Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,084 members, 7,845,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? (1158 Views)

How About A Cassava Peeling And Washing That Actually Works? / What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by willybaby(m): 7:31am On May 14
Nezzjnr:
Please be very careful when looking for lands.

If people aren't farming there.... Please run for your dear life.

simple fact. Not going around shouting massacre about a place you've never been to or have an idea about.

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 8:29am On May 14
Lease .. land to lease . You don't expect me to buy land inside the middle of nowhere?

I need land to lease for cassava farming .
Minimum of 20acres and must be tractorizable..
GideonOludayomi:

What! For 2 years in Nigeria?
What type of land were you looking for? Rentage or outright purchase? And in what location do you need it?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ezekieloe(m): 8:36am On May 14
Curious345:
I have 5m to invest in this cassava farming. I have looked for land for 2 years and have found none

There is land in Moko, Ogun State very close to Ofada. The land there is cheap.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ezekieloe(m): 8:39am On May 14
Curious345:
Lease .. land to lease . You don't expect me to buy land inside the middle of nowhere?

Yes there is land in Moko. There is also Government land. Ougn-Osun River Basin.

You can contact me if you need.

I have one and quarter acre of land there that I bought opposite the government land.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ezekieloe(m): 8:40am On May 14
Curious345:

You can lease government land in moko. It is measured per hectre.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 8:40am On May 14
ezekieloe:

You can lease government land in moko. It is measured per hectre.

You mean OORBDA
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 9:22am On May 14
willybaby:
simple fact. Not going around shouting massacre about a place you've never been to or have an idea about.

Thank you. The social media paranoia is completely crazy. People who haven't left their homes are judging things they know nothing about !

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by A4alpha: 11:44am On May 14
In cassava farming, can two plots of cassava farmland give one a reasonable return for investment and how much is enough to for the planting and all including labour cost?

ProjectsCityNG:

Cassava is the safest way not to lose money in life. Go ahead. You are safe
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 11:46am On May 14
A4alpha:
In cassava farming, can two plots of cassava farmland give one a reasonable return for investment and how much is enough to for the planting and all including labour cost?

Just 67,000 Naira.

Yes, two plots can give around say 120,000 Naira

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 11:48am On May 14
ProjectsCityNG:

Just 67,000 Naira.

do you have a cassava farm
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by A4alpha: 11:49am On May 14
Please which vegee is shukur?
moreso can one succeed in vegee farming without provision of steady water supply?

Lastly, please can one or two plots of land give a reasonable return for investment?

wittywriter:

OP try consumables like vegees....my clients harvest and cash-out every 3weeks....Stop-playing.

The vegees process is a no loss as long as it's monitored...moreso vegees like shukur has high demand hence nothing to fear.

Do you only need land? You'll also need to pay tenders(workers) but if your intent is to put your money as an investor for ROI then we'll and good...I'll link you.

Location?

Wittyness
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 11:52am On May 14
Curious345:
do you have a cassava farm

I do

I have six acres maize even as I write. I am staying in my farm settlement permanently even as of this hour and won't be moving out till next year January or so

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 12:13pm On May 14
ProjectsCityNG:

I do

I have six acres maize even as I write. I am staying in my farm settlement permanently even as of this hour and won't be moving out till next year January or so
what location is that
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 12:17pm On May 14
Curious345:
what location is that

Oyo state. Adding ten acres more by June
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Curious345: 2:27pm On May 14
ProjectsCityNG:

Oyo state. Adding ten acres more by June
share pictures of your farm . With the farm in the background and you cooking in the kitchen ..
I mean you said you live deep inside the jungle in your farm alone ,in the dark with hyenas?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 3:10pm On May 14
Curious345:
share pictures of your farm . With the farm in the background and you cooking in the kitchen ..
I mean you said you live deep inside the jungle in your farm alone ,in the dark with hyenas?

Don't worry. I just returned and took pictures today because I knew accusers like you would spring up. Not to worry, don't give me money, call me or ever meet with me. But I will find time create a thread and publish them on a. Fresh thread of mine

Good Day
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Otiwaikuku: 6:45pm On May 16
GideonOludayomi:

What! For 2 years in Nigeria?
What type of land were you looking for? Rentage or outright purchase? And in what location do you need it?

