Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,004 members, 7,845,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible (402 Views)

This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins / Can A Human Sacrifice Atone For Sins? / Here Are 70 Major Sins In Islam ( Picture ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 7:34pm On May 13
AbuTwins:

Of course i know the drills well! If I'm not mistaken the Catholics call the woman Photini of Samaria and they venerate her as a Martyr!
That's not even the issue!
The issue is the your fact that you claim they became believers!
Did they believed that Jesus will die for their sins?

I believe in Jesus too as the Samaria woman in John 4:19 where she said I can see you are a Prophet!
And when the Samarians mentions Jesus being the savior of the world - the world here means Israel (Matthew 15:24)!

Jesus was not sent to Africa not America!

This guy has no shame. U even added lies to your problem.

How can you see saviour of the world and claim it's saviour of Israel. Is world synonyms for Israel in your dictionary?

Now let me show U that the gospel of Jesus Christ is for the whole world according to Jesus own mouth.

Mat 24.14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Mat 26.

13[i] Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Like

Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:13am On May 14
SIRTee15:

This guy has no shame. U even added lies to your problem.

How can you see saviour of the world and claim it's saviour of Israel. Is world synonyms for Israel in your dictionary?

Now let me show U that the gospel of Jesus Christ is for the whole world according to Jesus own mouth.

Mat 24.14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Mat 26.

13[i] Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Where is the Biblical God's world? Is it not Israel and mainly Jewish?
Yahweh is Jewish!
He is the God of Israel.
Is this a lie? lipsrsealed
The world of Yahweh is Israel!
Jesus explained his world to you in the same Matthew 15:24, Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” (NLT)

So Jesus's world = Israel!
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:45am On May 14
SIRTee15:

When God became man in old testament, did he change.
When God appeared to Abraham Jacob and Moses in the old testament, did he change?
If he didn't why then do U think he will change in the new testament when he became Man.

If I say I become angry, does that mean I have changed to anger.

John 1
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

That God became man doesnt mean he changed to man. Learn the difference between change and become.
God said many times in the Old testament that He does not become man! He does not change!

God is not a man! Anthropomorphism is false!

Numbers 23:19:
"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

1 Samuel 15:29:
"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind."

Hosea 11:9:
"I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a human being—the Holy One among you. I will not come against their cities."

Isaiah 40:18
To whom will you liken God? To what image will you compare Him?

Isaiah 44:6-20
Thus says the LORD, the King and Redeemer of Israel, the LORD of Hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God but Me. Who then is like Me? Let him say so! Let him declare his case before Me, since I established an ancient people. Let him foretell the things to come, and what is to take place...

Jesus couldn't foretell the hour in Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Isaiah 55:8-9:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Psalm 50:21:
"These things you have done, and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you."

Job 9:32-33:
"For he is not a man, as I am, that I might answer him, that we should come to trial together. There is no arbiter between us, who might lay his hand on us both."

So God is not man and can never become man!

God does not change:

Psalm 55:19 -
"God will hear and answer them—Even the one who sits enthroned from of old— Selah. With whom there is no change, And who do not fear God."

Malachi 3:6 -
"For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed."

So when did the Lord Change?

Are U ok? Jesus as the son of God is clearly spelt out in the gospel.

Matt 16.15
Jesus said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Once Muslims are stuck, they start shouting nicene theory, Nicene theory.
I am not stuck anywhere. God get many sons in the Bible.

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9
‘You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6 - Jesus requoted this in John 10:34

Adam the son of God, Luke 3:38 grin

That was Jesus on earth. Jesus in the new testament was given authority because he wasn't physically God. That's why I said Jesus in earth wasn't God physically. The human soul of Jesus was given authority.
The Jesus on earth is the son of God NOT God the son. The Jesus on earth was never part of the trinity.
The Jesus we associate with the trinity is God the son.
Show us where the phrases "God the father", "God the son" and "God the Spirit" is written in the Bible? And i can't mention Nicene theory again! grin

John 1
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.[/quote] In the Bible, there are several instances where individuals are described as having seen God or encountered a divine being face to face. Here are some notable examples:

Adam and Eve: According to the Book of Genesis, Adam and Eve walked with God in the Garden of Eden before their disobedience led to their expulsion from the garden.

Abraham: In Genesis 18, Abraham receives a visit from three men who are often interpreted as divine beings. One of these beings speaks as God and foretells the birth of Isaac.

