Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,799 members, 7,844,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba (1893 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye Meets Attah Of Igala For Royal Blessings (Photos) / Mbaka: Enugu Catholic Bishop, Calistus Onaga Responsible For My Disappearance / How Igala Conquered And Colonized Igbos (1450–18th Century) * (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by yommen: 2:49pm On May 12
zeuss:

Bigots like you need to be lynched

Lynched! Na so e pain you reach?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Nyamiriflathed: 2:50pm On May 12
Lizzysamuel:

You avoided my second reply 😂.

Why?

Fulani slave why?
Perhaps you do not know the meaning of your tribal name given to you by the igalas that conquered northern igboland. The meaning is the bolded 😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Nyamiriflathed: 2:54pm On May 12
paramakina202:

If Igala invaded northern Igboland which is today's Anambra and some parts of Enugu state,we from southern Igboland remain untouched by Igala influence or whatever.
Aro confederacy had much power over the southern igboland.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Christistruth00: 2:57pm On May 12
jmoore:
Doesn't change the fact that Reno Omonkey is a fool.

Bandits just killed more than 40 people in Zamfara.

And Ipob are Saints that love everyone

They were only helping those they deleted to have meeting with God

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by ariesbull: 3:11pm On May 12
Stupid priest telling foolish lies

During the early 19th century, the Eastern Igbo subgroups located in Ebonyi State underwent a significant migration towards the Cross River areas, this in turn manifested in boundary disputes between several Eastern Igbo groups with her neighbours such as Ikwo-Nsobo and Osopo of Cross River State, Izzi – Osopo and Yala of Cross River State and Mgbo-Igala of Benue State. A similar migration skirmish towards Abia State in the 17th century established the Aro Confederacy. As the Ezza, Izzi, Ikwo subgroups moved northward, all who are said to descend from siblings whose patriarch hailed from Afikpo, the Ezza ecountered the indigenous Orri people and protected them from extinction in exchange for farming rights. The Ikwo people encountered the Okum and annihilated then assimilated the rest of them, the Okum do not exist as an identifiable group anymore but there is archeological and cultural proof of their existence, as there are non-Igbo dances and masquerades in modern Ikwo culture. The southern Ikwo displaced the indigenous Adadama group far to modern Cross River State.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo%E2%80%93Igala_wars#:~:text=The%20Nsukka%2DIgala%20wars%20occurred,district%20for%20almost%20a%20century.
Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by ariesbull: 3:12pm On May 12
Conflict with Igala
edit
As the Igala already lived in the area with the Orri they sought friendship with the Ezza and gave them land for farming. However, betrayed by the Ezza whose true intent was expansion and to address their ongoing land scarcity. It led to a conflict between the two groups, resulting in the Igala's defeat and expulsion from their occupied territory which the Ezza then took control of. The Agba community, located in Ebo Ndiagu, Ochuhu Agba, and Orie Agba Elu, faced defeat as the Ezza's territory expanded. Some rallied, but despite putting up a spirited but brief defense, the Agba were compelled to retreat southwards, leaving their abandoned lands to be later settled by Umunwagu and Ikwuate (Idembia). Seeking safety and security, the Agba people sought refuge in Ishielu Division, departing from their original mainland settlements. The Ezza met them again in 1850 and again conquered and displaced the remnants, naming the new territory Ezzagu.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by jmoore(m): 3:24pm On May 12
Christistruth00:

And Ipob are Saints that love everyone

They were only helping those they deleted to have meeting with God
Only a dumb creature with no brain will try to use the name of IPOB to attack me.
I have never been a supporter of IPOB.

Try something else with your babablu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Elzazzi: 3:33pm On May 12
LadyRosa:
Nice to know. The igalas share boundaries with igboland and so at some point its expected our histories interwines.

I rather we celebrate their inherited culture than to be Unfortunate to have the religious culture of Usman Dan Fodio bring his terrorist religion to igoland like he did to kwara, and Unfortunately some part of Benue.

I can't imagine being subjected to a religion that derives joy in sniffing each others butts while praying.

