Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu (17254 Views)

Joe Abah Cautions Tinubu Against Appointing FCT Indigene As Minister Of FCT / El-Rufai & Yahaya Bello Storm Ekiti To Support Fayemi Ahead Of Election / El-rufai, Yahaya Bello And Bindow Dancing 'shaku Shaku' At APC Convention(watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Dera1000(m): 8:31am On Apr 30
casualobserver:

Trust me, it’s the opposition you should be worrying about. You may not appreciate it now but Tinubu has done more in 1 year than all presidents in the last 24! They all gave you short term comforts and that is why we are in the mess we are. You cannot see the results today because lasting reform takes time. For example when Awolowo started free education he was insulted, his shed schools were mocked, pfarmers complained about the taxes he imposed to fund it. it took Twenty years for the effect of mass education to be seen, when those students started to graduate. Today even his enemies hail him as a visionary and a hero. You don’t enrol your child in primary school and see him become a graduate tomorrow, next week, next month or next year. But while he goes through the process, you endure the pain of the struggle to finance that education. If you want to send your child to school today and expect a g radiate tomorrow, or expect you will not have to struggle to pay fees and other costs, you are not ready to have an educated child. They forget they were the same people who complained and mocked him. Our tendency for short termism is why we are in the mess we are… not Tinubu. Tinubu is not the one that did not rehabilitate a single refinery while spending almost $10b a year on subsidies for 24 years. Tinubu was not the one that subsidized the Naira for 24 years and allowed bankers and business men to make money roundtripping the Naira for 24 years without creating any factories. Etc etc etc

Like I said focus on the ineptitude of the opposition, a government no matter how good requires a formidable opposition to keep it honest. Right now PDP/LP are not an opposition because they can’t win an election the way they are going in the next 2 decades. They have not shown from their utterances and actions that they understand why they lost an election they had no right to lose. All they are doing is just noise and that is dangerous because it leads to complacency of govt. you don’t win elections by propaganda, you win by strategic planning. Atiku and Obi have been focusing on propaganda and not on strategy. It does not matter how many times you abuse Tinubu or criticize the govt or how manny boreholes you commission in the North or how many mosques you visit. The people that didn’t vote for Obi or Atiku in 2023 are not going to vote for them in 2027. Tinubu paid no attention to both during the campaign to the extent of not even dignifying them by attending a debate and won because he was strategic. He knew the people that watch debates are largely elites who are a minority and don’t decide elections. And if you cannot win an election, you are just as useless an opposition as Sowore because you are not a threat politically to the govt.

Focus your energies on Atiku and Obi because the path they are on means even if you do not like Tinubu or APC, they will continue to be in power until OBi and PDP and their supporters reset their brains. You cannot take a path that failed you in 2019, got even worse for you in 2023 and then double down on that path and think it will lead you to the promised land.

You've got a point. The economic situation in Nigeria is undeniably frustrating, and it's understandable why people are feeling the pinch. Take a look at the skyrocketing prices – it's mind-boggling. For instance, think about something as basic as a Sure deodorant. In 2019, you could snag one for ₦1200, right? Fast forward to now, and it's a jaw-dropping ₦5800 in the Ajah market. That's over a 380% increase in just a few years!

And let's talk about leadership. Many folks feel let down, especially when they see leaders like Tinubu seemingly untouched by the economic chaos. Despite being in a position of influence, his economic strategies and body language aren't instilling much confidence. It's frustrating, especially for those of us who work in finance and can see the writing on the wall.

Sure, every leader faces challenges, but the current state of affairs demands action. Our President can't afford to sit back while the country struggles. Yet, it feels like progress is at a standstill, and the gap between the haves and the have-nots is widening. It's no wonder people are skeptical of anyone singing praises for the President – it often feels like they're getting something out of it, while the rest of us are left holding the bag.

We all want what's best for Nigeria, but it's clear we're not there yet. The economic frustration is real, and it's high time our leaders started delivering real solutions instead of empty promises.
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by casualobserver: 10:28am On Apr 30
Dera1000:

You've got a point. The economic situation in Nigeria is undeniably frustrating, and it's understandable why people are feeling the pinch. Take a look at the skyrocketing prices – it's mind-boggling. For instance, think about something as basic as a Sure deodorant. In 2019, you could snag one for ₦1200, right? Fast forward to now, and it's a jaw-dropping ₦5800 in the Ajah market. That's over a 380% increase in just a few years!

And let's talk about leadership. Many folks feel let down, especially when they see leaders like Tinubu seemingly untouched by the economic chaos. Despite being in a position of influence, his economic strategies and body language aren't instilling much confidence. It's frustrating, especially for those of us who work in finance and can see the writing on the wall.