Moses: In Exodus 33:11, it is mentioned that "the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend." Additionally, in Exodus 33:18-23, Moses asks to see God's glory, and God allows him to see His back but not His face.

Isaiah: In Isaiah 6, the prophet Isaiah has a vision of God in the temple, where he sees the Lord seated on a throne.

Ezekiel: In the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet Ezekiel has several visions of God and heavenly beings, such as the vision of the chariot-throne.

Daniel: In the Book of Daniel, Daniel has visions and encounters with angelic beings, often in the presence of God.

Stephen (New Testament): In Acts 7:55-56, Stephen, one of the early Christian martyrs, sees a vision of Jesus standing at the right hand of God before his death.

Colossians 2 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
This one is Paul's false letter!

Even the Jews understood the concept of son of God as someone who posses the same divinity as the Father.
John 4
The Jews have "You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6 in their books! Don't they understand it?

13 The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.

14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” 15 The man went away and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

These Jewish leaders are being portrayed as being ignorant of their own books!
"You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6

And didn't Jesus said "Our father who is heaven" before in Matthew 6:9? Why didn't they try to kill him?
And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Matthew 23:9 Why didn't they try to kill him?

Na John put that Xtra Juice! grin
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 12:48am On May 15
AbuTwins:

Where is the Biblical God's world? Is it not Israel and mainly Jewish?
Yahweh is Jewish!
He is the God of Israel.
Is this a lie? lipsrsealed
The world of Yahweh is Israel!
Jesus explained his world to you in the same Matthew 15:24, Then Jesus said to the woman, “I was sent only to help God’s lost sheep—the people of Israel.” (NLT)

So Jesus's world = Israel!

I'm 100% sure even yourself knows within that u not making any sense.
All of a sudden Jesus world is Israel.

If Jesus world is Jewish why did he preach to the Samaritan village who are not Jewish.

If Jesus world is Jewish, why did the gentiles living in Galilee rejoiced when they heard the gospel

Matt 4

15 “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16 the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.”

17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

If Jesus world is Israel, which tribe were the seven sleepers described in the Qur'an? Are they Jewish?

If YHWH world is Jewish, then why would he make these proclamations?

Jeremiah 32.27
“I am YHWH, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Exodus 20.11
For in six days YHWH made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 1:35am On May 15
AbuTwins:

God said many times in the Old testament that He does not become man! He does not change!

God is not a man! Anthropomorphism is false!

Numbers 23:19:
"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

1 Samuel 15:29:
"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind."

Hosea 11:9:
"I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a human being—the Holy One among you. I will not come against their cities."

Isaiah 40:18
To whom will you liken God? To what image will you compare Him?

Isaiah 44:6-20
Thus says the LORD, the King and Redeemer of Israel, the LORD of Hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God but Me. Who then is like Me? Let him say so! Let him declare his case before Me, since I established an ancient people. Let him foretell the things to come, and what is to take place...

U didn't answer my question. If I become angry, does that mean I have changed into anger.
No where in the verse U quote did it say God can't become a man or appear like a man.
Na English dey confuse U. Look the dictionary and learn difference btw change and become.
AbuTwins:

Jesus couldn't foretell the hour in Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

This has been trashed already. Jesus on earth wasn't physically God, he was the son of God.
The bible said he grew in wisdom, Jesus choosing not to know the hour is not an issue.
Stop sounding like a crack CD.
AbuTwins:

Isaiah 55:8-9:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Psalm 50:21:
"These things you have done, and I have been silent; you thought that I was one like yourself. But now I rebuke you and lay the charge before you."

Job 9:32-33:
"For he is not a man, as I am, that I might answer him, that we should come to trial together. There is no arbiter between us, who might lay his hand on us both."

So God is not man and can never become man!
So if God can never become a man, then tell me what the patriarch saw.
When God appeared to Adam and Eve, what did they see?
When God appeared to Abraham, what did he see?
When the bible say Jacob wrestled a man and Jacob said the man was God, was he wrong?
When Moses, Aaron and 72 elders saw God and described his feet, [/b]were they wrong?
AbuTwins:

[b]God does not change:

Yes U are absolutely correct on this one, God doesn't change and can never change. The divinity in Jesus never changed. That divinity is the SPIRIT OF JESUS THAT IS FOREVER LIVING.
AbuTwins:

Psalm 55:19 -
"God will hear and answer them—Even the one who sits enthroned from of old— Selah. With whom there is no change, And who do not fear God."

