Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,407 members, 7,843,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland (1669 Views)

If South South Is Igboland Then Jonathan Was An Igbo President / Women Protest Against Anambra Land Grab For Airport (Photo) / This Is Igboland Nigeria. Enugu To Be Precise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by rdokoye: 8:46pm On May 13
Danisaint112:
The damage was done during The Biafran war.

Gowon and his cohorts succeeded brainswashing many of our Southern Igbo Elders back then. He deceived them into believing that the oil is what Ojukwu was after.

Imagine IKWERES that if they speak Igbo I hear clearly are claiming no to be Igbo. Tueh!

If there is any set of people close to the Igbo territory that will claim not to be Igbo and we might maybe agree, it's the people of Ebonyi. Because as a person based on central Igbo you must have gone deep in Igbo language and pay close attention when they speak to understand them most times.

Now imagine Gowon succeeded in barianwashing them (people of Ebony) just like he did to the Ikweres and the Igbo speaking towns of Rivers State, Ebonyi people of today would have never agreed ever relating to igbos at any point at all.

But this people traced their root carefully and discovered it all leads to Igbo ancestry and making them come to the realization that they are full blooded Igbos.

Gowon is the very reason Nigeria is still one in great disunity today.
This is one reason I keep saying that Gowon will not die a good death for the atrocities he committed against the Igbo race.

This is my stand: If Biafra were to ever turn a reality someday, then let only the five Igbo states go. We are not landlocked and can never be. Proper research has been done and many routesfound where large vessels can sail through. One of such examples is the Abia state Axis.

A Biafra based on only 5 Igbo states would thrive and be peaceful. I wouldn't want A Biafra that would become another Nigeria (disunity, Jealousy, tribalism and the likes). I want a whole Nation that unanimously agree to be one.

We can still be good neighbors with our lost brothers.
Our southerners brothers who have been misinformed by their grandparents ignorance will thrive better with their Niger Delta Republic and peace will rain. This is my opinion. Peace.

They weren't brainwashed, it was survival. After the war, Igbo people were ostracized from society. Denying one's "igboness" was done for survival purposes. You must understand, Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani people committed crimes against humanity, that's why information on the war is sketchy and unclear - an attempt to cover it up.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 9:14pm On May 13
oluztx:

The problem with you agbadox is you don't travel. Know this by fire or by force, 3/4 of the people in your so-calked SS are Igbo people or related to Igbos. I'm saying this now so that when another civil war starts, you don't foolishly run into an Igbo man's house for refuge. That day, you will know the sefia pain Awolowo went through after eating that otapiapia.

You need to caution your people, learn from mistakes of Ojukwu and the Biafran leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 9:19pm On May 13
Danisaint112:
The damage was done during The Biafran war.

Gowon and his cohorts succeeded brainswashing many of our Southern Igbo Elders back then. He deceived them into believing that the oil is what Ojukwu was after.

Imagine IKWERES that if they speak Igbo I hear clearly are claiming no to be Igbo. Tueh!

If there is any set of people close to the Igbo territory that will claim not to be Igbo and we might maybe agree, it's the people of Ebonyi. Because as a person based on central Igbo you must have gone deep in Igbo language and pay close attention when they speak to understand them most times.

Now imagine Gowon succeeded in barianwashing them (people of Ebony) just like he did to the Ikweres and the Igbo speaking towns of Rivers State, Ebonyi people of today would have never agreed ever relating to igbos at any point at all.

But this people traced their root carefully and discovered it all leads to Igbo ancestry and making them come to the realization that they are full blooded Igbos.

Gowon is the very reason Nigeria is still one in great disunity today.
This is one reason I keep saying that Gowon will not die a good death for the atrocities he committed against the Igbo race.

This is my stand: If Biafra were to ever turn a reality someday, then let only the five Igbo states go. We are not landlocked and can never be. Proper research has been done and many routesfound where large vessels can sail through. One of such examples is the Abia state Axis.

A Biafra based on only 5 Igbo states would thrive and be peaceful. I wouldn't want A Biafra that would become another Nigeria (disunity, Jealousy, tribalism and the likes). I want a whole Nation that unanimously agree to be one.

