Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye (44023 Views)

REVEAL : Why Christians Should Pay Their Tithe To Their Pastors / Christians Think Pastor Is Eating Their Tithe Money / It’s A Sin To Pay Tithe – Pastor Chris Ojigbani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Offpointng: 10:27pm On May 13
jahsharon:
Now is time for this man to retire before he causes irreparable damages to the body of Christ

You didn't call him, you got no right to tell him to retire

I wonder why y'all got issues with a man that isn't even the reason behind ur generational problems
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ Well, until 2021 i use to be a full time member in Deeper life and there was no time a call was made by any district or group pastor to contribute towards a bridge project or anything related to what was done there
■ Besides, our argument was if the church was giving to the community. You got ur answers already but just choose to want to argue to feel right. No man, next time don't contribute to topics outta ignorance
1. Interesting! Do you wish to claim that the news is false simply on grounds that you never knew of it? 😂😂😂😂 Even my mum who is to this day a deeper life member does not even pretend she knows all that is happening in the church. undecided

2. Yes, and clearly, you mistake corporate events and donations, which pretty much every company out there engages in, mostly for marketing brand improvement purposes, with community programs. Catholic churches are well known for such efforts, even though it has been proven that the majority of the time it has been for dubious purposes. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ You didn't call him, you got no right to tell him to retire I wonder why y'all got issues with a man that isn't even the reason behind ur generational problems
The man called himself! grin
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Offpointng: 10:33pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
1. Interesting! Do you wish to claim that the news is false simply on grounds that you never knew of it? 😂😂😂😂 Even my mum who is to this day a deeper life member does not even pretend she knows all that is happening in the church. undecided

2. Yes, and clearly, you mistake corporate events and donations, which pretty much every company out there engages in, mostly for marketing brand improvement purposes, with community programs. Catholic churches are well known for such efforts, even though it has been proven that the majority of the time it has been for dubious purposes. undecided

Oya go ask ur mama how much she contributed towards the bridge. I'm interested to know.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ Oya go ask ur mama how much she contributed towards the bridge. I'm interested to know.
You no dey read? undecided
Kobojunkie:

Eye blind you? lipsrsealed
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Offpointng: 10:35pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
The man called himself! grin

It's funny how you speak against men of God and think it's something funny

Atleast not to Pastor Kumuyi, Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Formation10: 10:35pm On May 13
Righthussle:
Adeboye god get power to deal with billionaires wey ask questions but him no fit protect Adeboye so that him no go dey waste money carry armed security men dey walka.

Guys stop giving these pulpit bandits your hard earned money. Whoever or whatever made the universe will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER need your money for A N Y T H I N G whatsoever.

Any human being who collects money from other humans on behalf of an unseen entity is a thief. You don't need a judge to tell you that.

Any human who gives money to another human with the mindset that he/she is giving money to the creator of the universe or any unseen entity is a big fool.

Any man who tells you he works for the maker of the universe is a thief. He works for his stomach. He must one day come to tell you his "all-sufficient " god whom he works for needs your money. The being behind the existence of the universe is not a human like Dangote, Elon Musk or Tinubu that will need workers and money. Wise up
Anyone will follow or believe in your write-up is a big fool,so you saying the bible is lying that say we bring in our tithe into the store room
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Offpointng: 10:37pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
You no dey read? undecidedEye blind you? lipsrsealed

You feel like arguing unnecessarily. I told you no call was made for contribution towards any bridge and if your mum knows everything call her and ask her how much her pastor asked her to bring
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ It's funny how you speak against men of God and think it's something funny Atleast not to Pastor Kumuyi, Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo
What is instead funny is how a grown individual would swallow lies fed him from another man all because the lie is laced with many mentions of God and Jesus Christ. Very funny indeed when Scripture clearly details that these men you listen to as instead thieves! grin
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Konquest: 10:38pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
1. I have family and friends who are members of that church actually. But again, the situation here is this. Adeboye has been, for over 40 years, against accountability given he never did see fit to implement these ideas before the request came in from one of the so-called billionaires. Was it an old man going senile for all those 40 years? undecided