Malachi 3:6 -
"For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed."

So when did the Lord Change?

I know English is hard for U but Read to comprehend. I never said God can change. I said God can become a man and this is evident all through the old testament.
God can take the form of his creation to become visible.
Not only human form but form of cloud and burning bush. He's God, he can never be limited.
Exodus 19
The Lord said to Moses, “I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you.”

Exodus 3
2 There[b] the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush[/b]. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.”

4 When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!”

AbuTwins:

I am not stuck anywhere. God get many sons in the Bible.

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9
‘You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6 - Jesus requoted this in John 10:34

Adam the son of God, Luke 3:38 grin

Jesus is the only begotten son of God. Other son(s) are metaphorical. All believers are sons and daughters of God by adoption but not begotten.
Others son or sons are ways to express relationship with God.
John 3
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

AbuTwins:

Show us where the phrases "God the father", "God the son" and "God the Spirit" is written in the Bible? And i can't mention Nicene theory again! grin

Trinity is not in the bible just like tawheed is not in the Qur'an. But the concept is seen in the bible.
God the son is the word of God in the old testament. The word of God is personified in the old testament and seen multiple times acting as God himself.

For example the word of the LORD was described as a person when talking to Abraham who called him God.

Genesis 15
After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:

“Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield,[a]
your very great reward.

2 [b]But Abram said, “Sovereign Lord,
what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit[c] my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?”

4 Then the word of the LORD came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.”

AbuTwins:

John 1
18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. In the Bible, there are several instances where individuals are described as having seen God or encountered a divine being face to face. Here are some notable examples:

Adam and Eve: According to the Book of Genesis, Adam and Eve walked with God in the Garden of Eden before their disobedience led to their expulsion from the garden.

Abraham: In Genesis 18, Abraham receives a visit from three men who are often interpreted as divine beings. One of these beings speaks as God and foretells the birth of Isaac.

Moses: In Exodus 33:11, it is mentioned that "the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend." Additionally, in Exodus 33:18-23, Moses asks to see God's glory, and God allows him to see His back but not His face.

Isaiah: In Isaiah 6, the prophet Isaiah has a vision of God in the temple, where he sees the Lord seated on a throne.

Ezekiel: In the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet Ezekiel has several visions of God and heavenly beings, such as the vision of the chariot-throne.

Daniel: In the Book of Daniel, Daniel has visions and encounters with angelic beings, often in the presence of God.

Stephen (New Testament): In Acts 7:55-56, Stephen, one of the early Christian martyrs, sees a vision of Jesus standing at the right hand of God before his death.

You are just contradicting yourself. First U claim God cannot appear as a Man yet to quote verses confirming God becoming a man. Next U claimed there's nothing like anthropomorphism.
Then tell me what did they see. Those bible verses U quote, what exactly did they see. Or U wanna cla the patriarch were suffering from charles-bonnet syndrome.
When John 1 said no man had seen God, it's talking about God's true essence which is invisible and no one has seen and will never see.

“[i] Then the LORD spoke to you from the midst of the fire; you heard the sound of words, but you saw no form—only a voice”
(Deuteronomy 4:12).

AbuTwins:

Colossians 2 9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,[/i] This one is Paul's false letter!
Bring evidence Colossians is Paul's false letter.
Anyway let me give U what Peter said about divinity of Jesus.

1 Peter 1
10 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow.

AbuTwins:

Even the Jews understood the concept of son of God as someone who posses the same divinity as the Father.
John 4 The Jews have "You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6 in their books! Don't they understand it?

13 The man who was healed had no idea who it was, for Jesus had slipped away into the crowd that was there.

14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” 15 The man went away and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had made him well.
16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

These Jewish leaders are being portrayed as being ignorant of their own books!
"You are “Elohim"(Gods); you are all sons of the Most High. Psalm 82:6
Neither Jesus nor the Jews are confused. U are the one that doesn't know the tanakh and thus confused.
Humans are called Elohim because we are made in the image of God. Man's spirit is a reflection of God's image. This makes us small gods.