Sure, every leader faces challenges, but the current state of affairs demands action. Our President can't afford to sit back while the country struggles. Yet, it feels like progress is at a standstill, and the gap between the haves and the have-nots is widening. It's no wonder people are skeptical of anyone singing praises for the President – it often feels like they're getting something out of it, while the rest of us are left holding the bag.

We all want what's best for Nigeria, but it's clear we're not there yet. The economic frustration is real, and it's high time our leaders started delivering real solutions instead of empty promises.

I know this is of no comfort but the pain we are all feeling is the result of successive governments not doing the right things over the years. Now the chickens have come home to roost.

Irrespective of whoever became president in 2023, we would be going through the hardship we are going through now because the country was more or less bankrupt. You say you work in finance so I am sure you understand the dynamics. We had 2 paths on May 29, the path of Venezuela/Argentina or the path of reforms…both paths are painful. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you.. The one thing I agree with you is that the rest of the country cannot be suffering the pains while some continue as usual with government funds. No govt official has any business driving a Lexus or land cruiser or foreign made vehicle at taxpayers expense while they tell the rest of the country to endure. It is bad optics and this is where the opposition should be doing their job but they are not because they themselves are in disarray. This is why I say we should focus on the opposition and their incompetence because governments tend to lose their way ( even if they start well) when they know the opposition has no bite, ie they have no chance of toppling them.

As for prices of deodorants etc, I also have seen things in the shops that I consider ridiculous to the point that I refuse to buy irrespective of whether I have the money or not.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by frankson1(m): 11:09am On Apr 30
goshee:
When will ganduje and akpabio going to be chased by EFCC?

When they're being chased by the EFCC, you will still come out crying about how they didn't give EFCC money or didn't let the FG loot in their respective states when they were governors.

I know your kind, you people will always find what to say because you all CANNOT be satisfied.
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by Wallade(m): 12:23pm On Apr 30
EreluRoz:
I have been saying this thing that Femi Gbajabiamila and Faleke are behind the witchunting going on in our party, Faleke is using Gbajabiamila and their efcc puppet chairman to hunt people they dislike. What power did Gbajabiamila and Faleke have to be witchunting people who made sure asiwaju becomes president? Who is Gbajabiamila and Faleke in the scheme of things? I hope asiwaju will stop all these rubbish before this Gbajabiamila and Faleke destroy our party. They were just privileged to be close to asiwaju but they have no weight, they are paper weight politicians.
According to what I heard by some important people, hmmm I hope asiwaju is still interested in second term kos he's killing it already. Elrufai is deadly and has a strong grip in the north. May Gbajabiamila and Faleke not destroy our party. Nonsense

Also I'm not feeling Remi Tinubu's impact as the first lady, as a woman you should watch over your husband's success and fiercely move against anyone that may try to bring him down with their reckless attitude. I trust patience Jonathan on this. Remi is weak. The two most outstanding first ladies Nigeria ever had are late Maryam Babangida and Patience Jonathan. Kudos to them

Don't dare argue with me, I eavesdrop in a lot of conversations by people that matters in the political scheme

Do you mean the situation of ElRufai and Yahaya Bella is witch-hunt in your party?

You mindset is so ridiculous and annoying. Especially on Yahaya Bello - Do you expect EFCC to turn a blind eye to his corruption and allegations against him?
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by BabaAduras: 12:47pm On Apr 30
goshee:
Ganduje

Whether Ganduje, Atiku, Wike, Pst Adeboye or Oni of Ife, anyone found stealing government money should be made to face the music.

You can not defend anyone being prosecuted by saying others have not been prosecuted. The punishment needs to start somewhere. It is a defeatist mentality to say we should protect caught thieves because other thieves have not been caught and punished.
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by goshee: 7:21pm On Apr 30
BabaAduras:

Whether Ganduje, Atiku, Wike, Pst Adeboye or Oni of Ife, anyone found stealing government money should be made to face the music.

You can not defend anyone being prosecuted by saying others have not been prosecuted. The punishment needs to start somewhere. It is a defeatist mentality to say we should protect caught thieves because other thieves have not been caught and punished.
A bingo said that selective justice is not corruption. I am not surprised anyone. Na the same dullards that supported Buhari for 8 years and still come talk say buhari na failure after the demigod failed woefully. You can never surprise me
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by garfield1: 12:51am On May 01
The law must run it's course
Re: Don’t Antagonise El-Rufai, Yahaya Bello, Sowunmi Cautions Tinubu by albert2512: 9:20am On May 01
goshee:
What about Ganduje who was caught on camera stealing? When is EFCC going for him sir?

It is wrong to condemn justice because justice was not served to another person. Better thing to do rather than condemn is asked for justice for Kano too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Channels Island To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria / A Member Of PDP Presidential Campaign Council, Hamza Haruna Joins APC / Ningi: I Was Misquoted On 2024 Budget, I'm Ready For Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.