2. I don't need podcasts to teach me anything when it comes to Scripture. I based my belief in God on what is written. Your Adeboye and other gods of men have nothing to do with the God of Israel — YHWH — or even His Son, Jesus Christ. Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 31 & John 10 vs 7 - 16. undecided
Hang on... He is NOT "my Adeboye." I'm NOT his member or even an Xtian like I indicated earlier. I'm ONLY interested in fact-checks here because of the fake news and embellishments of stories that exist in cyberspace and offline these days.

You seem to have MORE than an extreme disdain for these Pastor folks... You've been flogging them real hard right on this thread.
I bet one of them may have dealt heavily with you back in the day in ways that are indescribable. *Smirk*

I see your key points in your first paragraph though. I can understand where you're coming from.

Last but not least, accountability must be embedded when it comes to the spending of funds in religious institutions to avoid these folks becoming too much of demigods.

=>https://www.nairaland.com/8090960/pastor-ebenezer-oduntan-jailed-uk/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by thecommunist(m): 10:39pm On May 13
NoToPile:

It's all semantics, and I didn't mean pay God.
Maybe 'given' sounds better instead of pay, most times we use the statement 'pay your tithes' and 'give your offerings' subconsciously that's how the sentence I used initially formed.

I know its semantics. but it just sounds somehow that I had to comment on that.
Bless you man.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ You feel like arguing unnecessarily. I told you no call was made for contribution towards any bridge
and if your mum knows everything call her and ask her how much her pastor asked her to bring
I am not the one arguing unnecessarily. You are, trying really hard to pass off corporate branding and marketing projects as works of God. Very ridiculous! grin

and to top it all off, you don't read responses but are all too quick to respond in ignorance. angry
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by kingxsamz(m): 10:42pm On May 13
Odewaleadesoye:
The General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has disclosed how God dealt with some billionaires who questioned his accountability over their tithes.

Pastor Adeboye disclosed that four billionaires from one of the branches of RCCG had written to him demanding to know how the ministry spent their tithes.

Addressing his members, Pastor Adeboye disclosed that God punished the branch as most of the members started suffering in their businesses and their contracts were being cancelled.

He said:

DAILY POST

Your fellow man asked you to give him money because some invisible dude in the sky demands it and you're asking for transparency.
Being a billionaire does not stop one from being fuuIish.
If you willingly give out money to these liars called pastors all in the name of tithe and offering, you have no business knowing how the money is being spent.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by FILEBE(m): 10:45pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
God of Israel has no right to say that He is God of a certain people and not another? undecided

2. It absolutely doesn't at all given traditional groups in even Nigeria also have their own tribal gods to boast of. So why not demand they quit being for any particular group then? undecided

Aren't you contradicting yourself here ? God of Isreal . God of Jerusalem. God of Arabia.
God of Ethiopia...

Well, except you are being sarcastic which I am hinting you are. There are isn't any meaning to saying God of Isreal. .
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On May 13
Konquest:
■ Hang on... He is NOT "my Adeboye." I'm NOT his member or even an Xtian like I indicated earlier.
■ You seem to have MORE than an extreme disdain for these Pastor folks... You've been flogging them real hard right on this thread.
■ I bet one of them may have dealt heavily with you back in the day in ways that are indescribable. *Smirk* I see your key points in your first paragraph though. I can understand where you're coming from.
■ Last but not least, accountability must be embedded when it comes to the spending of funds in religious institutions to avoid these folks becoming too much of demigods. =>https://www.nairaland.com/8090960/pastor-ebenezer-oduntan-jailed-uk/
1. You did say you have known Adeboye from back in the day, did you not? undecided

2. I absolutely detest the many lies they feed people using the mentions of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. If these men never hid these lies behind those mentions, you and I would certainly not be having this conversation at all. grin

