Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov (14446 Views)

Shaibu: I Was Begged To Be Obaseki’s Deputy / Obaseki To Shaibu: Dropping Your Guber Ambition, Only Pathway To Reconciliation / We Celebrated Your Removal As APC Chairman, Wike Tells Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Nemere2020: 9:53am On Apr 30
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Edo State, Asue Ighodalo, has denied having a hand in the impeachment of the former deputy governor of the state, Philip Shaibu.

In a statement on Monday by his media team, Ighodalo described Shaibu’s claim as spurious, saying he would have ignored it but decided to set the record straight.

Ighodalo was reacting to a video in which Shaibu was captured as accusing him of sponsoring his impeachment by the Edo State House of Assembly.

The video clip, said to be from a gathering in Ogbona, Edo North Local Government Area of the state, at the weekend, surfaced online on Monday.

Shaibu was impeached by the state House of Assembly on April 8, 2024, over allegations of perjury and leaking of government secrets.

His impeachment marked the crescendo of the crisis between him and Governor Godwin Obaseki.

Trouble started when Obaseki opposed Shaibu’s governorship ambition and instead threw its weight behind Ighodalo.

In a statement on Monday, Ighodalo said Shaibu should not blame him for his impeachment.

His media team said, “While we would not usually respond to every passing comment, it has become imperative to address the recent spurious allegations by former deputy governor, Phillip Shaibu.

“It is necessary for the record, to state in no uncertain terms, that Asue Ighodalo has had no role or involvement in any form whatsoever in the very public process leading to Shaibu’s impeachment and subsequent removal from office by the Edo State House of Assembly.

“These claims are completely without merit, and Ighodalo categorically denies any such involvement. These allegations are a clear attempt to unjustly tarnish his reputation and divert attention from the actual issues at hand.”

The PDP governorship candidate urged the public to disregard “these false statements with well-deserved scepticism.”

Ighodalo said he remained focused on running a governorship campaign based on issues and devoid of distractions.

https://punchng.com/dont-blame-me-for-your-impeachment-ighodalo-tells-shaibu/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1DROkpoon52clnbK5OfUK43UPOVN90fG0SyNWgWMf5gUR8a15Gvmrhxyc_aem_AemlN3CGGdo11pa_zxik1I7BWRDAg5h4YMciS8z2_LFV8ZKxrJCSeSgaZMGJz-7xaFrr3w_WevOGILusOXpCpEAu

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Zonefree(m): 9:55am On Apr 30
No one expected him to say otherwise.

13 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by AbuTwins: 10:37am On Apr 30
In the end PDP go lose under the divided Umbrella!

26 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by wunmi590(m): 10:37am On Apr 30

Fear fear man, so why didn't you advice your oga not to sack him instead?

The fear of seeing shuib joining Apkata is the beginning of wisdom

22 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by PlutoChief: 10:37am On Apr 30
Who cares?
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Meti99(m): 10:38am On Apr 30
The cheapest commodity in Nigeria today is Igbo.. Let everyone go on high .
Druggie plesindo is doing well.

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Kingpele(m): 10:38am On Apr 30
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bagu1(m): 10:38am On Apr 30
Edo Politics

grin

Nigerian politicians, I hail Ooooooooooo grin
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by wunmi590(m): 10:39am On Apr 30
PlutoChief:
Who cares?

NFCS does (Nigeria Federation of Catholic Student Does) 😜

10 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by NoniblaqStore(m): 10:40am On Apr 30
Hmmm PDP again. Anyways, if you reside in ABJ and you like vintage shirts, see my profile for insane collections
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by TableLeg(m): 10:41am On Apr 30
Even if him hand dey there, e go talk say e dey? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Dididrumz(m): 10:42am On Apr 30
Dirty politics
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by silverlinen(m): 10:42am On Apr 30
Damnnn

Shey na like this we go continue?

Why all this childish bickering from shaibu? Pick your losses and move on comrade

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by nairavsdollars(f): 10:44am On Apr 30
Who ask you

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by ignis: 10:44am On Apr 30
I wish another party can win in Edo state... PDP needs to rest.

3 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Praktikals1000: 10:50am On Apr 30
angry
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Sleekfingers: 10:53am On Apr 30

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Iyamu4: 10:53am On Apr 30

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Forumites: 10:56am On Apr 30
wunmi590:

NFCS does (Nigeria Federation of Catholic Student Does) 😜
uniben days.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by tuzle(m): 10:56am On Apr 30
Bodyoncheche:
Ighalo the football player now does politics?

cc lukman amuda
joseph adeloye
bamidele damilola
how does ighodalo and ighalo looks the same?

3 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Bizibi(m): 10:57am On Apr 30
Pdp will lose if Abuja is interested in the state and as for now presidency hasn't shown interest.

2 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by mankan2k7(m): 10:57am On Apr 30
Q
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by Nahunger(m): 10:58am On Apr 30
grin

Everyday drama upon drama
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by OkoRemi2023(m): 10:59am On Apr 30
The way things are going in Edo state, the election victory is becoming unpredictable

My own opinion, If Shuaibu work for Akpata which I doubt but let's assume he work with Akpata, it will make PDP losing the election to be faster

If Shuaibu work with APC, ighadalo should just erase his mind from getting victory in this forthcoming election

Ighadalo is contesting against Tinubu led fg, in the sense that they rubbish him in the last election and Tinubu is not Buhari that leave his party man to their fate

Ighadalo is contesting against PDP stalwarts that are tired of Obaseki emperorism in Edo PDP

Ighadalo is contesting against those that decamped from PDP because of Shuaibu

If Edo youths largely back Olumide Akpata as youth hold 40-45 of electorates. He's contesting against the youth

Then he's contesting against the incumbent party at the federal level

He's contesting against incompetence of Obaseki in Edo state

Ighadalo winning this forthcoming election is under probability

7 Likes

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by garfield1: 10:59am On Apr 30
Bizibi:
Pdp will lose if Abuja is interested in the state and as for now presidency hasn't shown interest.

They have sir just that it was subtle

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by ednut1(m): 11:02am On Apr 30
Abeg for the APC candidate. I never see any video of him talking o

1 Like

Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by DeZoro(m): 11:07am On Apr 30
Shuibu is nobody in Edo politics. He is seeking for relevant.
Re: Ighodalo to Shaibu: I had no involvement in your removal as Deputy-Gov by abobote: 11:08am On Apr 30
Shaibu should rest, there is no his going to win this fight

(1) (2) (Reply)

Go After Sponsors Of Killers, Stop Accusing Us - Northeast Youths Tells FG / Subsidies: Sls Replies Critics. A Must Read / Youthful And Childhood Pictures Of Nigerian Heroes And Villains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.