Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? (21096 Views)

What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? / Beware! Fake Blue Band Margarine In Circulation / Butter And Margarine In Baking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by omojeesu(m): 6:08pm On May 10
Butter is healthier than margarine.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 6:09pm On May 10
Sleekfingers:
butter is made from dairy milk or cream, while margarine is made from plant and/or animal fats.

And butter is more expensive......200g of unsalted or salted Butter can cost around 4000- 9000 naira , even more , depending on the brand . But a 500g of margarine can cost 600-1000 naira

Most Nigerian bakers don't use Butter to bake , because of the price....instead they use Margarine and some adulterated vegetable oil...

🀣🀣🀣 And you said , Butter gives most people running stomach.....maybe Aba made butter.

Most Nigerians don't even know what BUTTER looks like. They call Margarine butter. , especially Brands like blue band , etc .....

Thank you my brother , I usually tell people to show me where "butter" is written on Blueband , Planta and the rest. Butter is also usually stored in the freezer or fridge and would turn to liquid at room temperature , butter also spoils quite easily unlike margarine , if you keep butter outside the fridge the for more than 2 or 3 days it will spoil just like evaporated liquid milk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by YourGFsnatcher: 6:11pm On May 10
Testiebobo:
Please oo NL, i want to fry puffpuff and dough-nut. And my teacher(a baker) advised me to get mangarine instead of butter. Because it has a profitable nutrition to the consumer that will eat it, rather than butter that runs most people stomach. I searched for the difference on Google, but Google was giving me the scientifical difference and how their taste differs. But it is the nutritional benefits that concerns me the most. I cant identify, bakers and nutritionist in the house! What is the nutritional difference between butter and mangarine?
Butter is from animal fats, margarine is from Plants extracts. That's why margarine how lower fat level that butter
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 6:12pm On May 10
sprints1:
Magerine is plastic butter is fat simple as abc

Margarine doesn't have anything to do with butter , it's not derived from butter or a by product of butter
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 6:14pm On May 10
FreeStuffsNG:

Nice. Thank you.
Butter is fortified margarine in a way so you can always raise the nutritional value.

Will you people just stop commenting ignorantly

Butter isn't fortified margarine or whatever you call it , they are not even derived from the same source
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 6:16pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

How are you so sure?

Of course, butter looks like margarine.
We could easily produce butter in Nigeria (simply by churning/whipping fresh cow's milk), but we're not yet ready.

In fact, the health world is gradually moving on from butter to ghee, which is healthier.

He's even being generous with the numbers , I can bet it that over 90% haven't tasted butter in their life , you included
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Entanglement: 6:18pm On May 10
oliverano:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So if you were asked to explain this to a layman, this is what you'll say? Lmao.

Saturated simply means that at room temperature, e go still dey strong(solid). Like the butter no go melt like groundnut oil if e dey normal temperature. You know most people keep their butter in the fridge so wetin go happen if you commot am from fridge come outside.

Unsaturated mean say, at room temperature, that's normal temperature, life outside the refrigerator e no go too dey strong (solid) again.

So therefore, butter is solid at room temperature....saturated

While Margarine go melt at room temperature....unsaturated.

In a nutshell, Butter is animal based(mostly milk), more healthy, and more expensive

while....

Margarine is plant based(nuts, seeds etc) mixed with preservatives/chemicals, not that healthy but cheaper.
oga this one no be layman definitions na. grin you won dey explain to person were no go school say one get single bond carbon and the other one na double bond molecular Carbon? grin

You go explain am as how the thing be in physical structure so that even mad man go understand am grin
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by oliverano: 6:23pm On May 10
Entanglement:
oga this one no be layman definitions na. grin you won dey explain to person were no go school say one get single bond carbon and the other one na double bond molecular Carbon? grin

You go explain am as how the thing be in physical structure so that even mad man go understand am grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Lol but that your explanation been get as e be ooo lol
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 6:32pm On May 10
Semaj77:

He's even being generous with the numbers , I can bet it that over 90% haven't tasted butter in their life , you included

Cover your face in shame for this comment of yours!