I need farmlands for outright sale.Pls where do you have so we can deal
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Otiwaikuku: 6:47pm On May 16
ProjectsCityNG:

Don't worry. I just returned and took pictures today because I knew accusers like you would spring up. Not to worry, don't give me money, call me or ever meet with me. But I will find time create a thread and publish them on a. Fresh thread of mine

Good Day

Pls I am interested in the Ofada farmland outright buy
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 6:50pm On May 16
Otiwaikuku:

Pls I am interested in the Ofada farmland outright buy

I have access to tons of lands in Ofada axis. If you guys are really ready, let's gather together, indicate real interest, and I will go and visit my homies there and seal the entire arrangement. If you want fifty acres in Ofada, I know where to get it
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by newoffer: 5:28pm On May 17
Invest in a real farm and not those ponzi schemes

1 Like

Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by leadinggists(m): 10:50am On May 19
Fully padded Oven that can smoke more than 400 fishes for sale in Ibadan 08037451921
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Mrdellychy: 10:44pm On May 19
ProjectsCityNG:

Just 67,000 Naira.

120k from 2plots over a period of 10 to 12 months, whether gross or net, is too poor.
A plot should give nothing less than 500 heaps/stands of cassava. Currently in my area , the tuber is sold N50k per 200 stand (they call it one igba and you people are talking about 2 plots which can generate roughly 1000 stands./heaps.
The cost of the total expenses can be offset by intercropping it with stuff like maize that can be sold off in less than 3months.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 4:35am On May 20
Mrdellychy:

120k from 2plots over a period of 10 to 12 months, whether gross or net, is too poor.
A plot should give nothing less than 500 heaps/stands of cassava. Currently in my area , the tuber is sold N50k per 200 stand (they call it one igba and you people are talking about 2 plots which can generate roughly 1000 stands./heaps.
The cost of the total expenses can be offset by intercropping it with stuff like maize that can be sold off in less than 3months.

That's cassava for you
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by epainos: 5:22am On May 20
Mrdellychy:

Lol! I saw it too na. See, there is always an intention behind what humans do. But take it from me, people who pose like "dem dey help you" .....believe me...they have their ways of helping themselves. Lol.

Do you really believe there is a place in Nigeria now of today with the way things are, and the sales from a plot of cassava is around N60k? Lol. Na so dem dey help na and collect 50 to 70% of the sales. Lol.

I don't know why people don't just focus on their projects and pray God should bless them there instead of messing around like this. Na dem dey always get invisible massive acres of crop....lol...like how guy man is claiming ownership of 6 acres around the thread. Lol.

May God help new farmers. The way people who are readynto milk them dry pretend like angel Gabriel and keep delivering "better messages" to them. Lol. Don't be surprised that such people will even add some things inside the farm to make more profit for themselves and they will not share with the owners. Na their ways.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 6:04am On May 20
epainos:

Lol! I saw it too na. See, there is always an intention behind what humans do. But take it from me, people who pose like "dem dey help you" .....believe me...they have their ways of helping themselves. Lol.

Do you really believe there is a place in Nigeria now of today with the way things are, and the sales from a plot of cassava is around N60k? Lol. Na so dem dey help na and collect 50 to 70% of the sales. Lol.

I don't know why people don't just focus on their projects and pray God should bless them there instead of messing around like this. Na dem dey always get invisible massive acres of crop....lol...like how guy man is claiming ownership of 6 acres around the thread. Lol.

May God help new farmers. The way people who are readynto milk them dry pretend like angel Gabriel and keep delivering "better messages" to them. Lol. Don't be surprised that such people will even add some things inside the farm to make more profit for themselves and they will not share with the owners. Na their ways.

Look how low you are. Have a life and stop being petty trolling me. This site is a public forum and as such is open to discussions. If you hate that people are knowledgeable and are willing to share it for free, you may excuse yourself from the site. Abi, did I ever ask the person who sought my counsel to give me money ?
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by epainos: 7:03am On May 20
ProjectsCityNG:

Look how low you are. Have a life and stop being petty trolling me. This site is a public forum and as such is open to discussions. If you hate that people are knowledgeable and are willing to share it for free, you may excuse yourself from the site. Abi, did I ever ask the person who sought my counsel to give me money ?
No one is trolling anyone. I only made my comment because it is a public forum and opened to discussions like you rightly wrote above.