Tufiakwa!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by LadyRosa(f): 3:36pm On May 12
opamoses1:

Damage control 😂

The bishop simply said your tribes were conquered and slaves to the Attah Igala.

News flash: The igalas are yoruboid as well. LMAO

Yes, we are conquered by the igalas. They are living way larger than life than us. There's no damage control here.Atleast, We don't have Emirate council in igboland like in kwara. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by LadyRosa(f): 3:39pm On May 12
HypocriticalObi:
I didn't remember asking you about my father, keep my miserable family atrocities to my family

I'm sorry for gossiping. sad

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Dafresh: 3:46pm On May 12
jmoore:
Doesn't change the fact that Reno Omonkey is a fool.

Bandits just killed more than 40 people in Zamfara.
The mumu Reno done block me for Twitter

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Bulldozer90: 3:50pm On May 12
Myths and legends.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by ShoeGetSize: 4:02pm On May 12
Come on my maiguard. This is not how you talk to your master. Or do you want to get sacked?

HypocriticalObi:
Reno Omokri said something similar, no wonder they have no tanible history or ancestry, they are always enmeshed in criminaliiities and no regard for anyone.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Nyamiriflathed: 4:19pm On May 12
LadyRosa:

Yes, we are conquered by the igalas. They are living way larger than life than us. There's no damage control here.Atleast, We don't have Emirate council in igboland like in kwara. tongue
You have several Igala kings in Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi. They are still ruling over a lot of you in North Alaibo.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by zeuss: 4:25pm On May 12
yommen:

Lynched! Na so e pain you reach?
What u r filled with is disgusting I am sure u r a true Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by LadyRosa(f): 4:29pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

You have several Igala kings in Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi. They are still ruling over a lot of you in North Alaibo.

As long as they are not sniffing butts, no wahala cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by masterfactor(m): 4:40pm On May 12
Depriest2020:
If true that 40% of northern Igbo are actually Igalas by origin, that means those northern Igbos by right are entitled to all the land of the Igalas in Kogi state.

cool
Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Fujiyama: 4:53pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

A minority tribe conquered you 😂

^^^
You can refer to yourself as a member of a 'tribe'. Don't drag the Igala into that nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Fujiyama: 4:59pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

Perhaps you do not know the meaning of your tribal name given to you by the igalas that conquered northern igboland. The meaning is the bolded 😂

^^^
Interesting...but...

The name for slave in Igala isn't 'Igbo'...

The term used is 'Adu'.

But this Shelton's book is worth a read.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Orinechi: 5:00pm On May 12
When they don't know their history, whatever anybody who is highly placed or seen as educated tellsl them becomes one. Today, how many of us know the name of our great grand father? Some don't even know the name of their village. Some of them have even jettison their surnames just to align with the 21st century nonsense. Look at my people falling on one another in acceptance that they ate from Igala just because a priest gave such acct.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Justiceleague1: 5:01pm On May 12
muhammaduyusufu:
Everybody should take note of this op.
He's of those Fulani oligarchs who are desperately sponsoring division in the south against 2027.
So unfortunate some foolish southerners abound

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Fujiyama: 5:13pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

The igalas also gave the Igbo tribe it's name "Igbo" which the meaning in igala is not too pleasant.

^^^
grin

You are trying to drag the Igala into your back and forth. They don't have time for that.

Igbo is the name of an ethnicity in Nigeria. As far as I have been able to find out, it has no meaning in Igala.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Nyamiriflathed: 5:16pm On May 12
Fujiyama:

^^^
You can refer to yourself as a member of a 'tribe'. Don't drag the Igala into that nonsense.

Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

You are trying to drag the Igala into your back and forth. They don't have time for that.