3. Not ever! I really hate the falsehood and the fact that a majority of Nigerians have been rendered fools, afraid of even their shadows, by it. undecided

4. God of Israel, and His Son, Jesus Christ, never sent any followers out to run businesses using their names on this earth. So, the spending should be done according to business regulations. This man's under-handed use of the name of God to deceive his followers into believing that accountability is a sin against the God of Israel is nothing short of evil and that is antiChrist. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On May 13
FILEBE:
■ Aren't you contradicting yourself here ? God of Isreal . God of Jerusalem. God of Arabia.
God of Ethiopia...
■ Well, except you are being sarcastic which I am hinting you are. There are isn't any meaning to saying God of Isreal. .
I don't understand. How in the world is saying "God of Israel" contradictory? undecided

2. YHWH declared Himself God of Israel — God only over the tribe that consists of the descendants of Jacob who is also named Israel — in Scripture. Why does stating this bother you? undecided
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Hassanmaye(m): 10:57pm On May 13
Odewaleadesoye:
The General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has disclosed how God dealt with some billionaires who questioned his accountability over their tithes.

Pastor Adeboye disclosed that four billionaires from one of the branches of RCCG had written to him demanding to know how the ministry spent their tithes.

Addressing his members, Pastor Adeboye disclosed that God punished the branch as most of the members started suffering in their businesses and their contracts were being cancelled.

He said:

DAILY POST
Haha
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by InvertedHammer: 10:58pm On May 13
/
Adeboye should do a crusade in Sambisa forest.

I am sure God will want him to bring repentant Boko Haram and ISWAP members to the body of Christ. Who knows? They may even tithe 10% of their ransom to him after all the only god he worships is money. It is understandable that as a human he "loves" money but the insatiable appetite for money is what puts him close to satan.

/
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by iramure(m): 11:04pm On May 13
autonomous22:

That’s hash on a man of God
where or who is the man of God in this case?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Konquest: 11:12pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
1. You did say you have known Adeboye from back in the day, did you not? undecided

2. I absolutely detest the many lies they feed people using the mentions of the God of Israel and His Son, Jesus Christ. If these men never hid these lies behind those mentions, you and I would certainly not be having this conversation at all. grin

3. Not ever! I really hate the falsehood and the fact that a majority of Nigerians have been rendered fools, afraid of even their shadows, by it. undecided

4. God of Israel, and His Son, Jesus Christ, never sent any followers out to run businesses using their names on this earth. So, the spending should be done according to business regulations. This man's under-handed use of the name of God to deceive his followers into believing that accountability is a sin against the God of Israel is nothing short of evil and that is antiChrist. undecided
@Kobojunkie,

I meant I've never met him one-on-one but being that he's a prominent man, I've read about his journeys in life and watched him speak online and on TV.

You indeed made some valid points in your submissions.

I used to be an Xtian but my level of awareness has since evolved beyond that level of consciousness due to my vast reading or exposures to a lot of global literature on comparative religion, the study of bible subscripts (the very tiny letters at the bottom of each bible page), extra-biblical book sources and Near Eastern archaeology and history right from the 1980s. So, I gradually grew tired of some con artists who used music and mass psychology effects laced with church doctrines to lay siege to the ever gullible folks. Nobody can deceive you unless you allow it. These are some of the specifics I've learned over the years about the male-dominated religions and how the Kings of old and the religious priests worked hand-in-hand to manipulate their people through scaremongering and the masses then act like lemmings even right up to this 21st century.

