Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs (11213 Views)

Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries / 28 Governors Pile Up ₦‎5.8 Trillion Debts For Incoming Governments / Buhari Directs Agric Agency To Buy 5 Additional Spraying Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by UzorIyke: 7:41am On May 10
[b]
Angelfrost:
These days, it feels like Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where good news emanate from.

Rivers state has spent one year doing nothing but separating egotistical fights between their clueless governor and his predecessor.

Edo is sinking into underdevelopment while the top political class is more concerned about taking over government House.

Ebonyi and other Southeastern states apart from Anambra (and to some extent, Abia) are going nowhere fast.

South-western states are stupidly hiding their backwardness behind almighty Lagos, thinking we can't see their pathetic conditions.

As for North... Let me just be looking at those ones and be shaking my head. undecided

Tinubu this, Tinubu that... Yet the massive decline of the nation is largely due to the poor output of most states in the federation.

Light a fuse under your governors! Make them sit the fvck up... They aren't working, and it's unacceptably dragging the nation backwards.
[/b]

Nigeria will be great again
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by TBrown77(m): 7:42am On May 10
Inability to spell his or her name correctly shows where he is from omo atohunriwa . If he or she is Yoruba, he could have course spell Adeola over and over again irrespective of the level of education. Green snakes under green grass.

God bless you Adiola though you couldn't spell your name right.

Have you moved across the state?
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Kewtt: 7:43am On May 10
ishod:
Solve power problem, and provide affordable energy; 60% of unemployment will become a thing of the past

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo Or Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/ytwZ5SRrozgmdnmd6

And deport nuisances
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Bluntemperor: 7:44am On May 10
Thank you Neptu2,for availing sense into those mischievous minions,who developed hatred for Lagos State development and those who want drilling should leave their comfort zone for a visit to the Production site.
Natural Resources is God given and cannot be restricted in one Area.
Nigeria should develop it for the benefits of the Masses,not for selfish agrandesement!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by agabusta: 7:46am On May 10
Ezmans:
A whole Lagos don't have running water on it

Running water is available in some parts of Lagos. I once lived in an area wholly dependent on govt water. I never once believed that was possible in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by eepeepook: 7:49am On May 10
It still will not change anything.
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Sheriman(m): 7:51am On May 10
A Dollar is now 1500 to Naira everyone don move on nobody talk again
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:52am On May 10
I wish I could see a pic of the gas tubes shared already
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 8:08am On May 10
Paraman:
Why will they site 2 in ikorodu? Good one from the Lagos State Govt. Lagos state is producing more oil than the south east.

Do you mean South East have oil well , I thought we Yoruba said it is a landlock place
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by mamaafrik(m): 8:11am On May 10
Rashduct4luv:
Ogun state where are you?

Na God go Punish that my state governor
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 8:12am On May 10
phemmie06:

Yes , Lagos state don’t have oil well , stop believing in rumors
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 8:13am On May 10
TBrown77:
Inability to spell his or her name correctly shows where he is from omo atohunriwa . If he or she is Yoruba, he could have course spell Adeola over and over again irrespective of the level of education. Green snakes under green grass.

We have Adiola in Osun state , maybe you are not a Yoruba guy
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 8:14am On May 10
mamaafrik:

Na God go Punish that my state governor
And Seyi Mankide too

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 8:15am On May 10
UzorIyke:
[size=8pt][/size]

Nigeria will be great again
And Hausa people too
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Bluntemperor: 8:16am On May 10
Thank you Neptu2,for availing sense into those mischievous minions,who developed hatred for Lagos State development and those who want to see drilling,should leave their comfort zones,for a visit to the Production site.
•Natural Resources is God given and cannot be restricted in one Area.
Nigeria should develop it for the benefits of the Masses,not for selfish agrandesement!
• The Commissioner is yet to come clean in all this big- talk of 10 - Areas because,he couldn't show Lagosians the real Power/ Light Sector Activities,so much doubt is what we are seen.
Lagos should have Independent Power Supply - not attached to any Grid ,for the following suggestions will be a boost:
•1.Construct of Hydro- Electric Power in Epe,
•2.Construct Hydro Electric Power Station in Ikorodu and
•3.Construct Hydro Electric Power supply station in Badagry.
Since Lagos is Surrounded by Water,there is no reason why Lagosians should have Darkness everyday but can have 365- Lights to Power,the Population of over Millions Inhabitants!
•Chief Obafemi Awolowo,the Sage,once talked about the Effectiveness water usage in Lagos State,but it seems,Power was never the core centre of development.
So,what is wrong that both Past and Present govt of many States don't want to give the People light is just because they don't prepared for this Power Sector,as they consider their terms in Office as short,in government.
Lagos State should take advantage of this Water Sourounding the State as will be the best in Cost-Benefit-Analysi( CBA),so Lagos Can Spend Less Cost in Generating Lights to the State Resident!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Dsimmer: 8:17am On May 10
Nice. I wonder what most of the other state governors are doing to improve the country. Or they think they're elected as barbie to not do anything? The citizens should face their elected state govenors, senators, and house of representatives. Imagine if every state governors, senators and house of representatives can focus on electricity plant generation and large scale mechanized farming linked with its agro industry for the state they're representing, most of the problem of the country is solved.
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Paraman: 8:19am On May 10
OriginalYoruba1:

Do you mean South East have oil well , I thought we Yoruba said it is a landlock place
You're not talking like a person with a brain.

