Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,131 members, 7,845,750 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye (44028 Views)

REVEAL : Why Christians Should Pay Their Tithe To Their Pastors / Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money / It’s A Sin To Pay Tithe – Pastor Chris Ojigbani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On May 13
Konquest:
■ To be honest... It's ridiculous like you said but then again, there's a thought process behind this.
Well publicized, credible research by Sociologists in the U.S. actually shows that MOST folks who go to church do so because of the communalism it brings... Or to put it another way the social network and friendships that exist at the church level. A vast number would have stayed back at home to do their worship or bible studies but they choose to go out because the human animal is a social creature and ALSO a creature of habit.
■ So, folks have to be be CLEARLY intentional if they want to break that social routine or rut of being subservient to one so-called religious head or a GO who you know deep down in your subconscious that you are better than in terms of balance and knowledge.
It is the same reason people join cults and gangs. Does not make it an OK reason or thing to do. lipsrsealed

2. I couldn't even get myself to submit to an incompetent boss. Na GO wey I know say dey scam me live I go come dey bow to? I would rather lightning strike me down if that ever happened! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by 7arrows: 12:16am On May 14
Kavod:

CHECK AND BALANCE AM NAA. HE WAS INDIRECTLY SAYING...... ANYONE WHO DONT PAY TITHE OR INQUIRE ABOUT HOW THE TITHES ARE SPENT WOULD BE SUBJECTED TO MISFORTUNE BROUGHT FROM GOD. E NOR LEGIT

With that statement he nailed it and indicted himself. But r u sure that pastor truly said it? Cause for such a statement from someone as him is funny. Anyway I know that they r all scams. That's why they dislike Abel Damina.

2 Likes

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Morizo(m): 12:16am On May 14
Odewaleadesoye:
The General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has disclosed how God dealt with some billionaires who questioned his accountability over their tithes.

Pastor Adeboye disclosed that four billionaires from one of the branches of RCCG had written to him demanding to know how the ministry spent their tithes.

Enoch the lamba 😂

Addressing his members, Pastor Adeboye disclosed that God punished the branch as most of the members started suffering in their businesses and their contracts were being cancelled.

He said:

DAILY POST

1 Like

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Konquest: 12:20am On May 14
Kobojunkie:
It is the same reason people join cults and gangs. Does not make it an OK reason or thing to do. lipsrsealed

2. I couldn't even get myself to an incompetent boss. Na GO wey I know say dey scam me live I go come dey bow to? I would rather lightning strike me down if that ever happened! undecided
Your first paragraph is succinctly stated.

If you can remember, back in the early 1990s, there was this standoff between U.S. Federal Agents and members of the Branch Davidian sect in Waco, Texas who were all armed to the teeth. They refused to surrender and when troops moved in, gun shots got fired from all sides and this was shown live on CNN and select cable TV stations.

The bolded last paragraph of yours really cracked me up right here... cheesy grin

"You would rather lightning strikes you down." I know you're speaking metaphorically though... but you sounded funny with that lightning analogy.

You know what? I've actually been struck by some lightning while in my Uni days. I felt the electric shock discharge into my body from my head after a bright flash of white light struck overhead when it had just started drizzling. "I had to run right back into my flat with the speed of Ben Johnson on anabolic steroids." The cosmic forces seemed to have been in alignment with me that thundery, wet evening. It was just so surreal that I survived the situation.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by engrchykae(m): 12:23am On May 14
I don't blame adeboye,I blame foolish members
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by 7arrows: 12:24am On May 14
NoToPile:
Whatever any Church does with my Tithe and offering they are accountable to God, as far as I am concerned I have paid to God.

If you feel anybody will chop your money go and pay it to heaven direct shikena.

