Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians (11094 Views)

FG To Restart Direct Cash Transfers To 12 Million Nigerians / FG Begins Cash Transfers To Vulnerable Households In Kogi, Sokoto / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 11:15am On May 10
CheapHomes1:
what is the correlation between all you just said and these questions: since subsidy on kerosene and diesel was removed, has it reduced debt, reduced the burden on the poor, provided investments and jobs? how has it benefitted the poor?

Help me ask that werey

1 Like

Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by bigiyaro(m): 11:16am On May 10
Evil people, instead of creating a very condusive environment for all men to do bussiness and thrive, they will choose to impoverishe you and hand you peanuts. I don't need any peanuts from any baga! Give me cheap energy to run my production line, don't steal the taxes that I pay, use it to build good roads so that i can move my products to my customers.

1 Like

Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by khattab02: 11:18am On May 10
Honestey:
IMF are not just spying on us in the interest of world rulers, they are actually supervising our developmental level. Keeping us down and never to rise up by dictating everything to their puppets we call leaders. If IMF and World Bank are willing to see Nigeria civil servants get improved wages, you will see FG agreeing to the Labour Union proposed minimum wage now.
Gbam!!!

U have an inner eyes 👀
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 11:32am On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

But you included everyone in nigeria including me cry

Well, it was meant for others. Not for you
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 11:33am On May 10
CheapHomes1:

how is that related to this comment made by you
since subsidy on kerosene and diesel was removed, has it reduced debt, reduced the burden on the poor, provided investments and jobs? how has it benefitted the poor?

Lexy2014, answer my questions first
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 11:42am On May 10
nairalanda1:

Lexy2014, answer my questions first

when did you ask the question? was it before you made this comment or after I asked you the question after this comment? how is the question you say you asked related to this comment and the accompanying question?

nairalanda1:

Keeping subsides, means more debt, which means more burden for the poor. Remove subsides, and there is a chance of investment and jobs , which benefit...the poor.
since subsidy on kerosene and diesel was removed, has it reduced debt, reduced the burden on the poor, provided investments and jobs? how has it benefitted the poor?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 11:43am On May 10
CheapHomes1:

when did you ask the question? was it before you made this comment or after I asked you the question after this comment? how is the question you say you asked related to this comment and the accompanying question?

Good morning.

Lexy2014. Go and rest.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by imagrg(m): 11:47am On May 10
What a joke!
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 11:48am On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

Help me ask that werey

Ah , so the abuse has started.

Good morning vic.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:33pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Well, it was meant for others. Not for you

angry
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 12:34pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Ah , so the abuse has started.

Good morning vic.

U abused a lot more people
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by azimuthally: 12:47pm On May 10
Cash transfer of any kind can not solve the hardship of the masses, rather make good policies, create an enabling environment for business to strive, reduce taxes (import duty, electricity tariff, etc), diversify our economy by harnessing our solid minerals in many states and turn Sambisa forest into Federal Farm Project with the Lagoas - Calabar coastal road budget. By doing so, the economy will improve and investors will come to Nigeria and not leaving.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 12:57pm On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

U abused a lot more people

No I did not. You did.

Calling someone a werey shows how rude and petty you are.

Anyway, thanks. Good afternoon
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by grandstar(m): 1:50pm On May 10
CheapHomes1:

How has the deregulation of diesel and kerosene helped the poor?

First, they are never scarce. They are also never smuggled across the border. Even if smuggled, the Nigerian government loses nothing.

Secondly, the Naira would probably be trading at 2,500-3,000 to a $1 had the subsidies remained. Government would have to borrow the money to pay for the subsidies. This is inflationary. It also puts pressure on the foreign reserves. It has also prevented overconsumption which would have put extra strain on the foreign reserves.

Third, the privately owned refineries focus on producing diesel. They did not produce petrol as the price is subsidized. Basically, it has encouraged investment in refining these 2 products. Dangote as mighty as his refinery is, has not started supplying petrol. The petrol subsidy acts as a big dis-incentive to refiners. The marketers buy diesel and kerosene from his refinery. For the same to happen for petrol, the federal government first has to pay the market price for petrol and then instruct them to sell at the subsidized price to marketers.

Had all fuel subsidies been removed in the 80s or even 90s, I am sure by now the refining capacity of the country would be around 2m bpd.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by NairaMaster1(m): 2:36pm On May 10
enci:
How can they help in a trying time.

Not complain

IMF is wicked. How can 10k help?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 2:38pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Good morning.

Lexy2014. Go and rest.

what has rest or not resting got to do with what you asked? are u resting?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 3:12pm On May 10
grandstar:

How has the deregulation of diesel and kerosene helped the poor?

First, they are never scarce. They are also never smuggled across the border. Even if smuggled, the Nigerian government loses nothing.

Secondly, the Naira would probably be trading at 2,500-3,000 to a $1 had the subsidies remained. Government would have to borrow the money to pay for the subsidies. This is inflationary. It also puts pressure on the foreign reserves. It has also prevented overconsumption which would have put extra strain on the foreign reserves.

