Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous (25782 Views)

DPO Slaps Oyo Tailor, Charges Him To Court Over Poor Job / See What Ladies Wear These Days To Burn Belly Fat / See The Perfect Description Of Girls These Days (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Father4all: 10:23am On May 01
What Jean is 20k?Abeg, park well
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by AOB1: 10:24am On May 01
cool
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Mikespecialone(m): 10:25am On May 01
Blaze14k:
I hardly dash people money

Dashing people money does not mean you are a good person

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by NoniblaqStore(m): 10:25am On May 01
Interesting piece
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by FireUpNow(m): 10:26am On May 01
Testiebobo:
In this life not everybody you see really deserves a helping hand. I can tell you that some poor people are proud than some elites.
We once had a neighbour who we were very close to. As in family-friends. So one day i saw the trouser that my friend was wearing, the trouser was under-sized for him because he had grown taller than the trouser's length. And that is even one of his best trousers he wore to church.

So one day i picked some of my favourites clothings and jeans trousers even palm shoes. I ironed the clothes and some trousers and presented it to him. He was very glad and happy and showed his mum, the woman pretended to be happy about it sha.

But till date, i have never seen my friend wearing anyone of them. The thing pain me o because i still loved the clothes and shoes i gave him. I am even confused maybe it is my friend or his mother that are ingrate. What do you call this type of attitude?

Happy new month!

You did a very good deed. God will reward you for your assistance. I bet you that the guy you gave the clothes wanted them and is willing to gaj up with those nice clothes but the mother is the obstacle. But one thing I want you to know is that be careful dashing out the clothes you have wore before to people. Life is very wicked brodaly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Truthsandtrusts: 10:26am On May 01
Testiebobo:
In this life not everybody you see really deserves a helping hand. I can tell you that some poor people are proud than some elites.
We once had a neighbour who we were very close to. As in family-friends. So one day i saw the trouser that my friend was wearing, the trouser was under-sized for him because he had grown taller than the trouser's length. And that is even one of his best trousers he wore to church.

So one day i picked some of my favourites clothings and jeans trousers even palm shoes. I ironed the clothes and some trousers and presented it to him. He was very glad and happy and showed his mum, the woman pretended to be happy about it sha.

But till date, i have never seen my friend wearing anyone of them. The thing pain me o because i still loved the clothes and shoes i gave him. I am even confused maybe it is my friend or his mother that are ingrate. What do you call this type of attitude?

Happy new month!

Not their faults as well, because they day fear weather you want to take their stars and lucks for ritual....they are Greatful and also scared of your mission....

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Dennisochampa: 10:28am On May 01
U don do werin u feel say e be good...
Take your eyes off...
Why are you monitoring what he wears because you gifted him something??

Before u gave him, he was living and even if u don't give him anymore, he will still live so take your eyes off...
U don do God own for inside.... Leave the rest to God and the young man.... E no concern u again but if u feel funny... Go and collect what you gave him and let us have peace here.....

Why u go give person something, u come dey monitor am join?

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Basicend: 10:28am On May 01
Testiebobo:

Happy new month!

Your understanding is the issue sir.

Once you have shown love, God has seen your heart. Move on.

It is the intent of your heart that matters to God and that is what he will reward.

David wanted to build God's house, and God saw the intent, and made a covenant with David even thou he did not allow him to build the temple coz too much blood was on his hands via wars.

Help many people as your spirit leads, regardless of what we are seeing in the society, coz anytime God wants to lift you, he puts a man before you to lift.

Same applies to offering, pledges etc.
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by coputa(m): 10:28am On May 01
Testiebobo:

Happy new month!
The best and appreciable way to help someone is for him or her to request for it
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Dennisochampa: 10:29am On May 01
Nazgul:

1 pair of stock jean is currently 20k at Mandilas in Lagos, long sleeve shirts is about 15k, shoes starts from 35k and above.

Imagine giving someone all that and he disposes it in the trash and you're here saying his way no pure.

Do you know what it takes to give out clothes that are still very useful to you in this Tinubu's era and the gift isn't appreciated?

Some of you just condemn people recklessly without putting yourselves in their position.

Oga... I don dash person something worth even more and I commot eye... Why must you monitor him??

The fact you even referred to his family is enough to tell us the kind of a person you are.... No help anybody again
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by WantsandMore: 10:30am On May 01
Testiebobo:

Happy new month!
Just because a gift isn't appreciated doesn't mean it's useless.
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Gboom: 10:30am On May 01
You rendered an unsolicited help, the boy you are trying to help did not ask you for it.

