Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September (6863 Views)

Transport University, Daura Groundbreaking In September - Amaechi / Nigeria To Save N20bn Annually In Local Shoe Production / 2019: Why NASS Should Not Reconvene In September – Shehu Sani, Abaribe, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Iamanoited: 4:34am On Apr 30
LAGOS THE CITADEL OF GOOD HAVEST.
SANWO OLU IS MAKING IT VERY FAST. GOD BLESS SANWO OLU.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by JohnAOne: 5:24am On Apr 30
Very good.

God bless Lagos

God bless YORUBALAND.

Amen! cool

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Formation10: 5:29am On Apr 30
lwisee:
Nice one.
And there should be a customized 'asoebi' which must be worn by everyone residing in Lagos be you Igbo or Hausa most especially traders across the state.
Failure to comply should attract stiff penalties.
This will be a constant reminder that Lagos is Yoruba land.
Mr penalty hope you get money to buy and saw it for less privilege's they play penalty ko corner kick ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by SuperEagles: 5:33am On Apr 30
If they do what can you do.

odinaccess:
Let the celebrations go on as long as they don't restrict other tribe from movement ,like they do during Thier Oro ........

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Intrepid01(m): 5:49am On Apr 30
Politicians know how to tickle the fancy of gullible Nigerians. While Sanwo-Olu and the HOA members are siphoning the state fund they decided to stir the emotions indigenes and occupants as a distraction. Nonsense people, when will they declare a special week for poverty eradication, end to bad roads and dilapidated infrastructure?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by sonofthunder: 6:13am On Apr 30
wwwihy:

https://punchng.com/lagos-to-celebrate-yoruba-week-annually-in-september/

The entire South West and Kwara should agree on this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by yommen: 6:24am On Apr 30
lwisee:
Nice one.
And there should be a customized 'asoebi' which must be worn by everyone residing in Lagos be you Igbo or Hausa most especially traders across the state.

Guy, shut up. No body is ever going to be forced to participate.
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DoTheNeedful: 6:47am On Apr 30
DMerciful:
Let Oyo do their own and Lagos do their own as is being done. Why every SW state wanna shook mouth in Lagos that belongs to all Nigerians equally? grin

How is that your concern? Mind your business, and leave the SW to sort themselves.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by OriOko88(m): 6:49am On Apr 30
I wonder why people will call Lagos a man's land. A place where almost everyone speaks Yoruba. Even when u are in ikoyi or lekki,u hear people speak Yoruba. So why is it a man
's land??

Na places like warri,ph Abj and Benin supposed be a no man's land because there's no major indigenous language spoken there. Na pidgin full everywhere yakata. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Burruchaga71(m): 6:52am On Apr 30
Good for them, as long as it didn't affect other tribes businesses.
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Menclothing1: 6:53am On Apr 30
Let’s all state promote its culture it’s our heritage we should all embrace

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by flokii: 6:55am On Apr 30
Nice one.. Lagos will no longer be referred to as a no man's land. Any baggar looking for no man's land should head right back to his village and call the place no man's land.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DMerciful(m): 7:00am On Apr 30
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally. Infact my state Delta has made more contributions towards Lagos development than any other SW state!
DoTheNeedful:

How is that your concern? Mind your business, and leave the SW to sort themselves.
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Jonjam269: 7:01am On Apr 30
Intrepid01:
Politicians know how to tickle the fancy of gullible Nigerians. While Sanwo-Olu and the HOA members are siphoning the state fund they decided to stir the emotions indigenes and occupants as a distraction. Nonsense people, when will they declare a special week for poverty eradication, end to bad roads and dilapidated infrastructure?
Loser, kindly stick to your wailing and propaganda career, this is beyond your comprehension.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Jonjam269: 7:02am On Apr 30
DMerciful:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally. Infact my state Delta has made more contributions towards Lagos development than any other SW state!
Pained and deluded obirodent miscreant has spoken

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DMerciful(m): 7:04am On Apr 30
Disprove what I said and stop deflecting
Jonjam269:

Pained and deluded obirodent miscreant has spoken
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DoTheNeedful: 7:08am On Apr 30
DMerciful:

There is no empirical fact to back your claim that Delta State makes more contribution to Lagos State than any other SW State. However, I believe that Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, though it's a Yoruba & Egun land.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DMerciful(m): 7:12am On Apr 30
The revenue being shared to Lagos from the national wealth including all the fg projects in Lagos, how much comes from the contribution of SW states? Maybe Ondo to a small extent.
DoTheNeedful:

There is no empirical fact to back your claim that Delta State makes more contribution to Lagos State than any other SW State. However, I believe that Lagos belongs to all Nigerians, though it's a Yoruba & Egun land.

