Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,717 members, 7,844,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer (21202 Views)

2023 UTME: Nkechinyere Umeh Top Scorer – JAMB / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Falseprofet2: 1:31pm On May 13
Good story
Keep it up
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by shogsman(m): 1:33pm On May 13
RingRoadMafia:
Top scorer FROM Gombe state. Not that she's the overall top scorer. Before some people will attempt to bend facts tomorrow
You're a filth, so you would tribalize a child's score too, some of you don't deserve access to Internet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by datopaper(m): 1:34pm On May 13
The story is interesting, I hope other students will learn from it.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Konquest: 1:35pm On May 13
Odewaleadesoye:
Kawthar Shehu Toro, 16-year-old student of Pen Resource Academy, Gombe, emerged as top scorer from Gombe State, in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results, released by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). In this interview, the SS3 student spoke on the secret behind her success and future plans. Excerpt:

Tell us a little about yourself

You scored 348 in your UTME. Was this something you particularly aimed to achieve before you took the exams?

So, is it possible for someone to have a score in mind and actually get it?

How do you feel now that your efforts have paid off?

How long did it take to prepare for the examination?

Were you always ahead in class or were you an average student?

What is your reading pattern? Do you read all the time?

Which university did you apply to and what course?

Why did you choose medicine?

Has anyone in your family encouraged you to study medicine?

Apart from studying medicine, do you have other plans?

Aside from medicine, what other courses do you think you can study?

