Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

First Lady Has Done It Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady Has Done It Again! (4376 Views)

"How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari / Another Bomb Droped By Our Dear First Lady / Nigerian First Lady Mrs Stella Obasanjo Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 10:36am On Nov 21, 2011
Crying, now this is getting worst day by day, she’s not even improving on her errors and grammatical blunders.Recently she said Nigeria is our continent on STV, two months ago, she said she’ll rather die than commit sucide, and now she would donate her family on behalf of N20million Naira.
"I donate my family on behalf of #20,000,000. Thank you"
I think GEJ should put this woman in an intensive grammer class
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by ng4am(f): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2011
Go get a life, she already has one. She's ur first lady and u cant take that away from her.

1 Like

Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by kunlekunle: 11:55am On Nov 21, 2011
please get her PA to write her speech

ABC
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Kx: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2011
Not surprised at all.
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by ezeagu(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2011
Too much follow-follow in Nigeria.
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
lol
And we were told she's a UNIPORT graduate
I rest my case
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Eforce1: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2011
undecided
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by egift(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2011
Is she not the one that has been penned down for Dr. award?
Money Speaks
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by francisj(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2011
ng4am:

Go get a life, she already has one. She's your first lady and u cant take that away from her.
grin grin grin grin
ezeagu:

Too much follow-follow in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Pukkah: 2:52pm On Nov 21, 2011
Well, you may have a point in coming up with the First Lady's errors especially against the backdrop that the way she presents herself to the world, through verbal and non-verbal communication, should matter to all of us.  Afterall, she is the wife of our President.

However, you also need to take some time to fix your English troubles some of which I have highlighted below:

Boyoorisha:

Crying, now this is getting worst [/b]day by day,

You used [b]'worst'
instead of 'worse'.  Also, who's 'crying' here?

Boyoorisha:

Recently she said Nigeria is our continent on STV, two months ago, she said she’ll rather die than commit sucide, and now she would donate her family on behalf of N20million Naira.

You should have written 'Recently, she said on STV that Nigeria is our continent'.  You ought to have made up your mind if you wanted to use 'recently', which should have a comma after it, or 'two months ago'.  In essence, you need to bring your 'syntax' under control.

Also, it is 'suicide' and not 'sucide'.

Boyoorisha:

It is 'grammar' and not 'grammer'.

Need I say that you should remember to put a full stop at the end of each sentence?

Phew! Can you see how difficult it is to string correct sentences together even for someone like you who has presumably gone through an intensive grammar class?

Please be guided accordingly.

1 Like

Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
ITK, amebor international. Mr. oversabi. You're correcting the first lady when you cannot compose a simple sentence in English. Dunce.
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by lailaiwala: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
hehehehehe. people in glass houses indeed. grin
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
Apparently, the First Lady speaks better English than the losers that have made a career of mocking her.
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pukkah:

Well, you may have a point in coming up with the First Lady's errors especially against the backdrop that the way she presents herself to the world, through verbal and non-verbal communication, should matter to all of us.  Afterall, she is the wife of our President.

However, you also need to take some time to fix your English troubles some of which I have highlighted below:

You used 'worst' instead of 'worse'.  Also, who's 'crying' here?

You should have written 'Recently, she said on STV that Nigeria is our continent'.  You ought to have made up your mind if you wanted to use 'recently', which should have a comma after it, or 'two months ago'.  In essence, you need to bring your 'syntax' under control.

Need I say that you should remember to put a full stop at the end of each sentence?

Phew! Can you see how difficult it is to string correct sentences together even for someone like you who has presumably gone through an intensive grammar class?

Hey! I did not write that. That is the way they put it where I got the info. I will teach you English language!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Areosapien(f): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pukkah:

You used 'worst' instead of 'worse'.  Also, who's 'crying' here?

LMFAO!!! Owned! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2011
pro01:

Apparently, the First Lady speaks better English than the losers that have made a career of mocking her.

You guys are opening your dirty mouths to say that the first lady speaks better English than I do, check the link below. I put it exactly the way it is because I could not do editing on another person's write up

http://hotnaijanews.com/2011/11/first-lady-of-nigeriai-donate-my-family-on-behalf-of-n20million/
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Pukkah, here is the link.

http://hotnaijanews.com/2011/11/first-lady-of-nigeriai-donate-my-family-on-behalf-of-n20million/

Read it and you will find out that I put it the way it is, then you can shut up your dirty mouth
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Pukkah: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2011
Boyoorisha:

@ Pukkah, here is the link.

Read it and you will find out that I put it the way it is, then you can shut up your dirty mouth

Out of curiosity, I did check the site and this is what I found:

#Crying, now this is getting worst day by day, she’s not even improving on her errors and grammatical blunders.Recently she said Nigeria is our continent on STV, two months ago, she said she’ll rather die than commit sucide, and now she would donate her family on behalf of N20million Naira.

This is what you wrote in your first post on this thread:

Boyoorisha:

Crying, now this is getting worst day by day, she’s not even improving on her errors and grammatical blunders.Recently she said Nigeria is our continent on STV, two months ago, she said she’ll rather die than commit sucide, and now she would donate her family on behalf of N20million Naira.

What's the difference? It is below:

Boyoorisha:

So who is the author of the error-ridden portion that I highlighted in red above?

Oh, so you found it very funny and convenient to laugh and poke fun at the First Lady but you became slippery, defensive, belligerent, and uncouth when your own errors were gently pointed out to you. Isn't this hypocrisy? This is a classic case of the Golden Rule playing out.

