Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians (29842 Views)

Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by 360command: 7:08pm On May 13
proeast:
I just had a nasty experience at the Indian consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

Here is the entire story:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.
no proof nothing. You could have recorded them.. audio video record.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Laple0541(m): 7:08pm On May 13
They were only trying to be sure you are not bringing drugs to there country or decide not to leave when your visa expires. Some developers from this country had developed that country enough, so now they take more than enough precautions to curtail them. That notwithstanding doesn’t mean they should turn themselves to scammers.

BTW, what kind of Sakamaje tourism are you looking for in India of all places? That country is as useless as Nigeria, except you want to do some shady stuffs.

FOR THE MONEY THEY DUBIOUSLY GOT FROM YOU, ALL YOU CAN DO IS TO CONTINUOUSLY DRAG THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA UNTIL SOMEONE RESPONDS.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by BondRiv: 7:09pm On May 13
Sadly, our ministry of foreign affairs is not active. They don't care. Very shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ofunaofu: 7:11pm On May 13
YesDaddyTill203:

More like about your blodas selling drugs in India and other South East Asian countries.
Instead of blaming your blodas that are soiling the reputation of the country by engaging in drugs and other criminal activities you are here looking for cheap excuses as usual. Una never takes responsibility for your criminal enterprise, you must blame it on others.

But our president is a notorious narcotics drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On May 13
atobs4real:
We have also damaged every where with our bad reputation

Indians don’t have better reputation undecided

5 Likes

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by fkelly(m): 7:12pm On May 13
Fulaninigger:
Ibo people don finish us!

Eji-ohu-ndibunu
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by john1101(m): 7:14pm On May 13
proeast:

On Friday, I went to the Indian consulate in HCMC to apply for one month tourist visa, after booking online the previous night. On getting to the consulate, the lady at the reception took my documents inside and after a while, returned to tell me that my visa has been granted in principle. That i have been issued with a single entry visa. However, I must pay 6.3000,000.00 VND about $250. I was shocked when I heard this because I already paid the agent that booked the appointment $100 thinking it included visa fees. They said it was because I’m a Nigerian and we are charged higher. Nevertheless, I decided to go ahead and pay the amount to save myself further stress. But the lady again, insisted I must pay cash.

I called a Vietnamese lady who accompanied me and she helped provide the balance because I had only 3+ million VND with me.

After paying, they collected my passport, Vietnamese visa and then conducted biometrics on me. Then I left.

This morning, I received a call from the consulate that I have to pay another 8 million VND otherwise my visa would not be issued to me. I was shocked and I told them that I can't pay a dime again. They either issue my visa or refund my money. The lady agreed that I should come and get the refund. However, on getting to the consulate, they refused to give me the refund. That it was a new policy. Eventually, I left with my passport. No visa! no $250!

I'm currently feeling robbed and dehumanized. I don't know how to go about this to seek justice.

Pls can anyone help me with advise or pro bono services because I believe I have a good case and such inhuman acts shouldn't be allowed.

When you are hearing Nigeria is a third world country did you think people where joking.

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ofunaofu: 7:14pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:

Why are you mentioning Buhari or Tinubu. Is it this two men that push drugs in India.

Your brothers should be blamed for this inhuman treatment.

Tinubu push drugs infact according to Reno Omokri, Tinubu is a KNOWN DRUG LORD

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by membranus: 7:15pm On May 13
Ofunaofu:

But our president is a notorious narcotics drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

Your luck.

You can relocate if you are not happy with that.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by SmallmebigGod: 7:16pm On May 13
This is exactly what Nigeria consulate do to foreigners. The embassy is just taking it on you. So sorry for your experience. I think when it comes to visa matter , if you really want or need to be in the country just play by there tune.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by NairalandGOAT1: 7:18pm On May 13
Just here to learn!

Never been to an aeroplane oh sorry, hairpot!! grin 😆 grin 😆
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by casualobserver: 7:19pm On May 13
OChimex:

Indians are just bunch of silly cunts.
The same everywhere in the world.
Anywhere you see an Indian, be cautious.
They are heartless idiots

cococandy:

Indians don’t have better reputation undecided

So why does a Nigerian want to go to their country?

1 Like

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by NairalandGOAT1: 7:20pm On May 13
GreaterFuture:
The Nigerian Situation descends lower...
(as perfectly expected & predicted like persons like me)

Please if you have sure Link or Links to a foreign, 2nd Passport/Citizenship that's fairly good, Overseas or within African here, please Share.
Help many of us genuine, hard-working, educated Nigerians that things are already so bleak, and it's going to get bleaker in the future, to have something, to have a backup.
Doesn't have to be Heavy heavy passport, something just good enough and guarantees high likelihood to get visa (if not visa-free already) to most Countries when you apply.

