Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors (11676 Views)

Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals / Stop Dancing ‘skelewu’, Causing Gridlocks On Abuja Streets, Tinubu Warns Atiku / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by SmartyPants(m): 10:50am On May 11
CountinBlessins:

I gives me warm joy to always slap any Yoruba I come across here in Bini.
You all are the same .

Pls go and graduate.

Slap away cheesy
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by 3rockets(m): 11:21am On May 11
MASTAkiLLAh:
lithium mining is NEVER fun for host communities anywhere in the world, even ground water is negatively impacted heavily

How please? I am a mining engineer and this particular comment reeks of so much ignorance. Others will see it now and begin to propagate same. Kai, make una dey calm down
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Menclothing1: 11:48am On May 11
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You mean build factories to process them ourselves and not just be selling them as raw materials shay? That is obviously the intelligent thing to do, but our leaders are not intelligent enough to work on that and voting into power smart leaders that have the interest of the country at heart is sadly not one of our strengths.

Most of you think it’s easier like that waist till you become gov

You think technology use in processing are cheap lolz
Some state 10 years allocation no reach 500 million dollars this guys brought to invest

Africa is poor that’s the ugly truth
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Adblg0610: 12:02pm On May 11
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin
Worthless grammer
When they saw how you left Iragbiji your town hall with all the bullion vans, they had no other Option to leave the communities in ruins
Tinubulated Template of ruins grin grin
Please read the President’s statement again, this time very slowly, with patience and church mind, you’ll discover that it is very much at variance with what you choose to believe.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by OALandAgents: 12:07pm On May 11
The fact that he has to warn investors not the leave host communities in ruin is a sign of Tinubu's un-seriousness about environmental pollution.
Laws and systems should have been put in place to prevent any pollution of the environment and make it unwise and too costly for any firm operating there to even consider allowing pollution to occur.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by imagrg(m): 12:32pm On May 11
Can't we explore this too and produce solar panels out of it?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:07pm On May 11
Menclothing1:

Most of you think it’s easier like that waist till you become gov

You think technology use in processing are cheap lolz
Some state 10 years allocation no reach 500 million dollars this guys brought to invest

Africa is poor that’s the ugly truth
Africa is poor is your answer to what I said and I shake my head. Over a hundred years ago, Chinese government sent children to USA to get educated in a way that will see to it that technology transfer happens. Have we started that? Yahaya Bello alone looted billions, he was a governor that sat on and controlled tonnes of mineral resources while serving. It is his type that I am complaining about and here you come blaming our poverty on Africa being poor. So you think Nigeria is poor?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Originalsly: 1:36pm On May 11
"Foreign Investors" .... invited to come and exploit our resources ... no conditions .... but instead begging them to please consider the health of our people and environment. Fools will be shouting "good development... it will bring much needed jobs" .... not knowing the dangers of such plants.

Countries with strong environmental laws and enforcers are against such plants but here we are with no strong laws and lack of enforcement setting up a disaster.

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by blackslayer: 1:59pm On May 11
This will be the new oil of the future! Electric cars will be the norm in the west in the nearest future!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by blackslayer: 2:04pm On May 11
I googled "Avatar New Energy Materials Company Limited" and i couldn't find the company's website! Is this another proxy to siphon money? Nigeria is such a corrupt place!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Menclothing1: 3:11pm On May 11
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Africa is poor is your answer to what I said and I shake my head. Over a hundred years ago, Chinese government sent children to USA to get educated in a way that will see to it that technology transfer happens. Have we started that? Yahaya Bello alone looted billions, he was a governor that sat on and controlled tonnes of mineral resources while serving. It is his type that I am complaining about and here you come blaming our poverty on Africa being poor. So you think Nigeria is poor?

Nigeria is very poor state that have send people abroad b4 people don’t come since 8yrs now they don’t do it again it won’t yield anything

Only money generated from electricity consumption is bigger than Nigeria budget which is all our expenditure

Apple has a single company make more revenue than Nigeria
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by emorse(m): 3:38pm On May 11
SmartyPants:

It was only a friendly reminder Mr man. There are well-detailed laws, regulations, and enforcement bodies in charge of environmental protection. Should be obvious, shouldn't it? cheesy
Are those laws applicable in the Niger Delta? undecided
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:46pm On May 11
Menclothing1:

Nigeria is very poor state that have send people abroad b4 people don’t come since 8yrs now they don’t do it again it won’t yield anything

Only money generated from electricity consumption is bigger than Nigeria budget which is all our expenditure

Apple has a single company make more revenue than Nigeria
Really?! You people are not used to holding your leaders to account, are you? China doesn't send their people abroad and allow them to stay there. Infact, that set of Chinese students sent to the US to study many years back were forced to return. When they came back, they were given jobs that gave them room to apply the knowledge they got. It is only Nigeria, and I challenge you to prove me wrong that sends it young ones abroad and permit them to stay there if they get jobs. Who told you Nigeria has stopped sending people abroad? PTDF still trains people abroad and allows them to stay back if they like. Who does that? Only Nigeria.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:57pm On May 11
JASONjnr:
Just imagine the president sounding this way?

Giving this guy's the privilege to cause whatever harm but don't leave the place ruined...

You guys are simply full lish...what is wrong with is comment?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by JASONjnr(m): 6:05pm On May 11
MICHEALADEX:

You guys are simply full lish...what is wrong with is comment?

How can you not be stupid when you don't have any natural resources around your community.

I am from an oil producing state and in my community we have oil and I know what it takes to make a careless statement like this.

So you expect the president to directly say the words because dunce won't understand him?
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Benrosaria(m): 6:23pm On May 11
Tell shell total seplat Mobil and the likes the same thing ok. Cause they have suck dried crude oil and nothing is left in the south.
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Apel147(m): 7:08pm On May 11
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Obi would have done it! 😜😜😜😜

UHLmoving:
Can't we exploit this mineral ourselves?

Okay Tinubu and his team are not wise enough to understand that we can harness these minerals by ourselves, convert them into finished products and sell to these same companies and the international market at a higher price thereby saving the Naira.

We have millions of graduates in various fields that can handle this. And if you think they are not well equipped to harness our resources, sponsor them abroad for further studies.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Jasonekah98: 9:22pm On May 11
Less than a year into your administration, you're leaving the country in ruin and despair.

FOOOOOOOOLLLSSSSSSS!!
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by soccerlite: 9:30pm On May 11
Satanic resident

The land will be beautiful after excavations
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Kionrae: 1:29pm On May 12
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by JasonNOTStatham: 1:53pm On May 12
Kionrae:
Jatham
0 7 0 1 I am niok I was banned by antispam bot just now please
sent
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by Kionrae: 1:54pm On May 12
JasonNOTStatham:
sent
seen
My boss I'm very grateful God bless thanks

1 Like

Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by coolgb(m): 6:19pm On May 12
Govt bring investors,una go cry
Govt no bring investors, una go still cry.
Awon alafise from one particular side
Re: Don’t Leave Host Community In Ruins - Tinubu Warns Lithium Investors by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:06pm On May 13
3rockets:

How please? I am a mining engineer and this particular comment reeks of so much ignorance. Others will see it now and begin to propagate same. Kai, make una dey calm down
lithium mining is very good for the environment including ground water. Lithium mining is bae smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m / Akeredolu: ‘Yahoo Yahoo’ Governors Backed Buni To Circumvent Will Of APC Members / Ike Ekweremadu Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.