Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,147 members, 7,867,339 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:11 PM

Ancient Benin: Was It A City, A Kingdom Or An Empire.) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ancient Benin: Was It A City, A Kingdom Or An Empire.) (799 Views)

The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader / Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Ancient Benin: Was It A City, A Kingdom Or An Empire.) by macof(m): 9:01am On May 23
samuk:

Where did you read that Benin dynasty is of Nupe-Igala Origin.
I knew you were not properly educated but I thought you could at least read
Re: Ancient Benin: Was It A City, A Kingdom Or An Empire.) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:50am On May 23
Ghostagain:
Indeed Cesar made himself king but since kingship was not popular, he created the title emperor for himself. So he was emperor, not king, while in reality it was the same thing.

Stick to posting old maps. When you try to actually discuss history, your gaping ignorance becomes embarrassingly obvious.

Just be posting your maps and leave the actual discussion.

1 Like

Re: Ancient Benin: Was It A City, A Kingdom Or An Empire.) by Eponfergiesmall: 8:38am On Jun 18
Ghostagain:

None of them is an expert on Benin history.
Only two of them (samuk and gregyboy) actually do proper research on Benin history.
Dude, look, history is not a debate. It's a science based on research.
When I'm doing mathematics, I usually don't go out of my way to look for lunatics who do not believe that 1+1=2.

Right from the beginning of your message you showed that you are not very well educated. I've given you advise but you just can't deviate. Go and look at threads about yoruba "history", tell me where any Edo is invited to give his input ! Go and look at those about igbo "history", only Igbos are invited, same with haussa, but of course for Benin history you need to invite two yoruba supremacists who hate Benin. I guess in your mind Benin people don't have the right to own Benin heritage unlike all others who have the right to their heritage.

Look, you know what, make your thread about something other than Benin, I've had enough of people like you, just leave us and our history alone. Your purpose is not intellectual, you just want an e-war with us Edo as the people to be trolled.

Are you now crying because he called your master to come and dismantle your idu lie?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inter Tribal Marriage / Names? / Osogbo Hosts The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.