Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,171 members, 7,842,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri (17391 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Timipre Sylva: Why FG Can’t Continue Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by khattab02: 9:26am On May 13
grin grin grin grin

Let the blame games continue.

Another mumu talk and thread to drag us back and excuse cluelessness of lazy governors.

I think Demeji Bankole one time analyze this 13% oil revenue. Some Niger Deltan states collects far more than entire North west region or central region.

How have they really accounted for that 13% percent?

This matter just dey start. I no get energy for long turaychi and analyzes and quarrel wey no go take us anywhere.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Mrexcell(m): 9:29am On May 13
Very true it seems they are now waking up.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Bluntemperor: 9:31am On May 13
Eriokanmi:
Tell me, how much allocation is lagos getting? Lagos can stand alone and prosper without any allocation from the fed govt. Jakande built the largest housing estate in africa the 80s under 4 years without oil money. How much was fed allocation then?. He also didn't borrow. Tell Niger delta leaders to sit tight and think of how to develop their regions instead of crying. Most of them live in lagos and Abuja. I know one past governor who has 40 hotels in lagos and Abuja alone. The tax paid by those hotels won't go to Niger delta pockets

We'd have fared much better today but we have super corrupt man at the helms, whumo squanders our money and bought 3 jets . No human lives forever. Lago shall be free someday

GBAM!
Just the TRUTH!.
Both The States Governors - aka- the Emperors and Federal Govt- Ministers and-Agencies( MDAs - DISCOS,NNPC,etc)are the real Problems of Nigeria.
Afterall those Funds should be for the Masses Development!
•How did Jakande in Lagos-established - 1st Radio Station,
-1st Television Station,
-1st- State University,in Lagos,with -Multiple- Secondary and Primary Schools,etc,
-Multiple -Housing Projects ( estates) in ALL the Local govt,
-Mini-Water Works - within 4- yrs ,until Buhari - came to truncate our Democracy then.We want Answers Please!
•Was the Money being shared then as Big and Homongous as it is Now?
•Awon OLE NLA - are on Parade.in Nigeria and we can't Continue like this!

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by rezky(m): 9:33am On May 13
Sapeleboy911:
Although I don't like this Diri of a man, I am in full support of what he is saying. Why share only crude oil from the Niger Delta? What happens to other mineral resources, being mined daily in other regions of the country.

Why not allow the states to manage their resources themselves and remit to the FG? This is unfair to the ND regions I must say.

These are some of the reasons that made me support and voted for GEJ, hoping that him being from the ND region, will make some amendments. But being a bu**f*n and an asslicker he ended up trying to please his cabal to the detriment of his own region.

Since the GEJ mess, I don't go near a polling unit, or waste precious time that I will use to place bets on useless elections again. As far as bet365 is not banned in Nigeria, citizens can continue voting for useless leaders, na them go still hear am.

Na that bet365 caught my attention...abeg how dey fund your account., i don try tire is our bank cards no dey work again.?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Whitelion07(m): 9:35am On May 13
Faiththatworks:
I totally agree with the Governor of Bayelsa state,it's madness to claim Bayelsa is insolvent and can't survive without Federal Allocation,yet its oil and gas revenue is shared by 35 other states every month.
I believe it's high time the revenue due to the oil producing states be increased to 50%.
It's financial laziness for states like Osun,Kogi, Zamfara,Lagos and all the other states to expect revenue from the Oil and gas mined in Niger Delta state.
What did these states contribute financially to the mining of oil and gas in the Niger Delta states to expect any form of revenue.
The bible tells me you reap what you sow,what have these states sowed in the Niger Delta states in the last 30 years that they are continually paid revenue from the Oil and gas mined in these regions.
Enough of the Unity Fear,let every state in Nigeria mine their natural resources,keep 50% of the resources and transfer what's left to the Federal purse.
If anyone isn't comfortable with this suggestion,then it's time to start rethinking this project called Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria
if you like give them 100% of the revenue, they will still embezzle the money.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by patrickmuf(m): 9:37am On May 13
DMerciful:
Lets have true federalism so every state controls their resources
The same money that will still be looted by the political class?

If things were right, even with the money Bayelsa gets now, it should be one of the most developed states. You can struggle to manage millions and want people to trust you with billions. There's a reason some billionaires rather employ professionals with the requisite skills to manage their businesses than trust it in the hands of their children.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Mrexcell(m): 9:37am On May 13
Creamypie:
See this thief. With only 8 local government, of which some parts are water, its not an excuse for you and ur gang to steal aggressively.b4 any person attack me, I be deltan. Delta and bayelsa suppose be another Lagos, considering the 17 billion monthly location minus 13% monthly oil derivation alone. Mind u, bayelsa has just 8 l.gs.no need allowing our governors to be in charge of our resources. They will all be looted

The monthly faac allocations and igr is not enough to develop the difficult terrain of the niger delta building a bridge like the eko bridge in lagos or the abuja train facility across the creeks and mangrove forests in the niger delta will costs billions of dollars not billions of naira from faac allocations.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by stanbright(m): 9:38am On May 13
YorubaNiBaba:
pls wetin dey that state, abi nah ogogoro the mumu governor dey talk about
Bayelsa has Crude
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by stanbright(m): 9:39am On May 13
Hez143:

Oga, no be niger delta money dem use develop Lagos
It is
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Bayoreigns: 9:40am On May 13
Yes we all Niger deltans are ready to stand and fight with our blood. Enough is enough starting from this year 2024, we Niger deltans will stand as one and fight if the need arises.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by caracas: 9:44am On May 13
Hez143:

E be like Ballistic missile dey your head abi
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Mrexcell(m): 9:44am On May 13
Faiththatworks:
I totally agree with the Governor of Bayelsa state,it's madness to claim Bayelsa is insolvent and can't survive without Federal Allocation,yet its oil and gas revenue is shared by 35 other states every month.
I believe it's high time the revenue due to the oil producing states be increased to 50%.
It's financial laziness for states like Osun,Kogi, Zamfara,Lagos and all the other states to expect revenue from the Oil and gas mined in Niger Delta state.
What did these states contribute financially to the mining of oil and gas in the Niger Delta states to expect any form of revenue.
The bible tells me you reap what you sow,what have these states sowed in the Niger Delta states in the last 30 years that they are continually paid revenue from the Oil and gas mined in these regions.
Enough of the Unity Fear,let every state in Nigeria mine their natural resources,keep 50% of the resources and transfer what's left to the Federal purse.
If anyone isn't comfortable with this suggestion,then it's time to start rethinking this project called Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria

Good suggestions but where will nigeria be getting the money to pay for it's enormous debt it's currently owing if oil producing states are allowed to control their resources?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by NairaMaster1(m): 9:45am On May 13
Hez143:

Which money them use?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by themanderon: 9:45am On May 13
Mr governor is just realizing that Nigeria is a carefully crafted fraud.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by ChybuzzDD(m): 9:45am On May 13
darikhua:
What kind of disunited talk is this from a governor?

See this one!

You hypocr!tes always wish people wouldn't know or talk about this great injustice going on in Nigeria.

This current unfair arrangement is already outdated and sooner or later, it'll come to an end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by ibechris(m): 9:50am On May 13
If u visit NNPC, DPR and PEFMB u will think u are in Kano.

Fully occupied by northerners and u the owners of the oil are only good at security work around the creeks.

People wey get oil they do security for oil company while those wey no get oil at all are the ogas for the company.

Another one is,Niger Delta oil is for Nigeria while the zamfara gold is for the north.

Nigeria is a scam.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:50am On May 13
rezky:

Na that bet365 caught my attention...abeg how dey fund your account., i don try tire is our bank cards no dey work again.?

Use Astropay, it is the only way for now.Once verified you can fund your Astropay account directly from your Nigeria bank account at an exchange rate of around #1300/$
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by caracas: 9:51am On May 13
OriginalYoruba1:

Please Abia and Anambra and IMO state have oil and Gas ⛽️ in the state
Enugu has coal in abundance
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by onuman: 9:56am On May 13
False Federation with False federalism after northern military dictators proliferated too many mostly non viable states and local government areas in the old Northern region to suck proceeds from crude oil in the Niger delta region to the northern region, after they devised a worse form of unitary government system in a country formed by three diverse regions at independence.
Today, ask for political restructuring of Nigeria. the northern political actors will ask you to come to the National Assembly for political restructuring of Nigeria, knowing full well that northern legislators drawn from the excess number of states in the North overpopulate the National Assembly.
Last time a retired military General from the SS said that Nigeria must be restructured either by PEACE or by FORCE, then president Buhari replied: Nigeria's democracy and constitution have been guarded by the armed forces since 1999. In other words, Nigeria's democracy and Constitution are only kept by force of the army.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Codes151(m): 9:57am On May 13
Hez143:

keep quiet first.

When did Lagos start making revenue ? Oga relax. No Dey argue everything.

We should be asking the north what they bring to the table.

Only then can it be mutually beneficial.

No to Dey carry Niger delta money d marry off 400 women.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Mrexcell(m): 9:58am On May 13
NorthernAgender:
Some of you are just stark illiterate you think oil exploration just started with just land drilling without putting head together can your niger delta pay the amount of money made by both north, and southwest before oil exploration started.

It's a complete insult to the niger delta people to say they don't have the capacity to drill their own oil even the poorest countries in africa like Sudan and niger Republic are drilling their own oil.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Ate247(m): 10:00am On May 13
NorthernAgender:
Some of you are just stark illiterate you think oil exploration just started with just land drilling without putting head together can your niger delta pay the amount of money made by both north, and southwest before oil exploration started.
You made no sense at all. The most dumb comment her.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by onuman: 10:09am On May 13
YorubaNiBaba:

Time of Ogogoro leaders from the SS is gone. The Ogogoro leaders of the 1960s who went to Kaduna in 1967 and asked the then governor of northern region, Hassan Katsina, to beg Gowon to carve out today's SS from Biafra. Gowon quickly agreed and created Cross River and River States out of Biafra. That largely led to fall of Biafra. After that, Northern military Generals and politicians seized all the multi billion Dollar oil Wells in the SS, devised new unitary government system, proliferated states and Representative constituencies in the north, and supervised the 1999 constitution at gun point. The SS region which is supposed to have been like Dubai of today suffers from those acts.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by idahme(m): 10:11am On May 13
Judolisco:
the 13% is different from the Federal allocation... No allow your leaders dey deceive you.... Ask them to be accountable.... Your state has no reason to be looking less developed than jigawa.... Infact nobody from bayelsa should be unemployed or tagged poor... Your so called leaders eat all your money and keep telling you that other states are using your money to develop their state.... D question u should be asking is, the money you've collected what have you done with it... Is it not d same money cross river and Rivers state are collecting, are they not oil producing states... Why have they left bayelsa and delta behind in terms of development... Oga ask questions

This is the line I don't like, how dare you ask the owners to be accountable? Has the federal government what holds what the owners should be holding accountable for the money they hold on behalf of the owners ? This is ridiculous.

You are telling me to tell u how I spent a few of my own money as my banker before you will release more money to me while you siphon the rest of the money to yourself and your cronies, how dare you.

Imagine Nigerian state that has never been accountable telling the owner to be accountable for the little chunk of wealth given before they are given more? Interestingly the ND states have been accountable so far when compared to other regions of Nigeria and will continue to be accountable. The issues in the ND states is also the issue with non ND states and you are making it look like the ND states are a shit hole and should never deserve their own wealth and resources. Looking at developmental indices in the last two years how many region is better off than the ND states?

Don't bring that line of arguments, it's our wealth and we deserve everything to ourselves.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Sk5050: 10:11am On May 13
And united in Niger Delta oil abi? Rubbish
darikhua:
What kind of disunited talk is this from a governor?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by OKEIYIOKODU: 10:11am On May 13
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/diri-we-cant-continue-using-bayelsa-money-to-develop-other-states/
The one you and your predecessors have been collecting for years,what have you people been doing with them.Trying to stir up the people against the federal government when you have fail woefully. Blame game and buck passing tactics
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by YouAreNobody: 10:12am On May 13
Basic123:
Niger delta and Igbo leaders will steal their people money and now tell their people to start shouting Lagos,Abuja,yorubas,fulani and hausas have underdeveloped them...😆

Mumu people
Read this your useless comment and all yourself if your have any sense. The topic doesn't concern igbos in any way but you and you fellow imbeciles just had to drag them into it. Tinubu's conduit pipe had been draining Lagos for eons but you're not concerned. In your entire region, aside Lagos which was built with collective wealth and was Nigeria's capital, which state is doing better than the states in the SE? Is it Oyo state, Ogun state, ondo? Kwara?

Shameless fool. My happiness is that every other tribe has now seen y'all for what you really are

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Sk5050: 10:19am On May 13
Sense dey far from you, so you don't know that Bayelsa is one of the biggest oil producing states and the state has been sustaining the entire nation including your dry land that brings nothing to table nama'
YorubaNiBaba:
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by betshopagent(m): 10:20am On May 13
Watianoengineer:

So it is not financial Laziness when all your tiny 5 South east states receive the same Niger delta oil money?
before Oil there was Coal.Even your tiny Bayelsa enjoyed the Coal proceeds. East was the center of it before we discovered oil. Even now, the tiny 5 eastern states equally produce oil. so what's your point?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Judolisco(m): 10:20am On May 13
idahme:

This is the line I don't like, how dare you ask the owners to be accountable? Has the federal government what holds what the owners should be holding accountable for the money they hold on behalf of the owners ? This is ridiculous.

You are telling me to tell u how I spent a few of my own money as my banker before you will release more money to me while you siphon the rest of the money to yourself and your cronies, how dare you.

Imagine Nigerian state that has never been accountable telling the owner to be accountable for the little chunk of wealth given before they are given more? Interestingly the ND states have been accountable so far when compared to other regions of Nigeria and will continue to be accountable. The issues in the ND states is also the issue with non ND states and you are making it look like the ND states are a shit hole and should never deserve their own wealth and resources. Looking at developmental indices in the last two years how many region is better off than the ND states?

Don't bring that line of arguments, it's our wealth and we deserve everything to ourselves.
nobody is asking you to be accountable we all know all Nigerian politicians are thieves but why will your politicians steal 90% of the money meant for the people and also for infrastructure.... Let me tell you the truth even if they give you 100% allocation your leaders wil still chop the money and tell you another lie... NDDC money no be chop dem still dey chop d money.... Better wake up
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Sk5050: 10:24am On May 13
Exactly but those from the dry land that brings nothing to the table will continue to disagree because they feel they're the majority in the national assembly and they've not milk the oil dry. One day one day e go be
southsouthking:
Make every state they Collect their revenue themselves , then pay tax to federal government.
Eyes go clear that time, then we'll know who is who.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. / Tinubu Tapes: How O To Ge Was Imposed On Kwarans By Tinubu / #RevolutionNow Conveners Demand Unconditional Release Of Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.