Did I write you asked for money from the guy? Or are you just revealing your intention?

The issue here is what you should address. You could have explained why it is N60k per plot revenue in your area while in other areas, it is more.... instead of resulting to insults like how opportunists behave. Go relax. Am I the first person to tell you so? The guy who pointed it out said your N60k revenue in your area is extremely poor. I only added "jara" to his observation. Tell us why it is so na instead of insulting me. This is a public forum, and let us discuss it. Give us good reasons why your area's revenue is so low, and let us know why you can't push the products to other areas or even process to something else to give better money to clients you are hustling for? Or you plan to buy cheap from them and you process to garri or fufu and sell at premium price? Oga ....you gat 25 acres na. Why don't you help these people fully. Not bad to use your equipment or labor there. Just collect cash for that na...that's your service...then, let these people gain too in the premium na. If they too will be around with you to hustle.....do it that way..if they won't be around, then, you can buy cassava from them. Lol. I sabi this "paro" na. Consultants dey help indeed. Lol. Sharing brain brain knowledge. Lol.

Oga, relax. When I say relax....relax. Cool off. Clients will come...and treat them well...but for now...just relax. If you don't...na you sabi... Focus on your 25 acres...at N60k per plot. ..you are having N9million sales, but we know sales of 25 acres is roughly N18million. If you turn it to garri or fufu...you can jam N30million or more sales na. So, you be millionaire already na since it is going to be ready soon. I am just wondering why you are so concerned with these little investments new farmers bring up here. Someone with 25 acres cassava that is about to be harvested always stay cool and are relaxed na. "Pepper" is gonna flush out soon na.

By the way, which knowledge have you shared so far here? Lol.

Oga....go relax. Cool off.
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by ProjectsCityNG: 7:22am On May 20
epainos:

No one is trolling anyone. I only made my comment because it is a public forum and opened to discussions like you rightly wrote above.

Did I write you asked for money from the guy? Or are you just revealing your intention?

The issue here is what you should address. You could have explained why it is N60k per plot revenue in your area while in other areas, it is more.... instead of resulting to insults like how opportunists behave. Go relax. Am I the first person to tell you so? The guy who pointed it out said your N60k revenue in your area is extremely poor. I only added "jara" to his observation. Tell us why it is so na instead of insulting me. This is a public forum, and let us discuss it. Give us good reasons why your area's revenue is so low, and let us know why you can't push the products to other areas or even process to something else to give better money to clients you are hustling for? Or you plan to buy cheap from them and you process to garri or fufu and sell at premium price? Oga ....you gat 25 acres na. Why don't you help these people fully. Not bad to use your equipment or labor there. Just collect cash for that na...that's your service...then, let these people gain too in the premium na. If they too will be around with you to hustle.....do it that way..if they won't be around, then, you can buy cassava from them. Lol. I sabi this "paro" na. Consultants dey help indeed. Lol. Sharing brain brain knowledge. Lol.

Oga, relax. When I say relax....relax. Cool off. Clients will come...and treat them well...but for now...just relax. If you don't...na you sabi... Focus on your 25 acres...at N60k per plot. ..you are having N9million sales, but we know sales of 25 acres is roughly N18million. If you turn it to garri or fufu...you can jam N30million or more sales na. So, you be millionaire already na since it is going to be ready soon. I am just wondering why you are so concerned with these little investments new farmers bring up here. Someone with 25 acres cassava that is about to be harvested always stay cool and are relaxed na. "Pepper" is gonna flush out soon na.

By the way, which knowledge have you shared so far here? Lol.

Oga....go relax. Cool off.

Look up the meaning of a forum

I am not reading your tedious attempts to defame me. It will sadden you I didn't read a single one of them. Now be gone, nuisance
Re: Should I Invest This Money Into A Cassava Farm? by Mrdellychy: 9:39pm On May 20
epainos:

cool
Welcome back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Help People Set Up There Poultry Farm / suckers available / Dear My Friends Here, We Supply Oil Presses Machines, Oil Extraction Machines!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.