We can still be good neighbors with our lost brothers.
Our southerners brothers who have been misinformed by their grandparents ignorance will thrive better with their Niger Delta Republic and peace will rain. This is my opinion. Peace.

You probably think all the Ikwere People are Pry-3 pupils that can't deeply think for themselves such that it takes Gowon to tell them who they should be.

2 Likes

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 9:26pm On May 13
Danisaint112:
Meanwhile, IKWERES are Igbos. Wether they choose to accept it or not. Anyone refusing to accept this is only living in self denial.

Which people in Nigeria need Wikipedia to know their ethnic group?

Do Mbaise and Ngwa people need Wikipedia to prove to them that they are Igbo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 9:27pm On May 13
igwebuike01:
Igbo ethnic group is based on cultural and linguistic affinity. It doesn't mean anybody will come and take your land. The same criteria used in calling Enugu or Nnewi Igbo was used in calling pH (ikwerre territory) Igbo. It doesn't mean anybody wants to take ikwerre land. Has Nnewi people taken Aba land? Or okigwe people taken Enugu land? These are just ethnic grouping. Igbos have always had a highly decentralized system of government. We are not feudalistic like the north or monarchical like Yoruba and Edo. All the Igbo territories in this maps remain sacrosanct

Then what is the meaning of the Tweets and numerous Maps drawn by IPOB?

1 Like

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Danisaint112(m): 1:49am On May 14
oyatz:

Which people in Nigeria need Wikipedia to know their ethnic group?

Do Mbaise and Ngwa people need Wikipedia to prove to them that they are Igbo?

Who says they do I am only trying to tell you they whole world know who you guys are wether you decide to deny till eternity.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Dafresh: 2:07am On May 14
Creamypie:
All these ambitions that end on social media. Igbos belong to and only the east. Even if they continue to relocate south, as they have been doing, especially since when ipob menace started, no square inch belongs 2 Igbos
online noise maker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Dafresh: 2:14am On May 14
Putindbutt:

If dem born una well, bring your ibo day to PH again, until you're being disgraced publicly, una no dey get shame. Ikwerres are not ibos but that statement is to heavy to sink into your head, a minority ethnic group would keep embarrasing you publicly. shame
Ikwerre are Yoruba they not Igbo Ika are Yoruba they're not Igbo Opobo are Yoruba they are not Igbo,Anioma are Yoruba they're not Igbo even the pronunciation sound Yoruba
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Dafresh: 2:16am On May 14
flokii:
Attah of Igala and Igala warriors would be shaking their heads somewhere now.. A large fraction of Anambra up till Enugu belong to Igala people, so how Igbos will carve Igala lands into their biafra map is what I'm yet to understand.
I thought Wike put these landgrabbers in their place not too long ago.. I sense this weak Fubara man will mess things up for Rivers indigenous ethnic groups.
December second
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by naijaking1: 4:39am On May 14
Nyamiriflathed:
Na the normal way of the ibos. They need more land to add to their 5 plots grin

Did That IPOb man not give port Harcourt one funny name igweocha or something like that.

Haaaaah
Now you know!
The name was Igweocha before the white man called it PH.
BTW, Bonny was Igwenga.
Remember some place named Obigbo?

Presence of Ijaw nuisance in PH couldn't even change anything meaningfully despite Yoruba tricks.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by gidgiddy: 5:05am On May 14
oyatz:

Then what is the meaning of the Tweets and numerous Maps drawn by IPOB?

But you are in a map called Nigeria that was drawn by the British?
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 8:06am On May 14
gidgiddy:

But you are in a map called Nigeria that was drawn by the British?

Open another thread for Nigeria ,instead of derailing this, if you don't know the differences between ethnic groups/ethnic homelands and Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 8:09am On May 14
Danisaint112:

Who says they do I am only trying to tell you they whole world know who you guys are wether you decide to deny to eternity.

Is it the 'whole world ' that determined your ethnic group or YOU yourself?

Did the 'Whole world' determine if Kano should be Hausa or not?

