Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,595 members, 7,840,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) (52513 Views)

See The Brightest And Hungriest Black Hole Ever Detected (Pictures) / Nasa’s Webb Delivers Deepest Infrared Image Of Universe Yet / Inside The Space Hotel Scheduled To Open In 2025 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Promismike(m): 5:25pm On May 10
Ok
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by iswallker(m): 5:28pm On May 10
richie240:
Incomplete story.
Yiu are yet to disclose what they found that made the scientists abandon the project.
cool

Temperatures made them abandon...

Can't you read..

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by phorget(m): 5:31pm On May 10
If we gather all the holes wey some niggars don dig I sure say e go pass dis one wey Russians dig, some niggars sabi dig hole ehennnn.πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by BeigJawnson(m): 5:33pm On May 10
Antell95:
I am lost.. I need help

In the hole?

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by oglalasioux(m): 5:36pm On May 10
Jokerman:
Is this not the hole that they said scientist heard the voices and wailings of the damned in hell fire using ultrasonic hearing devices...😎

Deluded religious people @bolded.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by richie240: 5:43pm On May 10
iswallker:

Temperatures made them abandon...

Can't you read..

Hahahahaha...that was why i said the story nor complete. grin
You may need to reseaech on the project yourself.
cool

Jokerman:
Is this not the hole that they said scientist heard the voices and wailings of the damned in hell fire using ultrasonic hearing devices...😎
Precisely!
cool
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by femicyrus(m): 5:46pm On May 10
They do not need to dig that far before reaching hell fire if they dug in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by confydoedowaye(m): 5:48pm On May 10
ThiefnubuBandit:
The hole deep pass Lagos hook-up girls hole? I am asking for my grandmother's neighbour.

Wide and deep is understatement.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Antell95(m): 5:57pm On May 10
BeigJawnson:

In the hole?
in life!
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by wiseoneking: 6:17pm On May 10
noskcid:
Russia is good at making you look at something unimaginable while they run their game of destroying America underground
Destroy? Russia is a second world middle income country in European standard but however strong in nuclear weapon. They are like North Korea and Iran that invest all their wealth on weapon of mass destruction but their people are extremely poor. In all the history of the world, Russia never dare America. America got both extreme wealth and massive nuclear weapon

5 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by MMempire(m): 6:18pm On May 10
Guys with evil comments full here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Tonididdyx: 6:29pm On May 10
This reminds me of one year in my neighbor vompound, the borehole drilling company have being drilling a spot for hours with no luck of water, so they decided to shun the drill and find a new spot.

.... Hence the old spot had to be covered back with sand. When doing so, it was like thunderstorms beneath the ground. Every shovel of dirt thrown in the hole, returned with thunderous sound and mild shaking of that spot.

.... I knew at that age, the earth is a mysterious place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Illegal1(m): 6:33pm On May 10
99thEnemy:
grin
Lord knows what I first thought. grin
omoh........u are not alone bro,nah dsame direction our mind go.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by thatsleepboy1: 6:37pm On May 10
nony43:
Make I off you guys. Did you know that is closer to travel to Venus through the sea.

I sight you chairman. What sea biko?.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by 99thEnemy(m): 6:42pm On May 10
Jokerman:
Righteousness2 is coming grin

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Bayelsarep(m): 6:47pm On May 10
Okay....Issorite

quote author=Odewaleadesoye post=129880264]What did they find?

MIRROR.CO.UK[/font][/quote]
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Dogalmighty17: 6:48pm On May 10
richie240:
Incomplete story.
You are yet to disclose what the Scientists encountered that made them abandon the project.
cool

The heat in the hole was greater than anticipated. The boring heads and pipes started melting. They also had additional fears that they might trigger a seismic event as they were beginning to get warning readings.

