Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,546 members, 7,850,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? (1013 Views)

Men, Can You Overlook This If You Find Your Wife Being Held This Way At The Gym? / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 10:27am On May 11
I just woke up this morning, and wanted to get fuel, and behold, on getting out from the compound, I realized the whole place had been filled with canopies and chairs with the road barricade. A woman who died a few months ago was getting buried today. Can you imagine, when this old woman was alive, we hardly saw family relatives come visiting or caring for her, and now that she's dead, they're giving her a befitting burial by faces we've hardly seen before blocking everyone? I can't even go out close to 20 canopies. It's almost like they were waiting for her to die to celebrate. This makes me wonder why some families behave like this, especially in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by BlackRainDrops: 10:35am On May 11
I've always said that burial should be a little affair. Someone dying is not reason to eat and drink. Celebration of life is totally different.
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by brain54(m): 10:44am On May 11
I prefer the way whites and Muslims do their funerals...

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by 1000Capacity: 10:50am On May 11
Born2winnx long time
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Carcholce: 11:02am On May 11
Was She suffering while alive?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by lordm(m): 11:07am On May 11
I specifically tell my people never to do a fancy burial for me. Just pastor and family members, no food, no stupid fanfare to please people. Just let me go quietly so I don't strain people's lives and pockets when I'm gone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Pussyisgud: 11:10am On May 11
See humans are very wicked - the heart of the average human being is wicked and they all pretend to like someone.
In our place of work everyone hates our superior and they talk bad in her presence. But when she gave birth the same person who despises her most was the one who suggested to contribute money and buy gift for her - ITS ALL PRETENSE, after gifting her the gift with smile immediately she left this same person resumed to be talking bad about her in her back again.
THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS MORE EVIL THAN DEVIL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Tallesty1(m): 12:07pm On May 11
Lols. That is humans for you.
Have you not noticed that the only time we unanimously wish someone peace is when he is dead?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by muyico(m): 3:24pm On May 11
same things will happen to dem too,when dey grow old
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:32pm On May 11
Born2winnx:
It's almost like they were waiting for her to die to celebrate. This makes me wonder why some families behave like this, especially in Nigeria

grin grin
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On May 11
Born2winnx:
I just woke up this morning, and wanted to get fuel, and behold, on getting out from the compound, I realized the whole place had been filled with canopies and chairs with the road barricade. And behold, a woman who died a few months ago was getting buried today. Can you imagine, when this old woman was alive, we hardly saw family relatives come visiting or caring for her, and now that she's dead, they're giving her a befitting burial by faces we've hardly seen before blocking everyone? I can't even go out close to 20 canopies. It's almost like they were waiting for her to die to celebrate. This makes me wonder why some families behave like this, especially in Nigeria
So, what you find irksome isn't the fact that your street was blocked with canopies and chairs but that her family chose to celebrate her death by blocking your streets that do? You no serious at all!
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:48pm On May 11
Kobojunkie:
So, what you find irksome isn't the fact that your street was blocked with canopies and chairs but that her family chose to celebrate her death by blocking your streets that do? You no serious at all!
kobo kobo junkie, I nor really de understand you sometimes.
Your questions I nor really understand am.
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:49pm On May 11
ChybuzzDD:

grin grin
e shock you abi.

Nlfpmod please sir take this to front page
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Dundalk(m): 5:49pm On May 11
Born2winnx:
kobo kobo junkie, I nor really de understand you sometimes.
Your questions I nor really understand am.
boss man.. Long long time
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On May 11
Born2winnx:
kobo kobo junkie, I nor really de understand you sometimes. Your questions I nor really understand am.
Dem wan celebrate her death and not her life. Which one be your own? No be their money dem dey spend? undecided
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:51pm On May 11
BlackRainDrops:
I've always said that burial should be a little affair. Someone dying is not reason to eat and drink. Celebration of life is totally different.

Well nor be small drinks and rice we dey see since o.
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:54pm On May 11
Kobojunkie:
Dem wan celebrate her death and not her life. Which one be your own? No be their money dem dey spend? undecided
Nor be say I dey vex I was just surprised even some of my neighbors were too. We weren't aware that she has people. I mean people like this.
Well I sha de with my heineken.
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:55pm On May 11
Dundalk:
boss man.. Long long time
I greet you brotherly, how you dey.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On May 11
Born2winnx:
Nor be say I dey vex I was just surprised even some of my neighbors were too. We weren't aware that she has people. I mean people like this. Well I sha de with my heineken.
I grew up in Ikorodu and sights like the one you described were sort of a regular occurrence pretty much on the weekends. I even came to reason that it had something to do with an unspoken culture of celebrating death and not life, which if you reason it well, isn't unique to any one tribe in that same Nigeria. Yes! Anywhere you go in Nigeria, you are likely to observe similar traditions of celebrating death and not life itself.
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Dundalk(m): 5:57pm On May 11
cry

lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 5:57pm On May 11
1000Capacity:
Born2winnx long time
I greet you bro.
Respect
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Born2winnx: 6:03pm On May 11
Carcholce:
Was She suffering while alive?