Boyoorisha:

Hey! I did not write that. That is the way they put it where I got the info. I will teach you English language!

Seeing your challenge that you will teach me English Language, I took the liberty to go through some of your posts (which you cannot ascribe to another author or website) and what I found is eye-opening:

What's wrong with the following:
Boyoorisha:

I spend not less than 1,000 NGN per day on transport and feeding. Excluding accomodation and communication(Recharge card)

Boyoorisha:

Please people I need your advice on this issue: There is this girl that I was supposed to[b] marry but did not work out.[/b] She is now married but not happily. Each time she had a fight with her hubby, she would always tell me and ask for money for upkeep. She called me again yesterday and told me about another fight, this time the hubby almost send her parking! Now he has refused to give her money as the hubby locked the draw where he keeps money for her upkeep. She has requested for another help but I am relunctant cos [/b]I would not also take that as a man. [b]Is it right if I give her the money not for anything in return but as a help?

Boyoorisha:

On the job performance is key to any employer! Abroad or local, what matter is the ability of the candidate to solve issues with little or no supervision and get the result. I bet it with you, a 3rd class person ggn rasp faster than a 2:1 from a foreign uni in my place of work. I can't objectively recommend him for promotion even with his foreign 2:1. He is too dull!

Boyoorisha:

Bros, na fight? Don't worry six lanes will soon put an end to your suffering

At this point, English teacher, I got tired:  shocked

Boyoorisha:

Nigeria condition indeed. So every Nigerian should turn a drug pushers because of [b]Nigeria [/b]condition. [b]there are million lega[/b]l businesses you could do, all he wanted was quick money and he has sure got that!

What's your excuse for all these gaffes, English expert? If you could put a fraction of your rudeness quotient into improving your proficiency in English, your language path would not be littered with so many mistakes at a point when the number of your Nairaland posts was less than six dozens.

Now, let's even assume that you simply quoted from the website, what's the standard rule to follow when you're quoting another author or source, Mr English teacher?  If everyone had found your quote funny and started casting aspersions on the First Lady, would you have confessed that you plagiarized the passage? Would you not have taken the glory?

Listen, I am not ready to go into any exchange with your type. What I have done here is to expose your audacity, ignorance, rashness, immaturity, idiocy, empty arrogance, intolerance, childish exuberance, and barbarism.

Now, you can gerrout!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2011
Lol. Den den den, e don shele.
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2011
@Pukkah, you have got time to waste. Do something productive!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Beaf1: 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pukkah e don do na.

Simple Engrish he cant spoke! cheesy
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Pukkah: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
Boyoorisha:

@Pukkah, you have got time to waste. Do something productive!

Oh, you're already overwhelmed? I thought you had more tenacity than English proficiency. So your area of strength is in laughing at others and throwing insults, eh?

You were not wasting your time when you started poking fun at Patience Jonathan? Is this not tantamount to double standards?

Realize that your feeble attempt to divert attention to my person arrived dead on arrival. With me, argumentum ad hominem is a waste of time. cheesy

Still wanna teash grin me Engrish grin language? tongue
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Funkymallam(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2011
^
u badttt ooo. Our Engrish prof don find wrk. grin grin grin
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
lol,   Pukkah, which way "na". That dude could be someone's dad. I pity his kids. You want to correct your first lady.  Dunce. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Pukkah, in the light of the foregoing, it's obvious that you are troublesome. I think I have better things to do with my time but if you look for my trouble any futher, you will def get it!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2011
lucenzo:

lol,   Pukkah, which way "na". That dude could be someone's dad. I pity his kids. You want to correct your first lady.  Dunce. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You! Why do you have to pity my kid even if I had one?
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by violent(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2011
Making mistakes when spelling out English words is totally forgiveable, a consistent, deliberate murder of the English language is not!

I donate my family on behalf of #20,000,000. Thank you

she’ll rather die than commit sucide,

Nigeria is our continent

It beggars belief that anyone at all, much less an individual several thousands consider an icon of some sort, could confidently make these statements.  I knew already at the age of two that Nigeria wasn't a continent, I'm surprised the continent's  first lady doesn't!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Pukkah: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2011
Beaf!:

Pukkah e don do na.

Simple Engrish he cant spoke!  cheesy

Yes oh, those who preach equity must come with clean hands.

Boyoorisha:

@ Pukkah, in the light of the foregoing, it's obvious that you are troublesome. I think I have better things to do with my time but if you look for my trouble any futher, you will def get it!

I am calling your bluff. Bring your trouble dude! angry I am not someone that chickens out when trouble knocks. grin Waiting. cool
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Violent, you have spoken like a matured fellow! Leave that silly billy
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by efisher(m): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Pukkah, I hereby dub you "Poster of the day". This thread needs to be archived and used for educational purposes. It will be useful for teaching the kids the meaning of: Pot calling the kettle black.

But you wikid sha!!!
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Pukkah, blathering like the silly billy that you are. You had better save your save from the unnecessary haedache you may cause yourself
Re: First Lady Has Done It Again! by Boyoorisha: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2011
@ Pukkah, fella, have you gone to sleep or you have gone to reinforce? Nihilarian!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr. Ogbeni Is Calling Workers "Olori Buruku / APC Primaries: Vote Counting Just Commenced / PHOTO: No Light,no Good Roads In My Area In Obawole,lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.