Your talk as if butter is something out of this world.
Dude! There's nothing that special about it.

Okay! Would you be willing to bet your life on it that I haven't tasted butter?
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by blabulu2000: 6:38pm On May 10
Obi Bitter must definitely have something to say about this...since he one of the jobless political jobbers in Nigeria....

Lets visit his X accoun
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 6:39pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

Cover your face in shame for this comment of yours!

Your talk as if butter is something out of this world.
Dude! There's nothing that special about it.

Okay! Would you be willing to bet your life on it that I haven't tasted butter?

Nothing to cover my eyes and butter isn't special but for the fact that you seem to think that it's somehow similar shows you haven't tasted it in your life.
What brands have you tasted and which of the 2 major types do you like ?
What's the longevity ?
At room temperature what does it look like ?
How is the taste different from margarine ?
In what is it packed in ?
What are the usual sizes it comes in ?

Ol girl , I can bet my left ball you haven't tasted butter in your. I know you'll go and check Google for all my questions but you already failed from the outset from your initial statement , it was reeking of ignorance
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by abba190: 6:43pm On May 10
dominique:
Butter is saturated fat, margarine is unsaturated fat
what is saturated fat and unsaturated fat?
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 6:50pm On May 10
Semaj77:

Nothing to cover my eyes and butter isn't special but for the fact that you seem to think that it's somehow similar shows you haven't tasted it in your life.

Similar in look and texture? Yes, they are.

What brands have you tasted and which of the 2 major types do you like ?

What's the longevity ?

President.
I prefer the unsalted, for baking purposes especially.

I check the wrap for that. πŸ™„

At room temperature what does it look like ?
How is the taste different from margarine ?
In what is it packed in ?

What are the usual sizes it comes in ?

Almost like shea butter, which softens/melts at room temperature.

It's creamy.

Usually wrapped.

200-250g, at least the brands I know.

Ol girl , I can bet my left ball you haven't tasted butter in your. I know you'll go and check Google for all my questions but you already failed from the outset from your initial statement , it was reeking of ignorance

You lost dude!
Now, rest!

May it be well with your left ball.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 7:00pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

President.

It's creamy.

Usually wrapped.

You lost dude!
Now, rest!

Usually wrapped in what

Most people I know who take butter wouldn't choose President as their preferred brand , it's one of the worst brands of butter out there , so it's pretty obvious you just went online to check on Google.
Sorry lady , you lost , you've never tasted butter in your life , anyone reading your comment and mine and takes butter regularly will know that you're full of shiite
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 7:05pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

President.

It's creamy.

Usually wrapped.

You lost dude!
Now, rest!

Usually wrapped in what

Most people I know who take butter wouldn't choose President as their preferred brand , it's one of the worst brands of butter out there , so it's pretty obvious you just went online to check on Google.
Sorry lady , you lost , you've never tasted butter in your life , anyone reading your comment and mine and takes butter regularly will know that you're full of shiite
Another reason I say you're full of shiite is that the most common sizes you'll see at the supermarkets is the 500gram , you'll hardly see the 250gram , I buy butter like every week
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 7:17pm On May 10
Semaj77:

Usually wrapped in what

Most people I know who take butter wouldn't choose President as their preferred brand , it's one of the worst brands of butter out there ,

Whatever you and the people you know think of the brand does not disqualify it from being butter.

so it's pretty obvious you just went online to check on Google.

Is that the best you could do?

It's just butter, dude.

You're the one who lost.
You're the one who's full of shiite!
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 7:21pm On May 10
Semaj77:

Usually wrapped in what

Another reason I say you're full of shiite is that the most common sizes you'll see at the supermarkets is the 500gram , you'll hardly see the 250gram , I buy butter like every week

Lies!!!

Again, you're the one who's full of shiite.
I mean, look at you getting worked up over butter.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 7:21pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

Whatever you and the people you know think of the brand does not disqualify it from being butter.

