Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% (12004 Views)

Customs FX Rate For Import Duties Rises To ₦‎1,530/$ / Again, CBN Raises Import Duty Rate By Another 4.4% In 24 Hours / FG Raises Exchange Rate For Cargo Clearance To N951/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by ufuosman(m): 9:57am On Apr 30
Na wa
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by theredaddy: 10:01am On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

And that will boost your economy?? Buhari that closed border for 8wasted years how did it impact food crops??

I don't know how most Apc supporters seem so so d^ll

After you first paragraph, Apc supporters should be the least of your problems, don't you think something is seriously wrong with Nigerians
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Goodoldays(m): 10:01am On Apr 30
Tinubu say make una wait
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by DryMouth: 10:02am On Apr 30
inoki247:
Lol make the Dollar go back to 1800...

since the things we no dey import cost pass imported goods Rice came down Garri and other Local produce fail to come down instead na rise he dey rise...
grin grin
Na my prayer be that because it seems our problems is not really caused by the dollar rate. This naija politics don taya me
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by gabbytabby: 10:03am On Apr 30
Them wan encourage una to buy Nigeria to grow the Naira.

SalamRushdie:
This is how the CBN and evil Nigeria customs fuel inflation by pegging Tarriffs to dollar rate ..till this practice is stopped the Naira will always remain unstable and as long as the the naira is unstable the economy will always be in chaos
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Cindypresh(f): 10:03am On Apr 30
theredaddy:

After you first paragraph, Apc supporters should be the least of your problems, don't you think something is seriously wrong with Nigerians

I'm tayad honestly 😩
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by inoki247: 10:04am On Apr 30
DryMouth:
grin grin
Na my prayer be that because it seems our problems is not really caused by the dollar rate. This naija politics don taya me

With all this custom rate been raise left and right people selling things imported are still adjusting and still considerate buh u see things we produce locally doz seller are brutal nd feels like hiking price anyhow nd find Petrol or Dollar to lie on nd the real people using the Dollar to import no cry reach dem....
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Cindypresh(f): 10:04am On Apr 30
SmartyPants:

So you don't know that the local rice-producing industry we have today was a result of this policy? Do you know how much local rice has saved those who cannot afford imported rice?

Why am I even arguing with this one, you are here on a mission so go about your work. cheesy

I have a feeling that a very big bull is behind this account 🤡

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by gabbytabby: 10:09am On Apr 30
We started buying fresh Nigérian chicken instead of rotten chemical injected foreign chicken.

We started buying fresh good quality Nigérian rice instead of mouldy foreign rice.

Let the ones with common sense raise their hand.

Cindypresh:

And that will boost your economy?? Buhari that closed border for 8wasted years how did it impact food crops??

I don't know how most Apc supporters seem so so d^ll

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by SmartyPants(m): 10:10am On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

I have a feeling that a very big bull is behind this account 🤡

Get to work my friend cheesy you have more nonsense to type today.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Yankee101: 10:12am On Apr 30
Stability is the bedrock of economic growth
Una never start
Tinubu and Cardoso have failed

You can’t make a bank marketer CBN governor

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Cindypresh(f): 10:13am On Apr 30
gabbytabby:
We started buying fresh Nigérian chicken instead of rotten chemical injected foreign chicken.

We started buying fresh good quality Nigérian rice instead of mouldy foreign rice.

Let the ones with common sense raise their hand.

Did you just type this comment from your anvs??

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by gabbytabby: 10:17am On Apr 30
Ask your mother omo Iran kiran.

Cindypresh:

Did you just type this comment from your anvs??
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Artzdanielsz(m): 10:26am On Apr 30
And price of things continue to be high.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by OALandAgents: 10:28am On Apr 30
This new and improved , triple action, renewed hopelessness shege banza must be felt by everyone angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Cindypresh(f): 10:29am On Apr 30
gabbytabby:
Ask your mother omo Iran kiran.

Hahahaha

Cry me a river, ekwensu

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:52am On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

Next they'll say Nigerians are doing themselves.

After buying goods worth #20m and clearing at custom at #2m, guess who bears the blunt??

