Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,499 members, 7,840,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? (21104 Views)

What’s The Difference Between The Red Colored Apple And Green Colored Apple? / Beware! Fake Blue Band Margarine In Circulation / Butter And Margarine In Baking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by ycat: 8:51pm On May 10
Yeah!
oliverano:

Lol....😂 😂 😂
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by fuck419: 8:54pm On May 10
Butter is Buhari, while Magarine is Tinubu.

If you don't relate with this, na beating be next thing o.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by femi4: 8:57pm On May 10
Testiebobo:
Please oo NL, i want to fry puffpuff and dough-nut. And my teacher(a baker) advised me to get mangarine instead of butter. Because it has a profitable nutrition to the consumer that will eat it, rather than butter that runs most people stomach. I searched for the difference on Google, but Google was giving me the scientifical difference and how their taste differs. But it is the nutritional benefits that concerns me the most. I cant identify, bakers and nutritionist in the house! What is the nutritional difference between butter and mangarine?

The choice between margarine and butter depends on your dietary needs ¹. Here are some key differences

Butter:
- High in saturated fat
- Rich in dairy fat
- May contain nutrients like vitamin K2, conjugated linoleic acid, butyrate and omega-3
- High in cholesterol
- May increase "bad" LDL cholesterol
- May have limited effects on blood cholesterol levels

Margarine
- High in unsaturated fat
- Made from vegetable oils
- May contain trans fats (though many brands now offer trans-fat-free options)
- May be high in polyunsaturated fat
- May contain plant sterols and stanols
- May be high in omega-6 fat

It's important to note that both butter and margarine can be part of a healthy diet when consumed in moderation. It's also worth considering the type of margarine and the source of the butter, as some options may be healthier than others.

Sources: Meta AI, Bing, Chatgpt
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by iichidodo: 9:09pm On May 10
Love800:
Lol!
Abeg calm down.
You see say i applied thank you at the end of dat my statement.
Well, if you feel offended to the way i address you, am sorry pls.
I just want to know clearly what you point out in dat your post.
No worries bro...It's all good.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Elidrisy20: 9:10pm On May 10
Butter use with bread
Margarine use for beaking
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by masseratti: 9:15pm On May 10
Alusiizizi:
The difference?

One of them(butter) along with bread was promised to us Igbo people by Tinubu(yes, that drug intoxicated zombie) while the other(margarine and not "Mangarine" ) was not. By the way, we are still waiting for our bread and butter.
i just hate you guys that brings in Tinubu/Obi into any convo that has nothing to do with politics ..una no dey tire ?na WA ooo..
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Dybala11(m): 9:25pm On May 10
iichidodo:
Butter is churned from milk, whether cow or goat milk. Margarine is butter which has undergone ionisation with metallic positrons like ferrous oxide or bauxite...
I thought margarine is produced by hydrogenation of vegetable oil?
Ionisation with metallic...?
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Arostar2023: 9:42pm On May 10
Gajagojo:

What is the difference between "spread" and "margarine"?

Both can be same...spread is made specifically for ready to eat food while margarine can be used for baking, cooking generally.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by fkj950ax(m): 9:59pm On May 10
Chidexthebest:
Are you a kid
Are you stupid?
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by TheATM: 10:29pm On May 10
dominique:
Butter is saturated fat, margarine is unsaturated fat
How carpentar like me go understand saturated and unsaturated? abeg go further

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Thazard(m): 10:54pm On May 10
FitCorper:

Abeg explain in layman’s term what is saturated and unsaturated fat. All this grammar too big for butter and margarine.
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by noobody(m): 11:22pm On May 10
Love800:
Okay.
So what are you trying to point out?
Butter is fake?

You all assume you are eating butter,
But it is bread spread.

I am not sure real butter is sold here in Nigeria

Only foreign brands I have seen sell actual butter.

What we have here is mostly bread spread and margarine.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by sunsweet33: 2:23am On May 11
Butter is made from animal fat (milk) while margarine is made from vegetable oil.

Margarine was touted as the healthy alternative some years ago, however that info is now outdated. Butter is more beneficial than margarine because it is natural, not minding saturated or unsaturated fats.

HOWEVER in our environment where most people are not used to drinking fresh milk and where storage of milk products can be precarious, margarine is the safer option which is what your teacher was driving at.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Love800(m): 5:42am On May 11
Okay.
So whats is real butter?
noobody:

You all assume you are eating butter,
But it is bread spread.

I am not sure real butter is sold here in Nigeria

Only foreign brands I have seen sell actual butter.

What we have here is mostly bread spread and margarine.
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by brain54(m): 8:18am On May 11
Mariangeles:

Illicit, is that what they asked? 😄
Leave my guy alone o...

Allow him to freestyle!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Bishop(m): 9:33am On May 11
dominique:
Butter is saturated fat, margarine is unsaturated fat

Break it down please, i no go school
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 9:51am On May 11
brain54:

Leave my guy alone o...

Allow him to freestyle!
grin grin

Your guy is in a world of his own. grin grin
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by brain54(m): 9:59am On May 11
Mariangeles:

Your guy is in a world of his own. grin grin
grin grin
This one made me laugh out loud...

My guy said he stopped smoking... If he still did he for dey cause much trouble o! lipsrsealed

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mariangeles(f): 10:06am On May 11
brain54:

grin grin
This one made me laugh out loud...

My guy said he stopped smoking... If he still did he for dey cause much trouble o! lipsrsealed

grin grin

Hahahahahahahaha grin
Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by finickykblazy(m): 11:30am On May 11
I don't eat bread, it's trash. The flour used in baking is number 1 gut destroyer. If I ever to decide to start eating bread, it will be sourdough bread, baked by myself or I use coconut flour.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Nutritional Difference Between Butter And Margarine? by Mikesol: 5:16pm On May 11
So people don't know the difference, even in the comment section

Ok.... butter is the healthiest choice, and the best baking choice, especially if you use the type that melts and is covered in a foil kind of packaging that's always in freezer. It's byproduct of diary directly... butter had low fat and normal, salted and unsalted, many choices tailored to your needs and makes texture,taste and health far better

Magarine is from seed oils
Why should u be eating oils thinking its better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peak Milk Launches Peak Milky Pap With 'life Evolves, So Has Pap' Campaign / 10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight! / Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.