Happy paying my guy. I beg give me God's account number I want to also pay mine. Thanks
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Peopleofthebook: 1:00am On May 14
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! Like I have ever depended on any such in the past for my knowledge of who the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is, let alone His Son, Jesus Christ. lipsrsealed

Yes, but when you call God's name wrongly or say His name abbreviated, then you possibly are pandering towards falsehood. The Most High's name isn't a generic title as in Lord or God, neither is it backed into abbreviations as in YHWH. If anyone's referring to the the God of Isreal; then His name is Yahuwah/Yahuah. While the only one begotten of the Father is Yahushua not iesus or issus or jesus that Christians generally accept as Jesus christ - the white Greek god juxtaposed to perpetuate the great deception. Iesus, issus chraestus, jesus christ isn't Yahushua!

Apparently, your knowledge of whom you call 'God' or His Son is wack. Without prejudice but seem to me a JW, very well indoctrinated by the elders and the watchtower organisation. Not too bad cos as long as you are promoting and contributing to false worship by acknowledging and adopting false or strange name(s); then you are useful to the whole scheme of the great deception, even if you work out of department: JW. Did you know the deception is almost 400 years old? Yes, the plot is that thick and multitudes have been fully conditioned and so cannot break away even if the truth stared at them in the face. Quite sad!

The dark truth about Lord, God and who God is: the sacred name revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuWa0YVqZ20?si=LffgtqRThHTO97Mq
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Sapiens3: 1:09am On May 14
judedwriter:

Don't know about you, but I am not a fool.

I not only go to church, I serve the living God in church.

He is a living God indeed. Sense is running towards you but it seems you are faster than it
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On May 14
Peopleofthebook:
Yes, but when you call God's name wrongly or say His name abbreviated, then you possibly are pandering towards falsehood. The Most High's name isn't a generic title as in Lord or God, neither is it backed into abbreviations as in YHWH. If anyone's referring to the the God of Isreal; then His name is Yahuwah/Yahuah. While the only one begotten of the Father is Yahushua not iesus or issus or jesus that Christians generally accept as Jesus christ - the white Greek god juxtaposed to perpetuate the great deception. Iesus, issus chraestus, jesus christ isn't Yahushua!
■ Apparently, your knowledge of whom you call 'God' or His Son is wack. Looks to me you are a JW, very well indoctrinated by the elders and the watchtower organisation. Not too bad cos as long as you are promoting and contributing to false worship by acknowledging and adopting false or strange name(s);
■ then you are useful to the whole scheme of the great deception. Did you know the deception is almost 400 years old? Yes, the plot is that thick and multitudes have been fully conditioned and so cannot break away even if the truth stared at them in the face. Quite sad!
■ John 8:32
... you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
1. I am at least assuming you stick to that which is written in Scripture, right? Please show us where in Scripture that claim you made— in bold and in red— comes from. Exactly where in all of Scripture did God state that if you so much mispronounce His name or say the wrong name, not only are you not referring to Him but pandering towards falsehood? undecided

2. I am not a Christian and I am equally anti-Religion so all this sounds a lot like gobbledegook to me. undecided

3. What great deception is that one again?

4. You do understand that the moment you resort to quoting verses out of context you reveal yourself to be cut of the same cloth as the very ones you cast down, the JWs for example who do the same thing. undecided
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 1:40am On May 14
Konquest:
■ Your first paragraph is succinctly stated.
If you can remember, back in the early 1990s, there was this standoff between U.S. Federal Agents and members of the Branch Davidian sect in Waco, Texas who were all armed to the teeth. They refused to surrender and when troops moved in, gun shots got fired from all sides and this was shown live on CNN and select cable TV stations.
The bolded last paragraph of yours really cracked me up right here... cheesy grin
"You would rather lightning strikes you down." I know you're speaking metaphorically though... but you sounded funny with that lightning analogy.
■ You know what? I've actually been struck by some lightning while in my Uni days. I felt the electric shock discharge into my body from my head after a bright flash of white light struck overhead when it had just started drizzling. "I had to run right back into my flat with the speed of Ben Johnson on anabolic steroids." The cosmic forces seemed to have been in alignment with me that thundery, wet evening. It was just so surreal that I survived the situation.
1. Maintain that religion is not what any sane individual would dabble in! undecided

2. Yikes! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Tzar(m): 2:17am On May 14
This is becoming outrageous and delusional!!!
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Edusouls(m): 4:30am On May 14
bestman09:
Daddy G.O. is talking to us his children, not you guys that don't understand how the spirit works. If you don't get the message, just forgerrit!
you that is the king of spirits that knows how the spirit works explain to us? Religion don brainwash una finish Blackman completely empty entity
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Dshocker(m): 5:01am On May 14
The real miracle worker, Master Jesus didn't collect a dime when he was on earth.

