Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,103 members, 7,838,793 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers (18177 Views)

Bodies Of Ibrahim Attahiru, Others Arrive Abuja For Burial (Video) / Sowore: Soyinka, Shehu Sani, Deji Adeyanju Arrive Abuja High Court (Photos) / Buhari Visit Wounded Nigerian Army In Borno (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by merits(m): 11:20am On May 10
triple996:
The world recognise Nigeria

"Some people " will be very sad that their online country was ignored grin grin
Stop shaking the table abeg.🤣🤣
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by vibratingpenis: 11:21am On May 10
Sweetcho:

Stop being so bitter, another person stated they are highlighting the plight of wounded soldiers worldwide, of they had skipped naija you would also have something to say, Chale if you can do something to help your country or yourself gwan and start instead of complaining about their visit, lobby your politicians to do good the problems of naija are there before Harry was born

Because I replied you abi, born By mistake and a sorry product of low quality condom.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by Sweetcho: 11:38am On May 10
vibratingpenis:

Because I replied you abi, born By mistake and a sorry product of low quality condom.

So if you where born by mistake and a sorry product of low quality sperm how should it be Harry and Meghans fault? Cheer up, you're already here, just do fasting and prayer for better future ok? Keep your head up!
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by DonMarkuzi(m): 1:14pm On May 10
Kingofhoes:

Home as how?

She is 53% Nigerian.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by goodconsience77: 2:57pm On May 10
Rumundele:

You guys don't ask question to know the true story.
You will be happy when your wife is racially abuse. Because they don't want a black blood in the royal family, many events like this in Nigeria that Meghan travel with her husband prince Harry, she will be denied of using a royal red carpet.
Kate Middleton the wife of prince William has been racially abusing Meghan indirectly. Meghan is very intelligent and kate feel inferior anytime they goes for event, Meghan presentation receives thunderous applause. Kate feel not comfortable been that she is the wife of the next King. It also been proven that prince Harry is more intelligent and more active than his brother prince William
Go and read Spare written by Prince Harry.
Bro forget about distorted narrative. When u re blind with useless love of woman u can debase ur family to elevate ur lover. I once in that position until reality set on me. Women are devil incarnate.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by BeigJawnson(m): 3:18pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Has rice ever been affordable in Nigeria?

For as long as I can remember, NIgerians have always been saying 'food too cost'

Ironically, we are eating more rice than we did 50-60 years ago, when rice was only eaten once a week...on Sundays.

But golden days of Gej rice is affordable in Nigeria than what we have now... Stop misconception here just to boost your argument...
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by nairalanda1(m): 3:53pm On May 10
BeigJawnson:

But golden days of Gej rice is affordable in Nigeria than what we have now... Stop misconception here just to boost your argument...

Even under GEJ, not everyone could afford rice.

I'm not here to defend any useless government, or to praise them. I don't vote for APC, or tinubu. But let's not pretend there was a time when every Nigerian could afford big bags of rice all the time.

Most Nigerians live under the poverty line. Since independence.

The problem with our economy is simple. It is not diversified enough. If it was, people won't be suffering.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by Iamanoited: 3:55pm On May 10
😁-oni 😁-ye 😁-ye
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by Iamanoited: 3:58pm On May 10
HALF-LIONESS.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by nairalanda1(m): 4:12pm On May 10
BeigJawnson:

Here is an article from those golden days of 2011

At noon, the ever busy Obada market, Isolo was so scanty that one could count the number of marketers. The reason for this was not far fetched. The prices of foodstuffs and other essential commodities have rises in most markets across the country.

Nobody can tell what is responsible for the increase which has systematically affected sales’ of goods. As sellers cry over low demand, consumers complain of increase in food prices which prevent them from buying what they need.

This writer who monitored market prices in some state capitals noted that the prices of foodstuffs and other essential commodities, such as rice, beans, groundnut-oil, soyabeans, genuine corn, corn, palm-oil, fruits, vegetables, eggs and beverages that are in high demand during the Ramadan fast have soared.

