Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,361 members, 7,843,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri (17394 Views)

FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Timipre Sylva: Why FG Can’t Continue Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by ttobizz(m): 8:42am On May 13
Creamypie:
no sir, but bayelsa state has never accounted for even 10 percent of the billions allocated to it since 1999. If u visit there, you will understand. It has 8 local governments, one third of average Niger delta state.bayelsa has the resources to be far more developed than Lagos. I know what am saying

Don't mind the idiot, they keep asking for more money, yet the minimum wage in Bayelsa is 30k when other states like Edo from 40k just upgraded to 70k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Saidfx(m): 8:42am On May 13
I heard they love Gorilla or chimpanzee pepper soup in Bayelsa state.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Abagworo(m): 8:45am On May 13
The man said the truth that every sincere Nigerian knows. Bayelsa is the richest State in Nigeria when you compare the natural resources with the population but they've been shortchanged like forever and blamed for not utilizing the little they are given.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Christlike01: 8:47am On May 13
Mr Governor,what have you done with the 13% ? Nothing! Your lamentation is just a cover-up for your failure and that of all other Administrators of Bayelsa State right from its creation. A State with just 8 LGAs,coupled with a relatively low population,and you want us to believe this your lamentation is justifiable? You have no excuse,sir!
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Hassanmaye(m): 8:47am On May 13
Kuginzi:

https://dailytrust.com/diri-we-cant-continue-using-bayelsa-money-to-develop-other-states/
Hahahaha this Man something is wrong somewhere, after using other regions resources to extract the oil those days, when bayelsa people were wearing leaves??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by yomi531(m): 8:49am On May 13
GloriousGbola:
even if you give baylesa state 101% derivation, it will still be a poorly managed shithole

lazy leaders winding mentally lazy yoots
if only we had more money to embezzle, we would make the state a paradise

even when GEJ was in the seat, the only development he or should i say his wife could think of for bayelsa was a hotel

https://www.nairaland.com/2408294/see-photos-aridolf-hotel-owned
https://punchng.com/inside-patience-jonathans-n10bn-hotel/

What of the Federal Uni in his Country home(Otuoke) ?

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Judolisco(m): 8:50am On May 13
Dis is d lies that an average bayelsa or delta man is made to believe from birth... I think they teach it in primary sch over there..... What have you been doing with your monthly allocation, you collect 13% oil derivation as well, what have you been doing with it.... Bayelsa with its small land mass and small population should be competing with Lagos and Abuja in terms of infrastructural and economic development, but it can't even measure up to some states like jigawa and katstina....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:50am On May 13
Good one from the governor! Let all Southern governors wake up to this line of thought and collectively work on it.
Confederal system of government would work perfectly for Nigeria and not only improve the rate of growth and development among the states,but speed it up.
In Confederalism, more power is vested within the constituent administrative divisions of a country, while the centre is weak.
That's what Nigeria needs at this point in time.With that, every state can develop at its own pace.
Presidential and Federal systems have outlived their usefulness in Nigeria and lost their spark.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by travelzcruix: 8:51am On May 13
It has never been about oil resources Mr. Governor, you can ask Venezuela. You need brains bro lots of brains and less career AK-47 muscle men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by alizma: 8:52am On May 13
I support the man on the area of other resources like gold. You can't be sharing what I have with me in the name of national unity while keeping your what you have to yourself alone.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Judolisco(m): 8:52am On May 13
Creamypie:
See this thief. With only 8 local government, of which some parts are water, its not an excuse for you and ur gang to steal aggressively.b4 any person attack me, I be deltan. Delta and bayelsa suppose be another Lagos, considering the 17 billion monthly location minus 13% monthly oil derivation alone. Mind u, bayelsa has just 8 l.gs.no need allowing our governors to be in charge of our resources. They will all be looted
God bless you, they steal all d money and keep deceiving the people... What have they done with d money allocated to them

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Energist: 8:54am On May 13
Says someone who governs a state whose people are living in poverty amidst plenty. The penury is so obvious even on the East West Road the moment you cross over from Delta State(Patani) into Bayelsa. Most Niger Delta governors have a penchant to pit their people against the FG or other states. The people fail to realise that their problem is internal. Their leaders steal billions of Naira monthly and only deliver few dividends. The exceptions are perhaps Akwa Ibom and to an extent Rivers. For the umpteenth time, Bayelsa has no reason to be poor even it was wholly on water. It's the least populous state in the country and has perhaps the highest per capita allocation. Diri needs to visit Gombe state which shares a lot of similarities with Bayelsa created 1996, low population, relatively smaller land mass. With the little they have, Gombe has one of the best road infrastructure in the country. So Mr Diri, account for the allocations of you've been receiving before shouting for more.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by SonOfDSoil01: 8:55am On May 13
Onogiede:
See my brother just wake up,..Abuja and Lagos are among top Africa great Cities been built by Niger Delta Oil Funds. Tomorrow they will be telling people to go back to their state in Same country..
what have those states been able to achieve even with the little they collect? Revenue gotten from lagos e.g VAT are all been shared by all the states of the federation but yet you don’t see us crying every time. Those lazy mediocre governors should sit the hell up and work for the people, even if they are given all the money in the world, they will still find who to blame for there failure in governance.