I remembered two people giving me expensive shirts they have worn before, I felt embarrassed because both of them were taller than me, secondly, I did not ask them to give me and I even has the means to buy those shirts too

3 Likes

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Dennisochampa: 10:30am On May 01
Because of jeans and shirt na im you refer to a full family as poor?

Tomorrow u will go to church, lift up your hands, sing praises and give testimony that you gave some poor people clothes.... May God forgive u and give you the wisdom to do good without eye service or monitoring those u do good for

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by goshee: 10:31am On May 01
nifemi25:
Definitely this is not help.... Something you did while expecting thanks is not an help... Either he wore the cloth or not shouldn't be your problem.... You have done your best for him and why not wait for God to reward you.... You never can tell the guy might cherish the cloth to the extent of keeping it as one of his best cloth that need to be wear while going to an important occasion...simply because you haven't seen the guy put on the cloth doesn't means he didn't appreciate...
For your information, God does not reward anyone for anything done wether good or bad. The only benefit of giving is to see that people are happy because of you. If God rewards our actions, our politicians wouldn't have lived to see their children but their children instead will grow up to rule over us again.

Infact if I am discussing with you and you mention God, that's the end of the discussion because you are still brainwashed.

When I give you something I value so much, I'd like to see you use it. That's why you wouldn't discard what your wife of girlfriend gets for you as gifts because she will always want to see it in your body if it is wears.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Xplicit1(f): 10:31am On May 01
So because of dis singular experience u now conclude dat helping the poor is dangerous.
Do u know if d clothes and shoes u gave him didn't size him? (Undersize or oversize)
How many poor have u helped and were they all ungrateful?

Abeg if u want to help people pls help and stop poisoning other people's mind from helping.
Thanks.
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by latonione: 10:32am On May 01
Spiritually especially some Africa ethnic group, is not really good to wear clothes given to you, most importantly, from persons you know. So, don't blame your friend because they see the world different fr your.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Niftish: 10:32am On May 01
Go read what the bible says about giving,don't let your right hand know what you did for the left.And by the way,why must you be watching out for when he puts on the clothes?
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by ForValour: 10:32am On May 01
lol
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Blaze14k: 10:33am On May 01
Mikespecialone:

Dashing people money does not mean you are a good person

There are certain people in position of need I can genuinely help. Most people don't appreciate it
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by jedisco(m): 10:34am On May 01
Testiebobo:
In this life not everybody you see really deserves a helping hand. ...

You should have given him new clothes

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Mikespecialone(m): 10:34am On May 01
Blaze14k:

There are certain people in position of need I can genuinely help. Most people don't appreciate it

You are right
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Nitah1: 10:35am On May 01
nifemi25:
Definitely this is not help.... Something you did while expecting thanks is not an help... Either he wore the cloth or not shouldn't be your problem.... You have done your best for him and why not wait for God to reward you.... You never can tell the guy might cherish the cloth to the extent of keeping it as one of his best cloth that need to be wear while going to an important occasion...simply because you haven't seen the guy put on the cloth doesn't means he didn't appreciate...
Where did he said he expected thank you in return?

He said the foool do not wear those clothes but instead thrash them.
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Antoeni(m): 10:36am On May 01
Highly Dangerous, Don't Dare

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Nitah1: 10:36am On May 01
Some people are poor and proud. grin
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Mpanyi: 10:36am On May 01
You have given them out. So what's your business them? They are no longer yours.
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Deleolu75: 10:38am On May 01
Let me list the noba of people I helped one time or the other and dey all behave the same wey .they didn't no one another ooo
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by IamAtAnger: 10:40am On May 01
You say u help person .. u come still dey monitor am?.. no be witchcraft be that?
Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Dragunz: 10:40am On May 01
Jashub:
So you stopped doing good just because of one person's actions....? Your way no pure I swear

Some of you are so daft, did he tell you he stopped doing good? Where all these kids come from sef grin

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by FatherChrlsmas: 10:41am On May 01
Help everyone you can help. Ignore the ones you are not capable of assisting. Just do your own.
Atleast when you gave him the clothes your friend and his mother showed happiness about it.
That should be satisfying enough either he wears it or not

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by frankson1(m): 10:43am On May 01
Some people don't like using old clothes from others who are not family. Infact, there are some family members they don't collect old clothes from.

You should identify people like this and give them new clothes if you can afford them.

1 Like

Re: Helping The Poor These Days Is Very Dangerous by Realdeals(m): 10:44am On May 01
They could think it's a ploy to used his destiny.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Miss Plus Size Nigeria 2012 (Pictures) / Innovative Footwears From Recycled Tires. / Authentic Wristwatches Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.