Is that the best you could do?

It's just butter, dude.

You're the one who lost.
You're the one who's full of shiite!

Hahahaha , it's usually wrapped in foil dipshiite. Local champion forming tuush online
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by coputa(m): 7:22pm On May 10
SoSlimOlak:
Butter and margarine should be consumed in moderation to minimize the risk of heart-related diseases. Excessive consumption can lead to accumulation in the body, particularly around the heart, skin, and abdominal areas. Unlike protein, which is utilized by the body as needed, excess butter and margarine are not efficiently metabolized and can lead to harmful build-up. cool
it increases the cholesterol level in the blood vessels
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 7:24pm On May 10
Semaj77:

Hahahaha , it's usually wrapped in foil dipshiite. Local champion forming tuush online

"Tuush" because of butter? Chai! cheesy
Dude! Now I know what your issue is.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 7:25pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

Lies!!!

Again, you're the one who's full of shiite.
I mean, look at you getting worked up over butter.

I wonder why you just can't admit you've never taken butter in your life when it's very obvious you haven't , anyways go the nearest mart around you this weekend , go to the dairy section and check in their freezers , you'll see butter there , reach out to me and I'll pay for a 500g bar of butter for you ( I bet you didn't know it comes in a bar form )
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Semaj77(m): 7:26pm On May 10
Mariangeles:

"Tuush" because of butter? Chai! cheesy
Dude! Now I know what your issue is.

I don't have any issues , butter is pretty basic but you're finding it hard to admit you haven't taken something so basic as butter in your life
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 7:27pm On May 10
Semaj77:

I wonder why you just can't admit you've never taken butter in your life when it's very obvious you haven't , anyways go the nearest mart around you this weekend , go to the dairy section and check in their freezers , you'll see butter there , reach out to me and I'll pay for a 500g bar of butter for you ( I better you didn't know it comes in a bar form )

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin🀣
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Tendd: 7:35pm On May 10
Both contain fat and salt which can be detrimental to your health.Use olive oil instead ,they are great substitute for baking, frying, cooking steaming etc.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by pryme(m): 7:51pm On May 10
Anybody that tries to compare butter with margarine or say they are both the same thing, is trying to compare dense milk with an old science project.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Badmashiii: 7:57pm On May 10
finickykblazy:
Margarine is poison, stay away from it if you value your health. Butter is healthy fats especially if it's grass fed. Blue band is not Butter! Butter is more expensive.

Most of the breads you consume were made with margarine instead of butter. How can you really avoid it?
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by vengertime: 8:00pm On May 10
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
This is why I love Nairaland.....Well, I'm here to learn,cuz I've never really thought of the difference between the duo...

Why are Nigerians so so slow. The op could easily ask WhatsApp Ai or chatgpt for the Ans.

Even the Ans I'm seeing up there are from WhatsApp Ai chat bot. But op is outdated
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Oluyole74: 8:19pm On May 10
Butter is from animal fat,while margarine is from plant fat, simple

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Fash20: 8:32pm On May 10
Butter is gotten from milk
Margarine from oil(vegetable oil) using the process called hydrogenation
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Sleekfingers: 8:34pm On May 10
Semaj77:

Thank you my brother , I usually tell people to show me where "butter" is written on Blueband , Planta and the rest. Butter is also usually stored in the freezer or fridge and would turn to liquid at room temperature , butter also spoils quite easily unlike margarine , if you keep butter outside the fridge the for more than 2 or 3 days it will spoil just like evaporated liquid milk

πŸ‘You made a valid point........
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Love800(m): 8:39pm On May 10
Okay.
So what are you trying to point out?
Butter is fake?
noobody:

What you think you know and eat as butter.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Love800(m): 8:47pm On May 10
Lol!
Abeg calm down.
You see say i applied thank you at the end of dat my statement.
Well, if you feel offended to the way i address you, am sorry pls.
I just want to know clearly what you point out in dat your post.
iichidodo:
And, you are?...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight! / Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.