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Jokerman(m): 8:56am On May 13
DMerciful:
Lets have true federalism so every state control their resources

No o..

Otherwise many state citizens go dey bam bi ala everyday
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by anonimi: 8:57am On May 13
Kuginzi:
https://dailytrust.com/diri-we-cant-continue-using-bayelsa-money-to-develop-other-states/

While this is a valid, very calid claim, can he also say what Bayelsa has used its FAAC allocation that includes 13% derivation to achieve in common government services and utilities plus facilities for the people. Ordinary water & sanitation the governors since DSP Alams have failed to provide making cholera almost an annual palaver, despite so much surface water in the state.

Abi na to dey splash and shack everytime like Timi Dakolo showed in his music video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poV_2pCYSBI?si=SbPwj9xZ3Gfvwx3C

NCDC Cholera Situation Report Monthly Epidemiological Report 3 Epi Week 9-12: (26 February 2024 - 24 March 2024)

# Bayelsa (356 cases) accounts for 64% of all suspected cases in the country of the 18 States that have reported cases of cholera

# Southern Ijaw LGA (133 cases) in Bayelsa State accounts for 24% of all suspected cases reported in the country

# Other States; Cross River (42 cases), Bauchi (38 cases), Delta (24 cases), Abia (24 cases),
Nasarawa (19 cases), Ondo (11 cases), Katsina (9 cases), and Osun (8 cases) account for 31%
of the suspected cases this year.

https://reliefweb.int/report/nigeria/ncdc-cholera-situation-report-monthly-epidemiological-report-3-epi-week-9-12-26-february-2024-24-march-2024

Bayelsa among states with highest out-of-school children ― FG
by Ebiowei Lawal January 10, 2023

The Federal Ministry of Education has said that out of 20 million out-of-school children across Nigeria, Bayelsa State is among the states with the highest figures, in spite of a Compulsory Primary and Secondary Education Law the state enacted in 2018.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/bayelsa-among-states-with-highest-out-of-school-children-%E2%80%95-fg/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Judolisco(m): 8:59am On May 13
idahme:

You are right, our Governors are a mess, how on earth were they comfortable with just 13 out of 100 ? Who does that, which planet does this happen?
the 13% is different from the Federal allocation... No allow your leaders dey deceive you.... Ask them to be accountable.... Your state has no reason to be looking less developed than jigawa.... Infact nobody from bayelsa should be unemployed or tagged poor... Your so called leaders eat all your money and keep telling you that other states are using your money to develop their state.... D question u should be asking is, the money you've collected what have you done with it... Is it not d same money cross river and Rivers state are collecting, are they not oil producing states... Why have they left bayelsa and delta behind in terms of development... Oga ask questions

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Basic123: 9:00am On May 13
MEEVEET:
See them above emergency lovers of South South condemning Diri

E done reach the main issue now they are attacking South South for demanding their right

Tomorrow someone from Ogun or Oyo ot even kwara would tell someone from IMO that produce the gas that powers Lagos to leave Lagos

If yorubas wants to claim Lagos then they should fight for restructuring or regional government
. Let me see if they would survive the recession in 20 years
Yorubas have been on the forefront of regionalism ast at the time when you were still doing slave slave to PDP and the North!
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Lanretoye(m): 9:01am On May 13
Paraman:
What did Jonathan an Indigene of Bayelsa state do about the sharing formula?
don’t mind the idiots,instead of blaming Jonathan for not doing the needful.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Eriokanmi: 9:03am On May 13
Onogiede:
See my brother just wake up,..Abuja and Lagos are among top Africa great Cities been built by Niger Delta Oil Funds. Tomorrow they will be telling people to go back to their state in Same country..
Tell me, how much allocation is lagos getting? Lagos can stand alone and prosper without any allocation from the fed govt. Jakande built the largest housing estate in africa the 80s under 4 years without oil money. How much was fed allocation then?. He also didn't borrow. Tell Niger delta leaders to sit tight and think of how to develop their regions instead of crying. Most of them live in lagos and Abuja. I know one past governor who has 40 hotels in lagos and Abuja alone. The tax paid by those hotels won't go to Niger delta pockets

We'd have fared much better today but we have super corrupt man at the helms, whumo squanders our money and bought 3 jets . No human lives forever. Lago shall be free someday

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by SonOfDSoil01: 9:04am On May 13
Watianoengineer:

So it is not financial Laziness when all your tiny 5 South east states receive the same Niger delta oil money?
don’t mind the mofo, see how he mischievously left out his 5 barren states.

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Judolisco(m): 9:05am On May 13
iLoveYouToo:
Excuses when he knows not what to do, Bayelsa is yet to have a visionary governor. Rumour has it that they prefer stomach infrastructure to actual physical infrastructure
it's the truth, they prefer to share the money

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by ebidabs: 9:09am On May 13
YorubaNiBaba:
pls wetin dey that state, abi nah ogogoro the mumu governor dey talk about

It is because of people like you and your kind of comments that makes we Bayelsans get angry.