But here in Nigeria, all manner of rubbish happens, even those that cannot cure or pray against malaria are swimming in wealth through tithe and offering.

419ers
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by shaybebaby(f): 5:49am On May 14
Image123:

Does that make Calgary closer to God or holier than Ketu?
Don't know about to closer or holier, but the citizens have one less problem than the citizens of Ketu...their pastor is not fleecing them.

1 Like

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by CheapHomes1: 6:07am On May 14
bestman09:
Daddy G.O. is talking to us his children, not you guys that don't understand how the spirit works. If you don't get the message, just forgerrit!
how does the spirit work? if he is he talking to his children, how is that related to the way the spirit works?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by CheapHomes1: 6:10am On May 14
bitbillionaire:
LoL. You pay tithe, supposedly to God, and then ask the pastor to give a monthly account of how the 'tithe' is being spent. It's the arrogance for me. Imagine a human being demanding that God should give account of the money he gives Him!

Tithe is supposed to be a holy gift you give with faith that it is God you are giving it to after blessing and sanctifying it. You don't have to give if you don't believe in it. You don't have to give if you don't believe it's God you are giving to.

Asking God to account for what you give to Him sounds sacrilegious

how is tithe "blessed and sanctified"? how do you give God tithe? is it God that takes custody of the tithe you pay?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Hotice085: 6:15am On May 14
Odewaleadesoye:
The General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has disclosed how God dealt with some billionaires who questioned his accountability over their tithes.

Pastor Adeboye disclosed that four billionaires from one of the branches of RCCG had written to him demanding to know how the ministry spent their tithes.

Addressing his members, Pastor Adeboye disclosed that God punished the branch as most of the members started suffering in their businesses and their contracts were being cancelled.

He said:

DAILY POST

God can NEVER punish anyone because of tithe
God needs nothing from man
Why is God not punishing Bill Gates and other world billionaires
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:41am On May 14
Kobojunkie:
Repeating the stories the man fed to you lot does not make it less of a lie! Even Mohammed claimed he was instructed by God but we all know that is a lie. Stop lying abeg! undecided
1 Corinthians 2:14-16 says "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised".
People like you are always pleased with people that spend their money for Satan through sinful habits like harlotry, prostitution, fornication, adultery, night club and beer drinking etc but sad when people of God spend their money for things of God.
If you don't spend for the work of God, you will surely spend for Satan
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by HRMK: 6:59am On May 14
FOR ALL I KNOW #TITHING IS IN THE SCRIPTURES BUT OUR PASTORS ARE USING IT TO ENRICH THEMSELVES!ITS MEANT TO TAKE CARE OF THE NEEDY IN THE SOCIETY AND THE CHURCH!WHAT IS THE RATIONALE BEHIND A PASTOR PURCHASING 3 OR 4 JETS FOR HIS MINISTRY?HE DOES NOT NEED MORE THAN JUST ONE FOR HIS DUTIES!HAVING MORE IS A LUXURY!!

1 Like

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by 7arrows: 6:59am On May 14
forexprophet:
Your head dey jam..... How are the two connected.

