Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? (20224 Views)

Hardship In Nigeria: 35k Salary Earners, How Are You Surviving? / Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month? / Lockdown: Salary Earners Will Also Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by IAmHim1: 11:36pm On Apr 29
You think everyone knows what an asset really is

Asset is anything business or product or service that puts money in your pocket

While liability is what takes money away from your pockets

People save to buy iphone and PS5 just because of peer pressure... nothing else

What of those that save to buy car when public transport can easily fix them to and fro all their destinations

Rest. You need it to be more amazed

atutupoyoyo2211:
It amazes me when people talk like this. You have to save to be able to buy any asset.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by NwaliE01: 11:38pm On Apr 29
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=129692229][/quote]

This cracked me up.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by babzlim(m): 11:38pm On Apr 29
am sure if this was any other party that isn't APC that is in power, transport would have shutdown and every activity in lagos would have been grounded by now.

I just pity every salary earner and s.m.es.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Vischy: 12:03am On Apr 30
Thanos5555:
2.8 million naira since Jan.

Am a AU scholarship student collecting approx #800k per month, alll accommodation and transport paid for, free feeding.

Just studying only

How can l apply boss🙏🙏🙏
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by mediclife1987(m): 12:33am On Apr 30
Savedday2:
Me, am busy saving the little money am making from 9ja girls at the same time scattering their kpekus.

The thing dey sweet. I thank God for giving me this wisdom.

No thing sweet reach say girls dey collect money from SIMP dey give you.

Maybe na village you dey. Come Lagos come collect money from woman make I see.

If Lagos babe give you money make I bend
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by mediclife1987(m): 12:44am On Apr 30
Yeancahmie007:
I believe i'm not part of this discussion.i came to be oppressed. I earn 30k monthly. How i wan take save? If you don save enough, ask for my aza.

Come make I dey comb your anus for you with my penis.

No mind anybody wey wan shame you, this life na survival of the fittest man.

Come lemme fvck you bro, I'll employ you and be paying you a 100k/month, while you satisfy my sexual urges. You won't get this offer anywhere else, as na only one hole you get for body wink

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by odimbannamdi(m): 12:52am On Apr 30
IAmHim1:
You think everyone knows what an asset really is

Asset is anything business or product or service that puts money in your pocket

While liability is what takes money away from your pockets

People save to buy iphone and PS5 just because of peer pressure... nothing else

What of those that save to buy car when public transport can easily fix them to and fro all their destinations

Rest. You need it to be more amazed

Regarding the emboldened;

Don't make it sound like buying a car is vain or wasteful. Owning a car now is no longer luxury, but a necessity, especially if you have a family.

The convenience of moving with a car can help retain your sanity in a place like Lagos and also increase your mental wellbeing and productivity, all of which will increase your earning potential.

It can also save you comparable transport costs if you moving with your family. Finally, it can also become an avenue to earn a side income through occasional e-hailing.

Don't discourage people from buying a car. It is beyond just a means of transport
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Maryam070682557(f): 1:04am On Apr 30
I'm not a salary earner but I doubt this class of people can save something meaningful currently in Nigeria...

Like I usually tease my customers "if your salary is not upto 1M monthly"forget about saving.

The type that can save are those ones augmenting with small business

Let's forget the salary mentality and earn daily grin

Na business sure pass

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by chaiks: 1:33am On Apr 30
10200 USD so far
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by darealabi: 2:38am On Apr 30
I don save #5.2m
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Ibukune(m): 2:45am On Apr 30
800 pounds times 4, just 3200 pounds
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by babamoha(m): 2:55am On Apr 30
Am so sorry i am not supposed to be here
Cause here na for people wey dey work not for intending workers.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by CandidAdmin(m): 3:08am On Apr 30
darealabi:
I don save #5.2m

You registered in 2007 and ever since, you remember and forget Nairaland from time to time. 2007, 2015, 2018 and now 2024. Wetin sup uncle? Abi you have another account?

Anyways, please abeg, help me with anything uncle.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by IAmHim1: 3:18am On Apr 30
Yes you have a great point

I only considered single individuals with proximity to most of their destinations
odimbannamdi:

Regarding the emboldened;

Don't make it sound like buying a car is vain or wasteful. Owning a car now is no longer luxury, but a necessity, especially if you have a family.

The convenience of moving with a car can help retain your sanity in a place like Lagos and also increase your mental wellbeing and productivity, all of which will increase your earning potential.

It can also save you comparable transport costs if you moving with your family. Finally, it can also become an avenue to earn a side income through occasional e-hailing.