Son of God is a derivation of the divine Messiah which was written and promised in the old testament. The 2nd temple Judaism coined the word son of God for this divine Messiah because they understood he will come with the full divine authority and sovereignty of God
AbuTwins:

And didn't Jesus said "Our father who is heaven" before in Matthew 6:9? Why didn't they try to kill him?
And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Matthew 23:9 Why didn't they try to kill him?
I don't think U even understand what U talking about here. Did Jesus call anyone else Father apart from God? U talking nonsense here...out of point.

AbuTwins:

Na John put that Xtra Juice! grin

According to AbuTwin who can't explain questions without denying or fabricating outright lies.

Now back to that passage. This incident happened on a Sabbath day when the Jews accused Jesus of working on the day of rest.

In the book of Mark, Jesus in response to this accusation called himself the Lord of the Sabbath. Again the Jews accused him of not observing the Sabbath and he replied he's the Lord of the Sabbath.

Mark 2
27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Why did Jesus called himself the Lord of the Sabbath?
The answer will explain why Jews viewed jesus response ' I'm working on this day as my father' as blasphemy.

17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 6:53am On May 15
SIRTee15:

I'm 100% sure even yourself knows within that u not making any sense.
All of a sudden Jesus world is Israel.

If Jesus world is Jewish why did he preach to the Samaritan village who are not Jewish.

If Jesus world is Jewish, why did the gentiles living in Galilee rejoiced when they heard the gospel

Matt 4

15 “Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan,
Galilee of the Gentiles—
16 the people living in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.”

17 From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

If Jesus world is Israel, which tribe were the seven sleepers described in the Qur'an? Are they Jewish?

If YHWH world is Jewish, then why would he make these proclamations?

Jeremiah 32.27
“I am YHWH, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

Exodus 20.11
For in six days YHWH made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy

The reason is just to give them the crumbs that falls from Israel's table.

Israel is the master!
The gentiles are dogs that are meant to eat crumbs from the master's table.

This is what the biblical Jesus said to the Canaanite woman!
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 9:14am On May 15
AbuTwins:

Israel is the master!

I think this case is DONE AND DUSTED. What U doing now is denying evidence and yarning dust.
You are free to believe in your delusion.
Jesus came for the world - too many glaring evidence
YHWH is God of the whole world. It's Muhammad cup of tea if he doesn't know YHWH.
And that makes him a false prophet.
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 9:19am On May 15
AbuTwins:

Israel is the master!

Now answer my question.

If Jesus came for only the Jewish, why did the seven sleepers choose to follow Jesus as described in the Qur'an.
These 7 christians were not Jews yet followed Jesus to the point of death.
If Jesus didn't come for non-jews, explain why the Qur'an called them Christians.
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:19am On May 15
SIRTee15:

I think this case is DONE AND DUSTED. What U doing now is denying evidence and arguing against fact.
You are free to believe in your delusion.
Jesus came for the world - too many glaring evidence
YHWH is God of the whole world. It's Muhammad cup of tea if he doesn't know YHWH.
And that makes him a false prophet.

Done and dusted? lipsrsealed
Matthew 15
And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.” 23But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs. “Yes, Lord,” she said, “ even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” 28“O woman,” Jesus answered, “your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Jesus's core course is Israel!
All the gentiles are optional!
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:23am On May 15
SIRTee15:

Now answer my question.

If Jesus came for only the Jewish, why did the seven sleepers choose to follow Jesus as described in the Qur'an.
These 7 christians were not Jews yet followed Jesus to the point of death.
If Jesus didn't come for non-jews, explain why the Qur'an called them Christians.

Which seven sleepers followed Jesus in the Qur'an? lipsrsealed
Allah only said they were believers!

And the disciples of Jesus were called Muslims in the Qur'an!
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 9:29am On May 15
AbuTwins:

Which seven sleepers followed Jesus in the Qur'an? lipsrsealed
Allah only said they were believers!

And the disciples of Jesus were called Muslims in the Qur'an!

So who did they believe in? Who was persecuting them?

Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 9:46am On May 15
SIRTee15:

So who did they believe in? Who was persecuting them?

They believed in Allah as against the disbelievers persecuting them for their faith!
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 9:57am On May 15
AbuTwins:

They believed in Allah as against the disbelievers persecuting them for their faith!

Who were the disbelievers.

