Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,916 members, 7,838,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga (30472 Views)

Yobe To Buy 2 TVs, 2 Air Conditioners For N300M; N210M For Graveyards, Mosques / Supreme Court Sacks Senator Shekarau, Declares Rufai Hanga Senator-Elect / Yakubu Dogara: How I Donated My 6 Month Salary In Building Covenant University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Islie: 8:59pm On May 12
Senator representing Kano Central, Rufai Sani Hanga, says he donated over 2000 clay pots and 10,500 yards of white cloth (called ‘Likkadani’ in Hausa) to the Muslim graveyards in his constituency to please God and seek His eternal reward.

Hanga said it was not part of his constituency project as propagated by cynics and his opponents who out of hatred and malice spread the misinformation.

The senator came under criticism when he donated the items to 15 local government areas in his senatorial zone last week.

In his first press conference since after his election in 2023, Hanga said the gesture was something he had been doing even before his election and it was a family legacy he grew up to see and inherited, hoping to continue to do throughout his time on earth.

We made the donation to Kano state committee for the graveyards headed by Dangoribar Kano and district head of Tarauni Local government. We had found out that clay pots were lacking in most of our graveyards and decided to donate,” he explained.

Hanga said he faced health challenges after his election as senator spending seven months in hospitals in Nigeria and later flown to Egypt and England, where he spent 3 months each on hospital bed.

The lawmaker said despite his health condition which he is still recuperating from, he managed to make meaningful contributions to make life better for his constituents from his personal resources.

He said he succeeded in inserting some projects for his constituency in the 2023 budget, which he will follow up to ensure implementation.

https://dailytrust.com/why-i-donated-clay-pot-white-cloth-to-graveyards-senator-hanga/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Puss360(f): 9:09pm On May 12
We all don't care what the motive to donate pots are. What matters most here is how sure are we that the money used isn't constituent money?
If it's personal money then no problem...

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by CodeTemplar: 9:18pm On May 12
Rep of the dead.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Wawelexy(m): 10:18pm On May 12
Donations to the dead with constituency money? While the living are starving to death.

Waoh!

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Praxis758: 10:33pm On May 12
If the donations weren’t political or constituency projects, then no one should make a mountain out of the mole.

He said it’s a family legacy he’s been doing before becoming a senator.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by klynranth: 11:19pm On May 12
Hnnm

6 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by EkelediliBuhari: 10:37am On May 13
Madness

Tomorrow when he dies they will use the donated materials to bury his body

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by nairavsdollars(f): 10:37am On May 13
This one don mad oh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by A305: 10:37am On May 13
In a progressive country. This is part of the duty of the welfare system in the local government/grassroot level to deal with.

This is a backward thinking; donating burial equipments to please God (as he puts it) while the living whose constituency you are representing are hungry.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Freshfish4: 10:37am On May 13
Only in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Talkisneeded: 10:38am On May 13
Sounds like a family tradition... As long as it's not the peoples money..

Goodluck to him...
I sell herbs Tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by McLizbae: 10:38am On May 13
At least, make burial easy for them. Lols..
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Itzlinda(f): 10:38am On May 13
May your supporters benefit from your giant gesture

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by babzo(m): 10:38am On May 13
But seriously even though I don't trust any politician, no matter the party; a donation of this kind seriously helps the poor. Burial consumes money and money is hard to come by for many.
If truly this is something his family has been doing for long and he used is personal money, then all is well.
If he used constitutuency project funds, it is somewhat questionable but not totally.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Careful4u: 10:38am On May 13
To encourage Fulani jihadist to continue killing and maiming the people of the North at will without being questioned
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Judolisco(m): 10:39am On May 13
Omo I hear new one today.... Clay pots are cheap that's why u donated them... Shey na dead body go use clay pots, dem go use am fetch water or cook food? .... What happened to the usual bajaj motorcycle and tricycle you senators normally donate.... Arbi what happened to the tailoring sewing machine?

So u sef go get mind write dis thing for your budget say u buy clay pots grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by DavSagacity(m): 10:39am On May 13
Meaning make him people dey die abi wetin..?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by maasoap(m): 10:39am On May 13
klynranth:
Suspicious alms giving, is he a cultist?
Southerner mentality, he is a northerner
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Dpharisee: 10:39am On May 13
In the minds of Northern politicians, Elections don finish they are free to die enmasse, before the next elections many Almajiris would have turned 18 years grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Demiladay01(f): 10:39am On May 13
Just imagine
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Focusmind: 10:40am On May 13
grin grin grin grin

This is simply too funny!! It may have been done with good intentions, though undecided

He still look sick and unwell
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by maasoap(m): 10:40am On May 13
Itzlinda:
May your supporters benefit from your giant gesture
Even you sef, u go benefit one day. You can't escape it. Did he seek his supporters opinions before embarking on the purchase?
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Olayinka8793(m): 10:41am On May 13
Really?
As altruistic as his donation may sounds, the fact remains that it is completely unnecessary unless there is a religious requirement that only those who are buried in such materials can make heaven.
The dead are simply dead, and the manner of their burial is irrelevant as it is their earthly deeds that God will use to judge them, not the manner of their burial.

Meanwhile, deaf or hearing impaired Nairalanders, please let us connect 👇
https://www.nairaland.com/8035008/hang-out-zone-deaf-hearing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by FitCorper: 10:41am On May 13
See what people running your country de do and u still think there is no God?
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by jiz: 10:41am On May 13
Story story
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Jubrilv(m): 10:42am On May 13
tongue
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by meum: 10:42am On May 13
You found out clay pots were lacking? You didn’t find out schools, hospitals & clean water are lacking?

The graveyard committee should keep the “clayest” pot & the “whitest” cloth for him as a mark of honor & in appreciation of his gesture. He will definitely need it someday.

Someone that has been in & out of hospital in 🇳🇬, Egypt 🇪🇬 & England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 yet has been paid full salary. Funds for constituency projects are for his consumption while his ”personal resources” have been used for meaningful contributions to make life better for his constituents (constituency projects)

No-no-nons3nse!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by delzbaba(m): 10:42am On May 13
This man is wicked, he dey pray make una dey die quick,, funny enough he might use one of those things one day.
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by AbuTwins: 10:43am On May 13
Death is a 200 Unit course for all creations!

The man dey lecture us all!
Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Falseprofet2: 10:43am On May 13
grin
These guys don't rate nigerians
From the pastors to the politicians to the imams and the motivational speakers
Everyone is cashing out on the gullibility of the average nigeria
You were sick and flown to Egypt and you recovered thanks to the hospital and expertise in Egypt. You took capital flight to another country and on return donated clay pots to your people not a healthcare center. The irony

Next time you might not be so lucky to fly to Egypt and the health centres in Kano will receive you
Faaack all the governors and politicians too across the 36 states. All of them are the same

Bunch of elite midgets who can't see to the future and build their country. All of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Donated Clay Pots, White Cloth To Graveyards – Senator Hanga by Onogiede(m): 10:44am On May 13
May his supporters benefits prettifully 😂😂😂some Agbadorian so much need this. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Publicly Caught Posting Fake News (Photos) / Governor Matawalle Snubs Sadiya Umar Faruk, Humanitarian Minister / 2023: Are The Ex-generals Actually Backing Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.