If we're allowed to control our resources or derivations in full, there's is no way Bayelsa State won't be at the front of the game. I mean development.

We truely are not happy with the way the Federal Government is using our resources to feed the nation while allowing other states to enjoy theirs in the guise of negligence or weakness.

Left me alone, All States will control 90% of their resources and contribute 10% to the Federation.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Elzazzi: 9:10am On May 13
Creamypie:
no sir, but bayelsa state has never accounted for even 10 percent of the billions allocated to it since 1999. If u visit there, you will understand. It has 8 local governments, one third of average Niger delta state.bayelsa has the resources to be far more developed than Lagos. I know what am saying

You are right. I schooled at the federal University otuoke.

Bayelsa is nothing to write about

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by MEEVEET: 9:10am On May 13
Basic123:

Yorubas have been on the forefront of regionalism ast at the time when you were still doing slave slave to PDP and the North!
Forefront for mouth

You guys have been president twice, vice one

What's stopping you guys from implementing it

Everyone knows you guys shout regionalism for front go back work against it

No Igbo man would be president for 4 years and not restructure Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by SonOfDSoil01: 9:11am On May 13
MEEVEET:
See them above emergency lovers of South South condemning Diri

E done reach the main issue now they are attacking South South for demanding their right

Tomorrow someone from Ogun or Oyo ot even kwara would tell someone from IMO that produce the gas that powers Lagos to leave Lagos

If yorubas wants to claim Lagos then they should fight for restructuring or regional government
. Let me see if they would survive the recession in 20 years
shut up, Lagos and Yoruba matter will finally be your end las las, so is Ondo not part of Niger delta? Or is oil drilled in Lagos? Or the VAT revenue collected from Lagos not shared with other states? A barren region like sad east contributes little to national purse yet the empty barrel makes the loudest noise…small yanch Dey shake
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by EdiskyHarry: 9:12am On May 13
One day Niger delta go get sense
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:13am On May 13
Onovo3:

Big fool, it is the Niger Delta that feeds you, yet you come o this forum to spew rubbish

Feed ke?
I use my hand go farm, do farm work u dey tell me say na someone dey feed me?

I had to even go back to my room to check my farm produce again

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Basic123: 9:13am On May 13
Niger delta and Igbo leaders will steal their people money and now tell their people to start shouting Lagos,Abuja,yorubas,fulani and hausas have underdeveloped them...😆

Mumu people

2 Likes

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Callosobruchus(m): 9:15am On May 13
His insatiable greed wants more?What has he been doing over the years with the 13% oil derivation from FAAC every month?Jungle don di mature,citizens don di over suffocate,oga di want more so that when the minimum wage matter arise him go carry tiny peanut add on top the meagre salary of workers them come cash out with the remaining bar.
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Elzazzi: 9:18am On May 13
bjdon:
I am from the Niger Delta (Edo) and sadly I have to disagree with the governor. Niger delta governors since 1999 have been the most usless, corrupt grups of rascals the nations has produced. He's moaning about 13%, what have the governors done with the 13% they get? Acorss the 6 Niger Delta states, is there any proper cancer diagnosis facility in any of the state hospitals? Is any of the sttes that boast that all the primary and secondary school buildings of are in a good condition or all the kids have seats in thier classes?
Even if you gave the SS 100% revenue allocation, the states will still be a mess, the governors will just buy more properites and pirvate planes. They are evil and selfish.
Its better the FG takes the money uses it to develop the whole country

I'm from Delta state and I concur with you

1 Like

Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Bayajjidda: 9:19am On May 13
Hez143:

Oga, no be niger delta money dem use develop Lagos

Na your papa money dem use?
Re: FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri by Basic123: 9:20am On May 13
MEEVEET:

Forefront for mouth

You guys have been president twice, vice one

What's stopping you guys from implementing it

Everyone knows you guys shout regionalism for front go back work against it

No Igbo man would be president for 4 years and not restructure Nigeria
And have you seen yorubas putting the blame on you fools?...By the way,the senate restructure under presidential system not the president

And what stopped ALDOPHUS WABARA
,KEN NNAMANI,CHUBA OKADIGBO,ANYIM PIUS ANYIM WHO WERE ALL SENATE PRESIDENT FROM IMPLEMENTING IT ?
IKE EWEREMADU WAS CHAIRMAN OF CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT COMMITTEE FOR GOOD 12YEARS,WHAT DID HE ACHIEVE FOR YOU VICTIM PLAYERS?

OKONKO IWEALA WAS MORE OR LESS PRIME MINISTER UNDER GEJ AND ANYIM PIUS ANYIM WAS THE SGF TO WHAT EXTENT DO THE WORK TO LIBERATE YOU THEIR PEOPLE?

Na to they blame everyone for their problems dem sa be!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hon. Israel Olusola Adekunle Performing Rituals (A Must See) / Shiroro And Sapele Power Plants Shut, as blackout worsens - PUNCH / U.S Flays FG, Decries The Death Of About 20,000 Nigerians From Herdsmen Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.