Foodstuff prices in the market has gone too high for the average Nigerian to buy.

Could the increase have been caused because of the Ramadan season? This question was posed to one of the marketers who opined that the increase in prices of goods has been there before the inception of the Ramadan season. According to him, “Things are expensive in the market. And the Ramadan season has contributed to the fall out in demand. Everybody is complaining. We are only pleading with the Nigerian government to assist us.”

He said a bag of sweet beans goes for N25,000 as against the initial N12,000 while a bag of big brown beans sells for N17, 200 as against the former price ofN15,000. “I don’t have a bag of beans in my shop because of the price. Although, people consume beans a lot, yet it is very expensive and it affected the sales.

Now, a bag of rice is sold for N9,000 against the initial N5,000. Some people said government’s restriction from importing this particular has affected it. Further investigations show that the prices of a bag of the various brands of imported rice have gone up to between N9,500 and N10,000 as against the former price of between N7,000 and N7,500.

While some traders attributed some of the reasons for the hike in price to the Ramadan fast, the increase in the minimum wage of workers, high cost of transportation and increase in the cost of diesel, amongst others, others balmed the rising cost of fruits to “high demand during the Ramadan fast, increase in the minimum wage of workers, in addition to personal costs incurred by retailers from suppliers.”

The price of fruits like oranges, pineapples and banana has also risen with a bag of oranges being sold for between N7,000 and N7,500 from N4,000 and N5,000. A big bunch of banana goes for N700 and N1,000, while water melon remains fairly stable at N300 and N400.

The survey also showed that the price of perishable goods like tomatoes has gone up with a big basket of the commodity selling for between N19,500 and N12,000 as against the former price of between N8,500 and N9,000. Prices of frozen fish, and vegetable oil have also skyrocketed. The cost of frozen fish has increased with a medium sized fish selling for between N250 and N350 as against N130 and N180, its initial price.

Mrs. Risikat Yusuf, a fish seller, said the increment in prices of fish in the country is a bad omen. For her, “fish has never been that costly over the years to what we are experiencing now. Our fish is costly and we don’t know what caused it. Since I have been in this business, I’ve not experienced increase in prices of fish as it is now. The same amount we used to buy a carton now was used for two bags in the past. The smallest fish is between N200, N250 as against the initial price. Before it was three for N400. The patronage has changed. It is too low. The Ramadan also contributed to the downfall. Ten litres of foreign vegetable oil, which formerly sold for between N2,800 and N3,000 is now selling for between N3,500 and N4,000 depending on the brand, while a bag of big brown beans now sells for N17, 200 as against the former price ofNI5,000.

Ikechukwu Nnakwe, a trader in the town said that a tin of powdered Peak Milk now sells for N700 as against the former price ofN650.

According to him, the economy situation of the country is so unbearable that, “we don’t even know what is going on in the country again. Everything is low in terms of sales. I am confused. I don’t know if it is the economy or the Ramadan season. People are complaining of not having enough money. There is no market, yet things are expensive.”

Yaya Rabiu, a meat seller, said a cow is sold for N140,000 as against its initial price ofN80,000. He attributed the increase to the Ramadan season, saying that the price will increase because those who are dealing on it sales will be returning home for Ramadan fast, adding that meat will be costly and scarce.

The more things change, the more they remain the same

Sauce: Vanguard News, August 6, 2011
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by BeigJawnson(m): 4:43pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Here is an article from those golden days of 2011

The more things change, the more they remain the same

Sauce: Vanguard News, August 6, 2011

Nice article.. Mind you, I didn't care to read it...

Yes people complained during the golden days of Gej, but the days we are now with tinubu, are they better or worse more than that of Gej? Bag of rice during the days of Gej, few people can't afford but now, many people can't afford... Thanks for your article...

Why can't tinubu administration be more better than that if Gej?
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by nairalanda1(m): 4:55pm On May 10
BeigJawnson:

Why can't tinubu administration be more better than that if Gej?

Because at the end, your governments past and present don't want to address our problem...over reliance on oil....especially this government.

Things will not get better until we get off oil.