1 Like

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by gidgiddy: 8:35am On May 14
oyatz:

Open another thread for Nigeria ,instead of derailing this, if you don't know the differences between ethnic groups/ethnic homelands and Nigeria

The guy is right in what he is saying, all the places he mentioned speak Igbo as their indigenous language. Not only that, they all practice Igbo culture, bear Igbo names, have the 4 Igbo market days, and have "Omenala" as their culture

It doesn't get any more Igbo than that
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Danisaint112(m): 9:29am On May 14
oyatz:

Is it the 'whole world ' that determined your ethnic group or YOU yourself?

Did the 'Whole world' determine if Kano should be Hausa or not?

And have the entire community of Ikwere deny their origin? Most do but some don't. And the entire population knows.

I understand your point about self-identification, and it's true that individuals have the right to define their own identity. However, in the case of the Ikweres, their cultural, linguistic, and historical ties align closely with those of the Igbo people.

This is widely recognized by scholars, historians, and even by the Ikweres themselves. Additionally, reputable sources such as Wikipedia and academic research consistently classify the Ikweres as part of the Igbo ethnic group.

While self-identification is important, it's also valuable to acknowledge the broader context and historical connections that contribute to a group's identity.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Yourbaslayer: 10:46am On May 14
oyatz:

You need to caution your people, learn from mistakes of Ojukwu and the Biafran leaders.

Look at this mumu from coward tribe is talking about caution as if your people get liver, i will start taking your people seriously when you install Oba of Ilorin grin grin
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Creamypie(m): 8:54pm On May 14
Dafresh:
online noise makers. Thats who we are
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by ebufa: 9:16pm On May 14
Putindbutt:

Which ibo union existed in 1930?, ibos that were still roaming naked in 1959 were the ones building school in the ancient city of kano?, you think this forum is radio biafra.

Oga please identify your tribe , make we know where our panel beating hammer go begin to reshapen your empty skull!
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 6:22am On May 15
Yourbaslayer:

Look at this mumu from coward tribe is talking about caution as if your people get liver, i will start taking your people seriously when you install Oba of Ilorin grin grin

I don't need to engage you in silly childish tantrum but we all know the differences 'gra gra' that sacrificed 2 million souls for absolutely NOTHING and bravery.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 6:27am On May 15
Danisaint112:

And have the entire community of Ikwere deny their origin? Most do but some don't. And the entire population knows.

I understand your point about self-identification, and it's true that individuals have the right to define their own identity. However, in the case of the Ikweres, their cultural, linguistic, and historical ties align closely with those of the Igbo people.

This is widely recognized by scholars, historians, and even by the Ikweres themselves. Additionally, reputable sources such as Wikipedia and academic research consistently classify the Ikweres as part of the Igbo ethnic group.

While self-identification is important, it's also valuable to acknowledge the broader context and historical connections that contribute to a group's identity.

You are still making the same mistake: The people concerned assert whoever they want to be, NOT outsiders ,United Nations, not Scholars or Wikipedia.

Has Enugu or Aguleri declared their Igboness? Has Gbaramotu declared their Ijawness?
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by oyatz(m): 6:35am On May 15
gidgiddy:

The guy is right in what he is saying, all the places he mentioned speak Igbo as their indigenous language. Not only that, they all practice Igbo culture, bear Igbo names, have the 4 Igbo market days, and have "Omenala" as their culture

It doesn't get any more Igbo than that

Who declared their language Igbo or their culture Igbo? How do you know that it is not the other way round? How do you know its not the Igbo that speak Ikwerre language and practied Ikweres culture?
Do you have 'Copy right ' over any name or market practices?

Why don't you look at Europeans and learn?

Europeans of different Nationalities bear the same names with slightly different spellings/pronunciations, have so many practices in common and some even speak partially mutually intelligible languages but one doesn't claim the other.

Attempts by Adolf Hitler to invade other European countries where German language is spoken and unified them into one country led to the World War-2, why can't you learn from him.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by gidgiddy: 7:44am On May 15
oyatz:

Who declared their language Igbo or their culture Igbo? How do you know that it is not the other way round? How do you know its not the Igbo that speak Ikwerre language and practied Ikweres culture?
Do you have 'Copy right ' over any name or market practices?

Why don't you look at Europeans and learn?

Europeans of different Nationalities bear the same names with slightly different spellings/pronunciations, have so many practices in common and some even speak partially mutually intelligible languages but one doesn't claim the other.