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DevilsEqual(m): 7:15am On Apr 30
Nice one
Let's preserve our cultural heritage

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DevilsEqual(m): 7:17am On Apr 30
Intrepid01:
So trying to preserve their culture heritage is a trick to tickle the fancy of gullible Nigerians?

In 100years to come, all those who siphoned money will be dead but we can't say same for our culture

It's the most important thing...your statement is shit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DevilsEqual(m): 7:18am On Apr 30
DMerciful:
This is for Lagosians indigenes grin

U no sabi read? Dem say Yoruba culture not Lagos only heritage

12 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DoTheNeedful: 7:20am On Apr 30
DMerciful:
The revenue being shared to Lagos from the national wealth including all the fg projects in Lagos, how much comes from the contribution of SW states? Maybe Ondo to a small extent.

If you want to look at it that way, then every state in Nigeria is beholden to the SS states. Anyway, the argument about Lagos is unnecessary. Lagos is for all Nigerians. I don't think any Yoruba man would argue that only the Yorubas build Lagos. Lagos represent our collective effort as a nation. However, it's obvious that the Yorubas are proud to have Lagos in the SW and hate it when other people call it "no-mans-land". To me it is nothing. Na person wey get investment for Lagos be the chairman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by ejimatic: 7:31am On Apr 30
wwwihy:

All states in the SW should celebrate Yoruba week at that times! Congratulations to us Yorubas!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DMerciful(m): 7:34am On Apr 30
Other SW states don do theirs before
DevilsEqual:

U no sabi read? Dem say Yoruba culture not Lagos only heritage
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Charx122: 7:50am On Apr 30
wwwihy:

I hope food & transportation would be like 50% off through out that week.
Is not about exhibition of culture that matters but what will be the esensecial benefits?. So many people are not finding it funning ...
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by KennethOkonkwo: 8:18am On Apr 30
odinaccess:
Let the celebrations go on as long as they don't restrict other tribe from movement ,like they do during Thier Oro ........
If they do what will you do?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by caracas: 8:21am On Apr 30
OriOko88:
I wonder why people will call Lagos a man's land. A place where almost everyone speaks Yoruba. Even when u are in ikoyi or lekki,u hear people speak Yoruba. So why is it a man
's land??

Na places like warri,ph Abj and Benin supposed be a no man's land because there's no major indigenous language spoken there. Na pidgin full everywhere yakata. undecided
Na where you dey live ? Am sure you stay in oshogbo.
For your info what we hear most in Lagos public. Either markets, public transport etc is Igbo language. You only hear ppl speaking yoruba in those useless public schools.
Like seriously Lagos is a no man’s land
No caps ….
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DoTheNeedful: 8:33am On Apr 30
caracas:

Na where you dey live ? Am sure you stay in oshogbo.
For your info what we hear most in Lagos public. Either markets, public transport etc is Igbo language. You only hear ppl speaking yoruba in those useless public schools.
Like seriously Lagos is a no man’s land
No caps ….

I know you are just trying to troll with this comment. Your last mention on my previous comment shows you are intelligent. That people speak Igbo in certain places in Lagos only mean there are many Igbos there. If two Yorubas or Hausas met themselves in Onitsha, they would speak in Yoruba or Hausa.

Calling Lagos a 'no man's land' is unnecessary. Lagos represent the collective efforts of Nigerians, and in that sense, it belongs to us all. However, it is indigenously Yoruba & Egun land just like Ogun State belongs to Yoruba & Egun people.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by chopnaira: 8:35am On Apr 30
DMerciful:
This is for Lagosians indigenes grin
Lagos indigenes are Yorubas with minority egun; hence, Yoruba week.

DMerciful:
Covetousness

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Dikegodspower(m): 8:35am On Apr 30
Wetin concern me
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by Faposky95: 8:48am On Apr 30
lwisee:
Nice one.

while you brush your teeth, could you take it up higher and clean that part inside your skull......sorry, forgot the name.....?
Hell awaits all peddlers of the finite over the love that our Christ died that all men be free
Re: Lagos To Celebrate Yoruba Week Annually In September by DMerciful(m): 8:55am On Apr 30
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians. Deal with it
chopnaira:

Lagos indigenes are Yorubas with minority egun; hence, Yoruba week.

Covetousness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Walk Slowly, But I Never Walk Backward PMB / Stop Dumping Refuse By Roadsides, LAWMA Tells Residents / Christmas: Ortom Urges Nigerians To Pray For President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.