Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

"Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono (17314 Views)

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities / Sonny Echono: FG Reached Agreement With ASUU Under Duress / Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by Love800(m): 6:47pm On May 11
Okay.
nairalanda1:

Yeah, which is kind of something I shout about on this site a lot, and why I say that all our governments, especially this one, have been bad.

Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by vibratingpenis: 6:48pm On May 11
nairalanda1:

SO, because I disagree with you, I support the corruption in government?

Okay.
You disagreed with me cutting funds from education to buying Prado SUV for the lawmakers?

1 Like

Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by nairalanda1(m): 6:54pm On May 11
vibratingpenis:

You disagreed with me cutting funds from education to buying Prado SUV for the lawmakers?

The fact is the government should not have spent money on the jeeps. There fore saying I support that bit of corruption shows how little you know of me. And also shows that apparently when someone disagrees with you, for your mind, that person supports corrupt government. Well, I don't.

The fact also is, if we directed that money to education in NIgeria it won't do much.

Our budget for education this year is one billon dollars. That is not enough, Prado money won't add much to the budget. (and is a demonstration of APC's failure to raise money). That is why tuition fees are being thought of.(And why we have to go the student loan way, even though it may fail)

It's kind of something that has been on my mind for years, since I know many university people well, and always hear about how they groan about lack of funding.

And for the record, I effing hate the facts. But the fact is, we need billions more for educaiton. It has nothing to do with politics.
Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by vibratingpenis: 6:58pm On May 11
nairalanda1:

The fact is the government should not have spent money on the jeeps. There fore saying I support that bit of corruption shows how little you know of me. And also shows that apparently when someone disagrees with you, for your mind, that person supports corrupt government. Well, I don't.

The fact also is, if we directed that money to education in NIgeria it won't do much.

Our budget for education this year is one billon dollars. That is not enough, Prado money won't add much to the budget. (and is a demonstration of APC's failure to raise money). That is why tuition fees are being thought of.(And why we have to go the student loan way, even though it may fail)

It's kind of something that has been on my mind for years, since I know many university people well, and always hear about how they groan about lack of funding.

And for the record, I effing hate the facts. But the fact is, we need billions more for educaiton. It has nothing to do with politics.

Ok
Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by drsibz66(m): 7:55pm On May 11
nairalanda1:

Unfortunately for good educaiton, citizens must bear the burden...either in heavy taxes, or student loans. Even the grants some students get are funded by heavy taxes.

As for subsidy removal,even with that, we cannot earn enough money for qaulity universites. That is why I keep shouting we have to get off oil dependency, and improve tax quality

My brother , If you still believe that Nigerians or masses must continue to bear the brunt of govts looting, incompetence, financial recklessness and arrogance then I am sorry to say you must be suffering form Stockholm syndrome.

Countries who aren't as rich as Nigeria operate free quality education up to secondary level. You can't paint the problem of the country no mater the angle you try to take.. the issue of Nigeria is bad, evil, incompetent, poor, stupid, arrogant, clueless Government.

1 Like

Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by drsibz66(m): 7:57pm On May 11
yewit37486:

I hope he replies and addresses this particular question.

He will still sat rubbish as usual. That people can still come out and support the Nigerian government even in the face of all what is happening is pathetic. Its a hopeless situation with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by nairalanda1(m): 7:58pm On May 11
drsibz66:

My brother , If you still believe that Nigerians or masses must continue to bear the brunt of govts looting, incompetence, financial recklessness and arrogance then I am sorry to say you must be suffering form Stockholm syndrome.

Countries who aren't as rich as Nigeria operate free quality education up to secondary level. You can't paint the problem of the country no mater the angle you try to take.. the issue of Nigeria is bad, evil, incompetent, poor, stupid, arrogant, clueless Government.

It's not a matter of incompetence. Even if we eradicated corruption, the fact remains we aren't making enough money

And if you follow me , that's where the government is failing

There is two ways we can get money for education. Diversify the economy which takes time , or tuition fees, which while harsh, will get money now

We have one billion dollars to spend on education before looting. If you think that is enough for all three tiers of education, then I can't help you.

P. S. Countries that are poorer than us do not have free education that is quality.
Re: "Introduce Tuition Fees In Federal Universities" - Sonny Echono by yewit37486: 8:20pm On May 11
drsibz66:

He will still sat rubbish as usual. That people can still come out and support the Nigerian government even in the face of all what is happening is pathetic. Its a hopeless situation with no light at the end of the tunnel.

It's beyond pathetic honestly. One thing I know is people will eventually reap what they sow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unn Admission / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!! / Appealing The Refusal Of A British Student Visa: Intricacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.