Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,432 members, 7,839,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look (84637 Views)

Nokia 3310 Found In Drawer After 20 Years Still Has 70% Battery - Incredible! / Nokia 3310(4G) Review / Meet New Nokia 3310 With 3G Network That Cost Around N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by ufotunang: 11:43am On May 11
seborrhic:
Buy a glorified itel button phone for ₦150k!
This must be a joke.
If one wants an exhibition piece,why not go and buy the original Nokia 3310 and have it in one's collection than spending that much for a just a call and text phone.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by ufotunang: 11:44am On May 11
Ok
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Xpress24(m): 11:45am On May 11
Olachase:
After their android phones no sell

All their Android phones are very slow

Design looks like Techno

Poor performance, I once sent a mail to them to sell their company and go into pure water business bought an entry level fone n u expect it to perform the task of a flagship. Alaways read spec before buying a smartphone especially The SOC.

Nokia C32 that phone almost got me mad 🥲🥲
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Magnificenttop: 11:45am On May 11
miketayo:

There was no way symbian would have competed with Google android and Apple IOS. They realized late, and signed with Microsoft. But the later already won people's heart.
Lumia wasn't a bad OS in my opinion, it just came in too late.

Even as far back as then Symbian was a capable OS and did basically almost what early version of android did. Symbian those days can minimize/maximize tasks, multi task. It has sophisticated UI/UX, games/apps similar to recent smart phones. I remember far back, Bolt browser on Symbian has "web/desktop view" browsing just like recent Android Chrome.
In fact Symbian was forerunner for smart phones.

If only they advanced the development of Symbian OS, they had that advantage but they didn't utilize it.
IOS, android were not like this 15 years ago, they also started small and advanced into the much sophisticated OS they're today.
Nokia really fall my hand personally. Normally na Nokia get phone market, they just messed their chance and advantage.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Xpress24(m): 11:46am On May 11
Olachase:
After their android phones no sell

All their Android phones are very slow

Design looks like Techno

Poor performance, I once sent a mail to them to sell their company and go into pure water business.
Nokia C32 that phone almost got me mad 🥲🥲
you bought an entry level fone n u expect it to perform the task of a flagship. Always read spec before buying a smartphone especially The SOC.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by thatsleepboy1: 11:49am On May 11
MrPreek:

Are u in uK?..... If not I cannot give u

You can waybill it or convert it to laptop us so as to use it to learn a digital skill sir. Distance is not a barrier.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by omoadeleye(m): 11:55am On May 11
id4sho:
NOKLA Amaka. grin

If you don't gerrit, forgerrit it tongue

We get it and we know it.

NCKLA self dey
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by id4sho(m): 12:00pm On May 11
omoadeleye:

We get it and we know it.

NCKLA self dey

Wahala cheesy grin
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by BeigJawnson(m): 12:06pm On May 11
miketayo:

Android is built with Java

Really? So that means Java is the foundation of Android..?
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Omoluabi16(m): 12:07pm On May 11
It can never be as durable as the original.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Antell95(m): 12:13pm On May 11
MrPreek:

Are u in uK?..... If not I cannot give u
me nko. I need!
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Antell95(m): 12:15pm On May 11
HeadNigga:
I want one.i go pay 500k for it. I just want to keep it in my archives so that I can tell my children how worthless things become with time...just for them to know that iphone 25 will still fade away
location? Let me bring to u
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by chuksohams(m): 12:15pm On May 11
This ones no gree follow trend
Dam wan fosss us use thier gabbage products again
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by miketayo(m): 12:17pm On May 11
Magnificenttop:

Even as far back as then Symbian was a capable OS and did basically almost what early version of android did. Symbian those days can minimize/maximize tasks, multi task. It has sophisticated UI/UX, games/apps similar to recent smart phones. I remember far back, Bolt browser on Symbian has "web/desktop view" browsing just like recent Android Chrome.
In fact Symbian was forerunner for smart phones.

If only they advanced the development of Symbian OS, they had that advantage but they didn't utilize it.
IOS, android were not like this 15 years ago, they also started small and advanced into the much sophisticated OS they're today.
Nokia really fall my hand personally. Normally na Nokia get phone market, they just messed their chance and advantage.

The only company that could have competed was Microsoft, but they came in late.. blackberry RIM had the market at one point, just as symbian started dying, but it didn't last.
Symbian was built on C++, there are way more Java programmers than C++
Google and Apple are just too big for those smaller companies.
I still got the nokia android phone which wasn't so bad.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Shomek(m): 12:18pm On May 11
Eyah Nonsense
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Eriokanmi: 12:19pm On May 11
ElevationD:
I must purchase one.
I had three of them for close to ten years. Infact people begged me to drop them even though I had other phones.
I still have the three. If there are awards given for usage of Nokia 3310, I should get one.
A lot of us got successful job interview messages on 3310 in those days. Once if falls and gets scattered, just pick it up and assemble. It would never disappoint you as a job hunter cos d battery no dey die, even at one bar, it could still last several hours. I called it a Nokia production mistake cos it doesn't get spoilt easily so you'd have no need to buy a replacement for years. The quality was soo good.

