Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics (1486 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Lagos-calabar Coastal Road: Landmark, Govt Mull Win-win Solution To Avoid Demoli / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 7:30am On May 01
Look at the old alignment with thousands of homes that the government left alone because there are too many homes to demolish and massive compensation to be paid.

Do you demolish thousands of homes and render thousands of people homeless or protect just one man's business at the expense of thousands of homes with men women and children.?

I think the government made the right decision.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Antoeni(m): 7:36am On May 01
If It Was In China,
By now You will be in jail without trial.
When whiping up sentiment from The people against your government for a legacy project that will open doors for millions of citizens.
Disingenuous!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Jogs1900: 7:39am On May 01
Thanks for bringing this up..I'm sure the value of the buildings and businesses that would have been affected will be more than $100m.When Anambra state government demolished igbo peoples buildings along the River bank few weeks ago, we didnt hear pim..They will not even be compensated..The government took the best decision.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/building-collapse-anambra-demolishes-2000-shops/%3famp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 7:42am On May 01
The old place seems cheaper besides the road could have started from the outskirts of Lagos.

Una don dey justify this calculated attempt to ruin someone's massive investment.
idealogical:
Look at the old alignment with thousands of homes that the government left alone because there are too many homes to demolish and massive compensation to be paid.

Do you demolish thousands of homes and render thousands of people homeless or protect just one man's business at the expense of thousands of homes with men women and children.?

I think the government made the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 7:48am On May 01
DMerciful:
The old place seems cheaper besides the road could have started from the outskirts of Lagos.

Una don dey justify this calculated attempt to ruin someone's massive investment.

So, it's cheaper to demolish the thousands of homes along the old road on the left, render thousands of people homeless and pay massive compensation than the empty land and the new alignment on the right?

Sometimes I wonder about you people, you live and exist in your weird alternate reality.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 7:49am On May 01
Which thousands of homes? Common, stop exaggerating to push a narrative. That corridor is not long and few houses
idealogical:

So, it's cheaper to demolish the thousands of homes along the old road on the left, render thousands of people homeless and pay massive compensation than the empty land and the new alignment on the right?

Sometimes I wonder about you people, you live and exist in your weird alternate reality.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Jogs1900: 7:50am On May 01
DMerciful:

How is it cheaper? Do you know how many buildings would have been demolished if it's not aligned?
Btw, who sold the beach to Landmark? If he has the necessary approval, the minister an igbo man has given assurance that they are going to compensate everybody.
Do you know Soludo demolished several buildings along the River Niger recently without any uproar and no compensation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 7:53am On May 01
The minister an Igbo man.....now they'd say an Igbo man demolished his business and not Tinubu
Jogs1900:

How is it cheaper? Do you know how many buildings would have been demolished if it's not aligned?
Btw, who sold the beach to Landmark? If he has the necessary approval, the minister an igbo man has given assurance that they are going to compensate everybody.
Do you know Soludo demolished several buildings along the River Niger recently without any uproar and no compensation.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by tommy589(m): 7:53am On May 01
Who wears the shoe knows wear it pinches. I can not imagine the feelings of the property owners of old and new alignment when demolition comes.

Compensation should not be delayed. I hope government adopts the immediate compensation process of the Chinese company handling railway projects

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by SuperEagles: 7:56am On May 01
Are you Igbo ?

DMerciful:

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 7:57am On May 01
Why are you asking? I'm Igbo, I'm Deltan, I'm SS, I'm Niger Deltan, I'm Biafra.

As an Igbo man from Delta, I belong to these groups
SuperEagles:
Are you Igbo ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Jogs1900: 7:58am On May 01
DMerciful:
The minister an Igbo man.....now they'd say an Igbo man demolished his business and not Tinubu
Don't you trust your brother the igbos man again?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 8:01am On May 01
Hand of Esau, voice of Jacob.

Amaechi was used to remove GEJ, from same state
Jogs1900:

Don't you trust your brother the igbos man again?

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by tommy589(m): 8:10am On May 01
DMerciful:
Hand of Esau, voice of Jacob.

Amaechi was used to remove GEJ, from same state

grin grin grin

This your version of history is incomplete. You should start from the beginning and include how Jonathan and his wife used Wike and Mbu to frustrate Amaechi out of PDP

5 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 8:10am On May 01
DMerciful:
[b]Which thousands of homes? [/b]Common, stop exaggerating to push a narrative. That corridor is not long and few houses

Are you blind or you are just playing blind for obvious reasons?

