Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,077 members, 7,849,377 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) (25026 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Curses Fulani Herdsmen / Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Funflipper: 1:37pm On May 12
Dibodibo:
Na wa for you ooo, a bottle of coke was #5 egg roll was also #5 in the 80s

A bottle of coke 5 naira in the 80s? Try 50 kobo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by babamoha(m): 1:47pm On May 12
So who come dey spend church money?
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by haphizz57(m): 1:50pm On May 12
Den the #10 has value compare it to now
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:59pm On May 12
Yampotatocarrot:

No one preaches salvation more than him? If you're a Christian, I believe you know you just LIED?

But if you actually stand by your statement, then I leave you to your God on the judgement day

I'm a man of conviction. I stand on my statement.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by rollywise(m): 2:04pm On May 12
idanone:
that was a huge amount of money back then.... People marry with that same amount those years.

Lies. Go and verify
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by tabaralph: 2:13pm On May 12
Orathird:

Your story may be real but I can tell you there are lots of people who approach the church with a fake story. The church has to learn lessons too.

We accommodated a stranger one time in our house. Instead of him to thank us for the hospitality, he robbed us. He stole many things from us.

Do you think I can comfortably accommodate a stranger again? I have experienced what a stranger did to me.

This is how it is in the church. Lots of people approach the church for help of all sorts expecting the church to fulfill it.
I hold no grudges against the church but trust me my tithes and offerings will rather goes to the motherless baby home, let the judgment be between me and my God, I maintain that you can’t go to 70% of these churches for help and get any, their doctrine is bring bring and bring, they don’t give, and by the way there is no way I will cook up such story, and I forgot to mention that we begged him if he can buy us the bus ticket online not as if we are asking him to give us the cash…. It’s well
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Promax4321: 2:15pm On May 12
What is God's money, the one he collects from gullible people what that one called. Malachi was talking to synagogue leaders and concluded that the were stealing His gift associated to Deut tithe people are supposed to eat in church.

He has gathered enough that those who contributed cannot assess in his schools, private vehicles,, etc. Will he allow any to contribute 10 in his church, but he Levy's members

He should mentioned where Jesus paid tithe, Peter, Paul, James,, John and the rest paid tithe.

They started very well but mamon took over.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by SlavaUkraini: 2:16pm On May 12
soccerlite:

You are funny

If you want defend oyedepo, defend him jejely with you pr

Stop your heresy ,

Where (s) in the Bible did Jesus Christ talk about money, after the parable of talent - ( if you know the meaning of parable) which other places did Christ mention money

Did Christ talk about making worldly money

Lastly

Mention the Street oyedepo has been evangelizing

I repeat.... Go and verify

Go and do your research on the different streets in Ogun State that Oyedepo does street evangelism instead of hating on the man

As for jesus and money...

So you now admit that almost all the parables of Christ are talent, treasures and money related...

Same way the video you watched above was not really about financial prosperity but about righteousness and keeping your hands clean...
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Ulogwe1: 2:16pm On May 12
Melagros:
COMRADES, N10 in the 80s is equivalent to 10million today
So, Oyedepo you have been rich right from the beginning

Una too dey exaggerate things, something that cannot buy a bag of cement then.

Infact, coke in the 80s was #5
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by iSense247: 2:21pm On May 12
Zonefree:
Why's this man's preaching always about Money Money Money?

They don't preach salvation again.
Did he stops you from preaching salvation?
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by SlavaUkraini: 2:23pm On May 12
Falseprofet2:

This false Prophet again..

Your screenshot doesn't change the fact that while Jesus was teaching about the kingdom of God,

Using parables...

He normally referred to money, treasures, talents etc in his messages...

The same thing you just watched in the video above....

Bishop David Oyedepo was not preaching about financial prosperity but on righteous living and keeping your hands off any money that is not yours...
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by ellizy(m): 2:24pm On May 12
Melagros:
Na 1 trillion, you're making a mistake
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by soccerlite: 2:35pm On May 12
SlavaUkraini:

I repeat.... Go and verify

Go and do your research on the different streets in Ogun State that Oyedepo does street evangelism instead of hating on the man

As for jesus and money...

So you now admit that almost all the parables of Christ are talent, treasures and money related...

