Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,685 members, 7,858,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike (4068 Views)

Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet / Nigeria Is Currently Facing Crisis — Tinubu / Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike by Kukutente23: 11:35pm On May 12
BondRiv:

Whenever you feel like something suits you, then you remember the constitution, otherwise, you discard it when it doesn't favour you. That is wrong. The constitution is the foundation of every other law in Nigeria.

That everyone does something, doesn't make it right. I keep giving you free lessons in politics and life in general. The use of caretaker chairmen are illegal and the Supreme Court has said so. There's is no point going back and forth, I have made my point.

As for the president, let me tell you for free as someone who understands politics, the fight is his. The analysis you will go through to understand this will show your political sagacity. If he is a good politician, he already knows. Case closed.
Lol. You're now accusing me of running to the constitution when he suits me. When did the SC declare caretaker chairman illegal? Can you just mention the year? From the constitution, is the elongation of tenure of chairmen beyond 3 years legal? Can the tenure of govs or president be elongated by NASS? Wike used caretaker chairmen. Was it legal or illegal then?

The president has no business in state affairs. As a matter of fact, it is Wike that's attempting to drag the president into the mess. There's nothing the president stands to gain from the mess being created other than bad press for his government and political instability. Tinubu never won Rivers and he never needed to win reverse to emerge president. So to claim that he has something to lose reeks if blackmail
Re: Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike by SupremeSpecimen: 12:23am On May 13
Righthussle:
If you're masturbating over this news. Well just know that in 2027, Wike will still deliver Rivers votes to Tinubu. Fubara and Ameachi are doing what they're doing just to deliver Rivers votes to Atiku in 2027. But that will never happen.

You're like a happy zombie

Nigerians are weird. You people can be educated and still think like local village man 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike by leokid866: 3:19am On May 13
Yourbaslayer:

This matter is above your comprehension, go and help your mama for kitchen
yes cause for your mind fubara will go Scott free and atiku will return in 2027 on pdp ballot for the third time in a row......
Re: Rivers Crisis: Tinubu Won’t Side You – Presidency To Wike by sweerychick(f): 7:38am On May 13
Googledotcom:
The governor has on several occasions maintained restraint to the extent people online call him weak. No sitting governor or president can keep quite when pushed to the wall and maintain silence the way Fubara has done even when he has all the executive powers to act.

Wike has even emboldened local government chairman to insult the governor on live TV which means if he has the tools he can even empower thugs to disturb the peace we are enjoying. Security personnel ought to have put Wike on watch list. No body is bigger than the law.
Fubara is very smart. People don't know this. They think that Fubara is a thug like Wike, Fubara is fighting with wisdom. He knows the legislative in the state is his biggest threat. That's why he's dealing with them. I can see some kids here shouting Wike is so powerful bla bla bla and i laugh.
Tinubu knows that Wike is a liability to him so he's allowing what is playing out in Rivers state do so. The last thing Tinubu would want is someone like Wike by his side. When Wike invited Tinubu in 2023 as a governor to commission rumuokuta flyover, Tinubu made a cryptic statement. He told Wike "I owe you nothing I commend you for your efforts though". He went Further by acknowledging Peter Odili as the only man he respects. Not even Wike. So from Tinubus body language you see he doesn't even like Wike he's merely tolerating him because of his efforts. Kids here don't understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti Deputy Governor is Dead / Pauline Tallen's Son Marries Princess Adaora Nomeh / Why Oil revenue in 2016 budget is just 820 billion naira? An Explanation!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.