So because a country is landlock, it can't be producing crude oil
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by lokoloko84(m): 8:23am On May 10
MEEVEET:
Absolutely

SW needs more power

There is gas in my grandmothers village of image don't know why it's not being tapped
Which place is that,sir?
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Hardy123(m): 8:36am On May 10
Imaginary power hubs grin grin
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Curious345: 8:44am On May 10
Lagos Na cruise .. they just steal trillions and walk away
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Gboom: 8:53am On May 10
Angelfrost:
These days, it feels like Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where good news emanate from.

Rivers state has spent one year doing nothing but separating egotistical fights between their clueless governor and his predecessor.

Edo is sinking into underdevelopment while the top political class is more concerned about taking over government House.

Ebonyi and other Southeastern states apart from Anambra (and to some extent, Abia) are going nowhere fast.

South-western states are stupidly hiding their backwardness behind almighty Lagos, thinking we can't see their pathetic conditions.

As for North... Let me just be looking at those ones and be shaking my head. undecided

Tinubu this, Tinubu that... Yet the massive decline of the nation is largely due to the poor output of most states in the federation.

Light a fuse under your governors! Make them sit the fvck up... They aren't working, and it's unacceptably dragging the nation backwards.
I really liked this your analysis; it is very close to being objective

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 9:00am On May 10
Paraman:
You're not talking like a person with a brain.

So because a country is landlock, it can't be producing crude oil

We Yoruba know that South West is landlock state But we don’t even have oil well in my state Osun state and Ogun state that’s why I don’t believe Lagos is part of Yoruba land
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 9:01am On May 10
lokoloko84:
Which place is that,sir?
We don’t have oil or gas in my state in South West , don’t believe lie from Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by OriginalYoruba1: 9:04am On May 10
Bluntemperor:
Thank you Neptu2,for availing sense into those mischievous minions,who developed hatred for Lagos State development and those who want to see drilling,should leave their comfort zones,for a visit to the Production site.
•Natural Resources is God given and cannot be restricted in one Area.
• The Commissioner is yet to come clean in all this big- talk of 10 - Areas because,he couldn't show Lagosians the real Power/ Light Sector Activities,so much doubt is what we are seen.
Lagos should have Independent Power Supply - not attached to any Grid ,for the following suggestions will be a boost:
•1.Construct of Hydro- Electric Power in Epe,
•2.Construct Hydro Electric Power Station in Ikorodu and
•3.Construct Hydro Electric Power supply station in Badagry.
Since Lagos is Surrounded by Water,there is no reason why Lagosians should have Darkness everyday but can have 365- Lights to Power,the Population of over Millions Inhabitants!
•Chief Obafemi Awolowo,the Sage,once talked about the Effectiveness water usage in Lagos State,but it seems,Power was never the core centre of development.
So,what is wrong that both Past and Present govt of many States don't want to give the People light is just because they don't prepared for this Power Sector,as they consider their terms in Office as short,in government.
Lagos State should take advantage of this Water Sourounding the State as will be the best in Cost-Benefit-Analysi( CBA),so Lagos Can Spend Less Cost in Generating Lights to the State Resident!

We indigene of Osun state is also part of Lagos , don’t send us away to our Forest 🌳 please
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Ezmans: 9:13am On May 10
agabusta:

Running water is available in some parts of Lagos. I once lived in an area wholly dependent on govt water. I never once believed that was possible in Nigeria.
mention the area in lagos where tap water is running now not before I I'll be there today
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Ebubu: 9:15am On May 10
Angelfrost:

Did you say Ebonyi is going nowhere fast? The most infrastructural state in SE is going nowhere fast?

Ignorance is a bliss.
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by carl90(m): 9:18am On May 10
The media is like a mouthpiece or spokesperson for Lagos.
Other developments are going on in other states that I am not sure the media is reporting.
Of recent , I travelled to the East.
I was impressed with the development that have happened over the years in those states , especially in Port-Harcourt.
There are lots of under-reporting of developments going on in other states.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Paraman: 9:19am On May 10
OriginalYoruba1:

We Yoruba know that South West is landlock state But we don’t even have oil well in my state Osun state and Ogun state that’s why I don’t believe Lagos is part of Yoruba land
k
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by thumbsme(f): 9:32am On May 10
chrisifeanyi:
The Mod that banned me for two months, you will have consistent toothache for the next two months
Haa, shey somebori kanno play wit u
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by commoditiesnig: 9:34am On May 10
Good one
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by Lawalemi(m): 10:34am On May 10
And Dapo is doing a fruitless airport for Ogun that should be next to Lagos
Re: Lagos To Set Up 5 Additional Power Hubs by johnjose68: 10:37am On May 10
naptu2:

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/lasg-to-set-up-five-additional-hubs-for-alternative-power-supply-2/

The children of hate and fans of the man that gets his ideas from mad men will start crying 😭 now..because this is a good news.

@Racoon, how far
Hope no hypertension at this news

Hope you know Jagaban dey gidigba since your prayer is for him to fail....but he is succeeding.

Let's I forget, is Onwubuasi not sinking Borehole again
angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Tracking Additional 11,000 Ghost Workers — Adeosun / Why Reps Panel Resolved To Summon VP Osinbajo, Magu, Oyo-Ita, Others / Oduah, Ekwunife Lead Number Of Sponsored Bills At The National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.