Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) (36471 Views)

Village Women Gathered To Flog Man Who Beats His Wife (Photos) / Lady Passes Out, As Masquerades Flog Her In The East (Photos) / Masquerades Flog Themselves In Nnewi, Anambra To Mark "Easter Monday" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by ChristineC: 4:35pm On Apr 29
look at the rubbish people were encouraging a while back in this era.
I don't blame them. they'd get to the wrong person soon enough.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Orinechi: 4:35pm On Apr 29
Dennisochampa:

Ogun kee u kee the masquerade..... Why e go whip person pikin like that so tey she fall inside gutter... All of una deh mad
That nurse must be from there. She supposed know the culture. How she go see group of masquerades drive enter them still they surprise me.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Luchyke: 4:35pm On Apr 29
Floging some one who is on a mission to save live. Absolute unfortunate.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by bigiyaro(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29
And someone was saying no difference between Nigeria and UK.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by mysticwarrior(m): 4:37pm On Apr 29
If you are a Nigerian nurse in the UK, US or Canada and you are having any issue with immigration authorities, just show them this video and tell them this is what nurses go through everyday in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by CluelessMODS: 4:38pm On Apr 29
greenermodels:

Exactly, she's not supposed to ride through their their midst, she's actually at fault.
Number one was she one riding the bike? Number two do you know she is un aware that the masquerades were there.
Number three no matter the situation does that justify such barbaric act? Why not stop her and ask her to turn around?
You people will be supporting barbaric attitudes. I wonder if you will spew this rubbish if that lady were to be your sister.

2 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by motionarena: 4:38pm On Apr 29
Orlu13:
look at d foolish men just standing there...try this on my sister and watch how all of u will be killed...foolish idiots

How u wan kill dem
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by rspy: 4:38pm On Apr 29
Colonization was a great thing to happen to Africans, hopeless mumus

3 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Orlu13: 4:39pm On Apr 29
OAFMods:
Na so una go de make foolish mouth. Dem go flog you, your momma n papa join self.

na ur mama and papa dem go flog anuofia

useless idiot from useless parent

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by CluelessMODS: 4:39pm On Apr 29
Orinechi:
That nurse must be from there. She supposed know the culture. How she go see group of masquerades drive enter them still they surprise me.
What if she is not from there or she doesn't know they are on that route?

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Emmanuel30a: 4:39pm On Apr 29
Rapmoney:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELNAb21MJmg

What sort of culture is this? What sort of culture would warrant this type of cruelty to a fellow human?

See the moment masquerades observing a traditional event flogged a Nigerian nurse mercilessly until she fell into a gutter.

Source: WarriParrot
She no die? Omo you no try, if she don't die...
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Dennisochampa: 4:41pm On Apr 29
Orinechi:

Na she ride the Okada??

Abi u no watch the video??

Why masquerade go even block road??

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by OALandAgents: 4:41pm On Apr 29
In fact I noticed after the initial whip the masquerades were not trying to whip her hard again and just followed up with some pretend whips but she thought her life was in danger at that point grin that's why I suspect she is a foreigner encountering this masquerade tradition for the first time.
greenermodels:

Exactly, she's not supposed to ride through their their midst, she's actually at fault.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Greenfaces: 4:41pm On Apr 29
flipdat:
Masquerades in 2024? We are doomed
seriously. They still have such powers as state actors. They can take decisions that even soldiers or police will be accountable for if they acted like them. This is doom

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by guysbewise: 4:41pm On Apr 29
And these masquerades will run away if that was a fulani herdsman on that bike.

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by MrJames007: 4:42pm On Apr 29
Okeytus:
The Okada rider is to be blamed. Must he pass through them?
Na she ride d okada.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by saintdevo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29
The people standing there and watching this nonsense are the most useless people of all time, can't they beat the hell out of the nonsense called masquerade.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by flipdat(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29
CluelessMODS:

Mr man there is nothing wrong with masquerade, it is our culture. Their barbaric attitude is what should be stopped.
This whole culture talk is a bit disingenuous, what’s cultural about chasing people down and beating them up.