But you know that kind settings when you hardly see her with people coming to visit and you wonder despite being an indigene of the place.
Struggling to go get things herself and all
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by 1000Capacity: 8:24pm On May 11
Ii
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by TheWinterBird(f): 4:03am On May 12
May her soul rest in peace.

Born2winnx:

But you know that kind settings when you hardly see her with people coming to visit and you wonder despite being an indigene of the place.
Struggling to go get things herself and all

Eeya. So they didn't assist her in her old age, didn't bother to check on her and basically did nothing for her when she was alive? Very wicked set of people. They're obviously only at the funeral to eat and drink. Awon wicked gluttons.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by AcadaWriter: 5:20am On May 12
disciplined She suffering while alive?
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Sewasaunt(f): 7:56am On May 12
See ehn. You just can't explain Nigeria.

Many people will abandon their relatives in the hospital and not check up on them and hardly raise hospital fees.

A Lastma official once harassed Doctors for making him take his brother's blood sample to the lab for different tests and said it should be the job of the doctors and we were just stressing family members (just to go to the lab o).

Same person may die and money and energy for burial planning will come out in abundance.

There was a time a woman couldn't afford barely 50,000 for hospital fees after a vaginal delivery.

The hospital let her go when they were tired.

That same week, the family threw a big party for the baby's naming ceremony and killed rams worth multiples of the 50,000 owed.

Nigerians will leave their old parents unattended and barely send money, once the person dies, huge parties will be thrown to "honour the dead" and they can even keep the corpse in the morgue for months just to raise money for a huge burial ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:09am On May 12
Sewasaunt:
See ehn. You just can't explain Nigeria.

Many people will abandon their relatives in the hospital and not check up on them and hardly raise hospital fees.

A Lastma official once harassed Doctors for making him take his brother's blood sample to the lab for different tests and said it should be the job of the doctors and we were just stressing family members (just to go to the lab o).

Same person may die and money and energy for burial planning will come out in abundance.

There was a time a woman couldn't afford barely 50,000 for hospital fees after a vaginal delivery.

That same week, the family threw a big party for the baby's naming ceremony and killed rams worth multiples of the 50,000 owed.

Nigerians will leave their old parents unattended and barely send money, once the person dies, huge parties will be thrown to "honour the dead" and they can even keep the corpse in the morgue for months just to raise money for a huge burial ceremony.

This happened sometime ago one of the nurses saw the couple preparing for the party informed her boss ,the hospital had to carried the baby on the day of naming ceremony before they got their money

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On May 12
hakeemhakeem:

This happened sometime ago one of the nurses saw the couple preparing for the party informed her boss ,the hospital had to carried the baby on the day of naming ceremony before they got their money

grin shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by Stevenbright(m): 5:03pm On May 12
Sewasaunt:

On this, it clearly shows lack of love for the sick person. They really don't care if he survives or not. They are just there to fulfill all righteousness.

On this, the couple were being tricky not willing to pay for the services rendered them by the hospital. Someone else's comment on this already confirmed this my view.

On this, they spend so heavily not even to give the dead a befitting burial but to show off to the community and their various associations that they can also organized a big party too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Families Behave This Way? by frozen70(f): 9:20pm On May 12
Born2winnx:
I just woke up this morning, and wanted to get fuel, and behold, on getting out from the compound, I realized the whole place had been filled with canopies and chairs with the road barricade. A woman who died a few months ago was getting buried today. Can you imagine, when this old woman was alive, we hardly saw family relatives come visiting or caring for her, and now that she's dead, they're giving her a befitting burial by faces we've hardly seen before blocking everyone? I can't even go out close to 20 canopies. It's almost like they were waiting for her to die to celebrate. This makes me wonder why some families behave like this, especially in Nigeria

They are doing so to paint a picture that never existed

Another way of covering their shame of negligence on the poor woman who suffered to death

(1) (Reply)

How To Plan Your Family / Critical Situation! Pls Help Out! / 77 Things You Need To Know Before Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.