12 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by SuperEagles: 8:13am On May 01
I ask so I can understand why you reasoning so foolishly n now I do so we are all good.

DMerciful:
Why are you asking? I'm Igbo, I'm Deltan, I'm SS, I'm Niger Deltan, I'm Biafra.

As an Igbo man from Delta, I belong to these groups

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 8:14am On May 01
Another economic reason to avoid the old alignment is the fact that the countless homes and businesses along that route pay more in property taxes and fees than LANDMARK and beach resorts combined.

12 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Macphenson: 8:39am On May 01
You made a design, people flouted it, you left them and started demolishing the properties of those who followed your design.

No be witchcraft be that?

The red line is the initial design, the yellow line is the diversion.

Why the change in alignment?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 8:49am On May 01
Macphenson:
You made a design, people flouted it, you left them and started demolishing the properties of those who followed your design.

Who are you people deceiving with your deceptive photo?

Below is what's at the end of the old alignment you are parading around with, thousands of houses hence the government moving to the right to continue with the road.

No serious or sensible government will destroy thousands of homes and render thousands of people homeless and pay massive compensation just because of one man's business...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 8:59am On May 01
Faceless forum so you can run your mouth
SuperEagles:
I ask so I can understand why you reasoning so foolishly n now I do so we are all good.

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 9:00am On May 01
Commin, can't you do simple measurement? There is no thousands of houses in that short strip
idealogical:

Are you blind or you are just playing blind for obvious reasons?

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 9:01am On May 01
Frustrate out of PDP? Is that a position?
tommy589:

grin grin grin

This your version of history is incomplete. You should start from the beginning and include how Jonathan and his wife used Wike and Mbu to frustrate Amaechi out of PDP
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 9:12am On May 01
DMerciful:
Commin, can't you do simple measurement? There is no thousands of houses in that short strip

Is it not common sense that the road and the houses started before and extend father down tham what the picture allowed? Even the tons of houses we are looking at in the picture is enough reason to stay away from the old alignment and instead use the empty track on the right?

Or you just want them to leave the empty track on the right where there's nothing to demolish but demolish houses on the left?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 9:13am On May 01
I have seen the full stretch while you're assuming
idealogical:

Is it not common sense that the road and the houses started before and extend father down tham what the picture allowed? Even the tons of houses we are looking at in the picture is enough reason to stay away from the old alignment and instead use the empty track on the right?

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Ikaeniyan0: 9:15am On May 01
Antoeni:
If It Was In China,
By now You will be in jail without trial.
When whiping up sentiment from The people against your government for a legacy project that will open doors for millions of citizens.
Disingenuous!
He's not whipping up sentiment against the government, you're not just getting his message

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by idealogical: 9:17am On May 01
DMerciful:
I have seen the full stretch while you're assuming

I know you're lying, but what's at the end of the road in the the pic, name the area and where the road ends.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by DMerciful(m): 9:22am On May 01
I don't have time for this
idealogical:

I know you're lying, but what's at the end of the road in the the pic, name the area and where the road ends.
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Misterone: 9:27am On May 01
All these brouhaha because an Igbo man is involve. Buildings have been destroyed and compensation paid before so why the noise now?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by Ikaeniyan0: 9:49am On May 01
Macphenson:

Show me one major building that has been destroyed along the Lagos calabar coastal road
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by chopnaira: 11:17am On May 01
Misterone:
All these brouhaha because an Igbo man is involve. Buildings have been destroyed and compensation paid before so why the noise now?
Victim mentality. The Oniru with several more properties and Bola Ariyo of Mami beach are not complaining bitterly. It's always the people with an inbuilt victims mentality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by seanfer(m): 11:22am On May 01
DMerciful:

You are joking right?
Re: Lagos - Calabar Coastal Road. Old And New Alignmen. What Would You Do?. Pics by seanfer(m): 11:23am On May 01
SuperEagles:
Are you Igbo ?

Please leave his tribe out of this, He is just a pathetic human being.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arrest Of Charles Taylor/Failure Of Metropolitan Police / Why Is Corruption Rampant In Nigeria? / The Birth Of Tinapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.