1 Like

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by OALandAgents: 4:44pm On Apr 29
She was driving the bike as the owner of the bike
CluelessMODS:

Number one was she one riding the bike? Number two do you know she is un aware that the masquerades were there.
Number three no matter the situation does that justify such barbaric act? Why not stop her and ask her to turn around?
You people will be supporting barbaric attitudes. I wonder if you will spew this rubbish if that lady were to be your sister.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Bfly: 4:46pm On Apr 29
Na she be the only woman there, her faith will save her in the days of judgement.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by fred04(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29
She should obey the tradition first.
In some places,women dare not cross masquerade.
If she wants, she needs to cross in a company of a man.
Tradition is tradition, it's either u obey or u avoid.
To all the warriors thinking about fighting the masquerade, if you touch one masquerade, just know that you have touched all the youth in that village.

2 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by CluelessMODS: 4:49pm On Apr 29
OALandAgents:
She is is a young woman approx age 18-24, not a nurse as she is wearing a white dress that is too short to be a nurses uniform.

She was riding a motorbike (not as a passenger but as a driver) and attempted to drive past a group of 3 or 4 masquerades one of whom whipped her hard and she fell of her bike and ran to a deep gutter as the masquerades continued to prepare to whip her she jumped into the gutter.

I am suspecting that she may be a foreigner unaware of local traditions and was completely caught off guard .
God bless you for this comment.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by CluelessMODS: 4:50pm On Apr 29
OALandAgents:
She was driving the bike as the owner of the bike
Ok fine but does justify what they did to her? And what right does masquerades have to block public road?

3 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by iReddington: 4:50pm On Apr 29
😡 That video was cringe to watch, the nurse fell off a bike and instead of checking on her, you're still flogging her on that bare floor till she fell in gutter, what kind of retards and primitive animals are these, they deserve to be seriously dealt with. An health worker for that matter. 🤦

3 Likes

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by MrJames007: 4:51pm On Apr 29
Dennisochampa:

Na she ride the Okada??

Abi u no watch the video??

Why masquerade go even block road??

Yes
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Myself2(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29
It's a pity that this nonsense still happens in some parts of the country. The day I come across a.useless idiot masquerading as a masqurade and the useless idiot so much as attempts to flog me, I will clear his doubt and if he's lucky enough, he will recover on the hospital bed, if not, he will be buried

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by CluelessMODS: 4:52pm On Apr 29
flipdat:

This whole culture talk is a bit disingenuous, what’s cultural about chasing people down and beating them up.
If you have the ability to comprehend you ought to have understood where I said " their barbaric act should be stopped".
If you didn't get it go back and read properly.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by AfonjaConehead: 4:52pm On Apr 29
They should be arrested and charged for attempted murder....medieval banzas
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Greattha: 4:53pm On Apr 29
This is just barbaric.

Flogging an essential worker?

That masquerade would need a nurse/medical personnel to save his life on his last day but won't find one.

We play too much in Nigeria.
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Papayaayasager(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29
FairlyUSEDpussy:
Lol......

Naso masquerade for flog me too........during my service year back in Enugu Oooo.........

They cornered me already and was bout lashing me............

Twas the gathered villagers dat scream nah kopa!nah kopa!!.......before that let me leave.......

I don't like how you write your words it's stressful to read
Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by SenecaTheYonger: 4:59pm On Apr 29
Orlu13:
look at d foolish men just standing there...try this on my sister and watch how all of u will be killed...foolish idiots

All those masqurades deserve painful and voilent death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) by Kukutenla: 5:00pm On Apr 29
flipdat:
Masquerades in 2024? We are doomed
What's wrong with masquerade
I'm sure you don't have same thoughts towards Halloween

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nigerian Masquerade Entertaining People With A Priest in Europe / History Of The Oyo Empire / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.