Same way the video you watched above was not really about financial prosperity but about righteousness and keeping your hands clean...

You are not talking to a non Christian

Parables are diff from events

Oyedepo was talking about an event that involve him spending money why equate it Jesus Christ parables

What's my business about hating on the man, if what's he's doing is what Jesus Christ did or expect from pastor according to Bible, the end will justify.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by SlavaUkraini: 2:44pm On May 12
soccerlite:

You are not talking to a non Christian

Parables are diff from events

Oyedepo was talking about an event that involve him spending money why equate it Jesus Christ parables

What's my business about hating on the man, if what's he's doing is what Jesus Christ did or expect from pastor according to Bible, the end will justify.

While using parables to pass his messages along, Jesus would normally reference money, treasures, talents .... right ?

There is no big deal about that...

While using life events to pass his message along, David Oyedepo is now making reference to his financial state and condition years ago

So why are haters bashing the man for talking about money in his message when the same Jesus they claimed as their saviour normally make reference to money in his own messages

So many Hypocritical Christians everywhere
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:53pm On May 12
kingxsamz:
Okay, cool. So when did he decide to start touching the money to acquire fleet of cars and jets that he won't take to heaven?
He don't needs to touch Church money to acquire any car of his choice today, those his ministry has blessed can easily get them for him. In facts at it is, his bank alert will be like every two minutes.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:40pm On May 12
Zonefree:

Even his useless books are all about money and prosperity.You would barely get a message on repentance and salvation in any of them.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by being(m): 3:59pm On May 12
kingxsamz:
Okay, cool. So when did he decide to start touching the money to acquire fleet of cars and jets that he won't take to heaven?
He never did... don't u get it?
His money is from personal, direct offerings to him
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by lizychimamanda(f): 4:28pm On May 12
Zonefree:

who told u that?
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by lizychimamanda(f): 4:30pm On May 12
And what is wrong with writing book about money?, have u read all of his books?, go get a life jo
Onyiiobi7735:

Even his useless books are all about money and prosperity.You would barely get a message on repentance and salvation in any of them.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by nairalanda1(m): 4:58pm On May 12
Dibodibo:
Na wa for you ooo, a bottle of coke was #5 egg roll was also #5 in the 80s

NO, that was the 1990's.

A bottle of coke was below N1 up to 1990, N1.50 in 1991, N2 two years later.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by nairalanda1(m): 4:59pm On May 12
Funflipper:

A bottle of coke 5 naira in the 80s? Try 50 kobo.

I can even remeber buying coke at N1.50 In 1991 self.

1 Like

Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by nairalanda1(m): 5:12pm On May 12
ebbo:
Ahab — 1 wife

Herod — 1 wife

Ananias — 1 wife

Pontius Pilate — 1 wife

Jeroboam — 1 wife

Nebuchadnezzar. — 1 wife

Haman — 1 wife

PIlate, Haman and Nebuchadnezzar were at the very least pagans. (Pilate is alleged to have become a christian. Nebuchadnezzar may have become a follower of God later on.)

Herod...had more than one wife. Herod the Great...had at least 3-4 wives..Doris, Marianne1, Marianne 2 and one other wife.
Herod Antipas was the son of Herod, and he did have one wife which was done against the laws of Moses, as his wife was previously married to his brother, who was her uncle (don't ask...). Herod Antipas also had a previous wife, who was the daughter of the neighboruing Arab leader....who he divorced to marry Herodias. Herod's ex father inlaw was....to mildly put it...not amused.
Herod 's family life is not a great advert for polygamy. His eldest son got two of his brothers killed on the grounds that they were plotting against his father. A few years later...the eldest son was executed on the same grounds. Karma is a biatch. Oh, and the two brothers 's mother...killed because Herod's sister did not like her. RIght.

Jeroboam was a worshipper of the golden calves..two of which were at the Northern kingdom he ruled. (Some historians put it as a revival of cannanite cult worship, some think it was an amalgam of cannanite worship and Yahweh worship, which any way in the eyes of a true follower of Yahweh was still idol worship).

1. Abraham — 2 wives

2. Jacob — 4 wives

3. David — 4 wives

4. Solomon — 700 wives

5. Rehoboam — 18 wives

6. Abijah — 14 wives

7. Elkanah — 2 wives

8. Lemech — 2 wives

And they all found favour in the eyes of the Lord.

