Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,540 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Finding Remote Gigs - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Finding Remote Gigs (1087 Views)

Do Programmers Find It Hard To Get Jobs/gigs Currently? / I'm Open To Internships (remote) Or Freelance Gigs / Am Finding It Hard To Learn Python Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by 99thEnemy(m): 7:38am On May 10
qtguru:

You can show them Postman , just kidding, you can record the code and you explaining and upload to Youtube.
Fiverr is saturated with India Laravel developers who are already established there.

I have lost hope there in trying to land a gig.

I just focused on building my own personal project. been working on it on and off for close to three years now.

(The project is currently offline as of now though)

Well, contributing to open-source is just the best way for me to spice up my portfolio.
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by qtguru(m): 9:20am On May 10
99thEnemy:

Fiverr is saturated with India Laravel developers who are already established there.

I hope lost hope there in trying to land a gig.

I just focused on building my own personal project. been working on it on and off for close to three years now.

Well, contributing to open-source is just the best way for me to spice up my portfolio.

Try LinkedIn search for Laravel jobs don't use the jobs on LinkedIn you will find more recruiters there
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Bongadu: 9:27am On May 10
99thEnemy:

I hope lost hope there in trying to land a gig.

You can shoot your shot at companies you'll like to get into by contributing to their open source softwares

1 Like

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 5:09pm On May 10
qtguru:

Yeah i remember busy schedule
Okay
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by strictly4data: 6:53pm On May 11
Oh
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by airsaylongcome: 7:08pm On May 11
Shomek:
Okay

In a response on one of your threads, you said "He's an old man" and "he brags a lot". I don't really care about being referred to as "old", because it's a statement of fact. I'm older than most tech folks here (I wrote my WAEC in the late 90s). However bragging? Can you clarify that?

I'm talking about this response: https://www.nairaland.com/8074532/how-old-when-started-coding#129718492

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Bongadu: 7:19pm On May 11
airsaylongcome:

In a response on one of your threads, you said "He's an old man" and "he brags a lot". I don't really care about being referred to as "old", because it's a statement of fact. I'm older than most tech folks here (I wrote my WAEC in the late 90s). However bragging? Can you clarify that?

I'm talking about this response: https://www.nairaland.com/8074532/how-old-when-started-coding#129718492

You're not old enough btw

My grandma codes and uses Linux

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 7:37pm On May 11
airsaylongcome:

Sorry for that

How old are you now ?
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by airsaylongcome: 10:53pm On May 11
Shomek:
Sorry for that

How old are you now ?

Still doesn't answer the question. What/which of my posts come across as bragging? Since reading that your statement, I've heavily reduced my comments on programming section before others see my comment/opinion as bragging. So back to the main question: "What/which of my posts come across as bragging"

As for how old I am, I'm old enough
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by qtguru(m): 11:35pm On May 11
Being old is not a crime, I am very old too. Most Americans are old and still into tech, when I was in Atlanta in my early mid 30s, I was still one of the youngest.

We should remove ageism because we will all get old, it's the value we bring that matters.

Then again, I no even dey send convo like that anymore, because when money is coming in, there's alot you will start to see as irrelevant

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by qtguru(m): 11:35pm On May 11
Editing another video tonight, Introduction to Airtable Development

4 Likes

Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 11:57pm On May 11
airsaylongcome:

Still doesn't answer the question. What/which of my posts come across as bragging? Since reading that your statement, I've heavily reduced my comments on programming section before others see my comment/opinion as bragging. So back to the main question: "What/which of my posts come across as bragging"

Stop asking these questions if you don't want wahala
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 12:00am On May 12
airsaylongcome:

Okay am sorry sir
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 12:03am On May 12
qtguru:
Being old is not a crime, I am very old too. Most Americans are old and still into tech, when I was in Atlanta in my early mid 30s, I was still one of the youngest.

We should remove ageism because we will all get old, it's the value we bring that matters.

Then again, I no even dey send convo like that anymore, because when money is coming in, there's alot you will start to see as irrelevant
Okay am sorry
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by airsaylongcome: 2:03am On May 12
Shomek:
Stop asking these questions if you don't want wahala

I don't get. Wahala? You want this to go that way?
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by GuestReader88: 3:58pm On May 12
Please, how can I buy connects on Upwork? Which Nigerian bank ATM card can I use to buy them without any issues?
Cc: qtguru et al.
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Raustin(m): 5:14pm On May 12
Already following you there
qtguru:
Also let me know what content to touch on, I want to start doing How to get into XYZ platform gigs series.

I need followers on tiktok my username is @qtguru got some ideas foe my followers
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by Shomek(m): 7:08pm On May 12
airsaylongcome:

I don't get. Wahala? You want this to go that way?
okay Sorry
Re: Finding Remote Gigs by 3exe3: 11:07am On May 15
Bongadu:

You can shoot your shot at companies you'll like to get into by contributing to their open source softwares
backend developers should delve into open source. It improves code readability, opens your mind to new ideas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

C Programming / Need A Premium Account / Between Vb6 & Vb.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.