Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele (14013 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Calls For Emefiele's Sack, Arrest & Detention Over Naira Notes / PDP To Obaseki: Clear Air On Bribe-For-Ticket Allegations / CUPP: Reps Offered $10 Million Bribe For Passage Of Vaccination Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by AmazingGenius: 5:17am On Apr 30
A former Director of Information Technology of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. John Ayoh, has explained how he collected $600,000 allegedly for contract gratification for the embattled ex-apex bank governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele.

Ayoh, while being led in evidence by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) counsel, Mr. Rotimi Oyedepo (SAN), on Monday, April 29, told an Ikeja Special Offences Court that he spent eight years in the apex bank.

He told the court that he received a letter from the agency concerning two transactions which he facilitated through Emefiele.

Ayoh, Head of Procurement and Support Services (PSS) Department, told the court that the first envelope containing $400,000 was brought to his house in Lekki while he received the second envelope containing $200,000 at the Tinubu Head Office of the CBN.

Ayoh said he was vested with powers to receive applications for award of contracts to select successful bidders.

According to him, the first leg of the transaction was at his residence in Lekki Phase One while the second envelope money he received occurred at the Tinubu Head Office of the CBN.

He said: “The man to deliver the second transaction came to our office in Lagos and I informed the governor but he said he did not want to see a third party that I should bring the envelope myself.

“I complied with the instruction and went to his office and delivered it. Mr John Adeola was the one I sent my address to and he came to my house. He is the governor’s assistant and the total money I received on his behalf was $400,000 and $200,000, respectively.”

The witness informed the court that the vendors who allegedly brought the envelopes with money were in charge of the implementation of Netapp Storage Architectural and Infrastructural Services.

While under cross-examination by the first defence counsel, Mr. Olalekan Ojo (SAN), he told the court that his schedule of duties did not include running errands for Emefiele but he directly worked under him.

Ayoh confirmed to the court that Emefiele was not a member of the PSS but a member of the Major Contract Tender Committee (MCTC).

He added that he had never facilitated in the commission of any crime.

Ojo asked if the witness wrote in his statement that he was forced to aid or abet the commission of accepting gratification.

The witness said: “I do not remember the exact word that I used and I did not write in my statement that I opened the two envelopes on the two occasions to check the total sum of money.

“I wrote a statement and it implied that the money in the envelopes was given to me to influence the award of contract. I did not take part in the decision of the MCTC but I recommended that the award be given and I was not bribed.

“I was invited by the EFCC on February 17, I was not arrested but I returned home on administrative bail.”

The witness told the court that he operated under duress, while he received the two envelopes from the contractors.

“On your honour, did you indicate in your statement that you were acting under duress while running errands for the first defendant,” the learned silk asked.

The prosecution, however, objected to the question and argued that the statement of the witness was not before the court.

The first defence counsel sought that the statement of the defendant be admitted into evidence.

Justice Rahman Oshodi, thereafter, admitted the statement of the witness (three pages) into evidence, following arguments and counter arguments of the counsel.

The Senior Advocate reteirated that the witness showed to the court where it was written in his statement that he acted under duress.

The witness told the court that the instructions from Emefiele indicated that he bent rules.

The judge, thereafter, adjourned the case until May 3 for continuation of cross-examination.

Emefiele’s counsel also pleaded with the court to release the defendant to him on self-recognition because he had not met with his bail application.

The learned silk, however, prayed the court that the defendant would meet up before May 17.

There was no objections from the second defence counsel and the prosecution left the decision at the discretion of the court.
https://dailytrust.com/cbn-director-how-i-collected-600000-bribe-for-emefiele/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by OPICANTO2223: 5:34am On Apr 30
Heartless Emefiela need to face the law

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Lumarstone: 5:40am On Apr 30
"...occurred at the Tinubu Head Office of the CBN..."

Case closed..!

I left..!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Candreva: 5:52am On Apr 30
E
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by gabby227(m): 5:52am On Apr 30
Wonderful
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Gamer999: 5:52am On Apr 30
The way these devils have been looting the country from inception eh, if na another country e for Don crumble. God really blessed Nigeria with wealth but Satans have been ruling so sad 😔

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by NuCypher: 5:53am On Apr 30
One keeps wondering why Emefiele isn't already behind bars. What is the point of all these rigmaroles and repeated court dates when the man is clearly guilty!? Nigeria has never seen a more corrupt Central Bank governor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:53am On Apr 30
Dem really finished Nigeria ...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Boyooosa(m): 5:54am On Apr 30
Ah!
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by IkeGod9891(m): 5:55am On Apr 30
I need d picture of the said JOHN AYOH.

And besides, he too should be in jail for abetting bribe.

9 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by bigdammyj: 5:55am On Apr 30
Noted.
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by NaijaCover(m): 5:56am On Apr 30
Hmmmmmm
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by kolamilan(m): 5:57am On Apr 30
Lumarstone:

Case closed..!

