Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,329 members, 7,839,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors (11656 Views)

Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals / Stop Dancing ‘skelewu’, Causing Gridlocks On Abuja Streets, Tinubu Warns Atiku / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CountinBlessins(m): 7:33am On May 11
JASONjnr:
Just imagine the president sounding this way?

Giving this guy's the privilege to cause whatever harm but don't leave the place ruined...

I am in shock!!!! Why is this man so stupid ? Instead of signing an executive order to ensure that miners are limited to so and so activities and must invest back in their community.

This man is just the worst president ever after Buhari!!!!

What a buffoon!!! angry
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CountinBlessins(m): 7:35am On May 11
SmartyPants:

Which part of that statement suggests this? cheesy You need to be more creative. You are losing steam.

Are you joking right now ? Is this how the president of a nation is meant to regulate foreign affairs?

Just tell them casually not to leave it in ruins instead of signing an executive order to regulate and ensure these miners reinvest in the communities?

Are you a graduate?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Inosky: 7:43am On May 11
I don't trust Chinese mining companies, they can mess up the environment and perpetrate many crimes in that community and still go scotfree, and they only do this in Africa but keep to laws in western and Arab countries.

There should be an order signed towards environmental protection and time-to-time local corporate responsibility, others Nigeria is joking with mere weightless statement. They've collected their money, it's for the environment and the local community to suffer.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by olibeans: 7:50am On May 11
Lithium investors or lithium scavengers.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CrossRhodes: 7:52am On May 11
thesicilian:
Why warn a company not to do bad when you can put laws and strategies in place to make sure that they don't do so?
Na the soldiers wey dey guard them go unleash hell for the community when they start crying out due to the environmental impact.

What a pity FG doesn't value citizens welfare
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CrossRhodes: 7:54am On May 11
SmartyPants:

Which part of that statement suggests this? cheesy You need to be more creative. You are losing steam.
You are actually very dull and not smart if you can't read between the lines to know that the statement lacks any form of conviction.
He is merely placing the life and environment of those communities in the hands of investors
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Basicend: 7:55am On May 11
jiz:
Lithium is Nigeria new oil, our government need to be strategic about it

No sir. . We have vast Iron Ore, far bigger than South Africa and we have coal. . Issue is our govt is lazy.

Nigeria is heavily blessed, but where are we. . ?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Yankee101: 7:56am On May 11
Tell Dangote too as he mines for cement and coal
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by TojuOke: 8:03am On May 11
Good Question. We explore, we sell at the approved and recognised international pricing globally. This Chinese people and their cheap and exploitative antics.
UHLmoving:
Can't we exploit this mineral ourselves?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by AbuAeesha: 8:09am On May 11
JASONjnr:

Giving this guy's the privilege to cause whatever harm but don't leave the place ruined...

Do you even understand what you wrote or it is just a bid to comment quickly??

Every knowledgeable person knows that there is regulatory bodies in place for such kind of innovation.

Do you expect the president to tell them to leave the place in ruin in the course of there work??
Haba!!! Must we complain over everything?? 😔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Abuloma80(f): 8:11am On May 11
Klington:

No plans.
No values.
No sauce.
No charisma.
No seriousness.
No responsibility.
No methodology.
No pattern..... Just very anyhow somebody.

APC and their gullible followers are irredeemably nonentities and stark illiterates.

That's the consequences of EMILOKAN!!!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by NinjaMetahuman: 8:13am On May 11
Nigeria is a big market for solar.

No light and sun plenty.
Also, there is cheap labor to manufacture lithium batteries.

But these clowns would allow these people to ship raw lithium to China, turn it to battery and import expensive batteries back to Nigeria while the environment where they mine are lithium becomes health hazard to the people there.

Naija delta all over again.

Who do useless Africans this thing?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by emorse(m): 8:19am On May 11
SmartyPants:

The fact the he even had to mention it does. Things like this should be a matter of policy and not just word of mouth.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by fuckJones(f): 8:28am On May 11
JASONjnr:

Nicodemus ifeanyi, stop masturbating and wailing in the morning
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by liasmiram2567: 9:15am On May 11
JASONjnr:

Your comprehension is zero.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Alexxx2000: 9:34am On May 11
Mining has a way of negatively damagaing the environs. The government should looks for way to mitigate the damages.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by commoditiesnig: 9:49am On May 11
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by commoditiesnig: 9:52am On May 11
JASONjnr:

Just see your silly interpretation of such a good news.. Such a pity!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by commoditiesnig: 9:54am On May 11
jahsharon:

How should the President sound? He should slap them and draw their ears? Only God knows how most of you are brought up such that to you, everything must be violence
Don't mind him.. Such a silly reasoning. I couldnt believe an adult typed this!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by xtian110: 9:55am On May 11
We are doomed, may God continue to protect his people AMEN
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by fitinwell: 10:03am On May 11
BeeBeeOoh:

https://thenationonlineng.net/dont-leave-host-community-in-ruins-tinubu-warns-lithium-investors/

Let's bookmark this page , just incase Host communities kidnaps expertraites ... because the minister already sold us cheap with is words...
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by ceejay80s(m): 10:09am On May 11
See the baboon that already left Nigeria in ruins is talking to another
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Bankowner: 10:21am On May 11
So an investor that is going to reap millions from doing business in a host community needs to be reminded not to forget CSR to that community? Was there no agreement signed regarding this ab initio? Except of course, the Nigerian thing has happened with the investor(s) and someone has collected upfront.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by PHAYOL81: 10:27am On May 11
Good
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Babinski: 10:38am On May 11
JASONjnr:

I am shocked the President spoke that way regarding the issue of environmental degradation in the host communities. The issue of environmental impact should not be a matter of opinion or morality but of the law. There must be the clear risk of legal penalties for mining companies to take the issue seriously. Speaking to them this way is an indirect way of telling them that they can create environmental issues in the host communities without risk of legal punishment.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by SmartyPants(m): 10:42am On May 11
CountinBlessins:

Are you joking right now ? Is this how the president of a nation is meant to regulate foreign affairs?

Just tell them casually not to leave it in ruins instead of signing an executive order to regulate and ensure these miners reinvest in the communities?

Are you a graduate?

cheesy

I know 60 - 70% of you have no clue whatsoever how these things work. That's okay - that is exactly why people like me are here. To pour knowledge into your insipid mind! There are agencies that are already empowered by law to regulate and implement environmental protections. An additional executive order when there are laws and regulations on ground is as meaningless as the degree certificate you got, if you really do have one in the first place.

While you are at it, look up NESREA and the NESREA Act, and get back to me: http://nesrea.gov.ng/

Olodo! cheesy cheesy
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CountinBlessins(m): 10:44am On May 11
SmartyPants:

cheesy

I know 60 - 70% of you have no clue whatsoever how these things work. That's okay - that is exactly why people like me are here. To pour knowledge into your insipid mind! There are agencies that are already empowered by law to regulate and implement environmental protections. An additional executive order when there are laws and regulations on ground is as meaningless as the degree certificate you got, if you really do have one in the first place.

While you are at it, look up NESREA and the NESREA Act, and get back to me: http://nesrea.gov.ng/

Olodo! cheesy cheesy

Why are you guys in the southwest always so rude and uncivilized?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by SmartyPants(m): 10:44am On May 11
emorse:

The fact the he even had to mention it does. Things like this should be a matter of policy and not just word of mouth.

It was only a friendly reminder Mr man. There are well-detailed laws, regulations, and enforcement bodies in charge of environmental protection. Should be obvious, shouldn't it? cheesy
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by SmartyPants(m): 10:46am On May 11
CountinBlessins:

Why are you guys in the southwest always so rude and uncivilized?

I'm neither from nor in the South West. cheesy Also i wasn't rude - there is nothing I've told you that isn't true. You are thoroughly ignorant and arrogant about it too! shocked And if your mind isn't indeed insipid, why would you confidently assume a faceless profile is from a certain area? cheesy

Rest jare.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by jaytimeo: 10:46am On May 11
Is it that the Nigerian government don’t have laws guiding the operation of mining lithium in Nigeria its shameful to make such a statement ,we should sound serious, so the investors can work within our environmental laws , the lithium should be mined in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by CountinBlessins(m): 10:49am On May 11
SmartyPants:

I'm neither from nor in the South West. cheesy Also i wasn't rude - there is nothing I've told you that isn't true. You are thoroughly ignorant and arrogant about it too! shocked And if your mind isn't indeed insipid, why would you confidently assume a faceless profile is from a certain area? cheesy

Rest jare.

I gives me warm joy to always slap any Yoruba I come across here in Bini.
You all are the same .

Pls go and graduate.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by SmartyPants(m): 10:49am On May 11
CrossRhodes:

You are actually very dull and not smart if you can't read between the lines to know that the statement lacks any form of conviction.
He is merely placing the life and environment of those communities in the hands of investors

Young man go and find something useful to do. This conversation is not for you! cheesy You see, it's not everyone I will bother to explain things to - those dull fellows I replied above, at least showed a little promise so I know they can understand to some degree when I explain to them that environmental protection already falls within a highly structured framework of laws, regulations and enforcement agencies - in fact so many that there are recommendations to even eliminate a few.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'The Economist' Testimony On Nigeria's New Trains / 7 Pragmatic Ways To End Boko Haram Insurgency: A Must Read / IDPs Camps Get Mobile Classrooms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.