(P.S At least I have shown you GEJ time was not the good old days. People suffered. Heck I can tell you of how people were grumbling since the 1980's. It doesn't make tinubu any better though.).
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by BeigJawnson(m): 5:24pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Because at the end, your governments past and present don't want to address our problem...over reliance on oil....especially this government.

Things will not get better until we get off oil.

(P.S At least I have shown you GEJ time was not the good old days. People suffered. Heck I can tell you of how people were grumbling since the 1980's. It doesn't make tinubu any better though.).

You are actually right... But when we do comparison and contrast... Buhari govt is even angelic with what we have now... The worse keeps getting worst everyday...
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by nairalanda1(m): 5:25pm On May 10
BeigJawnson:

You are actually right... But when we do comparison and contrast... Buhari govt is even angelic with what we have now... The worse keeps getting worst everyday...

Again not to defend tinubu, but every government we have had has always been worse than the previous one...lol.

1 Like

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by ElSudani: 5:27pm On May 10
MrBONE2:

AND PRINCE HARRY IS A SOUTH AFRICAN HALF-CAT grin

Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by BeigJawnson(m): 5:27pm On May 10
nairalanda1:

Again not to defend tinubu, but every government we have had has always been worse than the previous one...lol.

Yes oooo... You are on track... Very correct
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by Eriokanmi: 1:57am On May 11
Rumundele:

Alaye calm down, people get upset when you conclude in your comments
Prince Harry has been to other nations to raise funds for wounded soldiers no doubt but those funds were utilised for the purpose. In Nigeria your country you thinks any fund raised will be utilized?
Nigerians will begin to have trust whenever they started doing things right. If this one turns out positive definitely they will be applauded otherwise the reverse way will be meted
The last time I checked, he wasn't coming to raise funds for wounded soldiers. Pls read the news again. What does Nigerian government have to raise abi just to collect? Harry is coming to do stuffs for wounded, rather than take from us.

I heard him speak on BBC 2 nights ago concerning their visit and their mission.
Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:57am On May 11
She was in London! Read more: https://trib.al/flFyXmT

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35am On May 11
👀 Read more: https://trib.al/E1wdCWa

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58am On May 11
Introducing Prince Harry of Nigeria... 😬 Read more: https://trib.al/pimU5b3

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On May 11
Everyone is saying the same thing... 👀 Read more: https://trib.al/qhCi4GI

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On May 12
Meghan's found her fan club! Read more: https://trib.al/6u4JNZq

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33pm On May 13
Looking good, Meghan! 🤩 Read more: https://trib.al/uec40zL

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On May 14
Inside Harry and Meghan's 'discreet' £3,000-a-night presidential suite where the couple stayed during their 'not-royal-tour' of Nigeria

43% Nigerian Meghan has declared Nigeria 'her country’ 🇳🇬 Read more: https://trib.al/ntZDrY8

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On May 14
Wow! 😱💸 Full story: https://trib.al/m5PeqRT

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06am On May 16
'It's the Me-Me-Me Markle Tour!'

Read more: https://trib.al/5bNotJY

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On May 18
Not a good look... Read more: https://trib.al/XwekCah

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05am On May 19
Murky criminal past of fraudster Nigerian king Harry hailed as one of his 'new in-laws'

He is known as the 'Funky King' 👀😬

DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30am On May 20
Harsh! 😬 Full story: https://trib.al/sQVz7CL

Re: Prince Harry, Meghan To Arrive Abuja Friday, Visit Wounded Nigerian Soldiers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On May 20
Pictures of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s latest trip reveal royal nightmare
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have just made the late Queen’s worst-case scenario come true, tossing the palace into turmoil once again.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/pictures-of-meghan-markle-and-prince-harrys-latest-trip-reveal-royal-nightmare/news-story/271c481ea94d249544e0eb94b004e218

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Blasts Boko-Haram, & Minister-of-Foreign Affairs / Edodecides: Disregard Every Result On Social Media: INEC(pic) / More Breathtaking Pictures From IPOB Rally In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.