Don't discourage people from buying a car. It is beyond just a means of transport
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by DLioness(f): 3:20am On Apr 30
Lanre1st:

What’s your source of Income, and how much per month?
. I'm a lawyer, private practice.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by steeltrust: 3:27am On Apr 30
Since I started work
I’ve saved 8000$
And it just April
Before the year end I hope I get to 20,000$ or more

I’ll do give away soon on nairaland to appreciate in my little way
Watin nairaland don do for me I no fit talk

And also God bless my wife
If not for she me too for no fit save that kind money

My grandma will say
The kind of woman you marry will determine if you will leave long or die early
Make the right choice
Everything no be fine face with big nyansh and breast

2 Likes

Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by karkinase(m): 4:23am On Apr 30
CodeTemplar:
First quarter ended on March 31.
I tire for this OP oo
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by ibechris(m): 4:40am On Apr 30
highness25:
If you don't save, how will you invest?

That is why we differ on money matters.

I don't save I rather invest it straight ahead even the minimal.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:44am On Apr 30
Tokskob2008:
Where will the savings come from when going close to two months now no salary... March salary postponed till the second week of April and now it's almost April ending yet nothing. I'm 99% sure April salary won't be paid at all.

Nawaoo
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Mrjonah(m): 5:25am On Apr 30
Nothing oooo God abeg help me
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:25am On Apr 30
RenaissanceGuy:
A person bearing queengee talking about "wife". When did Nigeria legalize same sex marriage??

grin

1 Like

Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by piriton: 5:38am On Apr 30
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Tokskob2008: 5:43am On Apr 30
Paramount01:

Are you a private school teacher?
Yes
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by HRMK: 5:45am On Apr 30
its still a quarter of the year!not many could save that much in first 3months of the year!especially married couples with kids and relations to take care of!!
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by BabaDelta1: 5:45am On Apr 30
20,000 dollars or more saved from January till date (4 months). Spent 14,000 dollars on tuition balance, household stuff, professional courses, charity etc. Remaining savings as at April 29, 2024 is 6,000 dollars.

Praying and hoping it gets better.
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by epadomo(m): 6:35am On Apr 30
Hello guys,
Am an insurance provider, offers various policies like Children Educational Plans, Investment Plans,Retirement Plans,Comprehensive Insurance, Fire& Burglary, Marine Insurance etc.

E- mail; temifirst2015@gmail.com
@AiicoInsurancePlc
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Vulcan24(m): 7:10am On Apr 30
For a currency that keeps loosing values!? U might make money and have a fat deposit but why would I keep the money when I have lots of things to do?

450 is a money I can make in 1day.

I sell brand new cars, 2023/24 models only: Landcruiser, Lexus, Hilux, Hilux Adventure, GR Sport, Toyota Granvia, Camry and Corolla
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Oringo1: 7:28am On Apr 30
Queengee:
Quarter of the year is going to end in a day or two from now, and everyone in Nigeria understand the economy hardship Nigerians are going through especially salary earners. Salary earners are going through lots due to high cost of living because salary barely meet up our daily needs.

However, amidst of this economy a lot of people are still doing exploit and still have little saving from their salaries, so we shouldn't be left behind when the year ends with no achievement.

As for me I had manage to save 350k since January this year till this April ending. I earn 250k monthly, and I must tell you with a wife and one child, it had not been easy to save. But saving and making good financial plans is a must no matter the economy.

Feel free to share yours and don't be shy because nairaland is a faceless forum with chances to share your view and personal experiences without criticism because nobody knows you here.

Thanks guys

No savings from my side oooo and no income
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by justlaw(m): 7:31am On Apr 30
Just because you cannot do it, doesn't mean otherwise for others.

It is very possible! Be determined and intentional about it and you will overcome.

Segxydube:

U dey save more than half of ur salary for dis economy? Dats a lie abeg

Una no dey chop?
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by dododawa1: 7:42am On Apr 30
Save

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Salary Earners How Much Have You Saved This Year? by RosyIsBlessed: 7:48am On Apr 30
Tokskob2008:
Where will the savings come from when going close to two months now no salary... March salary postponed till the second week of April and now it's almost April ending yet nothing. I'm 99% sure April salary won't be paid at all.

Where's that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is The Cybersecurity Aspect Of ICT In Nigeria? / Customs To Sack 400 More Officers Or Even More - Vanguard / Gombe Pensioner Returns Salary Mistakenly Paid Into His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.