Who are this people in history. When and where did it happen.
Remember, it was the Jews that asked Muhammad about this people. So put it in historical context.
So who was persecuting them for their faith?
And what exactly is this faith? What's the name of the religion they followed?
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by AbuTwins: 10:11am On May 15
SIRTee15:

Who were the disbelievers.
They were not mentioned.

Who are this people in history. When and where did it happen.
We don't know and don't need to. The lesson is that Allah supports whoever has faith and put all his trust in Him! And the lesson also is that the resurrection will surely happen!

Remember, it was the Jews that asked Muhammad about this people. So put it in historical context.
Yeah, so it happened in the past before the time of Muhammad!

So who was persecuting them for their faith?
Their people who worshiped other gods are the ones persecuting them!
And what exactly is this faith? What's the name of the religion they followed?
The Faith and Religion is Islam!

We narrate unto you (O Muhammad SAW) their story with truth: Truly! They were young men who believed in their Lord (Allah), and We increased them in guidance. Qur'an 18:13

And We made their hearts firm and strong (with the light of Faith in Allah and bestowed upon them patience to bear the separation of their kith and kin and dwellings, etc.) when they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any ilah (god) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief. Qur'an 18:14

These our people have taken for worship aliha (gods) other than Him (Allah). Why do they not bring for them a clear authority? And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allah. Qur'an 18:15

(The young men said to one another): "And when you withdraw from them, and that which they worship, except Allah, then seek refuge in the Cave, your Lord will open a way for you from His Mercy and will make easy for you your affair (i.e. will give you what you will need of provision, dwelling, etc.)." Qur'an 18:16
Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 11:06am On May 15
AbuTwins:
They were not mentioned.

We don't know and don't need to. The lesson is that Allah supports whoever has faith and put all his trust in Him! And the lesson also is that the resurrection will surely happen!

Yeah, so it happened in the past before the time of Muhammad!

Their people who worshiped other gods are the ones persecuting them!
The Faith and Religion is Islam!

We narrate unto you (O Muhammad SAW) their story with truth: Truly! They were young men who believed in their Lord (Allah), and We increased them in guidance. Qur'an 18:13

And We made their hearts firm and strong (with the light of Faith in Allah and bestowed upon them patience to bear the separation of their kith and kin and dwellings, etc.) when they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any ilah (god) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief. Qur'an 18:14

These our people have taken for worship aliha (gods) other than Him (Allah). Why do they not bring for them a clear authority? And who does more wrong than he who invents a lie against Allah. Qur'an 18:15

(The young men said to one another): "And when you withdraw from them, and that which they worship, except Allah, then seek refuge in the Cave, your Lord will open a way for you from His Mercy and will make easy for you your affair (i.e. will give you what you will need of provision, dwelling, etc.)." Qur'an 18:16

Mr Man these young men's religion couldn't have been Islam. They were not Muslims. They never called themselves Muslims.

History tells Us they were Christians who defied the Roman emperor. They called themselves Christians- followers of Jesus Christ.

Jewish brought the story for Muhammed, It's not from Allah. So don't come here with some divine revelation story.

It's a story people had been telling each other for centuries and Jews wanted to know if Muhammed knew about it.

My question remain valid. Why did the 7 sleepers follow Christ if they were not Jewish.

Re: Personal Responsibility For Sins In The Bible by SIRTee15: 11:15am On May 15
AbuTwins:

Done and dusted? lipsrsealed
Matthew 15
And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.” 23But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs. “Yes, Lord,” she said, “ even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.” 28“O woman,” Jesus answered, “your faith is great! Let it be done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Jesus's core course is Israel!
All the gentiles are optional!

Did Jesus say his gospel is for the whole world? Yes or No
Was he lying when he said his gospel is for all mankind? Yes or No

Jesus ministry started in Israel as a fulfilment of the messianic prophesy which states the whole world would be blessed through Israel.
Jesus while on earth established himself as that Jewish prophet who has come to fulfil that messianic mandate.
Jesus had to let the Jewish people who are familiar with the scriptures know that he is the one spoken about by the past prophets because salvation begins from the Jews.
However he made it very clear that the message he brought - THE GOSPEL is for the whole world.

And that's why he told his disciples while ascending

Matt 28

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grace Means To Be Served First Even If The Offer Will Not Go Round! Get Grace! / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Compulsory For Every Christain / John....Heavy words jesus spoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.