Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,594 members, 7,854,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga (30618 Views)

Yobe To Buy 2 TVs, 2 Air Conditioners For N300M; N210M For Graveyards, Mosques / Supreme Court Sacks Senator Shekarau, Declares Rufai Hanga Senator-Elect / Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by MIKOLOWISKA: 2:46pm On May 13
Wawelexy:
Donations to the dead with constituency money? While the living are starving to death.

Waoh!
don't dead ppl have hungry family members?

1 Like

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by ilemona4you2(m): 3:14pm On May 13
Wisdom272:
Figuring out what puts is doing in the list of burial stuff

Muslims still bury their dead in a very traditional way, without a coffin. After the corpse which is only wrapped on white clothes has been lowered into the grave that is barely 4ft and very narrow, about the width of a very small water channel.The clay pots are broken into two equal halves and spread over the length of the grave before pouring sand.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Yankee101: 3:16pm On May 13
Let your dead bury their dead
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by ilemona4you2(m): 3:19pm On May 13
Chucks13:
Oh my God!!! Clay pots and white clothes to appeal to God? Which God if I may ask? Is that in your quran Mr Man?

Bro you are doing ritual and trying its to hide it.

So it's clay pots you want to use to appeal to God? Oga we are not kids ok.

Lol. There's nothing ritualistic about using clay pots in burial. That's how it's been done since the time if prophet Muhammad (SAW). That's how Muslims bury the dead in the north, I don't know wether youruba people still use this ancient method sha . Check the post above this one for clarity.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by ilemona4you2(m): 3:24pm On May 13
LadyExcellency:

Point of correction. Is he a traditionalist? Those are sacred items in traditional worship. Nigerian constitution recognizes this as part of our religion.

Clay pots have always been used by Muslims in the north to bury thier dead since ancient times. Just like how Christians use coffin. Kindly scroll up this page and check the first post I made about how's been done.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by ilemona4you2(m): 3:35pm On May 13
Mrexcell:

Me too waiting for a muslim to explain the meaning.

Muslims don't use caskets. The corpse is only wrapped in a white clothes before it is lowered in a very narrow and shallow grave. Then the clay pots are broken into two equal halves along their axis. The grave is so narrow that the opening can be covered by these broken pieces of pots. Like five to six pieces is enough to get the job done. Then they pour sand, finally. Then Prayers are offered, then everyone turn back and go home.

A typical graveyard in the north looks like a farm land with plenty of ridges during the start of a new growing season . Before you see any where wey get cement or tiles, e go hard.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by onadana: 3:37pm On May 13
Praxis758:
If the donations weren’t political or constituency projects, then no one should make a mountain out of the mole.

He said it’s a family legacy he’s been doing before becoming a senator.

It's a family legacy then why address the press.Good deeds don't exalt itself.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by smileyoo: 3:46pm On May 13
Wawelexy:
Donations to the dead with constituency money? While the living are starving to death.

Waoh!
lol. Perhaps the man is expecting more deaths from his constituency, due to hardships from emilokan government's knee - jack policies, that's silently killing Nigerians, for example go and check the current prices of basic pharmaceutical drugs in the market, an average Nigerian citizen with a minimum wage of #30.000 can no longer afford them.
what happens if one is sick, but can't afford the high prices of going to the hospital for the basic treatment, and at the same time can't afford to purchase basic needed drugs from the pharmacy stores ?
i wish the Nigerian journalists could be going to various hospitals in Nigeria, to see what is going on in Nigeria, and to educate Nigerians that this is a wrong period to be sick in the country .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by fortunechy(m): 4:18pm On May 13
Misplaced priority. Who cursed Nigeria with useless leaders??

1 Like

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Psalmwhyte(m): 6:36pm On May 13
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑦 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒-𝑏𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒 🤷‍♀️.
𝐼𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑦, 𝑖 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛, 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑠𝑠 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑎 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑙𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑜𝑤𝑛.
𝑊𝑒𝑙𝑙, 𝑖 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑖 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑔𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑝𝑒𝑎 𝑠𝑖𝑧𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑖-𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑒𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑟𝑎.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by delishpot: 7:08pm On May 13
Who ever advised him to please the dead so that he can be far from the grave is wise. E remain make his šarama to the dead work.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by delishpot: 7:10pm On May 13
ilemona4you2:

Muslims still bury their dead in a very traditional way, without a coffin. After the corpse which is only wrapped on white clothes has been lowered into the grave that is barely 4ft and very narrow, about the width of a very small water channel.The clay pots are broken into two equal halves and spread over the length of the grave before pouring sand.
What's the significance of the broken clay pots?
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:51pm On May 13
Wawelexy:

Waoh!
can you imagine the bastard, we still have a long way to go in the country 🥺

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by ilemona4you2(m): 9:45pm On May 13
delishpot:

What's the significance of the broken clay pots?

I don't know bro. It's the way Muslims are being buried since ancient times.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Basmec(m): 4:34am On May 14
Thank you Senator for the kind gesture. I don't know why people keep seeing donating to graveyard as an issue. Imagine, you losing someone and still have to spend money to bury him. Is that not double loss?

God bless you senator and don't stop this gesture for political reason.

You all don't know he outperformed the many healthy senator in terms of constituency projects.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:05am On May 14
CodeTemplar:
Rep of the dead.
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by delishpot: 5:46am On May 16
ilemona4you2:

I don't know bro. It's the way Muslims are being buried since ancient times.
Ok. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Wants Ex-government Officials To Return Cars, Houses, Generators / 2023: No Leader Can Lead From Hospital Bed – Amaechi / President Buhari's Media Team In A Group Selfie (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.