Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu (17194 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / El-Rufai & Yahaya Bello Storm Ekiti To Support Fayemi Ahead Of Election / El-rufai, Yahaya Bello And Bindow Dancing 'shaku Shaku' At APC Convention(watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by AnonPoet: 5:04pm On Apr 29
Former Ogun governorship aspirant under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Otunba Segun Showunmi, has cautioned President Bola Tinubu against antagonising members of his party who assisted his election in 2023.

In a statement he issued on Monday, he specifically mentioned former governors Nasir El-Rufai and Yahaya Bello of Kaduna and Kogi, respectively, and what he said has become their fates since leaving office.

Noting that All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftains helped Tinubu to emerge president in the 2023 election, he said they have since been experiencing political travails.

According to him, the two APC chieftains supported him, especially against Atiku Abubakar and Rabiu Kwankwaso from the north in the 2023 election.

Showunmi said: “Upon reflection on the trajectory of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his journey to the presidency, I find my mind wondering if my Yoruba Uncle is still the same person that I have always known and admired.

“You might need to think through this to understand me. The Yorubas already carry misconceptions about betrayal, that we don’t keep our end of the bargain. That we use and dump people. That we are cunning around the power play.

“Except Olusegun Obasanjo who as both in and outside power as military and civilian head of state kept his side of the agreement with his partners who got him into power.”

Showunmi added: “Nasir el-Rufai, say what you will about him, he supported Asiwaju fully during the primaries and the general elections. Pray, how has he been treated? Same el-Rufai now has a security report that humiliated him during a Senate clearance made up of a majority of Tinubu men! What would the world call that but betrayal?

“Now, Yahaya Adoza Bello who practically fought like a madman to give Asiwaju good numbers in Kogi not to talk of how he funded and ran the youth campaign with vigour and energy to the extent that I was so jealous compared to the disorganized charade of my PDP.

“Same Yahaya Bello who superintend over the membership registration of APC that to date I cannot but remember comparing the bliss and pageantry to the joke that my PDP ran under the Edo emperor.

“Pray, is that the same GYB that is embarrassed to the level we are all witnessing? If this is not a betrayal, I would like someone to tell me what can be a betrayal more than this.”

He alleged that everyone who worked hard with Tinubu to emerge, as president, is now being minimised by those around the president who are using the state agencies.

Sowunmi wondered if President Tinubu is interested in a second term, saying: “Do you plan to contest a second term or do you think your work will be done in one term of just four years? Shall tomorrow not come? Where are the men of yesterday?

“Akanni omo olodo ide, you know that on a deep level of nation-building, I won’t allow partisan politics to prevent me from saying it as I see it. You may need to understand that power must be shared and that the world over, people must feel protected by an arrangement they help bring about.”

He continued, “The Yorubas have a saying that ‘Oni kan ko ni fe ko baje,’ the owner of a thing will not want it to get destroyed.

“I see some very good ideas you wish to implement, I get the mess you are trying to clean and you know in your heart of hearts that I Segun Showunmi with me, Nigeria comes first.

“I will nevertheless refuse to point out what will have grave consequences for our shared Yoruba race.

“The issues from the Awolowo era have not been resolved with other tribes, especially the Igbos who to date see Yorubas in a bad light but for the efforts of men like Obasanjo, Pa Adebanjo and to a lesser extent myself who have demanded that fair is fair.

“Will you now break a long-term understanding between Yorubas and the north because you are now acting like you won’t respect people who supported you to the max, especially against their bothers Atiku and Kwankwaso.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/dont-antagonise-el-rufai-yahaya-bello-sowunmi-cautions-tinubu/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Thundafireseun: 5:08pm On Apr 29

Tinubu is still the Jagaban

El rufai and Bello can’t do more than a dead lion

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by EreluRoz: 5:17pm On Apr 29
I have been saying this thing that Femi Gbajabiamila and Faleke are behind the witchunting going on in our party, Faleke is using Gbajabiamila and their efcc puppet chairman to hunt people they dislike. What power did Gbajabiamila and Faleke have to be witchunting people who made sure asiwaju becomes president? Who is Gbajabiamila and Faleke in the scheme of things? I hope asiwaju will stop all these rubbish before this Gbajabiamila and Faleke destroy our party. They were just privileged to be close to asiwaju but they have no weight, they are paper weight politicians.
According to what I heard by some important people, hmmm I hope asiwaju is still interested in second term kos he's killing it already. Elrufai is deadly and has a strong grip in the north. May Gbajabiamila and Faleke not destroy our party. Nonsense

