that are not motorable. Instead of fixing those ones, they decided to award new contracts.

Oyingbo people should come back to take control of this country. Nigerians are not riped to rule themselves.

Majority of our leaders are drug addict to the extent that they do know what they are doing.

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by travelzcruix: 4:11pm On Apr 29
See projects, hmm, if wishes were horses.....
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by CheapHomes1: 4:24pm On Apr 29
Fiscus105:

Pls update yaself.

did you read the screenshot you posted? your screenshot says that "Hitech is one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria". CCECC is also one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria. Shell is one of the leading oil companies in Nigeria. Julius Berger is one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria. American International school is one of the leading educational institutions in Nigeria.
Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by grandstar(m): 4:54pm On Apr 29
These ignoramuses wants govt to expend 16tr on a railway that will be underutilized and would never incur enough funds to even cover overheads, how much more the interest payments on them.

The coastal road on the other hand would more than cover its overhead and debt servicing. It would fully recoup its cost and make profit.

Apart from that the strategic location of the road would ensure its heavy usage and bring about transformative change to all the states the road passes through and even neighboring ones. The southeast will be a major beneficiary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by damkin24(m): 5:08pm On Apr 29
AqualinaXYZ:

You don't waste time to always display your foolishness all the time.

1 Like

Re: FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I by Fiscus105(m): 6:12pm On Apr 29
CheapHomes1:

did you read the screenshot you posted? your screenshot says that "Hitech is one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria". CCECC is also one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria. Shell is one of the leading oil companies in Nigeria. Julius Berger is one of the leading construction companies in Nigeria. American International school is one of the leading educational institutions in Nigeria.

You tactically expunged most important in that screenshot, .....that's enough to know ur mind as hypocrite and evil minded.

The most important is, it has headquarters in Lagos and branches in other states within Nigeria.

What does that means? The alpha and Omega of the finance of the company is in Nigeria.

Let say, it's even a Chinese that owns it, it's still far far better than company owns by Nigerian that bases in china.(Nevertheless, HITECH owns by a Nigerian)

When the headquarters of company resides in a particular geo-location, 90% of benefits going to that community.

That's why US economy is booming stronger, because of Google, Whatsapp, Facebook etc in US.[b][/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FRSC Officials To Carry Arms / PDP Lawyer Speaks After The Presidential Election Tribunal Sitting In Abuja / FG Eases Lockdown In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.