Do we need high custom duty at this point in time Use your senses

‘Brunt’

I think the FG is getting it wrong, you can’t hope to discourage importation when there aren’t locally manufact substitutes.

We have been increasing tariffs for decades yet local production and innovation hasn’t been able to meet local demand.

They should rest abeg

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by mkoabiola: 10:55am On Apr 30
Ds govt will finish Nigerians with inflation..

Una never chi chomtin.lol
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:56am On Apr 30
Expect further inflation!
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Cmanforall: 11:27am On Apr 30
SalamRushdie:
This is how the CBN and evil Nigeria customs fuel inflation by pegging Tarriffs to dollar rate ..till this practice is stopped the Naira will always remain unstable and as long as the the naira is unstable the economy will always be in chaos

Retailers will have reasons to hike prices
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by imbless: 11:27am On Apr 30
Cindypresh:

Hahahaha

Cry me a river, ekwensu
Sis this energy you are wasting on these pathetic imbec1les should be used to do something more productive for yourself, they are just irredeemable dullards who have sold their brains to tinubu and his fellow brigands.

Anytime I remember that tinubu is still the president of this backward country, I double my hustle the more .

1 Like

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by IAmHim1: 11:36am On Apr 30
Hmmm
This is interesting

What would you suggest CBN should do because it seems like CBN needs the forex because Nigerians nee the Dollar to import goods since it's not a producing country

Collecting tarrifs in Naira will mean majority of fx revenue will come from selling crude oil and our crude oil has been sold into the future so no revenue from there for now

I look forward to your insight concerning this topic
SalamRushdie:
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by ogaontop(m): 11:38am On Apr 30
leokid866:
yen...yen...yen....when the rate was coming down from 1600 to 1260 we did not see you utter a word now it is going back to 1300+ now you're shouting I beg sit down......
What is coming down from 1600 to1260?
How much did your master meet the dollar that you're expecting people to start jumping at 1,200
You guys are jonsers!!
How much did he meet PMS and the fact that he secretly pays subsidy up to date is an affront on our intelligence!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by YouAreNobody: 11:52am On Apr 30
Brendaniel:

What I've noticed is they don't have problem with Peter Obi, the only problem they have with him is that he is Igbo, that's why I am just looking at Umahi and co frolicking with them, when time comes they will remind them they are Igbos...

Look at Amaechi today, they quickly reminded him that he is still Igbo during the election....

This is something I've always said on this forum, if Obi was a Yoruba man those same people will NEVER support tinubu, they'll all support Obi

2 Likes

Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by blaise26abj(m): 11:53am On Apr 30
I honestly don’t know why import duties are calculated using the exchange rate. Please anyone should explain .

If we are an import country , how does it benefit us in the long run ? Is the environment good enough for people to invest in local production ? Border was closed by that senseless Buhari but insecurity spoilt the whole effort at local production . FX rate is so bad , companies are making huge amounts of money but it becomes shit when they want to change it back to dollars ( the money they brought in for the investment ) . Unless they are seeing things we cannot see

I think economists should always be the CBN governor and the
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by themanderon: 11:57am On Apr 30
Meaning the prices of imported goods will go up once again. Renewed shege pro Max.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by epainos: 11:57am On Apr 30
Interesting days are ahead.
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Archtype(m): 11:58am On Apr 30
And people will still leave the government and start blaming business men high prices of commodities in the market... Most Nigerians that has never done business in their entire life rather than the 30k noise making money that they collect from this government will just open their mouth waa and start talking down on business men.. Full shege is yet to come
Re: CBN Raises Customs FX Duty Rate For Cargo Clearance By 14% by Archtype(m): 12:01pm On Apr 30
leokid866:
yen...yen...yen....when the rate was coming down from 1600 to 1260 we did not see you utter a word now it is going back to 1300+ now you're shouting I beg sit down......
so, after giving 100 own goal you want me to rejoice that he able to score 20 goals against the opponents... People like you reason from their Ahss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal / Kebbi Women And Youths Shun Atiku, Rally For Olawepo Hashim / The Eastern Region Series : The COR Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.