Also I'm not feeling Remi Tinubu's impact as the first lady, as a woman you should watch over your husband's success and fiercely move against anyone that may try to bring him down with their reckless attitude. I trust patience Jonathan on this. Remi is weak. The two most outstanding first ladies Nigeria ever had are late Maryam Babangida and Patience Jonathan. Kudos to them

Don't dare argue with me, I eavesdrop in a lot of conversations by people that matters in the political scheme

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Okete001(f): 5:26pm On Apr 29
Thundafireseun:

Tinubu is still the Jagaban

El rufai and Bello can’t do more than a dead lion

Hehehe

You can say that again.

El Rufai, the weak white lion, Sowunmi and the pigś can do nothing.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:28pm On Apr 29
Elrufai should be in kirikiri

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:28pm On Apr 29
K
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29
Kirikiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Mariangeles(f): 5:29pm On Apr 29
Nigeria is done for!

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29
EreluRoz:
I have been saying this thing that Femi Gbajabiamila and Faleke are behind the witchunting going on in our party, Faleke is using Gbajabiamila and their efcc puppet chairman to hunt people they dislike. What power did Gbajabiamila and Faleke have to be witchunting people who made sure asiwaju becomes president? Who is Gbajabiamila and Faleke in the scheme of things? I hope asiwaju will stop all these rubbish before this Gbajabiamila and Faleke destroy our party. They were just privileged to be close to asiwaju but they have no weight, they are paper weight politicians.
According to what I heard by some important people, hmmm I hope asiwaju is still interested in second term kos he's killing it already. Elrufai is deadly and has a strong grip in the north. May Gbajabiamila and Faleke not destroy our party. Nonsense

Don't dare argue with me, I eavesdrop in a lot of conversations by people that matters in the political scheme
D
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by bigdammyj: 5:29pm On Apr 29
Noted.
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:29pm On Apr 29
Elrufai should be in kirikiri

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by jahsharon: 5:29pm On Apr 29
Emilokan, listen to counsel oooo

1 Like

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by 7upnigeria: 5:29pm On Apr 29
Ok
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by 7upnigeria: 5:30pm On Apr 29
Also surprised with the way the drama is playing out between Tinubu and El-rufai and Yahaya Bello. However, remember that President will always be President
No matter how powerful el-rufai is in the NORTH, he needs to understand that Tinubu is a FAR BIGGER POLITICIAN than him.
El-rufai and Yahaya Bello must have over stepped their boundary for them to be treated that way and I personally do not see the resurrection of their political careers especially now that the Governor of kaduna state is no longer behind el-rufai.
The race towards 2027 will be fun and i feel we'll see the best of Tinubu this political period, stay tuned.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Owaincouncil: 5:30pm On Apr 29
Can you hear what this idiot is saying. Thank God he didn't become the governor. He would have look elsewhere if his commissioners are stealing.

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by oyeb15: 5:30pm On Apr 29
Same way Tinubu ran Lagos for eight years, same way Yaya Bello did in Kogi.

Tinubu spent eight years solidifying himself on Lagos, settling cronies, placing his boys and family members, fighting Obasanjo as distraction for his stealing and install a successor.

Yaya Bello is just his average student.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:31pm On Apr 29
Kirikiri

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:32pm On Apr 29
Bello will rot in jail for mocking ASIWAJU JAGABAN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29
Yeye gubernatorial candidate

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by EreluRoz: 5:33pm On Apr 29
Fuckingmallam45:

D
D is the initial for dick, I hope you type something meaningful

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Nawa4nl: 5:33pm On Apr 29
If they stole let them stand trial,period

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Joy2dworldxyz: 5:33pm On Apr 29
Make una leave d only youth governor alone Na....
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Winning123: 5:33pm On Apr 29
Wetin concern this rabble rouser with Tinubu. Please shut up and follow your Atiku. President Tinubu doesn't need your advice.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by phobia2002: 5:34pm On Apr 29
Who is talking from hiding

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Geonigga(m): 5:34pm On Apr 29
This is the major problem we have in Nigeria, antagonising someone that has stollen public funds

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Winning123: 5:34pm On Apr 29
Mariangeles:
Nigeria is done for!