If the quality is still same I'd definitely buy one.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Peppysco: 12:23pm On May 11
The complacency and downfall of Nokia was constantly used as a case study by my lecturers in the Strategic Marketing and Entrepreneurship classes. All this one dem dey do na medicine after death, Nokia is gone for good. It failed to improve on it's value proposition while oversetimating it's competitive advantage. May God not make our lives like Nokia.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by adecz: 12:28pm On May 11
For over N100k❗️❗️❗️

Dem dey whine us❓❓❓❓

Dead on arrival. We have moved
on from such
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by campbelljosh(m): 12:33pm On May 11
With poor battery 🔋 life compared to the old ones

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by famouscargo4u: 12:34pm On May 11
ElevationD:
I must purchase one.
I had three of them for close to ten years. Infact people begged me to drop them even though I had other phones.
I still have the three. If there are awards given for usage of Nokia 3310, I should get one.

It was my first, I would buy it again.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by being(m): 12:41pm On May 11
Feldie:
Nokia is suffering from impostor syndrome. They can't believe nobody cares about them anymore that's why they are now bringing back 20 years old dead phone. What next? should TV companies start releasing those black and white TVs that have hunchbacks just because people loved it back then?
U got it right... the biggest risk of a business is customers turning away from ur product
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by RickyJesus: 12:42pm On May 11
Feldie:
Nokia is suffering from impostor syndrome. They can't believe nobody cares about them anymore that's why they are now bringing back 20 years old dead phone. What next? should TV companies start releasing those black and white TVs that have hunchbacks just because people loved it back then?
That doesn't translate to imposter syndrome dumbass.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Ramirezkhay(m): 12:52pm On May 11
cheesy

Bad Guy!

You don buy spare battery Taya

grin
id4sho:
NOKLA Amaka. grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by MrCork: 12:57pm On May 11
ruggedboych:

MrCork angry sad

Son please quit mixxxin my name up with dat thing......i dont no him angry
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by nedekid: 1:05pm On May 11
ClassicEvilSpir:
Nokia Is a substandard phone. Crazy how the mighty has fallen. Now under the ownership of HMD global, a Chinese company with plans to launch its eponymous brand. I literally used nokia 2.3 years back. I bought it upon launch@slot because I thought nokia was the brand of old. Few months upon usage, multiple charging port issues. One day, the phone turned off, and never came on. Cause of death: panel issues. I conflicted with hardware and software issues during my time with nokia. Who are they trying to deceive with their nonsense flashbacks? Never again.
Chinese companies have destroyed the European majors, from Nokia, to erickson, even the American brand. Truth of the matter if not for American sanctions, Samsung, iPhone would have gone the way of Nokia at the rate Huawei was going. Walai, my Huawei Y9 2019 phone I am still using after 5 years. Working perfectly, does not hang, everything intact. Never failed one day. The only reason I will have to upgrade is because of newer tech it does not have eg NFC.
Exactly as you said for Nokia, my previous Samsung tab and phone each woke up one day and the decided to sleep, never to wake up again. Lol

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by justking(m): 1:09pm On May 11
Kudos
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by davien(m): 1:10pm On May 11
Feldie:
You're using imposter syndrome wrong, imposter syndrome is to doubt competency even though you're competent. What you mean to say is they're beating a dead horse as it more tallies your statement.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by NAC1666: 1:10pm On May 11
Officiallyrazz:
To commemorate its 25th anniversary, the iconic Nokia 3210 has made a comeback, delighting those nostalgic for simpler times.

HMD, the company behind Nokia phones, has reintroduced this "cultural icon" in response to increasing demand for less complicated devices to facilitate digital detoxes. The updated 3210 now boasts a two-megapixel camera, supports 4G calling, and retains the beloved classic game Snake, all available for £74.99.

Lars Silberbauer, HMD's chief marketing officer, remarked, "The Nokia 3210, a cultural icon, is back at the forefront of the global dumbphone trend as consumers seek to balance their screen time usage with a digital detox. The Nokia 3210 embodies simplicity, enabling consumers to be fully present. Forget dumbphone; this is 2024's fun phone."

Ben Wood, mobile phone expert and founder of the Mobile Phone Museum, reflected on the model's significance: "The original Nokia 3210 holds a special place in the hearts of many consumers as one of the best-selling mobile phones of all time. It's the perfect product to reimagine for the modern era given its strong heritage and iconic design."

Hope it can still be used as a weapon?
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by zedman1(m): 1:16pm On May 11
meum:
Isn’t this the 2nd time the company is reintroducing this Nokia 3310?
Exactly, I think they did same thing some years ago. I clearly remember reading it here on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by Betnomore: 1:20pm On May 11
NOKLA wey dey chop knuckle grin

id4sho:
NOKLA Amaka. grin

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by CaptainGo: 1:24pm On May 11
ElevationD:
I must purchase one.

I would love to buy one of the original model from you.
Re: Nokia 3310 Makes A Return After 25 Years With A New Look by falcon01: 1:24pm On May 11
Feldie:
I still do cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Spark K7: Your Experience So Far And Rating / Latest Tecno Phantom 5 Pics And Full Specs / Airtel : 1GB For N300 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.