Please, please help us, share 'Update'.

Motion seconded!!!! @casualObserver
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by cococandy(f): 7:21pm On May 13
casualobserver:

So why does a Nigerian want to go to their country?

I don’t know

Maybe personal reasons? Tourism? Some type of business?

Ask the OP what his reasons were
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Akamon(m): 7:23pm On May 13
Where's the Kenyan CNN Reporter. CNN/BBC must hear this
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by oyeb15: 7:24pm On May 13
Come back to your home
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by donsheddy1(m): 7:25pm On May 13
Reading some comments here shows that we really deserve what we get abroad. Someone is telling you that your fellow country man was defrauded by another country of $250 and some nitwits here are asking if he's Ibo or not. Some even say that it's because of past drug related issues with other Nigerians. Not even a single intelligent reply to the OP.

I still regret being Nigerian though but I still do not have a choice. The bigotry, tribalism and slander is just alarming even in Nigeria. People either want to make a joke over serious issues or they wanna show the world how they're ill-mannered and show how their parents have thought them to hate other tribes.

@OP if you want this to slide fine but I'll suggest you sue this company and provide proof of payment. You should have known that these crooks where ready to steal from you the moment they were requesting you pay in cash.

Try and sue first and update us with the outcome afterwards. Abike Dabiri will do same as she can't leave her country to fix another's issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by YesDaddyTill203: 7:26pm On May 13
Ofunaofu:

Yeah that's why he's in prison like your fore fathers who have been doing prison time for drug trade for decades now. Some are even on death row. Clown grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by 99thEnemy(m): 7:28pm On May 13
Lamasta:
So then fit scam Niger man like this
Extortion is different from scam.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Ofunaofu: 7:30pm On May 13
YesDaddyTill203:

Yeah that's why he's in prison like your fore fathers who have been doing prison time for drug trade for decades now. Some are even on death row. Clown grin

Why are you angry at me?

This is not the first, and it won't be the last you will learn that Tinubu is the most notorious narcotics drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known.

Reno Omokri even said that he is a known drug lord and even went as far as challenging Tinubu to take him to court.

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Topman7: 7:31pm On May 13
proeast:

They are scammers.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by casualobserver: 7:31pm On May 13
cococandy:

I don’t know

Maybe personal reasons? Tourism? Some type of business?

Ask the OP what his reasons were

BS! If you investigate well they are the same people giving us a bad name everywhere. If you had anything about you as a Nigerian, India Vietnam are not the type of countries on your destinations list. The type of Nigerians that go there are the ones that give us a bad rep, the ones who cannot go to other countries.

5 Likes

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by boxypane(m): 7:32pm On May 13
Them run you street. That was why they asked for cash rather than transfer. Na to loud am for Social media o
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Juju70(m): 7:32pm On May 13
You gentle o! Kai Walahi as I don calculate 250x1500 that whole place people go gather!
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by DaddyGngeess(m): 7:32pm On May 13
What about Mr Solomon the Nigeria president there that man is really trying shall have you met him or discussed this with him, he has helped alot Nigerians I know there
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by cosmos1440: 7:33pm On May 13
proeast:

Na Igbo people cause am...
If you know you know
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by MMempire(m): 7:34pm On May 13
Burn down the building.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Judolisco(m): 7:35pm On May 13
Wetin una dey find for Vietnam sef.... Abeg?
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Bignuell(m): 7:35pm On May 13
This should be on twitter bro
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by UnabashedIPOB: 7:36pm On May 13
proeast:

That's the price you pay for being a citizen of a useless and failed country. This is just the beginning...it will get worse!

Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by Emco1: 7:38pm On May 13
Fulaninigger:
Ibo people don finish us!
IGBO people have finished you and your illiterate cousin just finished rulling Nigeria and not the IGBOS, still your blaming them for your failed country. Why not allow them to have their own country then for you to enjoy your country as you wish.
Re: Indian Consulate In Vietnam Is Robbing Nigerians by UnabashedIPOB: 7:38pm On May 13
proeast:

That's the price you pay for being a citizen of a useless and failed country. This is just the beginning...it will get worse!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Lagos Ride Scheme. / My Experience Getting My NIN In Poland / Building A Rapid Mass Transit System (Metro-Rail) In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.