Igbo is the name of an ethnicity in Nigeria. It has no meaning in Igala.
Am I anambra1st son or the Catholic bishop? cheesy

Anyway, more books or article for you to read. This is from a University in Boston.

https://library.bu.edu/igbo#:~:text=According%20to%20other%20theorists%2C%20it,diverse%20countries%20of%20the%20world.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Mrexcell(m): 5:29pm On May 12
So why are these conquered igbo communities not speaking igala or having igala Kings like we see in hausaland where the fulani conquest is very visible for all to clearly see? Some nigerians will just wake up and concort his own history just to prove that his tribe is more superior the igalas we see today don't even look like a dorminering ethnic group that have conquered any ethnic group before.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Ofemannnu: 5:29pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:

The igalas also gave the Igbo tribe it's name "Igbo" which the meaning in igala is not too pleasant.
Have read it in their history too.
It was a degrading name and not all Igbos were called Igbos during that period but the name later encapsulated all of them including the Igalas who colonised them (only that each clan knows its root)
The ones that called others Igbos later got their descendants being called Igbos too.
Outsiders knew and continue to know them as Igbos till date.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Fujiyama: 5:37pm On May 12
Nyamiriflathed:
Am I anambra1st son or the Catholic bishop? cheesy

Anyway, more books or article for you to read. This is from a University in Boston.

https://library.bu.edu/igbo#:~:text=According%20to%20other%20theorists%2C%20it,diverse%20countries%20of%20the%20world.

^^^
But we haven't been told who these theorists are. Citations on the word 'Onigbo' would have been very useful but there are none in your extract.

I am very much interested in the etymology of this word 'Onigbo'. As far as I have been able to find out, it is not a word of Igala origin...or it actually is but it fell out of use long ago. The word for slave in modern Igala is 'Adu'. The word for person or people in Igala is 'One', (I have omitted the accents) which may or may not be a variation of the term 'Oni' you mentioned earlier.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Goodvibes007: 5:41pm On May 12
Mrexcell:
So why are these conquered igbo communities not speaking igala or having igala Kings like we see in hausaland where the fulani conquest is very visible for all to clearly see? Some nigerians will just wake up and concort his own history just to prove that his tribe is more superior the igalas we see today don't even look like a dorminering ethnic group that have conquered any ethnic group before.
Are you kidding me lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xxLn2iAAWs?si=wFtToQF6iFzzWy55

Also google:

Agaba Idu II of Izhia Kingdom in Ebonyi state.
Guess what tribe uses the title Agaba Idu.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Fujiyama: 5:56pm On May 12
Goodvibes007:

Are you kidding me lol.

^^^
The video doesn't lie.

And this isn't the only community. To this day, communities from Taraba attend the coronation of every new Attah Igala, because of Igala conquest of these communities during the old wars between the Igala and the Kwararafa in pre-colonial times.

Igala war stories and conquest also extend to Yorubaland. To this day, the traditional ruler in Ayede Ekiti is known as the Attah (although there can only be one Attah in the real sense and that is the Attah Igala cheesy)

To this day, the Attah Igala has (as part of his ceremonial attire) bronze masks seized from the Bini during one of the many wars fought between the Bini and Igala kingdoms in times long past.

Interesting history. But as someone said earlier - there is peace now - and that's what matters.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by YorubaForum: 5:57pm On May 12
Igbos believe this nonsense from muhammad yusuf at ur own peril, this how Benin people came with their own story, nonsense as usual.

Every tribe is claiming to have ties with the Igbos, but when we shout Biafra War, all them idiots will run away at once and deny that they have never seen or heard about us in their entire existence before, just the same way Our Lord Jesus was denied by those who claimed they love him, COWARDS.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by Mrexcell(m): 7:17pm On May 12
Goodvibes007:

Are you kidding me lol.

Also google:

Agaba Idu II of Izhia Kingdom in Ebonyi state.
Guess what tribe uses the title Agaba Idu.

Still doesn't proves anything, here in delta state many igbo speaking communities that are close to edo state their traditional rulers uses bini traditional attires does it now means they were all conquered and colonized by the binis? Use ur head man and stop the assumptions.
Re: Catholic Bishop: Attah of Igala Conquered Northern Igboland All The Way To Asaba by fregeneh(m): 8:00pm On May 12
What is the meaning? :-
Nyamiriflathed:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Sullivan Chime Of Enugu State Poisoned? / Al Mustapha Video Showed In Court, Claims Ribadu Tried To Assasinate Him / Hausa arsonists set alight 30 Igbo Shops In Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.