Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. (4067 Views)

Atiku And Wife Register For National I.D Card At Thier Abuja Residence / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
More Ghanaian women beating thier husbands!

NEW. Watch live television from Ghana plus the latest Ghanaian movies.
The number of domestic violence cases reported by men against women in Accra is increasing, while those reported by women against men are on the decline.

According to statistics available at the Accra Regional Office of the Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit (DOVVSU) of the Ghana Police Service, between January and August 2007, 150 cases were reported by men, as against 116 cases for the whole of last year.

On the other hand, 2,380 cases were reported by women between January and August 2007, as against 3,484 cases reported by women within the same period last year.

According to the statistics, 49 assault cases were reported by men against women between January and August last year, as against a negligible figure in the previous years, while assault cases reported by women against men dropped from 1,902 between January and August 2006 to 1,420 within the same period this year.

On reported cases of threat against women, the statistics showed a decline from 482 between January and August 2006 to 152 within the same period this year, while rape cases also dropped from 142 in 2006 to 89 in 2007.

Reported cases of defilement decreased from 482 in 2006 to 255 in 2007, while cases of abduction reported also declined from 148 in 2006 to 76 this year.

Furthermore, reported cases against men who exposed their children to harm dropped from 86 within the same period last year to 63 this year, while cases of indecent assault against men dipped from 47 in 2006 to 32 in 2007.

With regard to reported cases on offensive conduct against men, the figure declined from 192 last year to 121 this year, while cases of incest also dropped from three to two.

The statistics indicated that more men were reporting domestic violence cases at DOVVSU. Between January and August this year, some of the cases reported by men against women were threat, 18; offensive conduct, 28; stealing, 14; exposing children to harm, 10; causing harm and damage, 15; failing to cater for children, five; attempted abortion, two; sexual harassment, three, and abduction, six.

According to officials of DOVVSU, although more men were beginning to report cases of domestic violence to the unit, they were nevertheless shy of appearing in court, as a result of stigmatisation.

Last Monday, a man was reported to have walked into the offices of DOVVSU in Accra with blood oozing from his nostrils and face to report a case of assault on him by his wife.

He was said to have told the police that his wife had been beating him for a long time but now he had decided to report the matter to the police so that she did not kill him.

According to the Public Relations Officer of Accra DOVVSU, Inspector Irene Oppong, in some instances, the men who reported the cases looked capable of beating their wives who assaulted them but they preferred reporting the matter to exacting revenge.

She attributed the growing confidence men had in DOVVSU to outreach and awareness creation programmes undertaken by the unit to sensitise the public to the fact that the unit did not exist only for women.

Inspector Oppong said men had now realised that everyone could be a victim of domestic violence and so they were no longer ashamed to report cases to the unit.

According to her, the cases of sexual harassment were normally about women who wanted to go back to their men after a broken relationship. She said against the wish of the men, "come-back" women resorted to calling the men on phone and visiting them in their offices.

Inspector Oppong said with regard to cases filed against women for lack of care, it was observed that although the men provided money for the upkeep of their chi1dren, their wives used the money for other purposes.

She said in other instances, some women packed out of their matrimonial homes and abandoned their babies.

Source:
Daily Graphic
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag, php?ID=131079
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2007
lol. grin
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by SiropMiel(f): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2007
what can be said here

, dem some bold women?
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
Actually, I am not surprised. Some Ghanaian women are toughies because they have masculinity in them.kenke power. grin
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Iman3(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2007
@pilas

Are you saying Ghanaian women are Igbos?
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2007
i said kenke not Akpu.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
Some Ghanaian Women have nice body,but their face is not cute. lipsrsealed
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2007
Akpu or kenke, both nasty.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by ssRhino: 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2007
I personally think it is cos there are more lazy ghanians out there than their female one, i know a ghanian couple in canada, the husband told the wife to go to work and he will stay home and look after the kids so that they wont have to pay too much money for daycare, i guess such man should not only be beaten, but cut his mojo off.

Another one is jobless and the wife got him a job where he works, and could you blv that dude said, the kinda job is below his standard, and for the last 15 years, the woman has been taking care of all the expenses in da house, with 4 kids, common, most of them are just nothing but lazy negros

2 Likes

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by BlackMamba(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2007
@Idiot-Man
I'm just wondering how your obvious silly mind managed to relate this topic to your sick Igbophobia.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by pilas: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2007
wink
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by afrodixie: 1:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
pilas:

Akpu or kenke, both nasty.

he he he he he he he he! grin Ghana Must Go----forward! cool

@Topic-----about time some men felt the shape of our fists on their arses!  Love it! grin
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Buruntashi: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2007
Please join the "Ghanaian society for the prevention of cruelty to men".
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by lodcoat: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2007
@Idiot-Man
they are bold than any yoruba woman and may be they came from ajegunle in lagos or under the bridge of lagos or they smoke igbo before confronting their husband
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Uche2nna(m): 1:17am On Dec 18, 2007
:d
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by folahann(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2007
I will never take a look at any Ghanaian lady not to even talk of talking to them

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by IykeD(m): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2007
Hey! I had plans of visiting Ghana soon, with this story, i may have to think twice.