Attempts by Adolf Hitler to invade other European countries where German language is spoken and unified them into one country led to the World War-2, why can't you learn from him.

What do you know is Igbo? How do you classify one as Igbo? What makes the Ngwa, Nsukka, Abakiliki, Ikwerre, Anambra, Ibeku, Abiriba, Owerri to be Igbo? Any of them can claim to be a seperate ethnic group. Nothing stops the Nsukka man from claiming to be a seperate ethnic group and that Ngwa people stole his language and culture. Nothing stops the Onitsha man from claiming to be a seperate group, and that the Abakiliki man stole his language and culture. Even Etche people who next door to Ikwerre in Rivers State can claim Ikwerre stole their language

But no matter who stole what from who, as long as you speak that branch of the Niger-Congo cluster of languages called Igbo as your ancestral language, as long as 'Omenala' is your culture, you are Igbo. There is no difference between those Nsukka, Ngwa, Onitsha, Etche, Abakiliki, Ikwerre and that is why they are collectively known as Igbo

Don't speak for famous Ikwerre sons and daughters such as former Governor Chibuike Amaechi, Tonto Dike, Duncan Okechukwu(Duncan Mighty), Chukwuemeka Ejekwu(Sabinus) who have all publicly claimed said they are Igbo

Speak for the Bini migrants still suffering identity crisis
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Danisaint112(m): 7:50am On May 15
oyatz:

You are still making the same mistake: The people concerned assert whoever they want to be, NOT outsiders ,United Nations, not Scholars or Wikipedia.

Has Enugu or Aguleri declared their Igboness? Has Gbaramotu declared their Ijawness?

That bolded line shocked me. Please enlighten me. What am I missing. Because since I was born till date they have always said they are Igbos.

As a matter of fact Aguleri even believes the Igbo race started from their point so what point are you trying to make.

Regarding, the Ikweres denial of their origin and your statements, it just like seeing a leopard with all his physical features, characters and mode of communication but no this leopard 🐆 refuses to accept to be a leopard but claims being a tiger 🐯 instead. For something everyone sees.

If this is not foolishness I don't know what you will call it.
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by dealslip(f): 8:23am On May 15
igwebuike01:

Lagos belongs to Benin
Don't be so dull. Bight of Benin spreads from Benin Republic not the Benin City in current Edo State. Can't you see Benin Republic borders Lagos ni. Covetousness is stealing
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Almaigaa: 10:59am On May 15
Shikena:
As a prince of Igala Kingdom, I find this thread interesting.

Igala are the owners of Anambra and half of Enugu State. Igbo people only own Abia, Imo, Ebonyi and half of Enugu State. You guys are major share holders in the East grin

1 Like

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Yourbaslayer: 7:25am On May 16
Almaigaa:

Igala are the owners of Anambra and half of Enugu State. Igbo people only own Abia, Imo, Ebonyi and half of Enugu State. You guys are major share holders in the East grin

Can you stop fouling this thread with your demented ignorance!!
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Yourbaslayer: 7:35am On May 16
oyatz:

I don't need to engage you in silly childish tantrum but we all know the differences 'gra gra' that sacrificed 2 million souls for absolutely NOTHING and bravery.

Chai! See painment grin, dude stop disgracing your entire lineage on Nairaland, can't you see that this topic is above your comprehension? until you reclaim Ilorin before Nigerians will begin to respect your weak tribe, get that into that your thick head grin undecided
Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Almaigaa: 8:09am On May 16
Yourbaslayer:

Can you stop fouling this thread with your demented ignorance!!

Eyahh. The thing pain Emeka grin grin

Re: Land Grab - SE Blogger Nnaa Mehn Tv Claims Port Harcourt Is Igboland by Yourbaslayer: 12:20pm On May 16
Almaigaa:

Eyahh. The thing pain Emeka grin grin

The way you are laughing, you must be hitting the pipe right now grin ; undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Ready To Die In The Course Of Making Nigeria A Better Palace ? Mission 2011 / Ribadu Is Full Of Crap / Nigeria Is A Failed State, A Hell Hole And A Shit Dump!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.