But the pastors told us that marrying two wives is a sin against God.

Get a sense or perish.

Happy Sunday to the lost Europeans.

1.Abraham married his second wife after his first wife died.

2.Jacob had 4 wives, but how he got his wives was due to some chicanery by his host Laban. Also, Issac had one wife and never betrayed God. Esau had many wives and he betrayed God.

3.David ACTUALLY Had somewhere in the region of 7-10 wives. Abigal, Ahinoam, Maccah, Haggith, Batsheba, and several others. The problem was his penchant for acquiring women led him to get Batsheba...by murdering her husband. And God really dealt with him for that. It didn't stop at Batsheba's first son dying.

4. Solomon...700 wives...and the bible said...THE WIVES TURNED HIM AWAY FROM GOD. He died godless.

5. Rehoboam...18 wives...and has been said...HE DID WHAT WAS EVIL IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. Nothing good about him

6.Abijah...14 wives, and yes...HE DID WHAT WAS EVIL IN THE SIGHT OF GOD. TOO

7.Elkanah...2 wives. Yes, he served God. And his son Samuel...a great prophet...had one wife.

8.Lamech...2 wives. He was a descendant of Cain. (Not Lamech, him who fathered Noah, who had one wife) and he wasn't exactly godly (Someone who boasts of killing someone is not a nice guy).

Right...not as straightforward as you think

Plus monogamy is not a european thing. Europeans had many wives and concubines. The Anglosaxons were not monogamists before they became christian by the way.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by mamawa123: 5:15pm On May 12
Ok, good to hear that bro
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by polycarp65: 5:20pm On May 12
Zonefree:

Pay attention to his teachings you will see that he preachers fortunes that comes with salvation... Kingdom wealth
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Kavod: 5:53pm On May 12
Melagros:
10 NAIRA IN THE 80S IS EQUIVALENT TO 10 MILLION TODAY, OGA BE CALMING DOWN. A BOTTLE OF KREST DRINK WAS 2 NAIRA IN THE 80S. SO YOU SAYING 10 MILLION IS THE PRICE OF 5 SOFT DRINKS TODAY?
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by wizrose(m): 6:35pm On May 12
DAY PLAY WHAT ABOUT THE PRIVATE JET YOU BOUGHT IS IT YOUR MONEY OR CHURCH MONEY.. DAY USE CHURCH COVER FACES
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:09pm On May 12
lizychimamanda:
And what is wrong with writing book about money?, have u read all of his books?, go get a life jo
I wonder why you are WAILING like a frustrated banshee.
You see your mentality.
Is a man of God supposed to write about money in his books, emphasizing on it more than salvation?
Please go get a life and stop disgracing yourself here.
You sound like one of those religious fools who worship the crook,yet can't afford to attend his expensive university or treatment at his church hospital.
Buy sense, you hear
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by rummmy: 7:38pm On May 12
one of the yolobar guy men in suit.........................................................scam is real grin
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by lizychimamanda(f): 9:17pm On May 12
Onyiiobi7735:

You see your mentality.
Is a man of God supposed to write about money in his books, emphasizing on it more than salvation?
You sound like one of those religious fools who worship the crook,yet can't afford to attend his expensive university or treatment at his church hospital.
Buy sense, you hear
e pain u sha. Show me book that u wrote. Iti boribo
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Rebuke: 9:24pm On May 12
Michael547:

But why are these men of God teachings not in agreement? Why do they belong to different churches that are not united?

Who told yhu that? Some of yhu are just expert in talking rubbish.
Re: I Named My Son Isaac With Only ₦10 - Bishop David Oyedepo (Video) by Rebuke: 9:28pm On May 12
Onyiiobi7735:

You see your mentality.
Buy sense, you hear

Go and write yhur own and stop wailing about a man who is fulfilling his destiny. If I ask yhu to tell us about yhur profession now, yhu will start another round of ranting on my mention.

Person wey him life never ever add value to the least person in his family before will also jump on this thread and be capping. Deluded generation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paris New Morning Water Crusade With Prophet TB Joshua / ₦100m Was Paid For My Release - Samuel Uche (Methodist Cleric) / Serious About Your Spiritual Life? Then You Need To Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.