1 Like

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by dot2002(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2007
i love to beat my husband black and blue one day cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by folahann(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2007
Infact, may be i will not be going back to Ghana when i come home for Christmas
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by EmekaNaija(m): 1:32am On Dec 19, 2007
@I-Man

Are you saying Ghanaian women are Igbos?

Do you ever read what you post? So nasty. Igbofobia is becoming a dangerous disease in Nigeria. But as they said, he who blesses the Igbos shall be blessed but he who curses or think evil about the Igbos is damned already. It is in the bible. Check page 750.

3 Likes

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Jakumo(m): 6:18am On Dec 19, 2007
In a typical Ghanaian marriage, the wife is built like a Hippopotamus while the husband has the stature of an emaciated mouse. Don't ask me why that weight advantage always goes to the woman in Ghanaian marriages, but that is the way it is. Maybe Ghanaian men like to be able to hide behind ONE of their wife's thighs whenever debt collectors come visiting.

Anyway, one does not be a boxing promoter to guess at the outcome of a Ghanaian domestic dispute between the hippo and the mouse, so the speculation need only focus on the severity of the husband's injuries and humiliation when the dust settles.

3 Likes

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by NihilceM: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2007
IykeD:

Hey! I had plans of visiting Ghana soon, with this story, i may have to think twice.

What is the problem with a goat being beaten?

modified *too mean*
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by cuteNhot(f): 12:08am On Dec 25, 2007
Jakumo:

In a typical Ghanaian marriage, the wife is built like a Hippopotamus while the husband has the stature of an emaciated mouse. Don't ask me why that weight advantage always goes to the woman in Ghanaian marriages, but that is the way it is. Maybe Ghanaian men like to be able to hide behind ONE of their wife's thighs whenever debt collectors come visiting.

Anyway, one does not be a boxing promoter to guess at the outcome of a Ghanaian domestic dispute between the hippo and the mouse, so the speculation need only focus on the severity of the husband's injuries and humiliation when the dust settles.

i just sent your post to some Ghanaians.
so expect them to come and defend their honor.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 08, 2013
cute_N_hot:
i just sent your post to some Ghanaians.
so expect them to come and defend their honor.
still waiting for them.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Buruntashi: Please join the "Ghanaian society for the prevention of cruelty to men".
say no to violence towards men grin

But e better like ds, Jim iyke don suffer!! Na im dey slap women before, dt ghanian chick go finish am! Na im go beg for 'diforce'! grin
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by bornosheikh: 8:21am On Jun 08, 2013
Some Ghanian women are very strong and fierce O! Imagine two Michael Essien's joined together at the hip = na one plantain seller in Accra market. Some of the men are very strong two, but the slim/skinny ones no get chance, at all.

Plus Ashanti culture is matriarchial in the sense women pass on names, have more power than any women in tribes in Nigeria. Ghanian women are very industrious, that is well known and through their economic vibrancy can tend to eclipse the guy.

No wahala!

Dem like fierce, pro-active, aspirational Naija man well though...Na London...na Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Salone women dem price Naija women out of the market. Go Hertfordshire, there is one Naija man - Sierra Leone woman village there.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2013
Jakumo: In a typical Ghanaian marriage, the wife is built like a Hippopotamus while the husband has the stature of an emaciated mouse. Don't ask me why that weight advantage always goes to the woman in Ghanaian marriages, but that is the way it is. Maybe Ghanaian men like to be able to hide behind ONE of their wife's thighs whenever debt collectors come visiting.

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Jakumo: In a typical Ghanaian marriage, the wife is built like a Hippopotamus while the husband has the stature of an emaciated mouse. Don't ask me why that weight advantage always goes to the woman in Ghanaian marriages, but that is the way it is. Maybe Ghanaian men like to be able to hide behind ONE of their wife's thighs whenever debt collectors come visiting.

no wonder our ambassador said it that they (ghanian)men can be very very lazy. That's why they were lazy to start businesses. Nigerian men came on board to boost their trade that they are not used to. They later realise they have been sideline, they started protesting for Nigerians to leave their shops to them free and go back to their country.
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by RickyRoss1(m): 11:37am On Jun 08, 2013

Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by ifyalways(f): 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Kwasia asem news cheesy
Jakumo,master how e be you?
Re: More Ghanaian Women Beating Thier Husbands. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
Women abusing men, lawd, what's this

(1) (Reply)

U.s., Europe Urge Nigeria To Respect Constitution / You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN / Exposed!! Arewa's Plan 'b'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.