However, there are folks even in churches whose states of awareness might even be higher than their so-called pastors but they have to go to church based on their current levels of awareness and I will not judge them.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by FILEBE(m): 11:27pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand. How in the world is saying "God of Israel" contradictory? undecided

2. YHWH declared Himself God of Israel — God only over the tribe that consists of the descendants of Jacob who is also named Israel — in Scripture. Why does stating this bother you? undecided

Descendants of Jacob , you say? So he isn't your God then
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On May 13
FILEBE:
.■ Descendants of Jacob , you say?
■ So he isn't your God then
Yes, blood descendants of the man Jacob. undecided

2. Recall that I had that you not worry at all about me earlier. grin
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:31pm On May 13
Konquest:
...■ However, there are folks even in churches whose states of awareness might even be higher than their so-called pastors but they have to go to church based on their current levels of awareness and I will not judge them.
I have heard something like this before, and I think it is just as ridiculous even reading this now. How can a human being voluntarily enslave himself under another human whose state of awareness is lower than his? For what purpose or gain or reason is there church attendance? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Boyjaco: 11:32pm On May 13
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Offpointng: 11:45pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
I am not the one arguing unnecessarily. You are, trying really hard to pass off corporate branding and marketing projects as works of God. Very ridiculous! grin

and to top it all off, you don't read responses but are all too quick to respond in ignorance. angry

It's rather funny someone like you is accusing me of texting outta ignorance, You??

Omo enjoy. I've got no Time more to waste
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Ilekokonit: 11:48pm On May 13
omoredia:
“I have not sent these prophets, yet they run around claiming to speak for me. I have given them no message, yet they go on prophesying. Jerm 23: 21

Jeremiah 6:13 (NIV) - From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

2 Peter 2:3 - In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.

1 Timothy 6:4 - People of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

Proverbs 22:16 - One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.

1 Peter 5:2 - Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve;

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11 - The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

Acts 10:34 - Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Jeremiah 17:5 - Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by FILEBE(m): 11:48pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
Yes, blood descendants of the man Jacob. undecided

2. Recall that I had that you not worry at all about me earlier. grin

I think I am beginning to understand you. No worry, no ask .

God is Gof of all. God of Abraham, God of Adam,God of Eve, whatever God of all! He is God for all and not limited to a person ,tribe or lineage .
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On May 13
Offpointng:
■ It's rather funny someone like you is accusing me of texting outta ignorance, You?? Omo enjoy. I've got no Time more to waste
Lol...Churchians! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Konquest: 11:49pm On May 13
Kobojunkie:
I have heard something like this before, and I think it is just as ridiculous even reading this now. How can a human being voluntarily enslave himself under another human whose state of awareness is lower than his? For what purpose or gain or reason is there church attendance? lipsrsealed
To be honest... It's ridiculous like you said but then again, there's a thought process behind this.

Well publicized, credible research by Sociologists in the U.S. actually shows that MOST folks who go to church do so because of the communalism it brings... Or to put it another way the social network and friendships that exist at the church level. A vast number would have stayed back at home to do their worship or bible studies but they choose to go out because the human animal is a social creature and ALSO a creature of habit.

So, folks have to be be CLEARLY intentional if they want to break that social routine or rut of being subservient to one so-called religious head or a GO who you know deep down in your subconscious that you are better than in terms of balance and knowledge.
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On May 13
FILEBE:
■ I think I am beginning to understand you. No worry, no ask .
■ God is Gof of all. God of Abraham, God of Adam,God of Eve, whatever God of all! He is God for all and not limited to a person ,tribe or lineage .
So, what you are saying is that He lied when He proclaimed that He is instead God of Israel— Israel His only inheritance in the land of men? I am also understanding that you are one of those who would rather dictate terms to God of Israel than let Him speak for Himself. undecided

P.S. I could try explaining me to you but It would probably take many days for you to get it. undecided
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Ilekokonit: 11:51pm On May 13
Emmastan291:
That comment you’re looking for use your hand and type it.

Baba dey fear ?
Re: How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye by Ilekokonit: 11:54pm On May 13
OneCandleAway:
It's the people who dash him free money that's dumb

Proverbs 22:16 - One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Omowole Isaac: Self-Acclaimed "Jesus Christ" Appears In Lagos (video) - SR / Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos) / God Used A Witch To Save Me From Death By Kolanuts - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.