You are done for not my country NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by AbuTwins: 5:34pm On Apr 29
Anybody wey steal should be punished!

Yorubas are omoluabi!

Make them no support nonsense!

If na Shari'a make them cut his hand!

No be small money for that poor state make one person pocket such amount only for hin kids' school fees!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by papyjaypaul: 5:35pm On Apr 29
Make una let President breathe

Most times we don't know what we want because we lack principles. The recent reaction to the spraying of money proves that. We will complain that we want rule of law, when rule of law is happening, we wi ll bring emotions to it. What do we really want?

If this President enters the matter, they will call him corrupt, this and that. Na so dem abuse Obasanjo tire for using EFCC as attack dog. Buhari look away, and we saw the result. Let us have more powerful institutions than powerful people. We should stop interfering in things if we want a country that will work whether we are there or not

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by malali: 5:35pm On Apr 29
THATS WHY THEY CALL HIM THE JAGABAN

AT THIS POINT IN LIFE, IF YOU ARE LOYAL TO NIGERIA

IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU COME FROM THE SAME VILLAGE AS THE PRESIDENT.

YAHYA BELLO STOLE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, INCREASING POVERTY RATES,INCREASING MATERNAL MORTALITY,INCREASING DEATHS BY POOR ROADS,INCREASING ILLITERACY BY NOT FIXING SCHOOLS.

SEGUN SHOWUNMI I AM SURE YOU ARE ALSO A THIEF, THATS WHY YOU ARE OPENLY SUPPORTING YOUR BRETHRENS. STATEMENTS LIKE THIS WILL NEVER MAKE YOU WIN ELECTIONS. NIGERIA HAS CHANGED IF YOU DONT KNOW.

EL-RUFAI TOO HAS TO ACCOUNT FOR HOW HE SPENT KADUNA STATE MONEY.

THESE PEOPLE ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS....NOT GODS

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by fatherjesse(m): 5:36pm On Apr 29
Just imagine the kind of charlatan that wanted to become the governor of my state, imagine the kind of people Atiku would make ministers and SSAs if he had won as president; scrub my back I scrub yours criminals. We are in deep sh*t in this country. The renegade is even referring to Tinubu as his Yoruba uncle, criminals befriending criminals everywhere

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by BadMaster: 5:37pm On Apr 29
I remember how El-rufai took bullets for Tinubu, how he led the battle against Emefiele and even Buhari as a result of the perceived witch-hunting against Tinubu before the elections.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by casualobserver: 5:38pm On Apr 29
Sowunmi thinks he is smart. He is trying to use reverse psychology to appear sympathetic and hopefully woo Bello and El Rufai to PDP.

He should realize that thanks to Obi and Atiku PDP is finished and any hopes of them regaining power at the center is dead thanks to Obi. The more he opens his mouth to grab the headlines, the more difficult it is for him to swallow humble pie and reconcile with PDP. He can’t become president without PDP (many of whom will never forgive him and give him their ticket) and PDP cannot win the presidency without his Ibo votes.

Obi is a regional candidate
PDP is a state party.

One day APC will lose power, the party that will wrestle power from them will not be PDP and it won’t be LP and the presidential candidate will not be Atiku or Obi. It also will not happen in the next 15 years…possibly even 23!

People seem not to grasp the mortal blow OBi and Atiku have dealt to the concept of a meaningful opposition. Statements like this from Showunmi and Obi’s daily utterances show they don’t know the magnitude of the problem they created for themselves and face going forward.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. / 2023: 6 Official Spokespersons Of The Obi/Datti Presidential Campaign / Drama As Deputy Speaker, Kalu Threatens Solomon Bob With Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.