Him head no jam. They are connected, infact it's you that is dumb for not understanding what he meant. The little girl the whole world prayed for and are still praying for is already living her life as a Muslim and in forced marriages. Even adeboye prayed for her return but she didn't. But the one who asked for accountability received punishment. I hear una
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Amumaigwe: 7:33am On May 14
Kavod:

THE BIBLE DE VERY CLEAR... NO ONE FORCED THEM TO PAY THE TITHE, WHY ASKING FOR DETAILS ABOUT HOW ITS SPENT? IF YOY WANT IT TO BE SPENT THE WAY YOY GUYS FEEL IT SHOUL BE SPENT THEN DONT PAY THE TITHE AND USE IT FOR WHATEVER CHURCH PURPOSE YOU SEE FIT. BUT SPEAKING ABOUT THEM PUBLICLY IS NOT ALSO GOOD BECAUSE ITS LIKE YOU ARE USING THE SCENERIO TO THREATEN OTHERS TO PAY THE TITHE

You lie. They were forced to pay their tithe by lying to them about the consequences of not complying. You don't underestimate the power of fear.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by EreluRoz: 7:49am On May 14
Kukutente23:

What do you think of what's happening in Rivers
I don't like Wike for any reason, I wish asiwaju never involved him in our government. Wike will fight everyone at the right time
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by BeigJawnson(m): 8:01am On May 14
potent5:
The joke is on you. If you like, twist and turn with your explanation.

No jokes on me here... Hatred on you... Once again, people ain't forced to give tithes ... So which jokes are you talking about?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Abrahamweb(m): 8:29am On May 14
So God has time to deal with the billionaires that question him about tithe but false prophet are misleading Christians God cannot correct that.
I think this God has no priority at all.
Men using your name to scam other people is not your priority.
Pastors commiting crimes, sleeping with their members, stealing church funds, duping members is not your priority.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by mazinaija: 8:34am On May 14
lamba
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kavod: 9:51am On May 14
Amumaigwe:

You lie. They were forced to pay their tithe by lying to them about the consequences of not complying. You don't underestimate the power of fear.

LETS SAY YOU ARE A BILLIONAIRE @58, YOU ATTEND A CHURCH AND THE PASTOR COMPELS YOU TO PAY TITHE, DOES IT NOT MEAN YOU HAVE POO IN YOUR HEAD INSTEAD OF A BRAIN? DO YOU THINK DANGOTE, DANTATA, ELON MUSK AND CO PAY TITHE?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by bitbillionaire: 10:01am On May 14
CheapHomes1:

how is tithe "blessed and sanctified"? how do you give God tithe? is it God that takes custody of the tithe you pay?

I can discern your level of spiritual understanding and development from your kind of question. Unfortunately, I can't help you!
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by CheapHomes1: 10:16am On May 14
bitbillionaire:

I can discern your level of spiritual understanding and development from your kind of question. Unfortunately, I can't help you!
why didnt you use the discernment to answer the simple question I asked you?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by bitbillionaire: 1:26pm On May 14
CheapHomes1:

why didnt you use the discernment to answer the simple question I asked you?

The concept of tithing is beyond your understanding for now judging from your current level of spiritual development and enlightenment.

I advise you to undergo some spiritual regeneration and become born again first. Until you do that, trying to explain anything about tithing to you is like trying to teach a kid who has not even started school yet further mathematics!
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by lomprico(m): 1:51pm On May 14
Desusi:

You're carnal,that's why you're offended. Pray that you wouldn't get to the pit of hell before the truth is made known to you.Ask your brother Judas, annanias and saphirras,they will tell you better.

I'm irritated on how an adult who claims to be educated can be so stupid
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by CheapHomes1: 1:52pm On May 14
bitbillionaire:

The concept of tithing is beyond your understanding for now judging from your current level of spiritual development and enlightenment.

I advise you to undergo some spiritual regeneration and become born again first. Until you do that, trying to explain anything about tithing to you is like trying to teach a kid who has not even started school yet further mathematics!

how are you able to judge a person's level of spiritual development and enlightenment?

since its not beyond your understanding "judging from your current level of spiritual development and enlightenment", and you have undergone "some spiritual regeneration and become born again first", am surprised you cant answer the simple question.

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Charly68: 1:56pm On May 14
Stupid bilonaires ,they have forgotten ,it is God that gives power to make wealth. They wanted to play God and he humbled them ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Omowole Isaac: Self-Acclaimed "Jesus Christ" Appears In Lagos (video) - SR / Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / God Used A Witch To Save Me From Death By Kolanuts - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.