Metallurgy has come far than what we had then. We have more heat resistant machinery now but it would be a waste of time digging just for the sake of it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Bayelsarep(m): 6:50pm On May 10
Okay....issorite
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by geoworldedu: 6:59pm On May 10
Jokerman:
That myth that year scared me o. No be now again. Even if na scientists talk say den see fire dey burn God naked body because he made a mistake and his angels captured him, I no go believe grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by geoworldedu: 7:02pm On May 10
femicyrus:
They do not need to dig that far before reaching hell fire if they dug in Nigeria.
The hell fire of Nigeria is the surface of the crust itself. No need digging at all.

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by MrLibrarian(m): 7:05pm On May 10
Tonididdyx:
This reminds me of one year in my neighbor vompound, the borehole drilling company have being drilling a spot for hours with no luck of water, so they decided to shun the drill and find a new spot.

.... Hence the old spot had to be covered back with sand. When doing so, it was like thunderstorms beneath the ground. Every shovel of dirt thrown in the hole, returned with thunderous sound and mild shaking of that spot.

.... I knew at that age, the earth is a mysterious place.
mehn how I wished you recorded it

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by MrLibrarian(m): 7:06pm On May 10
Dogalmighty17:

The heat in the hole was greater than anticipated. The boring heads and pipes started melting. They also had additional fears that they might trigger a seismic event as they were beginning to get warning readings.

Metallurgy has come far than what we had then. We have more heat resistant machinery now but it would be a waste of time digging just for the sake of it.
which means there's hell beneath it
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Adeniyiademola(m): 7:25pm On May 10
Can they continue the digging pls. Let dig deeper to the other end side of the earth and make a hole. Maybe we can travel through the hole(if it is wide) from Russia to Antarctica grin grin
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Airlord2030: 7:31pm On May 10
Igbos and SS girls hole deep pass this one.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by dreality: 7:36pm On May 10
wiseoneking:
Destroy? Russia is a second world middle income country in European standard but however strong in nuclear weapon. They are like North Korea and Iran that invest all their wealth on weapon of mass destruction but their people are extremely poor. In all the history of the world, Russia never dare America. America got both extreme wealth and massive nuclear weapon

Who is this? Russia a second-rate country? Its people extremely poor? Russia that has all the mineral wealths in the world that Europe can only dream of. And they achieved the greatest scientific feats whether in space, machines or armament. You obviously have narrow knowledge and listen only to CNN

5 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by M2DXi: 7:50pm On May 10
Adeniyiademola:
Can they continue the digging pls. Let dig deeper to the other end side of the earth and make a hole. Maybe we can travel through the hole(if it is wide) from Russia to Antarctica grin grin

It won't even be possible

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Tonytonex(m): 7:59pm On May 10
Odewaleadesoye:
-The giant Kola Superdeep Borehole saw the Russians dig deeper into the centre of the Earth than any other nation. The project began during the space race between the United States and Soviet Union

MIRROR.CO.UK
What have they achieve with that?

It's just like wasting time, money and energy
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Upward2024: 8:08pm On May 10
I have actually have this thought in my head. If the earth is round, digging down will actually lead to somewhere we can't get to flying.
Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by Orch1981: 8:20pm On May 10
dreality:

Who is this? Russia a second-rate country? Its people extremely poor? Russia that has all the mineral wealths in the world that Europe can only dream of. And they achieved the greatest scientific feats whether in space, machines or armament. You obviously have narrow knowledge and listen only to CNN
Oga Russians are very poor people I have live with them one on one but not as poor like the Africa type oooo

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by SaLongs1(m): 8:50pm On May 10
nony43:
Make I off you guys. Did you know that is closer to travel to Venus through the sea.
Kneel down right now and pray for this lying spirit to depart from you.

1 Like

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by MrBONE2(m): 9:04pm On May 10
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Inside The Deepest Man-Made Hole On The Planet (Pictures) by mediclife1987(m): 9:14pm On May 10
Odewaleadesoye:
What did they find?

MIRROR.CO.UK[/font]

Yet one nonsense woman doing you shakara still has a borehole deeper than this...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BIG Crocodile Caught Alive In Imo At Ota-mmiri River, Ihiagwa (Photos) / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? / See The Long Python Killed By My Cousins This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.