I left..!
It's a name of a building at the CBN.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by cjudy(m): 5:57am On Apr 30
Them don resume the blame game with Emefiele this morning.

I think dollar high is because of Emefiele

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by geoworldedu: 5:57am On Apr 30
This is why majority of the populace is poor. 99.9% of the whole money of a nation circulates within 0.1% of people in the populace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by mankan2k7(m): 5:58am On Apr 30
Until we begin to execute all these corrupt people publicly by firing squad, we are moving no shishi.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by emmy512: 5:59am On Apr 30
Money no deg finish to thief?

3 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:01am On Apr 30
Una well done. Kukuma kill us na

Btw, these are just d traceable ones oh. Not to talk of the numerous untraceable fraudulent transactions.
God pun*sh you, Emefiele

6 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Umueme: 6:06am On Apr 30
Ok

The way they skilfully partitioned off Buhari as they roast Emefiele on the grill is another form of wickedness newly invented in the history of man. Buhari the Saint, Emefiewerey the criminal.

First Emefiele, then Yahya Bello. Who else contested against BAT at the primaries? He should be ready for his own crucifixion/ persecution next
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by malali: 6:07am On Apr 30
GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS WITH IMPUNITY.

NO FEAR OF PROSECUTION

NO OVERSIGHT, BUT WITH RECKLESS ABANDON.

EVERY YEAR WE HAVE BRAND NEW THIEVES WITH NEWER METHODS

YAHYA BELLO EVEN USED AI (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE) BY OVERPAYING SCHOOL FEES TO THE TUNE OF $760,000 IN ADVANCE.

IN THE POLITICAL CLASS THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING. VERY FEW PROMINENT POLITICIANS ARE VOCAL ABOUT THESE THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS. THEY ARE SO QUIET IT IMPLIES THEIR TACIT APPROVAL. WHY CANT PROMINENT POLITICIANS SPEAK UP AGAINST CORRUPTION. DOES IT MEAN THEY ALL HAVE SKELETONS IN THEIR CUPBOARDS ?

THE WORLD IS WATCHING......NOTHING CAN BE HIDDEN FOREVER.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Futurecrown(m): 6:08am On Apr 30
Lumarstone:

Case closed..!

I left..!
There is a street called TINUBU in Lagos Island. Most of the giant industries in Nigeria have there headquarters located there. Make Una they calm down and research small before posting anything cos for your mind now na TINUBU get the CBN bank.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Stevenbright(m): 6:14am On Apr 30
kolamilan:

Don't mind that one....

9 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Lifestone(m): 6:18am On Apr 30
kolamilan:

Not the name of a building.
He's referring to the CBN office at Tinubu"s Square Lagos. This used to be the Head Office of CBN before it was moved to Abuja

10 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by Lifestone(m): 6:19am On Apr 30
Futurecrown:
There is a street called TINUBU in Lagos Island. Most of the giant industries in Nigeria have there headquarters located there. Make Una they calm down and research small before posting anything cos for your mind now na TINUBU get the CBN bank.
Ignorance. See my comment above
Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by lamentor78(m): 6:20am On Apr 30
AmazingGenius:

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-director-how-i-collected-600000-bribe-for-emefiele/

How will you jail this man on which case.....just turn him to a life member of Kirikiri max prison....

1 Like

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by RichDad1(m): 6:21am On Apr 30
The same Emefiele some unpatriotic people were saying he’s been witch-hunted?
Normal normal some of Una suppose apply for brain transplants.

6 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by adekolaelect(m): 6:26am On Apr 30
Lumarstone:

Case closed..!

I left..!
Anything about that name is your Headache." Tinubu"

6 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by AbuTwins: 6:27am On Apr 30
We're our own problem.

When a corrupt person is caught you'll still see some supporting them with one or more excuse!

How do we get rid of corruption like this?

See the money they've taken....

4 Likes

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by HRMK: 6:27am On Apr 30
WHAT A COUNTRY!A MAN THAT GOT TENS OF THOUSANDS MAIMED OR KILLED THROUGH HIS OBNOXIOUS CASHLESS AND NEW NOTES POLICIES!SAME WICKED MAN NOW CAME TO COURT WITH A BIBLE BIGGER THAN THAT OF THE POPE!I WONT BE SURPRISED IF THE COURTS FREES HIM ON ANY LOUSY EXCUSES!THAT IS NIGERIA FOR YOU!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ayoh: How I Collected $600,000 Bribe For Emefiele by everythingtall3: 6:32am On Apr 30
They are really milking this country and they won't even stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday / Nigeria's Refineries Post ₦406.62 Billion Loss In Two Years / Senator Adeyeye: We Are Confident Tinubu Will Win 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.