DAILY TRUST
That's impressive... From her name, she's a Fulani girl. She's got to be really good in the sciences in order to make it through as a Medical student and graduate. Congratulations to her.

~~~~~~~~
So, is it possible for someone to have a score in mind and actually get it?

Yes, it is not just luck. Our school introduced us to an app called Test Gorilla, where you can answer past questions like a JAMB mock practice. My first mock score was 230.

I was not so happy with it. I relaxed and thought I only needed 30 more marks. But when I heard that rumour, I knew that I had to work for more. I really wanted to exceed the cut-off mark so that I have a chance at competing for admission.

The score I got wasn’t actually my plan because there were some days that I was tired and wanted to relax, but I knew that I had to work for it, give up enjoyment and sleep. It’s not just luck.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Starhearts: 1:36pm On May 13
Congratulations 👏

Peter Obi will not be happy with d news because d little girl is northerner ....

1 Like

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by muyico(m): 1:36pm On May 13
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Prettychild(f): 1:43pm On May 13
EreluRoz:
When I say Art students are dull they'll come for my head, have you seen any art student coming near top 3 in jamb? Top 100 sef you won't still see them.

Or

Have you seen any parents telling their young children they shall be professional in any of those art courses(aside law and accounting which are manageable, the rest are chere kambia courses). Aside the two courses I mentioned in the bracket, the rest na condition make people go study those kind courses due to low score in jamb.

Bye have a nice day guys.
It’s usually the fault of the school. Most schools usually pack all the students who failed in JSCE to Art class making it look like Art class is for dullards. I remember when I wanted to go to Art class, my HOD went to meet my Dad to tell him to stop me from going to Art class since I was the best in Junior WAEC but my Dad refused

2 Likes

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Svoboda(m): 1:45pm On May 13
Emu4life:
There are so many people from the North that actually scored very high in Jamb. They just not getting the required publicity.

Northerners arent generally crazy about publicity. A lot of misconception about them, but they generally care less.

If this so obviously highly intelligent young girl was from the south.... hmm.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Emma09(m): 1:45pm On May 13
Make Bandits sha no kidnap her and turn her to Mama pikin o. This publicity to me isn't necessary.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by delzbaba(m): 1:50pm On May 13
There boys no dey know book.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by JuanDeDios: 1:55pm On May 13
Throwback:
Very impressive score in Physics and Chemistry.

If not for the need to get an employable course, this girl should have gone for a pure science degree.
Exactly. She ought to be looking at a career in the famous rocket science (nuclear physics, geophysics, etc.).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by nitt: 1:56pm On May 13
Mitsurugi:
grin Glad to see Northerners doing well in education. Knew a few brilliant ones back then at King's College

Lol....

Floreat!

Kaima Kings college ka je?
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by mrblessed(m): 1:57pm On May 13
Congratulations! Win more.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by JuanDeDios: 1:59pm On May 13
Starhearts:
Congratulations 👏

Peter Obi will not be happy with d news because d little girl is northerner ....

Do some of you have sense at all?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by victorazy(m): 2:02pm On May 13
Someone told me that this is what north and JAMB is planning and I no believe, this is why they banned publishing of the highest scorer.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by AngelicBeing: 2:08pm On May 13
RingRoadMafia:
Mmesoma remains my G.O.A.T grin

Mmesoma and Tinubu has two things in common, guess it right and win 1K airtime instantly!
Hian, for posting this comment, l will Ask DSS to detain you for 500 years in Osun state without Bail because your comments indicates that Tinubu is a Forger despite the proof that Tinubu has PHD in Accounting from Chicago tongue
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Starhearts: 2:11pm On May 13
JuanDeDios:

Do some of you have sense at all?

Who knack u hammer 🔨 4 head
See how a fully grown up human being splitting poos online
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by CaptainFM1: 2:12pm On May 13
We need to stop parading jamb results. Nobody knows the highest score since Jamb has said they won't announce highest scorer again.

There may just be one boy or girl somewhere that score more than the result announced here.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Chris9cix: 2:25pm On May 13
Why it's that most of science student's score low mark in English in JAMB even in SSCE exam.. the same with me in 2006 jamb which I score 250 and my SSCE my English was C6 narrowly escape while other was A B
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by HausaIgboYoruba: 2:26pm On May 13
Nice one. Beauty and brain
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Hoelujohn: 2:30pm On May 13
Has she ever represented her school in any competition?
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by xile: 2:30pm On May 13
I'm sure she didn't pray for that score in Jesus name. Same as the islam students with high scores didn't pray in Mohammed's name.

They all studied hard

2 Likes

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by NASTYNASOSO: 2:31pm On May 13
Daattt:
good that the northerner are now taking education serious

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

I DON'T THINK YOUR PARENTS WENT TO SCHOOL.
SURELY YOUR PARENTS NEVER HAD FORMAL EDUCATION.

YOU MIGHT LEARN TO READ AND WRITE STILL, YOU REMAIN DENSE AND UNEDUCATED
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by callmenazarene: 2:36pm On May 13
Come to think of it. One Mumu man from the south would then say Hausa Fiipu no dey know book.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by grandstar(m): 2:40pm On May 13
Propoes:
The real beauty with brains. Congratulations dear

where's the pretty? i acknowledge the right to wear the hijab and respect it to.

This type makes a woman unattractive,

There are much better ways to achieve the head covering without one looking unattractive.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Image123(m): 2:52pm On May 13
EreluRoz:
When I say Art students are dull they'll come for my head, have you seen any art student coming near top 3 in jamb? Top 100 sef you won't still see them.

Or

Have you seen any parents telling their young children they shall be professional in any of those art courses(aside law and accounting which are manageable, the rest are chere kambia courses). Aside the two courses I mentioned in the bracket, the rest na condition make people go study those kind courses due to low score in jamb.

Bye have a nice day guys.

The higher percentage of Nigerian leaders and successful people are those with Art courses. The irony of life.

3 Likes

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by FireUpNow(m): 2:53pm On May 13
Congrats girl.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by FireUpNow(m): 3:08pm On May 13
Ok
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by TylerPerry: 3:10pm On May 13
RingRoadMafia:
Mmesoma remains my G.O.A.T grin
They are both good takers, grabers and runners with ITS......07061933085.
Mmesoma and Tinubu has two things in common, guess it right and win 3K airtime instantly! Must be MTN though.
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Charleschidera(m): 3:20pm On May 13
Check out these top scorers

Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Johncuppa(m): 3:44pm On May 13
Mitsurugi:

Wow! Same score with me. That was when I wanted to read Accountancy. The maths was a problem at JAMB didn't know Further Maths. I switched to Law subsequently and did better
Studied law with another JAMB or with the 196 scored?
Re: Kawthar Shehu Toro: My JAMB Scores Success Story – Gombe Top Scorer by Mitsurugi(m): 3:49pm On May 13
Johncuppa:

Studied law with another JAMB or with the 196 scored?

Another JAMB. 196 was when I wanted to read Accountancy. I didn't do well with the Maths

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benjamin Marcus Graduates As Best Student From Knutsford University Ghana / ASUU Strike Poll: What Is The Situation Report In Your School? / Senate Passes Bills Establishing 3 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.