Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,477 members, 7,833,596 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? (1268 Views)

Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / Nigerian Navy To Establish Naval Base In Enugu State To Take Care Of SE & NC / Dokpesi: Atiku Will Vacate Office After 4 years For President Of SE Extraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by muhammaduyusufu: 5:53pm On May 06
helinues:
I am just curious about the discussion related to Lagos - Calabar coastal road projects which from some quarters most especially South East have been disagreeing about it, is it about the exemption of South East from the projects?

If that should be the case, how did the project pass through both Senate and HOA that the senators and House of reps members from South East have kept mute.

My own personal issue with the projects is the roads not passing through any of the South East states. the question is why?

Let's actually know what you people are disagreeing about the projects
Yes it is. They can't hide the jealousy and envy.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Emyogalanya: 6:38pm On May 06
Deltancapo:

They feed you for the past 60 years, they deserved than that
feed who and who when hunger want finish una for creek
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Uchek(m): 6:39pm On May 06
Thak you my brother!

Bobloco:

The worst thing you can do to your irredeemable self is to associate the criticisms against Tinubu's Lagos Calabar coastal highway of fraud with the south east. The last time I checked, Atiku, who first described it as a highway of fraud, was from the north. 

Leave the south-east alone; they have absolutely nothing to do with the criticisms against Tinubu's highway of fraud connecting Bourdillon to Lebanon.

Again, leave the south-east alone; they aren't the reason you are frustrated. Tinubu is the reason; channel your frustrations towards him and leave the south-east out of it. 
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Good2go1: 8:54pm On May 06
The bolded shouldn't come into this context at all, given that State in SS don't speak common language
Christistruth00:

Looking at the Map don’t you think Kwara should be SW?

Do SE and Cross River speak Efik?
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Christistruth00: 9:01pm On May 06
Good2go1:
The bolded shouldn't come into this context at all, given that State in SS don't speak common language

The SE speak Igbo Proper and were not Benin subjects

SS is mainly Southern Ethnic minorities
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Deltancapo: 5:29am On May 07
Emyogalanya:
feed who and who when hunger want finish una for creek

If not for the creek region, Haiti will be paradise compared to your region.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by BigkokoRep: 7:11am On May 07
Politics apart..... I personally love Buhari for a reason connected to my late dad. He's a personal admirer of Buhari due to his stoic lifestyle. But the usual political jobbers deceived him into self destruction.

There's something my guru taught me.... In making a Development Plan, in business or in life, point of reference has 50% Spread effect on others that follows it! Buhari was Asiwaju point of reference.
Buhari people cheered for years has actually crippled Nigeria finances. I'm a business man, and I know what bad, unproductive debts do to businesses. It will be highly skillful of Asiwaju to even do anything given the level of destruction carried out by Buhari.

In government business, people cheered Buhari into a fruitless venture of borrowing to finance a railroad from Daura to Niger, which has insignificant economic value. What a thoughtless wastage!

Now, the same is about to happen. Asiwaju would Finance through debt the coastal highway. Those funds would be tied down for five years according to his development Plan, with all the debt servicing to go with it. Those five years, RoI is Zero.
Now, imagine that 15 trillion on an already existing infrastructure, which has economic value such a East West road ~ powering movement of goods and services from all Igbo State through all ND States to all Yoruba State?
Also, imagine the Auchi-okene -Abuja Enugu-markudi road.... Also imagine the Benin Ore Ibadan Lagos express road?

This is what we mean, not that the coastal highway isn't great. It is. I'm already thinking of an investment to lure my European partners into making should that highway go ahead. But not anywhere near SW!!! Una too dey tribalistic!

helinues:

How can you be comparing the railway done by Buhari to connect to another country with a road project which connected within Nigeria?

Apple and Guava are not the same.

Reasonable number of you guys in the Obidients camp always have misconception about what I support or not, I don't support nonsense, I deliberately avoided the Buhari rail to Niger discussion because sense no dey. How connected is Nigeria by railway?

We know dey play one side politics bro. Spade should be a spade
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Emyogalanya: 2:50pm On May 07
Deltancapo:

If not for the creek region, Haiti will be paradise compared to your region.
so now how is your region better than others
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by gtown: 3:30pm On May 07
helinues:
I am just curious about the discussion related to Lagos - Calabar coastal road projects which from some quarters most especially South East have been disagreeing about it, is it about the exemption of South East from the projects?

If that should be the case, how did the project pass through both Senate and HOA that the senators and House of reps members from South East have kept mute.

My own personal issue with the projects is the roads not passing through any of the South East states. the question is why?

Let's actually know what you people are disagreeing about the projects
The road meant to run along the coast. And from the whole indication, no any south East State has coast as boundary.
It is their usual pure envy, and victim mentality, in addition to their hates for anything good about the country. Even though Buhari made sure the second Niger bridge was funded and completed, a project that has consumed money than any under Buhari administration, they still say he didn't do anything for the region.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by obailala(m): 4:00pm On May 07
These clowns will stop at nothing to force this into an ethnic debate.... They know that once they mention ethnicity, every chance of a sensible debate is buried and then the thieves in power have the freedom to loot however they please..... You claim theres no money to fix the existing roads that go across the south south region, yet you want to spend an imaginary N15 trillion to build a brand new road?.... You claim you're doing it for the south south, yet you're starting inside Lagos (and obviously ending inside Lagos).
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by Okwyjesus(m): 4:09pm On May 07
Deltancapo:

The roads identified Niger Delta region.

The road is a win win for south east. If Aba to PH is okay then you can easily connect.
Re: The Fury About Lagos-calabar Coastal Road, Is It About The Exemption Of SE? by paramakina202: 8:57pm On May 07
Christistruth00:

You can

You cannot welcome the one up you got but
Condemn the one for others

I never comdemned it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do You Think Many Nigerians Do Not Vote? / Again: Gunmen Attack Ekiti Lawmakers / Cbn Considers Intervention In 5 More Banks (bank PHB Ceo Refuses To Resign)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.