Third, the privately owned refineries focus on producing diesel. They did not produce petrol as the price is subsidized. Basically, it has encouraged investment in refining these 2 products. Dangote as mighty as his refinery is, has not started supplying petrol. The petrol subsidy acts as a big dis-incentive to refiners. The marketers buy diesel and kerosene from his refinery. For the same to happen for petrol, the federal government first has to pay the market price for petrol and then instruct them to sell at the subsidized price to marketers.

Had all fuel subsidies been removed in the 80s or even 90s, I am sure by now the refining capacity of the country would be around 2m bpd.

this is what I asked:
subsidy on kerosene and diesel was removed, has it reduced debt, reduced the burden on the poor, provided investments and jobs? how has it benefitted the poor?

has nigeria's debt reduced since the removal of subsidy on diesel and kerosene? what was nigeria's debt at the time subsidy on diesel and kerosene were removed and what is nigeria's debt now?

how has the no scarcity of diesel and kerosene helped the poor? how does the non smuggling of diesel help the poor? how do you know they are not being smuggled? how are they smuggled? if the FG looses nothing if products are smuggled, why then does it have people at the border to check smuggling?

pls where in my question did I ask about price of the dollar? what was the exchange rate at the time subsidy on kerosene and diesel were removed and what is the exchange rate now? what is "overconsumption"? overconsumption of what?

which private refineries are you talking about that are focusing on producing diesel? can you pls name them? which investment has been encouraged in producing kerosene and diesel? can you name the investments and the value? what are the jobs that have been produced because subsidy and kerosene were removed and how many jobs were produced?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 3:33pm On May 10
SmartPolician:
IMF, I think it's time to let you know that you cannot give what you don't have. Tinubu has nothing to offer this country
but u do ?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 3:54pm On May 10
CheapHomes1:

Lexy2014, give it a rest. Trolling others is a bad reflection of you.

You aren't a child.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by kafeii123: 4:09pm On May 10
I worry this may cause an inflationary spike ..just as the CBN governor rightly opined just recently too...but What do I know...I am not a monetary/Developmental economist so...
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by CheapHomes1: 4:35pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Lexy2014, give it a rest. Trolling others is a bad reflection of you.

You aren't a child.

how is that related to the comment you made earlier
nairalanda1:

Keeping subsides, means more debt, which means more burden for the poor. Remove subsides, and there is a chance of investment and jobs , which benefit...the poor.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by SaLongs1(m): 4:37pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Subsidy has not been removed.

Plus to get more jobs....(note that if you listen to APC , they will tell you that subsidy removal means more jobs, which is true , but is also not the whole story)...we have to become an industrial economy that exports industrial products.
So you mean Tinubu was lying on his inauguration day?
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 4:38pm On May 10
SaLongs1:
So you mean Tinubu was lying on his inauguration day?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell you what, don't believe the government at all. I learned that lesson eons ago.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:46pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

No I did not. You did.

Calling someone a werey shows how rude and petty you are.

Anyway, thanks. Good afternoon

Am 2 tired 2 extend it

besides,

ur greeting cant help me.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 4:50pm On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

Am 2 tired 2 extend it

besides,

ur greeting cant help me.

You should not let self pity be the master of your life. As you can see, it is making you look bitter. It is harming you, and you don't want to see it.

Good evening, and do calm down.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:17pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

You should not let self pity be the master of your life. As you can see, it is making you look bitter. It is harming you, and you don't want to see it.

Good evening, and do calm down.

itz not self hatred that makes me see that i need financial assistance
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 5:17pm On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

itz not self hatred that makes me see that i need financial assistance

NO, it is self pity. Don't let it beat you
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:18pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

NO, it is self pity. Don't let it beat you

itz not the problem.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by nairalanda1(m): 5:24pm On May 10
HellVictorinho6:

itz not the problem.

Then how do you expect people to help you when you come here to call them 'werey'?

Better change your attitude. Even when things get better for you tomorrow, as they will, your attitude can still make you lose it all.
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:28pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Then how do you expect people to help you when you come here to call them 'werey'?

Better change your attitude. Even when things get better for you tomorrow, as they will, your attitude can still make you lose it all.

am sorry then

can u help me with money sir?

i need it 4 feeding at least please
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by SaLongs1(m): 8:21pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Tell you what, don't believe the government at all. I learned that lesson eons ago.
Of course I never believe anything coming from the lying lips of our government officials but Tinubu is just another wicked sadist for plunging the economy into a bottomless pit with his reckless proclamation on his inauguration day
Re: IMF to FG: Scale Up Cash Transfers To Poor Nigerians by CodeTemplar: 9:15pm On May 10
Khyrvxjzy:

you will hammer till you die
You are dead already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#takeitback Movement: Pictures From Aac's Grassroots Campaign Rally In Niger / Nasiru Mu’azu Magarya's Father, 7 Others Kidnapped By Bandits In Zamfara / All Officers Due For Retirement Must Proceed – Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.